Whose lying?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
ah, well i'm pretty sure that i was just quoting Scripture there, i think it is even red-letter, stating specifically that that person is a "slave," unless i am mistaken. but anyway i came back to say that i did not mean to single M out, pretty sure this house is prolly mortgaged to the rafters too lol. But the point remains that you cannot serve two masters.

And fwiw i would be examining that "what you cannot make fun of" thing, which somehow got twisted into me being cavalier or something, when i do not use money at all, and yet i still say "We worship Mammon." But i am not joking at all, see

Its a proverb that also says the poor are slave to the rich. Which is true if you've ever had a part time job, the less you're paid the more you're treated like a slave. Also Borrowing was different back then, as the borrowers could threaten to throw you in jail. It is better not to be put in such a situation.

Are you aware that Islamic banks get around this legalistic requirement to not collect interest? They still make lots of money.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Are you aware that Islamic banks get around this legalistic requirement to not collect interest? They still make lots of money.
yes, well they can hold their mouths however they like there; it's their story, let them tell it imo. God will not be mocked i guess
other Islamics are protesting the practice, so now we are closer to truth, both posts being categorically valid, right

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is a slave to the lender.
by which i mean that i def see the hand of God working in this ok, but consider that the lesson may be at your expense, or for you.

Isn't it better to acknowledge that you are in a compromised position from past choices, and i guess discharge the debt and understand the lesson? Rather than say "absolutely" the Spirit encouraged you to go into debt for like 1/2 of your years?

now don't get me wrong, i have experienced the Spirit guiding me into stuff that turned out to be imo because i wanted to do that stuff, and the best lesson was to let me experience why it was a bad idea, and it was up to me to work out whether the Spirit was lying and evil, or i was just being an idiot--not too hard to figure out lol--but i suggest that your "absolutely" suggests...um, a currently different reality for you, while whom Scripture calls a slave. These two don't match up iow

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its in the bible, try reading it rather than just writing about it.
for those who don't know how to search the scripture even with a machine, take a look at Psalms 68:4, Isaiah 12:2, Isaiah 26:4, and Isaiah 38:11. Or perhaps we can argue over the accuracy of those verse translations as that will be so much more productive.
Do you know what Yah havah means? Havah was the name given to Adam's helper, Eve. Havah has the meaning "giver (or source) of life". The living God's covenant name was given as Yah the giver of life.
When Moses called his servant Joshua rather than using his given name, Oshea (or Hosea), he was building the "type" of Jesus as conquering king. The difference in the name is a change from "deliverer" to "Yah our savior" (or possibly Yah save us: I don't read Hebrew and fact finding is your job not mine.)
GINOLJC, to all. Yes, I must write about this. "Jesus or Jehovah, AKA Yahweh, or Yah.
#1. Building a Name, is it true or a false name, let's see.
Jehovah and Yahweh all derive from the tetragrammaton. and it roots in H3068
H3050 יָהּ Yahh (yaw) n/p.
1. Yah, the sacred name. short for YAHweh.
2. (also, anglicized) Jah.
KJV: Jah, the Lord, most vehement.
Root(s): H3068

H3068 יְהוָה Yhvah (yeh-vaw') n/p.
יְהוָֹה Yhovah (yeh-ho-vaw')
יְהוֹ Yhow (yeh-ho') {as a prefix}
1. (meaning) the self-Existent or Eternal, the I AM.
2. (person) Yahweh (Yehvah), Jewish national name of God.
3. (anglicized) Jehovah.
4. (as a name prefix) Yeho-.
5. (As expressed in Hebraic Koine Greek) ἐγώ εἰμί, I AM (literally: I myself, I am).
[from H1961]
KJV: Jehovah, the Lord.
Root(s): H1961
so all these false name YAHweh, and Jehovah all lead back to H1961 הָיָה hayah (haw-yaw) v. which is “I AM”. 1. to exist as seen in definition #1 of H3068 above. scripture, Exodus 3:14 "And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel,
I AM hath sent me unto you".
here is your very first ERROR. I AM or H1961 הָיָה hayah (haw-yaw) v. is a VERB, and not a NOUN. personal names are NOUNS, and not verbs. verbs are action words, here, hayah is describing what God is, and not who God is by name. that's your first mistake out the gate and it's a looser. proper name are not VERBS. I suggest you learn something about "WHO" a person is in name vs "WHAT" a person is in Name.

#2. a name is an Identifier, as to what and who you are. we need to clarify the "Truth". the question is, what is God proper/PERSONAL name... as a noun, and not a verb. is it Jehovah, English or Yahweh, or Yah short in Hebrew. well it's neither, Jehovah, nor Yahweh. lets see how they (the Masoretic Jews who translated our bible that we have today) derived those names from the tetragrammaton. the tetragrammaton is a term from the Greek word, τετραγράμματον, meaning, "a word having four letters". It is the Hebrew written word, or four letters, (יהוה), Yodh, He, Waw, He, hence the translation into English, YHWH, or JHVH by some. these four letters, suppose to be the unpronounced name of God. and from these four letters come the man made names Yahweh, Hebrew and Jehovah, English. let's see what the JEWS did in their translation. remember in the definition of H3068 יְהוָה Yah or Jah is the Jewish national name of God, remember that, not WHO God said that his PERSONAL name is. The word "JEHOVAH" was formed by merging the three vowels (e, o, and a) into the Romanized (Latinized) four letter version JHVH to get, JeHoVaH. and the word "YAHWEH" was formed by merging the vowels (a, and e), into the four letter version to get, YaHWeH. so we have the English man made name of God, and the Hebrew man made name of God's supposed unpronounced name. here is the mistake. they, (the translator), added vowels to the four letter consonant, to make up a name to pronounce. one can never add or take away from the WORD of God. they added vowels to give God a personal name, because they knew that YHWH is a verb, and not a noun. and because the suppose name was lost, which the Jews said was forbidden to pronounce, they made a guess at the name where pointers should be. this was a grave mistake on their part. when you add to the word of God you just put the noose around your neck. arbitrarily, the translators injected the vowels into the four letter consonant to come up with the names, "YaHWeH", and, "JeHoVaH", that is in our English bibles today, MAN MADE. one should look up these name, or google expert articles
on this subject. michaelvpardo, you been as Malcolm X said, you have been bamboozle, and hoodwinked on these FALSE MAN MADE names. I suggest you re-read this post for clarity.

be blessed.

Reactions: Truth

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all. Yes, I must write about this. "Jesus or Jehovah, AKA Yahweh, or Yah.

3. (anglicized) Jehovah.
5. (As expressed in Hebraic Koine Greek) ἐγώ εἰμί, I AM (literally: I myself, I am).
[from H1961]
so all these false name YAHweh, and Jehovah all lead back to H1961 הָיָה hayah (haw-yaw) v. which is “I AM”. 1. to exist as seen in definition #1 of H3068 above. scripture, Exodus 3:14 "And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel,
here is your very first ERROR. I AM or H1961 הָיָה hayah (haw-yaw) v. is a VERB, and not a NOUN. personal names are NOUNS, and not verbs. verbs are action words, here, hayah is describing what God is, and not who God is by name. that's your first mistake out the gate and it's a looser. proper name are not VERBS. I suggest you learn something about "WHO" a person is in name vs "WHAT" a person is in Name.

#2. a name is an Identifier, as to what and who you are. we need to clarify the "Truth". the question is, what is God proper/PERSONAL name... as a noun, and not a verb. is it Jehovah, English or Yahweh, or Yah short in Hebrew. well it's neither, Jehovah, nor Yahweh. lets see how they (the Masoretic Jews who translated our bible that we have today) derived those names from the tetragrammaton. the tetragrammaton is a term from the Greek word, τετραγράμματον, meaning, "a word having four letters". It is the Hebrew written word, or four letters, (יהוה), Yodh, He, Waw, He, hence the translation into English, YHWH, or JHVH by some. these four letters, suppose to be the unpronounced name of God. and from these four letters come the man made names Yahweh, Hebrew and Jehovah, English. let's see what the JEWS did in their translation. remember in the definition of H3068 יְהוָה Yah or Jah is the Jewish national name of God, remember that, not WHO God said that his PERSONAL name is. The word "JEHOVAH" was formed by merging the three vowels (e, o, and a) into the Romanized (Latinized) four letter version JHVH to get, JeHoVaH. and the word "YAHWEH" was formed by merging the vowels (a, and e), into the four letter version to get, YaHWeH. so we have the English man made name of God, and the Hebrew man made name of God's supposed unpronounced name. here is the mistake. they, (the translator), added vowels to the four letter consonant, to make up a name to pronounce. one can never add or take away from the WORD of God. they added vowels to give God a personal name, because they knew that YHWH is a verb, and not a noun. and because the suppose name was lost, which the Jews said was forbidden to pronounce, they made a guess at the name where pointers should be. this was a grave mistake on their part. when you add to the word of God you just put the noose around your neck. arbitrarily, the translators injected the vowels into the four letter consonant to come up with the names, "YaHWeH", and, "JeHoVaH", that is in our English bibles today, MAN MADE. one should look up these name, or google expert articles
on this subject. michaelvpardo, you been as Malcolm X said, you have been bamboozle, and hoodwinked on these FALSE MAN MADE names. I suggest you re-read this post for clarity.

be blessed.
why Google anything by

3. (anglicized) Jehovah.
[from H1961]

be blessed.
Jehovah is a man made name combining the Tetragrammaton with the vowels of adonai, but the Holy Spirit hasn't been bamboozled and never will be. I think that I'll stick with what He teaches right up to the sealing of my testimony, but thanks anyway.
Did the Jerusalem council condemn the Lord of glory because of their knowledge of scripture or lack of it?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jehovah is a man made name combining the Tetragrammaton with the vowels of adonai, but the Holy Spirit hasn't been bamboozled and never will be. I think that I'll stick with what He teaches right up to the sealing of my testimony, but thanks anyway.
Did the Jerusalem council condemn the Lord of glory because of their knowledge of scripture or lack of it?
It's not my job to argue with anyone. my Job is to speak the truth. if one reject it fine, it's not on me. it's between you and the Lord at Judgment day. I can't make anyone believe anything. if you're ok in your beliefs that's you, and be ye well. for I rest in the scriptures. Revelation 22:11 "He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still".

Peace in Christ Jesus

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[QUOTE="101G, post: 325267, member: 502
BTW, God has no parents and is eternal so though plenty of people have given Him names, He has no personal name except the ones that He chooses to use and all of them descibe some aspect of who He is. You seem to like Jewish sources, but there is no reliable Jewish source for biblical interpretation since the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus the Christ. Modern orthodox Judaism is practiced by the survivors of those that rejected their messiah and since that time their wisdom is corrupted: Truth is built upon truth like brick laid on brick. Reject the truth 2000 years ago and what stands?
I've read the JPS Tanakh and enjoy its style of prose (the English version), but there's no mistaking the intentional mistranslations as they are all footnoted (as meaning unclear) and all supportive of Christian messianic doctrine. Isaiah chapter 53 isn't even included in the Haftorah. Scholarship does not reveal truth, God does. At least some of my reformed friends have understood that point, that's why one utters the Sh'mah after speaking about any great "discovery" from the scientific community.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not my job to argue with anyone. my Job is to speak the truth. if one reject it fine, it's not on me. it's between you and the Lord at Judgment day. I can't make anyone believe anything. if you're ok in your beliefs that's you, and be ye well. for I rest in the scriptures. Revelation 22:11 "He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still".

Peace in Christ Jesus
sounds very deep, but the scribes and Pharisees rested in scripture and still condemned the Lord of glory. I think I'll just go on resting in peace, the gift of the Lord my righteousness, through faith in His Son, Jesus the Christ.

Reactions: H. Richard

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

3. (anglicized) Jehovah.
[from H1961]

be blessed.

Well Represented!!! I agree! I have been through the different Names, wanting to know the NAME has been a struggle, so do you have a preference? For those who Call upon the Name Of ? Shall be saved!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well Represented!!! I agree! I have been through the different Names, wanting to know the NAME has been a struggle, so do you have a preference? For those who Call upon the Name Of ? Shall be saved!
GINOLJC, first thanks for the response and the question. your ANSWER, "JESUS".

God give us his name. Matthew 1:21 "And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins". Acts 4:10-12 "Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole. This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner. Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved".

this name Jesus in the English is the transliteration of the Hebrew name "Yeshua". it is written Yod-Shin-Vav-Ayin, it is a masculine noun that means, "He is salvation" or "He saves”. for only God SAVES. in the Greek, it's G2424 Ἰησοῦς Iesous (ee-ay-sous`). it's roots, Hebrew origin (H3091), and from here is where other false name arise on their own, man made.

make a note of this, the name was in use before the child was conceived, not before the child was born, but BEFORE conception, what a God. Luke 2:21" And when eight days were accomplished for the circumcising of the child, his name was called JESUS, which was so named of the angel before he was conceived in the womb”.

the name was embedded in the word "Salvation" in the OT. here's some inside information to show that the Personal name of God was not Given Directly to man but was to come, or be revealed later when he Manifested in flesh Personally. Isaiah 52:6 "Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I". if God name was already know as some claim, why did God himself say in THAT DAY his people shall know his man. shall is a future tense designation. why, because he never gave his PERSONAL NAME. but THAT DAY have come. he said, "in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I". here's that DAY, John 8:24 "I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins". yes, "I am he, some people, even today, still don't believe.

Yes, the name JESUS is where by men be saved.
hope this help, and be blessed.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
absolutely, yes
According to the scriptures those "IN CHRIST" have been, (already accomplish), set free of their sinful nature of the flesh. A person's efforts to not sin will not get them into heaven. It took the work of God on the cross. Accept it; Jesus has already paid for the sins of the whole world.. The scriptures say so.

Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
According to the scriptures those "IN CHRIST" have been, (already accomplish), set free of their sinful nature of the flesh. A person's efforts to not sin will not get them into heaven. It took the work of God on the cross. Accept it; Jesus has already paid for the sins of the whole world.. The scriptures say so.
ever notice how it doesn't matter to an unrepentant guilty party if they have been forgiven or not, as they are going to separate themselves anyway? So you can posit that a little proclamation in front of a congregation can set one free of their sin nature if you like, but a million plus Hebrews walked through the door covered in blood and left Egypt "free men," ok, but only two of them made it.
Many are called, but few are chosen.

"According to the scriptures those "IN CHRIST" have been, (already accomplish), set free of their sinful nature of the flesh."
"A person's efforts to not sin will not get them into heaven."

but wait--i thought they had already been set free of their sin nature? Which is it?

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ever notice how it doesn't matter to an unrepentant guilty party if they have been forgiven or not, as they are going to separate themselves anyway? So you can posit that a little proclamation in front of a congregation can set one free of their sin nature if you like, but a million plus Hebrews walked through the door covered in blood and left Egypt "free men," ok, but only two of them made it.
Many are called, but few are chosen.

"According to the scriptures those "IN CHRIST" have been, (already accomplish), set free of their sinful nature of the flesh."
"A person's efforts to not sin will not get them into heaven."

but wait--i thought they had already been set free of their sin nature? Which is it?

The only sin that condemns in this age of God's grace is the sin of unbelief. To not believe Jesus has already paid for the person's sins of the flesh.

Faith + nothing. Do not be deceived. God knows those that have placed their faith in Him and His work on the cross.

Eph 2:7-9
7 that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.
8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,
9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.
NKJV

The above is another scripture that the works crowd wants us to forget.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
wanting to know the NAME has been a struggle, so do you have a preference? For those who Call upon the Name Of ? Shall be saved!
a rhetorical device is being used there, to imply that a different kind of "calling" other than "with your mouth" be used imo

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
The only sin that condemns in this age of God's grace is the sin of unbelief. To not believe Jesus has already paid for the person's sins of the flesh.

Faith + nothing. Do not be deceived. God knows those that have placed their faith in Him and His work on the cross.
yes, because they do the works of God, as it is written in the Bible.

Many will cry "Lord, Lord," see, all of them "believers."

Reactions: Truth