Who was Job's accuser?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wrote what He answered me about it..That it is a compilation of words from God to man, words from man to God as well as words about God by man..You can receive or reject as you wish, doesn't change it though, and it certainly helped me heaps, as I was going around in circles trying to take in everything various pastors were telling me. Even they weren't in agreement, and all used the same book to try to tell me what was what...As I have said before, I am eternally grateful to Him for setting me straight, and I'm grateful that I didn't have anything to unlearn about various understandings of the Bible, as I didn't get one until 6 odd years after He first revealed Himself to me, nor did I go to any churches until then, thank God ! What do you and a couple of others mean when they say 'The Jesus I speak to'?...I am not aware of another, and certainly it could not have been 'someone' from the wrong side, as I wasn't a believer till I saw and spoke to Him. Anyway when you see Him, you KNOW that it is Him. How He does that I'm not sure..

Every Christian has had to grapple in some degree over various understandings given by others in Scripture. And there are many reasons for this. Ignorance of the Bible is one. Bias against the Bible is one. Interpretations by unbelievers is one.

The solution to these constant differences in interpretation is not to devalue the Bible as you have done. The solution is to recognize the Bible is the written Word of God. And if I don't understand certain verses or passages, it simply means I don't understand them yet. I will pray over them and wait for the Spirit to give me understanding. And you may wait a long time, but till then you hold that the Bible is the written Word of God.

If I show you something in the Scripture that runs contrary to what you believe God to be, then you can reject it, or put it on the back burner to think on. But don't reject the verses I use as not being the Word of God.

The conflict I see, when you say Jesus says this and that to you, is when it runs contrary to Scripture. You seem to indicate that Jesus is saying to you that not all of the Bible is the Word of God. This is a very unhealthy and dangerous view of, not just the Bible, but Jesus Christ.

Understand, I recognize the importance of the Spirit of Christ in us to give us understanding in the written Word of God. Just because I believe the Bible is the written Word of God does not negate the role of the Spirit in giving understanding of it. I do not sacrifice spirituality just because I believe the Bible is authoritative and the Word of God.

Stranger

Reactions: bbyrd009

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By Him

is there any other way. What makes you think that God needs teh bible to save anyone, did it for thousands of years without it. All it does it keep people from Him, like having a famous explorer living next to you, but prefer teh books instead of visiting Him and asking Him what it was really like. And if it comes between you and God it is an idol.

" I shall have no God before me" no not one, bible included.

Well, lets go back then. Show me how people for thousands of years were saved without the Bible.

Is, "I shall have no God before me", your statement or God's.

Stranger

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I'm sure we don't all have the same 'walk' but we ought to all be of the same mind and not allow ourselves to be all 'carved' up into various doctrines / churches...
i guess that is part of the path, profit implies competition, not cooperation i guess

Reactions: pia

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I actually laughed at that, the first time I heard it ( in the first fellowship I joined ), but then it happened to me, so I had to eat humble pie. It was amazing..
hmm, "tongues" happened to you? Quite interesting! I'd love to hear the story! Somehow i just didn't picture you doing that--assuming we are even talking about the same thing?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Well surely there is no way to actually diminish God, but it's not for the lack of trying on peoples part..Watch some peoples veins pop out of their necks, if you try to tell them that Jesus is a real being, not just in heaven. It's hilarious and heart breaking all at the same time..
well, we obviously have a big disconnect in religion and the body of christ right now, tbh i would perceive the religious as like a crippled younger brother or something similar. I tend to disagree with mjr that ppl do not find Christ, because i introduce ppl to Christ every day, and see Christ in other ppl--i just don't go looking for Christ in religious people, as strange as that sounds. Even if some of them reflect Christ, too.

as to diminishing God, imo you might perceive most of that "I create evil" stuff to be completely true, and just necessary as a concept for God to separate from. While recognizing that "evil" is largely subjective, poorly defined, and an emotional upheaval to boot. (we are told to not let our emotions control us, even as we also avoid logical conclusions where spiritual matters are concerned; at least paraphrased imo)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Sad thing is those who read teh bible have a really unhealthy view of God.
ha they can, huh. I wouldn't say 'universally' though, would you? Imo it seems to me that we are all hypocrites for the most part, and a hypocrite reading Scripture is just going to reflect Law from it, until they find Love, because we are all lawyers at heart. "You have to do this, you gotta do that, you can't do this."

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I am the least "learned" person on these forums.
And, yes "you don't know our father" is true. We each believe and worship a different God.
imo i would rely less on statements that should not be construed as complete anyway, and are likely to be misunderstood to boot, and more on the fruit, that we can really only barely see in a forum.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well, lets go back then. Show me how people for thousands of years were saved without the Bible.

Is, "I shall have no God before me", your statement or God's.
It is what God said, but men love there idols, something about,

Mat_14:31 And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?

I guess it is teh carnal mind of men that struggle with the Spiritual things of God, that somehow cant comprehend that God does not need carnal things to save men, that He who created all things can save whom He chooses How HE chooses, even after men put Him into there littler cardboard boxes and say " no God. this way and this way only". Anyone would think man created God in his image.

Rom_1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

and

Rom_8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

If that is where you choose to stay, you wont go anywhere. Your choosing not His.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is what God said, but men love there idols, something about,

Mat_14:31 And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?

I guess it is teh carnal mind of men that struggle with the Spiritual things of God, that somehow cant comprehend that God does not need carnal things to save men, that He who created all things can save whom He chooses How HE chooses, even after men put Him into there littler cardboard boxes and say " no God. this way and this way only". Anyone would think man created God in his image.

Rom_1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

and

Rom_8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

If that is where you choose to stay, you wont go anywhere. Your choosing not His.

What do you mean, 'its what God said'? Again, show me how people were for thousands of years saved without the Bible.

And, again, is "I shall have no other God's before me" your statement or God's?

Stranger

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What do you mean, 'its what God said'? Again, show me how people were for thousands of years saved without the Bible.

And, again, is "I shall have no other God's before me" your statement or God's?
Lets see

Luk 18:27 And he said, The things which are impossible with men are possible with God.

Apparently for you it is impossible with God without teh bible. Funny thing is if you ask a lot of Christians when they got there first bible, they will tell you after I got saved. why, because usually someone takes them to church they get saved and then they get told they need a bible, Funny isnt it.

Act 10:44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
Act 10:45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 10:46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,

No bible , when was teh bible put together by teh catholic church, is your God so small that He cannot save anyone without a book, is that the limit "you" place on God, you are not the first.

Exo 20:1 And God spake all these words, saying,
Exo 20:2 I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
Exo 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

Yet teh biple is kept before Him by many, just as you do.

Reactions: Helen

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lets see

Luk 18:27 And he said, The things which are impossible with men are possible with God.

Apparently for you it is impossible with God without teh bible. Funny thing is if you ask a lot of Christians when they got there first bible, they will tell you after I got saved. why, because usually someone takes them to church they get saved and then they get told they need a bible, Funny isnt it.

Act 10:44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
Act 10:45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 10:46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,

No bible , when was teh bible put together by teh catholic church, is your God so small that He cannot save anyone without a book, is that the limit "you" place on God, you are not the first.

Exo 20:1 And God spake all these words, saying,
Exo 20:2 I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
Exo 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

Yet teh biple is kept before Him by many, just as you do.

Again, show me how people were for thousands of years saved without the Bible.

And, again, is the statement, "I shall have no other Gods before me" yours or God's.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Again, show me how people were for thousands of years saved without the Bible.

And, again, is the statement, "I shall have no other Gods before me" yours or God's.
If you where God would you want christians to put gods before you as they do, now you are just getting argumentative, do you have a problem with going to God, or Jesus, do you have an issue with trusting teh Holy Spirit to lead you into teh truth, seems far to many christians do,

All you want is a argument over the bible, why dont you take things to God, trust Him, or are you one of them who has position in church and afraid to loose it if christians did what Jesus asked and followed after Him instead of men.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am the least "learned" person on these forums.
And, yes "you don't know our father" is true. We each believe and worship a different God.
It brings me to tears every time someone here on the forum call it blasphemy, when I pass on what He told me, but thankfully that can be forgiven too...How can you say such a silly thing, that we worship a different God..there is ONLY one true God and His risen Son Jesus, who sent us His very own Holy Spirit to teach us.
Have you even read the things I have passed on about how it occurred and what He had to say ? Doesn't seem so to me, as for the most part the things He said, ended up being in the Bible ( not all ) when I finally got one....But He spoke it in language which was easy for me to understand as I had zero scriptural foundation, so thankfully what He told me ended up being my foundation...He also said that not many will come to Him directly, which made me so sad at the time, because He is such a beautiful loving being ( not talking about looks here )...
But as I have also said many times....there is no way I can make Jesus real for anyone else, but He can! For anyone who wants to have that relationship with Him...but go right ahead and keep developing your relationship ( if you can call it that ) with your Bible, since that seems to be all you and a lot of others here on the forum want.......It's certainly no skin off my nose....It's not that I don't care, it's just that I know after all these years that there is no way to get someone else to seek Him that way, unless they themselves want it....