Who was Job's accuser?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am going by what he has said. Your scenario doesn't work. The tribe you speak of doesn't have a Bible or written language. He does. And he does not consider it the written Word of God. He does not see it as having authority for the Christian. Yet he always quotes and uses it.

It is not that he cannot read it. He rejects it.

Stranger
Way to deflect and not give me an actual answer to my question...I have personally known 'mjr' for more than 15 years, and I am telling you that you have got him wrong...he may not be university level articulate, but surely it's not that difficult to understand that he places God above the Bible, as do I...a lot of people put God a clear 2nd. behind what men wrote, inspired or not...why are people who say they believe in Him so resistant in actually having a true relationship with Him? That to me is a kind of insanity, surely ? The true Word is ALIVE and powerful, the Bible ( the N.T.) is a compilation of written letters, which was chosen by the council of Nicene ( not 100% sure that's spelled right, but I'm sure you know ) in 300'odd AD, and put together a book...there were originally either 22 or 24 Gospels, which they whittled down to the four we now know.
So His Word is alive, but as Paul himself wrote, the written letter killeth ( if that is ALL people go by ) and all these arguments do not serve the Living God at all...He is not dead and it's not His obituary we are reading...He is alive and thanks to Jesus, approachable for any man who will come to HIM...Seems most Christians just don't have the desire to get to know Him that way, and to me that is just pitiful...Anyway I guess this is one of those things people will just have to find out about later on, instead of taking advantage of it now, while we are still here..

Reactions: amadeus

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Understand, I recognize the importance of the Spirit of Christ in us to give us understanding in the written Word of God
Where does it say anything about the Spirit giving us understanding of the written Bible ? The spirit was to teach us about the Living God and to help us to know what Jesus Himself spoke to people.....If He had meant for us to go by various written accounts instead of what He has to SAY, He would have told us so, because of all the confusion it has brought. He would not have let that slide, for sure....I am not saying what you wrote I say about the Bible, He did....He said it was a combination of "Words from God to man....words from man to God and words about God by man.".....That settled it for me, and the more years pass the more I can see that is the absolute truth...The Holy Spirit is able to help us know the difference between those three.... You call it dangerous ??? What , as opposed to the way various religions have gone about torturing and murdering 100's of thousands of people over the centuries, because they would not go along with whatever the priests told them to believe ?....Good one !!!!!

Reactions: bbyrd009

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
hmm, "tongues" happened to you? Quite interesting! I'd love to hear the story! Somehow i just didn't picture you doing that--assuming we are even talking about the same thing?
As I said I laughed when I first heard the few people of our little fellowship doing it, and I didn't believe it....But then one night during our praise time, I suddenly started speaking this language i have no idea where came from, and when I was done ( after a few minutes) I purposely tried to copy the sounds my mouth had been making, and I couldn't....Many years later I saw a documentary on the Watusi people in Africa, and that is the closest I have heard, to the language that came out of my mouth that night, full of odd sounds and clicks.
Another time was when my VERY atheist dad came to me to ask if 'my' Jesus could help him. Dad had been a butcher all his life and his right shoulder was shot, and dad didn't want to get another injection into the joint, as he said it hurt for a long time..He could barely lift his arm at the time....Me being very young in the Lord at the time, was 100% sure that the Lord would help, and He sure did...While I was praying with my hands on my dads upper body, suddenly I again went into speaking in some other language, and according to my dad, when I did that, the heat that came from my hands was immense....It wasn't a very long prayer, but after, my dad couldn't sit down, he kept pacing around my lounge room rotating his right arm all the way around, over and over, occasionally looking over at me and shaking his head in disbelief, but he was fine.
I then told my dad that I thought it would be a good idea if he submitted to the reality of the Lord Jesus and received Him into his life, and dad immediately got down on his knees and agreed....it amazed me so much because my dad had NEVER wanted one word discussed about such things in his house, the same went for the rest of my family.
Sorry that got longer than I had intended, but it seemed necessary because my dad told me, that it was when I was speaking like that, that things really happened in his body...
Haven't done it in the longest time now, and I do believe that some people 'fake' it...One man I knew called it tongues, but all he ever said was like this :" ha ha ha, boom boom, hahha boom boom " over and over...I did not accept that as actual tongues lol...

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
-i just don't go looking for Christ in religious people
yeah it's sad isn't it? I think you have misunderstood. We can show people that a lot of things about Christ was prophesied in the O.T. and we can show them what's been written about Him by ( we assume ) those who were there, but to get them to actually seek the living risen Christ, well that's another matter entirely , as even a lot of those who call themselves Christians, resist it tooth and nail, that He is alive and with us to this day...Why do they think that He is only interested in re-hashing what's gone before?.....As far as 'evil' is concerned, it's not such a mystery to me, as He showed me it is just that which is void of God, void of Love....

Reactions: amadeus

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you where God would you want christians to put gods before you as they do, now you are just getting argumentative, do you have a problem with going to God, or Jesus, do you have an issue with trusting teh Holy Spirit to lead you into teh truth, seems far to many christians do,

All you want is a argument over the bible, why dont you take things to God, trust Him, or are you one of them who has position in church and afraid to loose it if christians did what Jesus asked and followed after Him instead of men.

You made the statement that people were saved thousands of years without the Bible. So, again I ask you, how?

And again, is the statement you gave, "I shall have no other God's before me" yours or God's?

What I have a problem with is your hypocrisy. I have a problem with your phony method of interpretation.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Way to deflect and not give me an actual answer to my question...I have personally known 'mjr' for more than 15 years, and I am telling you that you have got him wrong...he may not be university level articulate, but surely it's not that difficult to understand that he places God above the Bible, as do I...a lot of people put God a clear 2nd. behind what men wrote, inspired or not...why are people who say they believe in Him so resistant in actually having a true relationship with Him? That to me is a kind of insanity, surely ? The true Word is ALIVE and powerful, the Bible ( the N.T.) is a compilation of written letters, which was chosen by the council of Nicene ( not 100% sure that's spelled right, but I'm sure you know ) in 300'odd AD, and put together a book...there were originally either 22 or 24 Gospels, which they whittled down to the four we now know.
So His Word is alive, but as Paul himself wrote, the written letter killeth ( if that is ALL people go by ) and all these arguments do not serve the Living God at all...He is not dead and it's not His obituary we are reading...He is alive and thanks to Jesus, approachable for any man who will come to HIM...Seems most Christians just don't have the desire to get to know Him that way, and to me that is just pitiful...Anyway I guess this is one of those things people will just have to find out about later on, instead of taking advantage of it now, while we are still here..

It was not a deflection, it was an answer. Your scenario, your comparison, did not work. Thus how could I give an answer other than what I did.

The Bible contains the Old Testament and the New Testament. The only gospels in the Bible are the four we have.

Stranger

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You made the statement that people were saved thousands of years without the Bible. So, again I ask you, how?

And again, is the statement you gave, "I shall have no other God's before me" yours or God's?

What I have a problem with is your hypocrisy. I have a problem with your phony method of interpretation.

Stranger
The bible has saved no one, it cannot, it does not have the power to save anyone, the disciples spoke by the spirit, after Christ left they walked in the Spirit, what do you think Pentecost was all about. God never promised us a book He promised us His spirit is that pathetic carnal mind wont have to try prove how smart it was and corrupt everything which is all christians do when they get there hands on that book, that bible, what teh heck do you think christans are arguing over on this and every other so called christians forum, teh bible.

Mar_9:34 But they held their peace: for by the way they had disputed among themselves, who should be the greatest.

Its all christians do, prefer the dead the written gospel to teh Living word Jesus Christ, and seem to find ever reason under the sun not to go to Him.

Mat 11:15 He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.
Mat 11:16 But whereunto shall I liken this generation? It is like unto children sitting in the markets, and calling unto their fellows,
Mat 11:17 And saying, We have piped unto you, and ye have not danced; we have mourned unto you, and ye have not lamented.
Mat 11:18 For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, He hath a devil.
Mat 11:19 The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners. But wisdom is justified of her children.

but still the people are not listening

Rev_3:13 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Ears to hear, carnal ones cannot hear.

PS. i dont interpret anything, i do not study the bible I have no cause to, we have a God quiet able to teach those willing to listen, just very few are willing. If it takes Him 10 years to answer a question so be it, ill still ask. Patients you learn it with Him.

Last edited:

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where does it say anything about the Spirit giving us understanding of the written Bible ? The spirit was to teach us about the Living God and to help us to know what Jesus Himself spoke to people.....If He had meant for us to go by various written accounts instead of what He has to SAY, He would have told us so, because of all the confusion it has brought. He would not have let that slide, for sure....I am not saying what you wrote I say about the Bible, He did....He said it was a combination of "Words from God to man....words from man to God and words about God by man.".....That settled it for me, and the more years pass the more I can see that is the absolute truth...The Holy Spirit is able to help us know the difference between those three.... You call it dangerous ??? What , as opposed to the way various religions have gone about torturing and murdering 100's of thousands of people over the centuries, because they would not go along with whatever the priests told them to believe ?....Good one !!!!!

Gee. When you want to disagree with me you say, "Where does it say...?" Why? You say the written Word of God is not what He has to say. If I show you where, you will just say that is not the Word of God and 'Jesus' has told you differently.

Do you not see the danger of such a belief? The written Word of God, the Bible, cannot serve as a check upon false doctrines or spirits. Because if it goes against what you have been told by 'Jesus' then you reject it.

How about this? Jesus has spoken to me and told me that you are incorrect in your understanding of God. He told me you have neglected His Word and counted it a mere work of man and He is not pleased with it. That is what He told me. What did He tell you?

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The bible has saved no one, it cannot, it does not have the power to save anyone, the disciples spoke by the spirit, after Christ left they walked in the Spirit, what do you think Pentecost was all about. God never promised us a book He promised us His spirit is that pathetic carnal mind wont have to try prove how smart it was and corrupt everything which is all christians do when they get there hands on that book, that bible, what teh heck do you think christans are arguing over on this and every other so called christians forum, teh bible.

Mar_9:34 But they held their peace: for by the way they had disputed among themselves, who should be the greatest.

Its all christians do, prefer the dead the written gospel to teh Living word Jesus Christ, and seem to find ever reason under the sun not to go to Him.

Mat 11:15 He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.
Mat 11:16 But whereunto shall I liken this generation? It is like unto children sitting in the markets, and calling unto their fellows,
Mat 11:17 And saying, We have piped unto you, and ye have not danced; we have mourned unto you, and ye have not lamented.
Mat 11:18 For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, He hath a devil.
Mat 11:19 The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners. But wisdom is justified of her children.

but still the people are not listening

Rev_3:13 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Ears to hear, carnal ones cannot hear.

PS. i dont interpret anything, i do not study the bible I have no cause to, we have a God quiet able to teach those willing to listen, just very few are willing. If it takes Him 10 years to answer a question so be it, ill still ask. Patients you learn it with Him.

Nice speech. But again you didn't answer my questions.

How did God save thousands of people before without the Bible?

And is the statement, "I shall have no other God's before me" yours or God's?

And, are those Scriptures you gave from God or man?

Yes, it is evident you don't study.

Stranger

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Gee. When you want to disagree with me you say, "Where does it say...?" Why? You say the written Word of God is not what He has to say. If I show you where, you will just say that is not the Word of God and 'Jesus' has told you differently.

Do you not see the danger of such a belief? The written Word of God, the Bible, cannot serve as a check upon false doctrines or spirits. Because if it goes against what you have been told by 'Jesus' then you reject it.

How about this? Jesus has spoken to me and told me that you are incorrect in your understanding of God. He told me you have neglected His Word and counted it a mere work of man and He is not pleased with it. That is what He told me. What did He tell you?

Stranger
Believe what you wish, and there are only a couple of things I have shared about what He said anyway, so whatever mate.. Happy trails

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
o you not see the danger of such a belief? The written Word of God, the Bible, cannot serve as a check upon false doctrines or spirits. Because if it goes against what you have been told by 'Jesus' then you reject it.
And yet you will reject the truth when revealed by Jesus because it doesnt agree with the bible, teh bible is not God and God doesnt not by any means have to agree with it, If He did than the bible would be God. and for many christians it is. Teh bible should agree with God, not teh other way round, dont you get it....

And no Jesus never told you anything your sarcasm is making a fool out of you and slapping Jesus in teh face. Why are you afraid of Him, why are you afraid of being taught buy teh spirit, it that " oh ye of little faith:. Just liekj so many christians. leaning on there won understanding. You know why Jesus used teh empty jars prepared for God to fill with water to change into wine?? BHecaue
1. They where prepared for Gods use
2. They where empty and therefore could be filled.

But when christians come to Him, the yare filled with.
1. There own wisdom
2. There own understanding
3. Religion
4. Studying
5. doing
6. Self

and for Him to be able to prepare them they must first be emptied, willingly, but so few are willing

That is why he choose teh base , foolish things of teh world they are already empty.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How did God save thousands of people before without the Bible?
Well its like this, He just did, is your God so tiny, He cant save anyone, all you want is justification for proving your worth by study, and the truth his not a part of that, just argument, which is all you seek.

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It brings me to tears every time someone here on the forum call it blasphemy, when I pass on what He told me, but thankfully that can be forgiven too...How can you say such a silly thing, that we worship a different God..there is ONLY one true God and His risen Son Jesus, who sent us His very own Holy Spirit to teach us.
Have you even read the things I have passed on about how it occurred and what He had to say ? Doesn't seem so to me, as for the most part the things He said, ended up being in the Bible ( not all ) when I finally got one....But He spoke it in language which was easy for me to understand as I had zero scriptural foundation, so thankfully what He told me ended up being my foundation...He also said that not many will come to Him directly, which made me so sad at the time, because He is such a beautiful loving being ( not talking about looks here )...
But as I have also said many times....there is no way I can make Jesus real for anyone else, but He can! For anyone who wants to have that relationship with Him...but go right ahead and keep developing your relationship ( if you can call it that ) with your Bible, since that seems to be all you and a lot of others here on the forum want.......It's certainly no skin off my nose....It's not that I don't care, it's just that I know after all these years that there is no way to get someone else to seek Him that way, unless they themselves want it....

Thanks for your reply.
In post #76 you were responding to a quote from Isaiah, you said: "Nothing can make me believe this, because that is not what Jesus has taught me. This to me is just another example of what men thought about God. The fact that they wrote it down as if it's God speaking is totally blasphemes, in my opinion."

The reason I said blasphemy is because you think what Isaiah said is blasphemy. I don't believe Isaiah spoke wrongly about God; I think you are doing that, when you reject parts of the Scriptures. But, you say your Jesus told you those things. I simply choose the words of the Bible over the words of the Jesus you meet with. The Word of God is written in the Bible. So, I worship a different Jesus than you do.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believe what you wish, and there are only a couple of things I have shared about what He said anyway, so whatever mate.. Happy trails

See, your method of interpretation is flawed. Indeed, believe what you wish.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And yet you will reject the truth when revealed by Jesus because it doesnt agree with the bible, teh bible is not God and God doesnt not by any means have to agree with it, If He did than the bible would be God. and for many christians it is. Teh bible should agree with God, not teh other way round, dont you get it....

And no Jesus never told you anything your sarcasm is making a fool out of you and slapping Jesus in teh face. Why are you afraid of Him, why are you afraid of being taught buy teh spirit, it that " oh ye of little faith:. Just liekj so many christians. leaning on there won understanding. You know why Jesus used teh empty jars prepared for God to fill with water to change into wine?? BHecaue
1. They where prepared for Gods use
2. They where empty and therefore could be filled.

But when christians come to Him, the yare filled with.
1. There own wisdom
2. There own understanding
3. Religion
4. Studying
5. doing
6. Self

and for Him to be able to prepare them they must first be emptied, willingly, but so few are willing

That is why he choose teh base , foolish things of teh world they are already empty.

What truth do I reject which is revealed by Jesus?

And how do you know that Jesus never told me anything? Because it disagrees with what He told you?

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well its like this, He just did, is your God so tiny, He cant save anyone, all you want is justification for proving your worth by study, and the truth his not a part of that, just argument, which is all you seek.

See how impotent your doctrine, your belief is. You can't answer simple questions. If you don't know how He did it, then how can you tell me that the Bible was not used? You alone, and those who believe like you are your own authority. It is what Jesus told you. And if one disagrees then they must be wrong. As I said, unhealthy and dangerous.

Stranger

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Why do they think that He is only interested in re-hashing what's gone before?
a big part of the strategy imo is to get Christ out of today, the herenow, however possible. Christ yesterday, Christ tomorrow, all those are fine. Christ inside a "church," an hour a week, reduced to religious observance, same thing, no problem.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Sorry I need you to explain to me what 'ty' means...I'm so sorry but I'm terrible at figuring those things out lol
well, you can just highlight/search google now, if you are in chrome it is one click even, but ty = "thank you" :)

HGqb9pD.jpg

Last edited: