Who was Job's accuser?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
there is also a lesson in here on Speaking in Tongues...but it hasn't come through yet lol
something about hearing first
I actually laughed at that, the first time I heard it ( in the first fellowship I joined ), but then it happened to me, so I had to eat humble pie. It was amazing..

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am saying you have an unhealthy view of the Bible.
Sad thing is those who read teh bible have a really unhealthy view of God. The bible has its place. it is not God it did not replace the Holy Spirit, and if it is all you rely upon it is all you will ever know.

2Ti 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
2Ti 3:6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
2Ti 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

And what was it Jesus said

Joh_14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me

No one come to God by the bible, no one. The truth is in Jesus, but so few find Him.

Reactions: bbyrd009 and pia

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
all i can say is that God is not being diminished
Well surely there is no way to actually diminish God, but it's not for the lack of trying on peoples part..Watch some peoples veins pop out of their necks, if you try to tell them that Jesus is a real being, not just in heaven. It's hilarious and heart breaking all at the same time..

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sad thing is those who read teh bible have a really unhealthy view of God. The bible has its place. it is not God it did not replace the Holy Spirit, and if it is all you rely upon it is all you will ever know.

2Ti 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
2Ti 3:6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
2Ti 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

And what was it Jesus said

Joh_14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me

No one come to God by the bible, no one. The truth is in Jesus, but so few find Him.

Why do you quote the Bible hypocritically when you don't believe the Bible has any authority? As I said before, you are an 'oxy--moron'.

You say you did not come to God by the Bible. Really? How did you come?

Stranger

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am saying you have an unhealthy view of the Bible.

Stranger
Yes but from my perspective you're saying that about Jesus too, as He was the one who explained the Bible to me...I love my Bible, but I will not take it as written in stone...I will however always seek Him for the answers, and at times that can take quite a while, as there may be things He needs me to understand first.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes but from my perspective you're saying that about Jesus too, as He was the one who explained the Bible to me...I love my Bible, but I will not take it as written in stone...I will however always seek Him for the answers, and at times that can take quite a while, as there may be things He needs me to understand first.

How am I saying that about Jesus? Are you saying the Jesus you speak to contradicts the Bible?

Stranger

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Why do you quote the Bible hypocritically when you don't believe the Bible has any authority? As I said before, you are an 'oxy--moron'.

Stranger
If you don't believe that He is able to reach people without Bibles, you are making Him out to be very small indeed, and that's just not right...What would you do if you went to a tribe somewhere, where they don't have a written language? Would you wash your hands of those people and say :" Oh well, too bad, God can do nothing here because they cannot read my Bible?"

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How am I saying that about Jesus? Are you saying the Jesus you speak to contradicts the Bible?

Stranger
I wrote what He answered me about it..That it is a compilation of words from God to man, words from man to God as well as words about God by man..You can receive or reject as you wish, doesn't change it though, and it certainly helped me heaps, as I was going around in circles trying to take in everything various pastors were telling me. Even they weren't in agreement, and all used the same book to try to tell me what was what...As I have said before, I am eternally grateful to Him for setting me straight, and I'm grateful that I didn't have anything to unlearn about various understandings of the Bible, as I didn't get one until 6 odd years after He first revealed Himself to me, nor did I go to any churches until then, thank God ! What do you and a couple of others mean when they say 'The Jesus I speak to'?...I am not aware of another, and certainly it could not have been 'someone' from the wrong side, as I wasn't a believer till I saw and spoke to Him. Anyway when you see Him, you KNOW that it is Him. How He does that I'm not sure..

Reactions: Richard_oti

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

By Him

is there any other way. What makes you think that God needs teh bible to save anyone, did it for thousands of years without it. All it does it keep people from Him, like having a famous explorer living next to you, but prefer teh books instead of visiting Him and asking Him what it was really like. And if it comes between you and God it is an idol.

" I shall have no God before me" no not one, bible included.

Reactions: pia

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing can make me believe this, because that is not what Jesus has taught me. This to me is just another example of what men thought about God. The fact that they wrote it down as if it's God speaking is totally blasphemes, in my opinion.

From Isaiah 45:
5. I am the Lord, and there is no other;
There is no God besides Me.
I will gird you, though you have not known Me,
6. That they may know from the rising of the sun to its setting
That there is none besides Me.
I am the Lord, and there is no other;
7. I form the light and create darkness,
I make peace and create calamity;
I, the Lord, do all these things.

Your words prove you "preach another Jesus" (2Corinthians 11):

"Nothing can make me believe this, because that is not what Jesus has taught me."
"The fact that they wrote it down as if it's God speaking is totally blasphemes, in my opinion."

The Word of God does not blaspheme itself; you are doing that.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
From Isaiah 45:
5. I am the Lord, and there is no other;
There is no God besides Me.
I will gird you, though you have not known Me,
6. That they may know from the rising of the sun to its setting
That there is none besides Me.
I am the Lord, and there is no other;
7. I form the light and create darkness,
I make peace and create calamity;
I, the Lord, do all these things.

Your words prove you "preach another Jesus" (2Corinthians 11):

"Nothing can make me believe this, because that is not what Jesus has taught me."
"The fact that they wrote it down as if it's God speaking is totally blasphemes, in my opinion."

The Word of God does not blaspheme itself; you are doing that.
What it proves to me is that you may know what men wrote, but you don't know our father, shame really, as learned as you seem to be, but perhaps that is the problem.

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What it proves to me is that you may know what men wrote, but you don't know our father, shame really, as learned as you seem to be, but perhaps that is the problem.

I am the least "learned" person on these forums.
And, yes "you don't know our father" is true. We each believe and worship a different God.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am the least "learned" person on these forums.
And, yes "you don't know our father" is true. We each believe and worship a different God.
Only one answer

Mat_16:23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

You know not of what you speak.

Reactions: pia

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you don't believe that He is able to reach people without Bibles, you are making Him out to be very small indeed, and that's just not right...What would you do if you went to a tribe somewhere, where they don't have a written language? Would you wash your hands of those people and say :" Oh well, too bad, God can do nothing here because they cannot read my Bible?"

I am going by what he has said. Your scenario doesn't work. The tribe you speak of doesn't have a Bible or written language. He does. And he does not consider it the written Word of God. He does not see it as having authority for the Christian. Yet he always quotes and uses it.

It is not that he cannot read it. He rejects it.

Stranger

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only one answer

Mat_16:23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

You know not of what you speak.

I'm saying that you, and Pia, worship a certain god. And I worship a different God.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'm saying that you, and Pia, worship a certain god. And I worship a different God.
We all know you worship a differnt God, no need to tell us.

Go seek Him while He may still be found. You wont find Him in the bible or in church that is not where Jesus or God Are.