Whose lying?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't require attaboys from heretics, the Lord's blessings have always been more than enough. By the way, read John 1:13 again, very slowly, as the verse is not about Jesus, but those that believe Him and are born again. How can you understand the bible when you don't even understand the english language?
I have read John 1:13 slowly many times, but did you not see the and in verse 14?. "and" a conjunction do not starts sentences but continue them.

hope that helped.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agree, @michaelvpardo ONE God, who can and does, express Himself as three. Or however we are comfortable in saying it. I don't think Father sits and wrings His hands when we don't 'get it right.' I am convinced we care about it much more than He does! :D
It always comes back to our heart motivation.
We spend a lot of time trying to understand who God is, believing that understanding is the same as knowing. God requires that we know Him in a personal way, but understanding is just an advantage when it comes to intimacy in a relationship. By our understanding of people we harm them maliciously and by our understanding of them we may help them in God's grace. God certainly isn't offended by our misunderstanding. He's offended by our rebellion, our sin.
However, God has commandments, blessings and curses, all committed to writing and of an eternal nature because they come from Him. He has decreed blessing upon those that keep His word and curses upon those that alter it. Consequently, the handling of scripture for public consumption is a weighty matter with eternal consequences. Those that teach are held to a higher standard by both God and man.
While this sort of electronic venue is somewhat conversational in nature, it remains a semipermanent public record of people discussing and teaching the word of God, the sword of the spirit. I don't speak for the website, but according to their statements and observed practice they are ecumenical in nature, but not open to religious pluralism. The standard recognized is a least common denominator type of Christian belief or doctrine, a biblical gospel, and primarily the written word of God. Since God has laid a burden upon the church to contend for the faith, young believers content themselves with contending with each other, when they should be contending with themselves. It takes time to understand the great philosopher, Pogo, "we have met the enemy and he is us."

Reactions: bbyrd009 and Helen

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have read John 1:13 slowly many times, but did you not see the and in verse 14?. "and" a conjunction do not starts sentences but continue them.

hope that helped.
Thats all wonderful gramatical tripe, but the verse is still speaking to the nature of born again believers as is most of the passage. What it means is that we as believers are born again of God's Spirit and not of our own will, not by descent from men as in (i'm saved because I'm a child of Abraham) The passage has nothing to do with Jesus' origin (Jesus was born the Son of God, not born again to that status) but everything to do with God's election. Good luck with your studies though.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
nah, we're pretty much devoted to Mammon i guess lol

got a mortgage, Michael?
If you put your financial concerns before God, that's your problem, not mine. Though I've never tithed my income and generally have only given according to the dictates of my conscience, my Lord has always provided what I've really needed whenever I've taken time to ask or more commonly when I haven't (not having recognized the need.)
Do you commonly joke about your lack of faith? That kind of thing is a bit problematic for a Christian.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Edification, #1. the name of God is Jesus, Hebrew Yeshua. this is God personal name. in the OT his personal name was not given, only his Titles, or Appellation was given as to "what" he is vs "who" he is in name, when he came in flesh. because he didn't have his body of flesh to manifest in yet, in the OT people understood God in his dispensation, or work or actions. these dispensation are in his name that he gave to Moses, for Moses asked "what" is his name and not "who" are you in name. "WHAT" he is, vs "WHO" he is in name make the difference in knowing God. "I AM THAT I AM" is not his personal name, but his three dispensation in our history, "HIS WORK". the first I AM is a dispensation of the Spirit/God from Genesis to Malachi, without flesh, without bone, and without blood. and in that dispensation he is CREATOR, & MAKER of all and every thing, holding the title "FATHER". that wisdom, (Proverb 8:22), that light, (John 1:5, 8:12 & Gen 1:3-4) that was brought forth was the mind of God which shined, or gave knowledge and understanding to men which is the share of God is now in flesh (Philippians 2:6-8). this is the THAT which was made Flesh, (John 1:14). this share, this diversity, this "offspring" of God holds the title of "Son". this is his, GOD second dispensation. the same Spirit that is the "Father" now is in flesh, diversified, as SAVIOR & REDEEMER of all mankind, (John 1:1). and now we're in his Last, or third dispensation, called Grace. which he is Glorified in the Spirit (John 17:5). in this last dispensation he is the last I AM which in Revelation, verse 4b "from him which is, (Genesis 1:1) and which was, (John 1:1) and which is to come (Revelation 1:1). who this is?, verse 5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth". in this dispensation he is COMFORTER & MEDIATOR. his title, "Holy Spirit". in this second and third dispensation our Lord is the numerical different of himself, meaning one person, shared with flesh. 1. the (SON), with flesh and 2. without flesh the (FATHER). this is the numerical different or the plurality of God, (John 14:16). yes, this "another" is the G243 allos the numerical different of himself in flesh.
actually the name of God is Yah in the contracted version, Yah Havah as the covenant name, Yah shua (or something approximating that sound) as the name of His Son, but yes Jesus is a name of God, but not the last one either.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
If you put your financial concerns before God, that's your problem, not mine. Though I've never tithed my income and generally have only given according to the dictates of my conscience, my Lord has always provided what I've really needed whenever I've taken time to ask or more commonly when I haven't (not having recognized the need.)
Do you commonly joke about your lack of faith? That kind of thing is a bit problematic for a Christian.
hmm. when you find out what you cannot make a joke about...right? i mean c'mon michael, you din't even answer the question lol
you cannot serve two masters, right

Last edited:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thats all wonderful gramatical tripe
LOL, why don't you google those verses and read what experts say about them. Scripture, 2 Timothy 2:15 "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth".

good day.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
actually the name of God is Yah in the contracted version, Yah Havah as the covenant name, Yah shua (or something approximating that sound) as the name of His Son, but yes Jesus is a name of God, but not the last one either.
actually the name of God is Yah in the contracted version prove it, I'll be waiting for that answer.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hmm. when you find out what you cannot make a joke about...right? i mean c'mon michael, you din't even answer the question lol
you cannot serve two masters, right
Yes, I Have a mortgage and I also have a pension that covers it, but what does a mortgage have to do with serving God and mammon. A home of some sort or at least a shelter from the elements is a necessity which God provides, not a luxury or unrighteous desire born of greed and this is what God is concerned with, not with our debts. Wisdom literature advises us not to borrow money, but that literature was written for a people that received their land as a perpetual inheritance from God (His plan for all peoples). An Israelite could sell his land out of necessity, but was guaranteed to receive it back debt free on the next year of release so that the land should remain a permanent possession. Try not paying your taxes for a few years and see what happens.
As far as the jokes go, there's nothing wrong with joking specifically, its the content that's problematic. I love a good laugh but I'm not too thrilled when it comes at God's expense.
Do you understand what a testimony is? If so, is God glorified in you by your faithfulness or lack of faith? Since the Lord will judge us by our words, even the careless stupid comments, if He asks you why you didn't trust Him to meet your mortgage or provide some good shelter would you tell Him that you were just joking?
You seem like an affable and reasonable person from your postings, but your "jokes" also give the appearance that you're a mocker and scoffer of God rather than a brother in the Lord.
I can't really know you simply by what you write any more than you can know me by what I've written. The things that we speak reveal what's in our heart, but the things we write reveal what's in our mind (if we think before writing), and our minds can be deceived (and frequently are.) Jesus said that you can't serve both God and Mammon which is certainly true, but perhaps you didn't know that mammon doesn't mean just money, but money deified, money as the answer to all problems (rather than God). You have fools like Joel Osteen pushing prosperity doctrine, lining their pockets while leading sheep to the slaughter, not as much by what they say, picking verses from scripture to support their messages, but by what they do, living in luxury at the expense of the flock of God (even those making their fortunes with their books are fleecing the flock: Who buys them?)
Jesus could have said you can't serve God and yourself and this would've been just as true, but He was making a point about money in the context of that verse.
If you're not part of the solution, you remain part of the problem, but that's okay for the moment, we all start out as part of the problem. I can search you out as long as you continue to respond, but I can't fix you (that's God's work and I thank Him for that.)
I apologize for calling you broken, but since the fall of man and the resultant curses all men are broken (that's part of why we need the great physician.) Our sanctification is in reality God's work to fix or complete that which was damaged in us through sin.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
actually the name of God is Yah in the contracted version prove it, I'll be waiting for that answer.
Its in the bible, try reading it rather than just writing about it.
for those who don't know how to search the scripture even with a machine, take a look at Psalms 68:4, Isaiah 12:2, Isaiah 26:4, and Isaiah 38:11. Or perhaps we can argue over the accuracy of those verse translations as that will be so much more productive.
Do you know what Yah havah means? Havah was the name given to Adam's helper, Eve. Havah has the meaning "giver (or source) of life". The living God's covenant name was given as Yah the giver of life.
When Moses called his servant Joshua rather than using his given name, Oshea (or Hosea), he was building the "type" of Jesus as conquering king. The difference in the name is a change from "deliverer" to "Yah our savior" (or possibly Yah save us: I don't read Hebrew and fact finding is your job not mine.)

Last edited:

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
um wait you really think God was involved in your borrowing money at interest and making yourself a slave to a bank for half your life in order to buy a house?

A mortgage is a contract with a bank. If you don't pay they take it away among other possible penalties and repercussions. To say your a slave to the bank is being melodramatic.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
A mortgage is a contract with a bank. If you don't pay they take it away among other possible penalties and repercussions. To say your a slave to the bank is being melodramatic.
ah, well i'm pretty sure that i was just quoting Scripture there, i think it is even red-letter, stating specifically that that person is a "slave," unless i am mistaken. but anyway i came back to say that i did not mean to single M out, pretty sure this house is prolly mortgaged to the rafters too lol. But the point remains that you cannot serve two masters.

And fwiw i would be examining that "what you cannot make fun of" thing, which somehow got twisted into me being cavalier or something, when i do not use money at all, and yet i still say "We worship Mammon." But i am not joking at all, see

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
um wait you really think God was involved in your borrowing money at interest and making yourself a slave to a bank for half your life in order to buy a house?
absolutely. There is nothing in which God is not involved, that's why we have the word providence, and is understood by His sovereignty over creation (Christians are not deists.)_