Who sins?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John say if we say we do not sin, we decieve ourselfs and the truth is not in us.

We ALL sin, Christian, nonchristian, everyone. The difference is that Christians know they have sinned, are ashamed and seek forgiveness from God.

This you know in your own life.

Windmillcharge:

The area I’m eluding to is what you have begun to say. Christians are very sensitive to sin. Their outlook of sin is quite different since they became reborn into the perfect spirit of Christ. I would have to say that even many non-Christians are ashamed of their sins and want a type of forgiveness as well. The difference is they have no spiritual relationship with Jesus. The believer was crucified and baptized with/in Christ and therefore his old self died to sin and death, permanently.

Sin has NO effect on a believer whereas sin has the power over a non-believer, to permanent spiritual death.

The spirit of Jesus pulls a believer away from sin and sin habits. In fact, believers do not make a lifestyle of sinning any more, whereas, the non-Christian usually does. And their sins mean death and the believers sins are not counted against God anymore and therefore can never produce spiritual separation or death anymore

Jesus cannot sin therefore we cannot sin. This is God’s view of us. He sees Jesus his son in us. We are made perfect because of Jesus.

We are now considered a part of Christ and he has covered all our sins, past present and future. So, when a Christian sins Jesus and his Father do not see the imperfect of sin within us.

To the world and the soulish part of us, we are considered sinners as a non-Christian. I for one don’t care about what the world thinks, I’m not a sinner in my ‘new’ person. I live a sinless life as far as God sees me.

If you are a believer and cannot understand these words I would examine your faith in your new life.

(Rom 4:8) Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not count sin.
(Rom 5:1) " Being therefore justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ; "
(Rom 6:1) " What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? "
(Rom 6:2) " God forbid! We who died to sin, how shall we any longer live in it? "
(Rom 6:3) Or are you ignorant of the fact that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death?
(Rom 6:4) " We were buried therefore with him through a baptism into his death, that like as Christ was raised up from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we also might walk in newness of life. "
(Rom 6:5) " For if we have become united with him in the likeness of his death, we shall also be in the likeness of his resurrection. "
(Rom 6:6) " Knowing this, that our old man was crucified with him, that the body of sin might be done away, that so we should no longer be in bondage to sin. "
(Rom 6:7) For he that has died is set free from sin.
(Rom 6:8) " But if we died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him. "
(Rom 6:9) " Knowing that Christ, being raised from the dead, dies no more. Death no more has dominion over him. "
(Rom 6:11) " Even so count yourselves to be dead to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus. "
(Rom 6:14) " For sin shall not have dominion over you- for you are not under law, but under grace. "
(1Jn 2:1) My little children, these things write I to you, so you may not sin. And if anyone sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.
(1Jn 3:6) Whoever abides in him does not keep on in sin. Whoever keeps on in sin has not seen him, nor truly knows him.
(1Jn 5:18) We know that whoever is begotten of God does not keep on in sin; but he that was begotten of God keeps himself, and the evil one touches him not. (ALL NEV)

If any person especially a believer quotes (Rom 3:23) " For all have sinned, and all fall short of the glory of God; ", without saying any more, ask he/she if there is more to say, more to the story!! They know the answer!!

No, I’m not a sinner as a non-believer. No believer should ever say or mean that our sins that are not seen or counted anymore, are the same as the counted sins of non-believer. If they did I would question their spiritual condition.

So, IN SPIRITUAL REALITY a BELIEVER DOES NOT SIN AS IT NEVER CAUSES SPIRTUAL DEATH!!!

Read the scripture I provided...

Bless you,

APAK

Reactions: Nancy

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No, I’m not a sinner as a non-believer. No believer should ever say or mean that our sins that are not seen or counted anymore, are the same as the counted sins of non-believer. If they did I would question their spiritual condition.

Yet we do sin and need to go back to God to ask for forgiveness. Yes they will not debarr us from heaven, but they will if not dealt with spoil our relationship with God.

We need to take our sin seriously, it is not a light thing.

Reactions: Nancy and APAK

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, we have the expressions” “chooses to be with God,” “believes in Jesus Christ,” “faithful in the spirit toward God” and similar ones that describe those that do not sin.

Does not Sin, applies to a NEW Creature, who is worthy to be Called "a" son of God.

Choose to be with God, believes in Jesus Christ, does not patently mean....they have Become a NEW Creature.

It is the ACT of ACTING upon ones Choice beyond their decision.

So, are unbelievers the only ones that call true believers 'sinners' because they do not understand the transformation of a believer’s heart in spirit toward Christ and thus God? Or do they also apply to some believers of little faith?

Everyone is naturally BORN IN SIN.
Everyone naturally COMMITS SIN.

The Lord Provides a WAY for the OLD natural man to BE forgiven his sins; his sins covered; his sins remembered no more; the Old to be passed away;

That Provision / Way Provides for a FORGIVENESSS of the sins of the Natural man, and Provides a NEW BIRTH, from the INCORRUPTIBLE SEED of God, that Births a man spirit, WiTHOUT SIN, FREED FROM SIN. A New spirit that CAN NOT SIN. A new spirit that CAN NEVER STAND AGAINST GOD.
2 Cor 5:17

As we should have learned Gods SEED, POWER, SPIRIT, WORD, IS God, and God IS HOLY, and what is OF GOD is HOLY, and WHat is OF God can not Stand against God.

Men who Claim they are Curcified Passed Away, and Converted AND still the same OLD natural man.... Corrupt the Word of God.

They CLAIM they CONTINUE BEING a Crucified Same Old man, COMMITTING SINS, NOT FREED.

Reborn....but not.

Reborn....but continuing to LIVE in their OLD flesh.

WHEN....a reborn man Lives IN Christ, whose Flesh was Already glorified, He lives IN Christ's Glorified Body.
Rom 12:5

He is no longer subject to SIN or the Consequences of SIN.
Rom 8:1
Rom 8:2

YET....men who claim "THEY are Born again", CONTINUE TO SIN.....and FUTHER are SO BOLD to make the SAME CLAIM FOR OTHERS, And CALL THEM liars, for disagreeing with them.

My Lord, My God is not flippant.
He OFFERS mankind a WAY to become forgiven and BORN AGAIN from His UNCORRUPTABLE Seed, and to continue their natural existance IN Christ Lord Jesus' Spirit and His Glorified Body...

God does not DRAG the unwilling to ACCEPT His Offer.

He OFFERS, and those that ACCEPT, I fully Believe The Lord IS FAITHFUL and accomplishes IN such man, exactly WHAT His Word teaches.

Men who CLAIM they HAVE Accepted His OFFER, then TEACH His Offer is "subject to THEIR caveats", is FALSE.

God Bless,
Taken

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes @Taken , as new creatures in spirit we are NOT sinners anymore. Scripture backs it up….

(Psa 75:10) (75:11) And I will break all the horns of sinners: but the horns of the just shall be exalted.
(Psa 119:155) Salvation is far from sinners; because they have not sought thy justifications.
(Pro 23:17) Let not thy heart envy sinners: but be thou in the fear of the Lord all the day long:
(Rom 5:8) But God commendeth his charity towards us: because when as yet we were sinners according to the time.
(1Ti 1:9) Knowing this: That the law is not made for the just man but for the unjust and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for the wicked and defiled,…..
(Jas 4:8) Draw nigh to God: and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners, and purify your hearts, ye double minded.(ALL DRB)

Bless you,

APAK

Reactions: Nancy and Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes @Taken , as new creatures in spirit we are NOT sinners anymore. Scripture backs it up….

(Psa 75:10) (75:11) And I will break all the horns of sinners: but the horns of the just shall be exalted.
(Psa 119:155) Salvation is far from sinners; because they have not sought thy justifications.
(Pro 23:17) Let not thy heart envy sinners: but be thou in the fear of the Lord all the day long:
(Rom 5:8) But God commendeth his charity towards us: because when as yet we were sinners according to the time.
(1Ti 1:9) Knowing this: That the law is not made for the just man but for the unjust and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for the wicked and defiled,…..
(Jas 4:8) Draw nigh to God: and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners, and purify your hearts, ye double minded.(ALL DRB)

Bless you,

APAK

Appreciate the scriptures you posted...spot on!

God Bless,
Taken

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unbelievers.

The only sin is unbelief, to reject Jesus Christ. Blasphemy.

Mark 3:28-29, Truly I tell you, people can be forgiven all their sins and every slander they utter, but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; they are guilty of an eternal sin.

The Holy Spirit always speaks of Jesus and to blaspheme the Holy Spirit is to reject the crucified and resurrected Jesus.

1 John 5:6, This is the one who came by water and blood—Jesus Christ. He did not come by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit who testifies, because the Spirit is the truth.

Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is refusing to love perfectly

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John say if we say we do not sin, we decieve ourselfs and the truth is not in us.

Actually John is speaking to a man WHO SAYS "he has no sin".

A man who believes he was born in sin, has repented of his sin to CHRIST the Lord, AND believes in his heart, IN Christ, AND willingly Gives His LIFE TO The Lord.....

IS not such a man, who claims, "he has no sin".

Further, John says OF A MAN who claims to have no sin, is the SAME man WITHOUT the Truth IN him.

Of course such a man has not the TRUTH IN HIM. THE TRUTH IS Jesus, the Word of God.
And the Word of God, THE TRUTH, "IS" in a man WHO has heartfully believed, Confessed his sins, Repented of his Sins, Become Converted, and HAS the Spirit of Chirst the Lord, ie THE TRUTH, IN him.

We ALL sin, Christian, nonchristian, everyone.

Yes that is TRUE.....
And ALSO what is TRUE; IS a CONVERTED MAN HAS been granted forgiveness, for having REJECTED Christ, AND has been GIVEN the INTERNAL LIGHT/POWER/SPIRIT of God, that COVERS his Sins.

It is the Lords Spirit that Covers a mans Darkness/SIN. It is the Lords Spirit/Light/Power that Keeps the man From Sinning. And WHY aside from John addressing MEN WITHOUT "the TRUTH" in them, he ALSO Addresses MEN "WITH" "the Seed of God IN THEM", being incapable OF Continuing to SIN. Kept FREE FROM SIN BY Gods Indwelling Power.

God Bless,
Taken

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@APAK
So then the question from the other direction: Who does not sin?

"For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin." Heb 4:15

But then Jesus was always perfect toward God. He never stumbled.

Are any of us perfect? Yes! But that is perhaps a different question than, Who is sinless?

Are any of us sinless? All of us have sinned, but are all of us necessarily continuing to sin in any measure? No, unless Jesus came for nothing and/or He is a liar!
Paul wrote:

"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." Rom 6:23

So then if after receiving the Life that Jesus is, can we sin again? I would say, yes, but when we do then have we not gone back into the death from which we came out? Have we then lost all hope? While as the following verses indicate it is not a good thing:

"For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame." Heb 6:4-6

It is not a completely hopeless situation that cannot be reversed:

"My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:" I John 2:1

So then who sins? Believers in God who have repented? Certainly at times, but they are not left hopeless unless... Unless what?

"There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." I Cor 10:13

To me those words mean God understanding our frailties even after we have become believers and have received the gift of the Holy Ghost does not and will not let us take on the final wages of sin [unending death] without an opportunity [or even more than one opportunity] to escape back into His waiting arms. Time and again we who have received Truth have stumbled and fallen and sinned, but God has accepted our renewed commitment and taken us back into His fold. If we, however, quit going back to Him; or we presume that we cannot go back so we don't try; or we presume that He will never stop forgiving us so we purposely return repeatedly to sin; the final result may be quite different,... no?

So then again, who sins? When is the sin we commit subject a final judgment under Rom 6:23?

We all have sinned and apparently those who have been "saved" also at times sin... but... Yes, but...

How many times can we sin? Or better asked perhaps, how many times can we sin after we have repented, received the Holy Ghost and surrendered ourselves to God?

How many times will God take us back to Him? I do have an answer to this last question, but I purposely leave it unanswered for other to consider it carefully...

Good post,

I would add that Can not sin is equivalent to May not sin...

But if we DO sin we have a merciful God who will forgive us if we confess our sin.

Peace!

Reactions: amadeus and aspen

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who sins?

(Rom 3:21) But now the righteousness of God has been manifested apart from the law, although the Law and the Prophets bear witness to it—
(Rom 3:22) the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all who believe. For there is no distinction:
(Rom 3:23) for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
(Rom 3:24) and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus,
(Rom 3:25) whom God put forward as a propitiation by his blood, to be received by faith. This was to show God's righteousness, because in his divine forbearance he had passed over former sins.

(1Jn 1:6) If we say we have fellowship with him while we walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth.
(1Jn 1:7) But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin.
(1Jn 1:8) If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
(1Jn 1:9) If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
(1Jn 1:10) If we say we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

(1Jn 3:4) Everyone who makes a practice of sinning also practices lawlessness; sin is lawlessness.

(1Jn 3:9) No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God's seed abides in him; and he cannot keep on sinning, because he has been born of God.

(1Jn 5:16) If anyone sees his brother committing a sin not leading to death, he shall ask, and God will give him life—to those who commit sins that do not lead to death. There is sin that leads to death; I do not say that one should pray for that.

Physical death or spiritual death?

(1Jn 5:17) All wrongdoing is sin, but there is sin that does not lead to death.
(1Jn 5:18) We know that everyone who has been born of God does not keep on sinning, but he who was born of God protects him, and the evil one does not touch him.
(1Jn 5:19) We know that we are from God, and the whole world lies in the power of the evil one.
(1Jn 5:20) And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true; and we are in him who is true, in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.
(1Jn 5:21) Little children, keep yourselves from idols. (ALL ESV)

Is there a difference the way God sees sin in different types of people?

If so, why and/ or how?

If not, then why not?

So, who sins?

What say you?

APAK
"Is there a difference the way God sees sin in different types of people?" ( is my inserting the quotations redundant?, lol)

He certainly will with the unbeliever, lol!
I believe all sin is equal in that it separates us from God, I've also come to believe that all sin has pride at it's root. Here's a little snippet from Billy Graham:

"In the New Testament Jesus said it would be more bearable on the day of judgment for Sodom than for Capernaum because of Capernaum’s unbelief and refusal to repent after witnessing His miracles (Matthew 11:23-24). The sins of Sodom were identified in Ezekiel 16:49-50 as arrogance, gluttony, indifference to the poor and needy, haughtiness, and “detestable things.”

When Jesus spoke of his second coming and judgment, he warned that among those deserving punishment some would “be beaten with many blows” and others “with few blows” (Luke 12:47-48).- (Is he speaking of unbelievers here?) He also reserved His most fierce denunciations for the pride and unbelief of the religious leaders, not the sexually immoral (Matthew 23:13-36)."
Either way, any sin, without Jesus sacrifice will separate us from Him.

"So, who sins?" IMO-we ALL do but...we are not ALL "sinners".
I don't know if this is germane to the OP but, God is no respecter of persons...
In His Name,
-nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And ( I believe) that falls right into the lap of Unbelievers and Believers!!

What some believers believe about Jesus ( or let say, do NOT believe) and about Father God's character and nature...is sin...because sin is "Missing the mark."
"Anything, which is not of faith, is sin. "

But, ......I will stop there. :)

"But, ......I will stop there. :)" Chicken :D

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Is there a difference the way God sees sin in different types of people?" ( is my inserting the quotations redundant?, lol)

He certainly will with the unbeliever, lol!
I believe all sin is equal in that it separates us from God, I've also come to believe that all sin has pride at it's root. Here's a little snippet from Billy Graham:

"In the New Testament Jesus said it would be more bearable on the day of judgment for Sodom than for Capernaum because of Capernaum’s unbelief and refusal to repent after witnessing His miracles (Matthew 11:23-24). The sins of Sodom were identified in Ezekiel 16:49-50 as arrogance, gluttony, indifference to the poor and needy, haughtiness, and “detestable things.”

When Jesus spoke of his second coming and judgment, he warned that among those deserving punishment some would “be beaten with many blows” and others “with few blows” (Luke 12:47-48).- (Is he speaking of unbelievers here?) He also reserved His most fierce denunciations for the pride and unbelief of the religious leaders, not the sexually immoral (Matthew 23:13-36)."
Either way, any sin, without Jesus sacrifice will separate us from Him.

"So, who sins?" IMO-we ALL do but...we are not ALL "sinners".
I don't know if this is germane to the OP but, God is no respecter of persons...
In His Name,
-nancy
Nancy, nice post..

God looks at the condition of our hearts – applies to believers and unbelievers.

Luke 12:46 is about unbelievers. Cutting someone into pieces kills =: lethal =: death =: no salvation =: damnation
(Luk 12:46) the master of that servant shall come in a day when he does not expect, and at an hour he does not know, and shall cut him into pieces and put him with the unbelievers. (NEV)

Luke 12 :47-48 speaks to believers. Being beaten causing stripes =: harm =: causes temporary loss or even disfigurement =: can mean losses from some type of discipline. It do not kill the spirit or means of salvation. The number of stripes equate to the severity of the infraction that God determines based on the heart’s state.

(Luk 12:47) And that servant, who knew his master's will and did not prepare or did not do according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.
(Luk 12:48) But he that did not know and did things worthy of stripes, he shall be beaten with few stripes. And to whom much is given, of him shall much be required, and to whom people commit much, of him will they ask the more. (NEV)

Many religious folks (organizations and individuals) still make their own rules of punishment or penance for what they determine as sin and determine grades of sins as if they are under law. They work without the spirit of God as the spirit only knows a person’s heart and if sin was committed and then to what severity.

Bless you,

APAK
PS Peter asked Christ if 'these' parables were meant for them....'this one' was addressed for both unbelievers and believers

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nancy, nice post..

God looks at the condition of our hearts – applies to believers and unbelievers.

Luke 12:46 is about unbelievers. Cutting someone into pieces kills =: lethal =: death =: no salvation =: damnation
(Luk 12:46) the master of that servant shall come in a day when he does not expect, and at an hour he does not know, and shall cut him into pieces and put him with the unbelievers. (NEV)

Luke 12 :47-48 speaks to believers. Being beaten causing stripes =: harm =: causes temporary loss or even disfigurement =: can mean losses from some type of discipline. It do not kill the spirit or means of salvation. The number of stripes equate to the severity of the infraction that God determines based on the heart’s state.

(Luk 12:47) And that servant, who knew his master's will and did not prepare or did not do according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.
(Luk 12:48) But he that did not know and did things worthy of stripes, he shall be beaten with few stripes. And to whom much is given, of him shall much be required, and to whom people commit much, of him will they ask the more. (NEV)

Many religious folks (organizations and individuals) still make their own rules of punishment or penance for what they determine as sin and determine grades of sins as if they are under law. They work without the spirit of God as the spirit only knows a person’s heart and if sin was committed and then to what severity.

Bless you,

APAK
PS Peter asked Christ if 'these' parables were meant for them....'this one' was addressed for both unbelievers and believers

Thank you APAK...much food for thought here...never really understood these verses. Hard to understand a believer being punished for any transgression/disobedience though. Maybe made a vessel unto dishonor I thought. I will most surly read this portion closer....
In Him always!
-nancy

Reactions: APAK

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you APAK...much food for thought here...never really understood these verses. Hard to understand a believer being punished for any transgression/disobedience though. Maybe made a vessel unto dishonor I thought. I will most surly read this portion closer....
In Him always!
-nancy

This 'punishment' is not as on a human physical level that affected the physical body;
there is no skin broken or blood shed. It is f
or mental and spiritual discipline......spiritual losses... This time frame for this punishment is when we are resurrected to a new immortal body. Everyone's inner self and heart will be examined by Christ at his judgement seat for believers. I believe there will be rankings/ or ratings for believers in the Kingdom of God.

Bless you,

APAK

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
70 X 7 he told the disciples indicating infinity. Once He told me as long as there is a truly repentant heart there is forgiveness but He is the final judge as we see;

Hebrews 6:7-8 KJVS
For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God: [8] But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned.

There is no set law like number. I want to stay away from hat side of the Lord amen. I've see His correction, but I hasyjsement and even scouring.

Knowing the TERROR of the Lord we persuade men.

I'll not relate now but I've seen God's judgement fall upon some that flaunted His grace. It is a truly fearful thing.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
...but...

. . . . ~ Annie Johnson Flint's

He giveth more grace when the burdens grow greater,
He sendeth more strength when the labors increase,
To added affliction He addeth His mercy,
To multiplied trials, His multiplied peace.

His love has no limit, His grace has no measure,
His power no boundary known unto men,
For out of His infinite riches in Jesus,
He giveth and giveth and giveth again.

When we have exhausted our store of endurance,
When our strength has failed ere the day is half-done,
When we reach the end of our hoarded resources,
Our Father’s full giving is only begun.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nancy, nice post..

Bless you,

APAK

"(Luke 12:46) the master of that servant shall come in a day when he does not expect, and at an hour he does not know, and shall cut him into pieces and put him with the unbelievers. (NEV)"
This 'punishment' is not as on a human physical level that affected the physical body;
there is no skin broken or blood shed. It is f
or mental and spiritual discipline......spiritual losses... This time frame for this punishment is when we are resurrected to a new immortal body. Everyone's inner self and heart will be examined by Christ at his judgement seat for believers. I believe there will be rankings/ or ratings for believers in the Kingdom of God.

Bless you,

APAK

Another good post ;)
I too believe there will be rankings in The Kingdom, and tears at The Judgement seat of Christ too...for loss of Spiritual rewards (not loss of salvation). I also believe God does have His favorites, NOT pertaining to salvation but to how much Love and obedience a man/woman has for Him. Kind of like David's heart!

Look at the 7 churches in Revelation, esp. the end of the Chapters. I know there are way more than just these rewards listed here. But, they are pretty specific.
Rev. 2:7 "7 “He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes I will give to eat from the tree of life, which is in the midst of the Paradise of God.”
REV. 2:11 “He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. He who overcomes shall not be hurt by the second death.
REV. 2:17 “He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes I will give some of the hidden manna to eat. And I will give him a white stone, and on the stone a new name written which no one knows except him who receives it.”
REV: 2:25-28
25 But hold fast what you have till I come. 26 And he who overcomes, and keeps My works until the end, to him I will give power over the nations—
27 ‘He shall rule them with a rod of iron;
They shall be dashed to pieces like the potter’s vessels’—
as I also have received from My Father; 28 and I will give him the morning star.
REV.3:5 He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the Book of Life; but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels.
REV. 3:12 He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall go out no more. I will write on him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God, the New Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God. And I will write on him My new name.
REV. 3:21 21 To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.

In Him,
-nancy

Reactions: Helen

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Actually John is speaking to a man WHO SAYS "he has no sin".
Sorry you need to read what John wrote in 1John1 and to your shame you will see that I quoted John acuratly.
It say ' If WE claim to be without sin.'
It is not addressed to a single person but to the whole Christian community.
It is serious, if WE say we do not sin, not only are we sinning by lying, but we are calling God a liar. Think the implication through.

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry you need to read what John wrote in 1John1 and to your shame you will see that I quoted John acuratly.
It say ' If WE claim to be without sin.'
It is not addressed to a single person but to the whole Christian community.
It is serious, if WE say we do not sin, not only are we sinning by lying, but we are calling God a liar. Think the implication through.

The CLAIM...."without sin".
The CLaim...."have no sin"

IS there a Difference in those claims?

Really? That verse IS specifically TO the Christian Community?

Perhaps you could define "the whole Christian Community".

God Bless,
Taken

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The CLAIM...."without sin".
The CLaim...."have no sin"

IS there a Difference in those claims?

Really? That verse IS specifically TO the Christian Community?

Perhaps you could define "the whole Christian Community".

God Bless,
Taken
To be without= not to have something
have no xxx = not to have something

As far as I'm concerned the 'Christian community' is all those who are trusting in Jesus for there salvation.

Reactions: GodsGrace and Helen