Who was Job's accuser?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
ah, well the Q was "Where does it say anything about the Spirit giving us understanding of the written Bible ?" so you have a diff question here, i guess. And it is unclear to me, who is anal about words; i dunno about "have to" there, i don't see God telling anyone, anywhere, that they "have to" do anything #1, and #2 the OT strikes me as a record of the failure of the law, iow adhere to the OT all you like--i do--but that is not sufficient. Neither is believing that Jesus came so we could ignore the law though, either imo.
Oh well, we each have a journey with Him and that seems to cause some conflict among the religious, who don't seem to know about the purchased freedom Christ gave us..

Reactions: Helen

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
ha well now that i have said that, i will say that an essential component might be missing there, that being other people. Of course we can witness this "desert island" effect being practiced by many people nowadays; just get everyone out of your life, and then following Jesus is easy, right? lol
it certainly can't make it worse lol

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
believers, unbelievers, these are distinctions made up by church people, so that they may commend themselves to each other, imo;
satan is a believer, too!

Little children, let no one deceive you! The one who does what is right is righteous, just as He is righteous.
So how many do you know who ONLY does what's right 100% of the time?...I sure don't know anyone like that, nor have I met any..To me doing what is right, is to cling to Jesus all the time...

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No, He is ACTUALLY real, whether people have faith in that or not, makes no difference to Him...He is the risen Christ, alive and very well indeed, and that's all I need to know...
Amen

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, He is ACTUALLY real, whether people have faith in that or not, makes no difference to Him...He is the risen Christ, alive and very well indeed, and that's all I need to know...

Faith makes no difference to God?
But faith does make a difference. Should I post the Scriptures that teach you can't be saved apart from faith in the Lord Jesus?
You and mjrhealth are teaching and proclaiming another Jesus.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
But faith does make a difference. Should I post the Scriptures that teach you can't be saved apart from faith in the Lord Jesus?
You a crazy man,

Heb_11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Yes we do preach a different Jesus, the living Word , returned to the father unto all things have being given by the father, the light of the world who came yet the world perceived Him not, Him who gives His garment of righteousness to all who believe so that they as children of God can today stand before their father, God our creator who sees them through the righteousness of His son, and who have earned the right through Jesus to be called children of God.

Yes He is not the same condemning one whom you preach.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Oh well, we each have a journey with Him and that seems to cause some conflict among the religious, who don't seem to know about the purchased freedom Christ gave us..
freedom, yes, but it comes at a personal cost, "Count the cost" is not an empty statement. Freedom in slavery, to a better ideal. Paul goes into it. Picking up one's cross and following is not just something that automatically happens.

Confessing with your mouth that Jesus Christ is Lord will not avail...no wait, "save" you.

I think i worded that right. Now, that is in Scripture, that this will save you, but that is of course not the whole story; it's just the part people want to hear, so they disregard the other part, which is stated many ways, many different times.

Most ppl really have no interest in this journey you speak of, see, regardless of what comes out of their mouths. Jesus is their Golden Ticket out of hell, period. This is why OSAS was developed, to reassure the lost

Reactions: pia and amadeus

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
it certainly can't make it worse lol
ostensibly, but then if you never fall in love you never get hurt, too.Ha which i guess makes no sense, so i'll say yes, it prolly can make it hell, in a sense, it just is hard to see why i guess. Abel's acceptable "sacrifice" is that he was a shepherd; not that he brought an animal to kill and put on an altar to God. i guess i'm just making this worse lol huh. If one has or takes no opportunities to serve others, then they are already dead, in a sense.

Reactions: pia

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
So how many do you know who ONLY does what's right 100% of the time?
this is a bad frame, to me, because i do not care if a good-hearted neighbor accidentally spills some milk on my whatever while engaged in some selfless pursuit, and i am going to do my best to radiate forgiveness even to someone who throws their milk at me so that i'll maybe slip and fall and they can take the lead or whatever, just to heap burning coals on their heads.

So it isn't about being perfectionist, as it is so often framed, but about forgiveness and overlooking a matter. Naturally i am going to avoid you in future if you threw your milk at me, no matter how much i forgave you, right.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I sure don't know anyone like that, nor have I met any
so you say, but you haven't had a complaint in years lol--i've had like 3 complaints today! Not really, but i don't think it's been anything like years. Anyway, of course you will never find one, because ppl are ppl, and the point is being missed there, which is "Forgive and you will be forgiven," and "You only get what you give away." Not "attempt to achieve a state in which no sin is ever present." Even if that seems like the plan, it is a chimera, because "sin" is subjective, for one thing, right. Where sin abounds is the only place that grace can abound the more, see.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
To me doing what is right, is to cling to Jesus all the time...
thing is, that sounds noble and good, but practically speaking it has no meaning. It means what one wants it to mean. Not saying that that is bad, understand, just that it conveys no information. Hitler openly professed Christ too.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
well, wouldn't hurt to know that that makes you an enemy in the eyes of many that you might consider friends; not that you are called to be treating enemies differently anyway, but it is good to understand what the consequences of that will be. You happen to share a common lexicon with the religious, and this can lead to misunderstandings.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
As far as I recall, The Bible says that it is impossible to PLEASE God without faith...surely no matter how much faith we can muster, without what Jesus did for us, there would be no such thing as us being able to be saved ?

Reactions: Helen and amadeus

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
this is a bad frame, to me, because i do not care if a good-hearted neighbor accidentally spills some milk on my whatever while engaged in some selfless pursuit, and i am going to do my best to radiate forgiveness even to someone who throws their milk at me so that i'll maybe slip and fall and they can take the lead or whatever, just to heap burning coals on their heads.

So it isn't about being perfectionist, as it is so often framed, but about forgiveness and overlooking a matter. Naturally i am going to avoid you in future if you threw your milk at me, no matter how much i forgave you, right.
I agree, for us forgiveness is a huge issue, which I think we should share with others, when the Lord leads the way for us to do so...I see the biggest problem being that people are trying to be perfected in the flesh instead of accepting the perfection of our Savior, ignoring our flesh ( since it's essentially dead flesh walking ) and then go about being taught by Him/the Holy Spirit in what He deems important, not what we think is important...He has a much higher way than us, and I for one would dearly love to learn His way, instead of my way, which He already showed me was wrong... Praise His Holy name...I am forever grateful that He showed me that my entire family was wrong about Him... Not one of them believed in Him..

Reactions: Helen and amadeus

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
so you say, but you haven't had a complaint in years lol--i've had like 3 complaints today! Not really, but i don't think it's been anything like years. Anyway, of course you will never find one, because ppl are ppl, and the point is being missed there, which is "Forgive and you will be forgiven," and "You only get what you give away." Not "attempt to achieve a state in which no sin is ever present." Even if that seems like the plan, it is a chimera, because "sin" is subjective, for one thing, right. Where sin abounds is the only place that grace can abound the more, see.
Sorry, now I just realized what you actually meant, so yeah people against me on this forum many many times...I had only been thinking of the people I went to 'church' with...Apologies my friend..

Reactions: Helen

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
but practically speaking it has no meaning
Sorry have to differ with you on this one as He most certainly is very practical, in more ways than one, and once you know that He is a real being, who is able to be here right with us, that makes it a whole other ballgame.....

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
well, wouldn't hurt to know that that makes you an enemy in the eyes of many that you might consider friends; not that you are called to be treating enemies differently anyway, but it is good to understand what the consequences of that will be. You happen to share a common lexicon with the religious, and this can lead to misunderstandings.
Tell me about it lol

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Sorry have to differ with you on this one as He most certainly is very practical, in more ways than one, and once you know that He is a real being, who is able to be here right with us, that makes it a whole other ballgame.....
ah, my meaning was the "cling to" part, what does that mean? It means something to you, but something different to someone else iow.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
ah, my meaning was the "cling to" part, what does that mean? It means something to you, but something different to someone else iow.
I'm sure you are right...Even among people, different friends ( even within a group) have different relationships with each person.......Now He is the same at all times, but we are all different, so of course it stands to reason that our relationships with Him will also have some differences.....I mean clinging to Him, as if He is my superhero, my champion, my protector, my amazing big brother and so on.....I have to constantly keep it in my heart and mind, that He is there for me always, as indeed He is to anyone else...

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
He is my superhero, my champion, my protector, my amazing big brother and so on.....I have to constantly keep it in my heart and mind, that He is there for me always, as indeed He is to anyone else...

And there's that faith that I find so beautiful.

Reactions: Helen and pia