Whose lying?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes, because they do the works of God, as it is written in the Bible.

Many will cry "Lord, Lord," see, all of them "believers."

We are not to judge the children of God by any means.

Rom 14:4
4 Who are you to judge another's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.
NKJV

Reactions: Helen

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
? who's judging anyone?

I have nothing else to say to you. You have told me who you are by saying your faith is in your works of taking up a cross. Since you do not give the credit for your salvation to Jesus you are, IMO, just another religious man who loves your own religious works..

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i just quoted Jesus, Richard, refute it if you like, or think you can
Why would I refute it? It was your statement of where you have placed your faith. You said in """TAKING UP YOUR CROSS"". That means your faith is in what you do. Plain and simple.

To late bb, your words are recorded as being where you have placed your faith and it wasn't in what Jesus did on the cross.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you hope anyway, from what i understand Christ would not even turn around if you said "Hey, Jesus."
Some people say that name is understood to refer to what you are. God's names, rendered in scripture, are all descriptive. If I ask an hispanic named Jesus, or a guy named Joshua to save me, they might try, but there's only one Lord and His names reveal Him. My own name is a proclamation of awe for God, "Who is like God?" I don't know if everyone with my name feels the same way, but I have always been in awe of my Lord. If you didn't know His given name, but called Him, wouldn't He still respond?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Some people say that name is understood to refer to what you are. God's names, rendered in scripture, are all descriptive. If I ask an hispanic named Jesus, or a guy named Joshua to save me, they might try, but there's only one Lord and His names reveal Him. My own name is a proclamation of awe for God, "Who is like God?" I don't know if everyone with my name feels the same way, but I have always been in awe of my Lord. If you didn't know His given name, but called Him, wouldn't He still respond?
i believe so, but then there are those vv that will cause many to disagree because "the name" is taken literally.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all. Yes, I must write about this. "Jesus or Jehovah, AKA Yahweh, or Yah.
#1. Building a Name, is it true or a false name, let's see.
Jehovah and Yahweh all derive from the tetragrammaton. and it roots in H3068
H3050 יָהּ Yahh (yaw) n/p.
1. Yah, the sacred name. short for YAHweh.
2. (also, anglicized) Jah.
KJV: Jah, the Lord, most vehement.
Root(s): H3068

H3068 יְהוָה Yhvah (yeh-vaw') n/p.
יְהוָֹה Yhovah (yeh-ho-vaw')
יְהוֹ Yhow (yeh-ho') {as a prefix}
1. (meaning) the self-Existent or Eternal, the I AM.
2. (person) Yahweh (Yehvah), Jewish national name of God.
3. (anglicized) Jehovah.
4. (as a name prefix) Yeho-.
5. (As expressed in Hebraic Koine Greek) ἐγώ εἰμί, I AM (literally: I myself, I am).
[from H1961]
KJV: Jehovah, the Lord.
Root(s): H1961
so all these false name YAHweh, and Jehovah all lead back to H1961 הָיָה hayah (haw-yaw) v. which is “I AM”. 1. to exist as seen in definition #1 of H3068 above. scripture, Exodus 3:14 "And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel,
I AM hath sent me unto you".
here is your very first ERROR. I AM or H1961 הָיָה hayah (haw-yaw) v. is a VERB, and not a NOUN. personal names are NOUNS, and not verbs. verbs are action words, here, hayah is describing what God is, and not who God is by name. that's your first mistake out the gate and it's a looser. proper name are not VERBS. I suggest you learn something about "WHO" a person is in name vs "WHAT" a person is in Name.

#2. a name is an Identifier, as to what and who you are. we need to clarify the "Truth". the question is, what is God proper/PERSONAL name... as a noun, and not a verb. is it Jehovah, English or Yahweh, or Yah short in Hebrew. well it's neither, Jehovah, nor Yahweh. lets see how they (the Masoretic Jews who translated our bible that we have today) derived those names from the tetragrammaton. the tetragrammaton is a term from the Greek word, τετραγράμματον, meaning, "a word having four letters". It is the Hebrew written word, or four letters, (יהוה), Yodh, He, Waw, He, hence the translation into English, YHWH, or JHVH by some. these four letters, suppose to be the unpronounced name of God. and from these four letters come the man made names Yahweh, Hebrew and Jehovah, English. let's see what the JEWS did in their translation. remember in the definition of H3068 יְהוָה Yah or Jah is the Jewish national name of God, remember that, not WHO God said that his PERSONAL name is. The word "JEHOVAH" was formed by merging the three vowels (e, o, and a) into the Romanized (Latinized) four letter version JHVH to get, JeHoVaH. and the word "YAHWEH" was formed by merging the vowels (a, and e), into the four letter version to get, YaHWeH. so we have the English man made name of God, and the Hebrew man made name of God's supposed unpronounced name. here is the mistake. they, (the translator), added vowels to the four letter consonant, to make up a name to pronounce. one can never add or take away from the WORD of God. they added vowels to give God a personal name, because they knew that YHWH is a verb, and not a noun. and because the suppose name was lost, which the Jews said was forbidden to pronounce, they made a guess at the name where pointers should be. this was a grave mistake on their part. when you add to the word of God you just put the noose around your neck. arbitrarily, the translators injected the vowels into the four letter consonant to come up with the names, "YaHWeH", and, "JeHoVaH", that is in our English bibles today, MAN MADE. one should look up these name, or google expert articles
on this subject. michaelvpardo, you been as Malcolm X said, you have been bamboozle, and hoodwinked on these FALSE MAN MADE names. I suggest you re-read this post for clarity.

be blessed.
Not entirely true. The name has been used in sorcery, but spells and incantations, pentagrams and circles, were only recorded with "tetragrammaton" as the covenant name. Sorcerers going back millenia have believed that they can only command a spirit by knowing its name, but no one commands God and to do so is blasphemous. So the keepers of the name, whether Jew or Gentile, have done what they have to do to prevent that.
I heard the name spoken, reverently, on messianic perspectives by the principal teacher of the ministry and he suddenly went off the air for a week or two. Maybe he just took a vacation, but now he just refers to Yahweh and no one interferes.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isaiah 52:5 "Now therefore, what have I here, saith the LORD, that my people is taken away for nought? they that rule over them make them to howl, saith the LORD; and my name continually every day is blasphemed. Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I".

Only God people know his PERSONAL name. so it's no surprise how people use the name.... "God" in their blaspheme of it.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isaiah 52:5 "Now therefore, what have I here, saith the LORD, that my people is taken away for nought? they that rule over them make them to howl, saith the LORD; and my name continually every day is blasphemed. Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I".

Only God people know his PERSONAL name. so it's no surprise how people use the name.... "God" in their blaspheme of it.
Sorcerers are God people?

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Putting the thread back on track.

In two places Jesus said He only came to the lost sheep of Israel (Matt. 10:5-7 and Matt. 15:23-24)

Did Jesus lie? Or is main street Christianity lying?

In the book of James 1.1 it tells us who James is writing to.

Did James lie? Or is main street Christianity lying?

In Paul’s epistles he states that the gospel he is preaching was “HIDDEN IN GOD” and revealed to him, by revelation, and is about God’s grace offered to man; if the man has faith to believe it. Grace excludes the law since it can not be earned. Under grace the law has been satisfied because Jesus atoned for, paid for, all the sins the mankind committed in the past, present, and future. For these the law is no longer in effect since Jesus’ shed blood paid the price for them.

The above is what Paul says, his gospel was hidden in God.

Is Paul lying? Or is main street Christianity lying?

The answers will tell a lot.

And they did!!!

Reactions: Helen

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In two places Jesus said He only came to the lost sheep of Israel (Matt. 10:5-7 and Matt. 15:23-24)
the Lord Jesus said in two places he came to save all, not only the lost sheep of Israel. John 10:16 "And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd." Luke 19:10 "For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost”.

Now let's eliminate this Israel only, but only "first". Acts 13:46 "Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles".

so this only Israel is incorrect. so who lied, the Lord Jesus or ignorant men?.
In the book of James 1.1 it tells us who James is writing to.
now let's eliminate this idea of James 1:1, scripture, Galatians 2:9 "And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision. well there it is, Barnabas and Paul to the other sheep. so who is lying now, the Lord Jesus or again Ignorant men.
The above is what Paul says, his gospel was hidden in God
let's check the record. Colossians 1:25 "Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God; Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus".

Peace in Christ Jesus.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the Lord Jesus said in two places he came to save all, not only the lost sheep of Israel. John 10:16 "And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd." Luke 19:10 "For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost”.

Now let's eliminate this Israel only, but only "first". Acts 13:46 "Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles".

so this only Israel is incorrect. so who lied, the Lord Jesus or ignorant men?.

now let's eliminate this idea of James 1:1, scripture, Galatians 2:9 "And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision. well there it is, Barnabas and Paul to the other sheep. so who is lying now, the Lord Jesus or again Ignorant men.

let's check the record. Colossians 1:25 "Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God; Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus".

Peace in Christ Jesus.

So you are saying that Jesus lied when He said He only came to the lost sheep of the house of Israel, and James lied when he said James 1:1 and Paul lied when he said his gospel was hidden in God. Since you try to rationalize what they said you are saying they lied.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So you are saying that Jesus lied when He said He only came to the lost sheep of the house of Israel, and James lied when he said James 1:1 and Paul lied when he said his gospel was hidden in God. Since you try to rationalize what they said you are saying they lied.
did you not read my post fully, if you did then you would have see my answer, to your questions. read it again.

see Richard most people are just blind, let me make it as clear as possible. 1 Timothy 2:1-4 "I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth".

peace in Christ Jesus.