Who were the sons of God mentioned in Genesis 6?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

avoice

May 17, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who are the Sons of God in Gen.6 the very same ones in Job
1:6-7 and Job 2:1

Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them.
And the LORD said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.

Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the LORD.

They are angels thats why Satan is with them ... All angels in scripture appear as men ..The men of Sodom saw men not angels
Jacob wrestled with one ... Angels can clearly take the form of men and thus married the daughters of men.

They left their first estate ...Heaven Jud 1:6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A
Who are the Sons of God in Gen.6 the very same ones in Job
1:6-7 and Job 2:1

Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them.
And the LORD said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.

Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the LORD.

They are angels thats why Satan is with them ... All angels in scripture appear as men ..The men of Sodom saw men not angels
Jacob wrestled with one ... Angels can clearly take the form of men and thus married the daughters of men.

They left their first estate ...Heaven Jud 1:6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

Since you believe it was Heaven where did they leave it and went to?

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
You dont have to agree with me.

The Word is Truth and Angels cannot sin.

"Angels, that excel in strength, that do His commandments, hearkening unto the voice of His word" (Ps.103:20).

Your doctrine makes them weak!
Your doctine makes them disobediant!
Your doctrine teaches God cannot control His Heavenly Realm
Your doctrine teaches the Angels do NOT do His commands

"The Lord hath prepared His throne in the heavens; and his kingdom ruleth over all ( i.e. there can be no rebellion against God in Heaven). Bless the Lord, ye His Angels, that excel in strength, that do his commandments, hearkening unto the voice of His word. Bless ye the Lord, all ye His hosts; ye ministers of His, that do his pleasure" (Ps.103:19-21).

Your doctrine teaches that Angels do not the Lords' pleasure.
Your doctrine teaches that God does not rule over all.
Your doctrine contradicts every passage in the Bible about Holy Angels.

"Praise him, all his Angels...his hosts" (Ps.148:2)

Your doctrine believes that Angel's dont praise the Father in the Heavens

"The angels...are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them (the believers) who shall be heirs of salvation?" (Heb.1:13,14).

You doctrine teaches that the Holy Host of Angels who minister to the sinners on earth are actually evil beings prompting people to sin.

Your doctrine is wrong; I suggest you should be fearful for teaching such lies
scared-1.gif

Insight

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
THE NEED TO CONTEND — APOSTATE TEACHERS - - Jude 3-16

Their evil perversions: Three basic denials .... Jude 3- 4
Their certain doom: Three historic examples Jude 5- 7
Their impious ways: Three historic examples Jude 8-11
Their utter depravity: Six terrible metaphors Jude 12-13
Their final destruction: Enoch's testimony .... Jude 14-16

So once again we are looking for a third historic example of certain doom

1. Egypt and those in the Desert (Jew & Gentile) Jude 5
12161809281371254023jean_victor_balin_tick.svg.thumb.png

2. Jude 6 x
3. Sodom Jude 7
12161809281371254023jean_victor_balin_tick.svg.thumb.png

Jude 6 Any historic example's of men of authority losing thier first estate (position)

Any brave Christian's?

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A
You dont have to agree with me.

The Word is Truth and Angels cannot sin.

"Angels, that excel in strength, that do His commandments, hearkening unto the voice of His word" (Ps.103:20).

That scripture does not say that angles cannot sin. If you believe that they cannot sin then how would you explane the fact that Satan, whom name was Lucifer sinned?

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
That scripture does not say that angles cannot sin. If you believe that they cannot sin then how would you explane the fact that Satan, whom name was Lucifer sinned?
Did you not read the quote attached?

They do His commands - - they hearken to His voice - - they are immortal ministering spirits who have no will of their own.

You must be seriously deluded to think Pure Spirit beings that behold the very eyes of the Father can sin.
smiley-doh.gif

You must prove to me their is a Satan, who conveniently changed his name to Lucifer.

Ezek 28 the King of Tyre we go?

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A
Did you not read the quote attached?

They do His commands - - they hearken to His voice - - they are immortal ministering spirits who have no will of their own.

You must be seriously deluded to think Pure Spirit beings that behold the very eyes of the Father can sin.
smiley-doh.gif

You must prove to me their is a Satan, who conveniently changed his name to Lucifer.

Revelation 12:9 (ASV)
[sup]9 [/sup]And the great dragon was cast down, the old serpent, he that is called the Devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world; he was cast down to the earth, and his angels were cast down with him.

I can also show you the scripture that tells us he has his throne right here on the Earth if you want.

Ezek 28 the King of Tyre we go?

If you notince in Ezek. 28 two individuals are named. One is the king of Tyre and the other is the prince of Tryre. In verse 11 this is not refering to a human being, because this king of Tyre was in the garden of Eden......he was created.

But I did not say he changed his name to Lucifer.......it is God who did. He was not always evil. Where do you believe Satan came from?

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
Your understanding of Satan is not a Biblical one.

We would need to start at the beginning and reteach you the first oracles of God.

I will give you an example:

You believe Rev 12 is speaking about a literal superhuman being who rules some place of darkness.

Yes?

Do you also believe the woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet and a crown of twelve stars on her head is a literal woman?

Yes or No?

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A
Your understanding of Satan is not a Biblical one.

We would need to start at the beginning and reteach you the first oracles of God.

I will give you an example:

You believe Rev 12 is speaking about a literal superhuman being who rules some place of darkness.

Yes?

Do you also believe the woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet and a crown of twelve stars on her head is a literal woman?

Yes or No?

Not everything in the book of Revelation is sysbolic.

Here is another place where Satan is meantined.

Job 1:6-7 (ASV)
[sup]6 [/sup]Now it came to pass on the day when the sons of God came to present themselves before Jehovah, that Satan also came among them.
[sup]7 [/sup]And Jehovah said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered Jehovah, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.

Luke 22:31-32 (ESV)
[sup]31 [/sup]"Simon, Simon, behold, Satan demanded to have you, that he might sift you like wheat,
[sup]32 [/sup]but I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned again, strengthen your brothers."

He is called the god of this world.

2 Corinthians 4:4 (ASV)
[sup]4 [/sup]in whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of the unbelieving, that the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should not dawn upon them.

However, you side-step the other part of my post. Who is the king of Tyre that was created and was in the garden of Eden?

Read it and see if you think this is talking about a human being.

Ezekiel 28:11-15 (ASV)
[sup]11 [/sup]Moreover the word of Jehovah came unto me, saying,
[sup]12 [/sup]Son of man, take up a lamentation over the king of Tyre, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord Jehovah: Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty.
[sup]13 [/sup]Thou wast in Eden, the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, the topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was in thee; in the day that thou wast created they were prepared.
[sup]14 [/sup]Thou wast the anointed cherubthat covereth: and I set thee, so that thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.
[sup]15 [/sup]Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till unrighteousness was found in thee.

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
Avoidence.

Answer the question yes or no.

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A
Avoidence.

Answer the question yes or no.

I have already answered that question by saying not everything in the book of Revelation is symbolice. So since you did not get it let me be more specific and say no....the woman in that part of the Bible represents the Church. Now, I have posed a few things some of which you have ignored.....care to answer those?

avoice

May 17, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 12:9 (ASV)
[sup]9 [/sup]And the great dragon was cast down, the old serpent, he that is called the Devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world; he was cast down to the earth, and his angels were cast down with him.

I can also show you the scripture that tells us he has his throne right here on the Earth if you want.

If you notince in Ezek. 28 two individuals are named. One is the king of Tyre and the other is the prince of Tryre. In verse 11 this is not refering to a human being, because this king of Tyre was in the garden of Eden......he was created.

But I did not say he changed his name to Lucifer.......it is God who did. He was not always evil. Where do you believe Satan came from?

Your correct and perfectly biblical Buzzfruit....... And angels do fall from Grace reguardless of what insight is saying Satan/Lucifer is one of these. And we best better know it .

Why else would God warns us of this.

Gal 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
Ok, so you agree that the context of Rev 12 is highly symbolic language.

Let me get this right Buzz, you are asking me to believe that God waited until the time of Job to inform the earth of some supernatual evil manifestation? with no explanation of how, when, where etc. You would expect me to believe that God and this abhorant creature had a peaceable conversation? common Buzz, open the Word and start to ask the right questions!

Swallowed lies.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
An interesting thing to note, I think, is that we can fall from grace the same way.

1 Timothy 3:[sup]6[/sup] not a novice, lest being puffed up with pride he fall into the same condemnation as the devil.

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
Your correct and perfectly biblical Buzzfruit....... And angels do fall from Grace reguardless of what insight is saying Satan/Lucifer is one of these. And we best better know it .

Gal 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

This is gross error on your part and taking Paul out of context!

you should go and read about the old prophet in 1 Kings 13:18 "an angel said to me... "

In other words no matter the source of error do not listen!

What a shifty on your part
rolleye-17.gif

avoice

May 17, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is gross error on your part and taking Paul out of context!

you should go and read about the old prophet in 1 Kings 13:18 "an angel said to me... "

In other words no matter the source of error do not listen!

What a shifty on your part
rolleye-17.gif

LOL thats funny
how can you ask a question quote a scripture and be out of context ?
It says what it says no big mystery here to jump through hoops for ...
Angels can preach another doctrine thus we are warned
if it were not so God would not warn us ..... not agreeing with your doctrine does not make a thing out of context

Tell me just who do you think Satan is cause my Bible tells me he was the annoited Cherb last time
I looked a Chereb is an angel
I suggest you study Eze 28:8-19 and then explain to me who else was in the garden who elso is associated with the pit

If you dont understand the begining you cant understand the ending

P.S.Luke 10:18
And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.

now where did Satan fall from ? ... where do angels come from ... golly I believe heaven is the answer to both questions :eek:

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A
Ok, so you agree that the context of Rev 12 is highly symbolic language.

Let me get this right Buzz, you are asking me to believe that God waited until the time of Job to inform the earth of some supernatual evil manifestation? with no explanation of how, when, where etc. You would expect me to believe that God and this abhorant creature had a peaceable conversation? common Buzz, open the Word and start to ask the right questions!

Swallowed lies.

You are not and have not addressed what I have put before you but instead you are asking me more question.

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
LOL thats funny
how can you ask a question quote a scripture and be out of context ?
It says what it says no big mystery here to jump through hoops for ...
Angels can preach another doctrine thus we are warned
if it were not so God would not warn us ..... not agreeing with your doctrine does not make a thing out of context

Tell me just who do you think Satan is cause my Bible tells me he was the annoited Cherb last time
I looked a Chereb is an angel
I suggest you study Eze 28:8-19 and then explain to me who else was in the garden who elso is associated with the pit

If you dont understand the begining you cant understand the ending

P.S.Luke 10:18
And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.

now where did Satan fall from ? ... where do angels come from ... golly I believe heaven is the answer to both questions :eek:

Angels can preach error?

Wow...Are these the same Angels who carry God's name? We are talking about divine beings who like God cannot sin (who are perfect in every way and pure) (See Rom 9:14 Rom 6:23 compare Ps.90:2 and Matt 5:48 James 1:13 and so on) They cannot die, i.e. they are immortal (See 1 Tim.6:16) They are full of God's power and energy (Isa 40:28).

Now these are the angels you suggest can teach error?

Because these Angels possess the same nature of God and it is this same nature which was given to Jesus after his resurrection (See Acts 13:34 & Rev.1:18 & Heb1:3). And its this very nature which we are promised (Luke 20:35,36; 2 Peter1:4; Isa 40:28 compare Isa 40:31).

Let me suggest you revisit all the passages where you believe devil (false accuser) satan (adversary) are found and start asking some big questions of the record.

If your reward is immortality with the potential to sin - do you call this a reward? Is this the life you are seeking?

But rest assure; just as Adam was sent from the Garden for fear of him becoming an eternal sinner (which could never happen!) it appears you desire to enter back into the Garden with the some mortal fleshly condition.

Thankfully those who know the truth understand Rom 6:23...the royal creed would determine that Angels die! They cannot therefore they cannot sin.

Else God is unrighteous to apply this sentence of death and not do so with His Holy angels.

Please explain?

Not everything in the book of Revelation is sysbolic.

Here is another place where Satan is meantined.

[sup]6 [/sup]Now it came to pass on the day when the sons of God came to present themselves before Jehovah, that Satan also came among them.
[sup]7 [/sup]And Jehovah said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered Jehovah, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.

[sup]31 [/sup]"Simon, Simon, behold, Satan demanded to have you, that he might sift you like wheat,
[sup]32 [/sup]but I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned again, strengthen your brothers."

[sup]4 [/sup]in whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of the unbelieving, that the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should not dawn upon them.

However, you side-step the other part of my post. Who is the king of Tyre that was created and was in the garden of Eden?

[sup]12 [/sup]Son of man, take up a lamentation over the king of Tyre, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord Jehovah: Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty.
[sup]13 [/sup]Thou wast in Eden, the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, the topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was in thee; in the day that thou wast created they were prepared.
[sup]14 [/sup]Thou wast the anointed cherubthat covereth: and I set thee, so that thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.
[sup]15 [/sup]Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till unrighteousness was found in thee.

But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.
(Matthew 16:23)

Buzz, is Peter Satan also?

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A
Angels can preach error?

Wow...Are these the same Angels who carry God's name? We are talking about divine beings who like God cannot sin (who are perfect in every way and pure) (See Rom 9:14 Rom 6:23 compare Ps.90:2 and Matt 5:48 James 1:13 and so on) They cannot die, i.e. they are immortal (See 1 Tim.6:16) They are full of God's power and energy (Isa 40:28).

Now these are the angels you suggest can teach error?

Because these Angels possess the same nature of God and it is this same nature which was given to Jesus after his resurrection (See Acts 13:34 & Rev.1:18 & Heb1:3). And its this very nature which we are promised (Luke 20:35,36; 2 Peter1:4; Isa 40:28 compare Isa 40:31).

Let me suggest you revisit all the passages where you believe devil (false accuser) satan (adversary) are found and start asking some big questions of the record.

If your reward is immortality with the potential to sin - do you call this a reward? Is this the life you are seeking?

But rest assure; just as Adam was sent from the Garden for fear of him becoming an eternal sinner (which could never happen!) it appears you desire to enter back into the Garden with the some mortal fleshly condition.

Thankfully those who know the truth understand Rom 6:23...the royal creed would determine that Angels die! They cannot therefore they cannot sin.

Else God is unrighteous to apply this sentence of death and not do so with His Holy angels.

Please explain?

But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.
(Matthew 16:23)

Buzz, is Peter Satan also?

Because Satan was the one who was using Peter to say what he said. Jesus knew who was really behind those words that Peter uttered.

But you are still doing it.......you are still avoiding addressing the scriptures that I presented.

Let me put them here to make it easy for you. I want you to respond to these scriptures below. Do not try to avoide them by asking me more questions or post some scripture.....just deal with those scriptures below. Read the entire chapter if you like if it will help you.

[sup]7 [/sup]
And Jehovah said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered Jehovah, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.

[sup]32 [/sup]
but I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned again, strengthen your brothers."

[sup]12 [/sup]
Son of man, take up a lamentation over the king of Tyre, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord Jehovah: Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty.
[sup]13 [/sup]
Thou wast in Eden, the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, the topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was in thee; in the day that thou wast created they were prepared.
[sup]14 [/sup]Thou wast the anointed cherub
that covereth: and I set thee, so that thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A

You see he fails to understand that only God will never sin........not because God cannot sin, but because He will not......it is not His Nature. Angels in Heaven are sinless but it does not mean they cannot sin......they have free will. Angels do not have God's Nature and they never will. Human beings on the other hand such as those who are given the Holy Spirit have been given the Nature of God.......when we are glorified we will be like God.