Who Is Your God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please, step up your argument. You can't even keep your own statements straight, "I agree with Luke 16:22. Hell is a place for the unredeemed after day. The place called Hell is not important"

Even though Luke 16:22 CLEAR AS DAY paints a picture of hell as something you GO TO after death: you still maintain this nonsense.

Once again I appreciate the compassion and patience you have with your inferior......I hope I can one day treat people as well as you do.....

Luke 16:22 “The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham’s side. The rich man also died and was buried.

I admit it - I just do not understand your rabid need to believe that the most important part of Hell is the place??? It really blows me away! It is like missing the forest for the trees - it is like me making the statement:

"And she went to her grave"

And you responding: She could not have GONE to her GRAVE - she was dead!

Who cares where the place called Hell is or the landscape - the only important part is the experience of Hell. Like I said before, Hell could be a broom closet - it is what happens in the hearts and minds of the people in Hell that matters.

Here's another one. Matthew 25:41. "Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels."
Hmm so hell IS a created place.

College is a place too - but the actually experience and affect of college on a person is the only important part.

So now that you've wasted time maintaining yet another severely flawed doctrine I will ask yet again: Who created hell?

I am, but a worm oh powerful one. God created Hell, please forgive me!
Of course, just like the importance of the actual pound that you pick up your new puppy - the actual place and landscape is irrelevant.

More drivel contrary to Scripture.

Drivel! Oh, your Majesty.....you are too kind to me.....I could have never imaged the bountiful scrapes I am receiving from your intellectual banquet!! I am too unworthy.

For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

Crush them!! Torture the unredeemed!! Turn the other cheek? Heck no! Crush them and watch them burn!! They believed they were equal - they will submit and wail for eternity!!!!!

As if God was small enough to be threatened by puny us - give me a brake! Spanking infants? Not my God.

Wait... But you just made an argument that people don't know right and wrong so they have an excuse... But the Bible states the opposite. I'm shocked-... but not really.

Apart from God, we do not know right from wrong. With God we can rely on His standard, but wait.....it is different than His behavior! But wait.....it is the same as Jesus' example......but wait we are going to burn and wail forever if we sin....But wait! going to Heaven has nothing to do with our effort to be good....But wait, Jesus will not know us if we do not feed the hungry and cloth the poor....But wait! If we call on His name we will go to Heaven, unlike those Muslims and Hindu heathens who are without excuse because we know His name....But wait! All mental gymnastics

Your heaven is starting to sound like an exclusive country club with secret codes, unavailable to people in Muslim and Hindu and Buddhist cultures.

The fact is, Jesus is in charge of justifying and sanctifying our hearts and redeeming us to our pristine pre-Fall selves, regardless of our knowledge of doctrine or how many Bible verses we have memorized or how many heretics we have ridiculed on christianboard.com. God is good and entirely just - He can see our hearts through all the cultural junk that drives our egos. I worship the God of the meek and the humble - not the god of the doctrinally proud.

You avoided the blatant contradiction in your own words yet again.
You say, "God is not immoral", "God punishing people for eternity is immoral" and then you admit he does punish people for eternity.

So make your mind up. Either God is immoral, or punishing people for eternity is moral and right! Which is it?

Sir! Yes, Sir!

There is no contradiction. Like I said in my statement - many people who have professed the idea that God is a vengeful and petty God are wrong. The fact is, the unredeemed are sick - and there sickness is going to lead them to a place that is separate from God, which is a mercy because in their ravaged state - they are no equipped to be in the presence of God.

And how would you consider the judgement on the Jews (assuming this is true) any different than Noah's flood or Sodom?

I was providing an outrageous example - and you missed my point. It disgusts me that you have no problem with in-human treatment of people as punishment.

You didn't answer the question.
So he judges who is sick. Then what? His judgement has no point?

Actually, I did answer the question - judges are not defined by punishment they may pass down to people. They are defined by the decisions or judgments they make. My Judge is defined by His Goodness and Mercy. God will determine what is best for the people who kneel before him.

Judges in family court decide on division of property and custody. No punishment is involved - and they are still called judges.

How did this answer my question? Answer: It didn't.
"Do you or do you not believe that God will deal his wrath and punishment out on those not in Christ?"

Once again, God will determine what is best for the people kneeled before Him. I can only tell you the truth - I cannot make you like it or except it

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
Who cares where the place called Hell is or the landscape - the only important part is the experience of Hell.
And yet God saw it fit to subject people to a lake of fire without water... Now, if that matters not, why would he do it that way?

God created Hell, please forgive me!
OK. So now FINALLY admitting this... You still want to maintain that God won't condemn and torture people for eternity?

Crush them!! Torture the unredeemed!! Turn the other cheek? Heck no! Crush them and watch them burn!! They believed they were equal - they will submit and wail for eternity!!!!!

As if God was small enough to be threatened by puny us - give me a brake! Spanking infants? Not my God.

I'm sorry if you don't believe in a Biblical doctrine but it's black and white. "So that people are without excuse", and yet you... create an excuse.

DEAL with the passage. If you can read it and still not believe God has made himself plainly known so that people are without excuse, then explain it away, deal with the verse.

Your heaven is starting to sound like an exclusive country club with secret codes, unavailable to people in Muslim and Hindu and Buddhist cultures.
So you do not believe Christ is the only way to heaven? More unscriptural crap.

"I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

The fact is, the unredeemed are sick - and there sickness is going to lead them to a place that is separate from God, which is a mercy because in their ravaged state - they are no equipped to be in the presence of God.
You still didn't answer the question.
Is God punishing people for all eternity immoral, or is God punishing people for all eternity moral?

You've still yet to prove any of this ridiculously non-Christian and non-Biblical CRAP you are producing.

I was providing an outrageous example - and you missed my point. It disgusts me that you have no problem with in-human treatment of people as punishment.
And yet, God did it to Sodom. Like it or not, the story is written in Scripture. Your view of God is not one based on Scripture, especially if you have to ignore these stories to further it.
Again: what do you consider God's treatment to Sodom to be?

Judges in family court decide on division of property and custody. No punishment is involved - and they are still called judges.
LOL, so death is no longer a corporal crime but a civil one? LOL!
"The wages of sin is DEATH".
The Bible you what the punishment is.

God will judge weather or not sin has been performed.
"For all have sinned".

Once again, God will determine what is best for the people kneeled before Him. I can only tell you the truth - I cannot make you like it or except it
Answer the question.

"Do you or do you not believe that God will deal his wrath and punishment out on those not in Christ?"