WHY ARE MANY OF US STILL HERE?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Don't worry unbelievers, your sins are atoned for too, and God did not change His mind.
We will still have to reap what we have sown though, just like everyone else.

The hardest thing you will ever do is accept undeserved forgiveness bc you have no other choice

Reactions: Waiting on him

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, i know this is maybe a radical suggestion, but being how this is nominally what is usually deemed a "conversation," maybe you could reply to the post? But I did my best to make that rhetorical-ish too, in case you prefer to go that route; there at the end? As I'm not sure how you were ritually baptised, and let's be honest prolly like no one really pays attention in that moment I guess.

I'm retarded, which makes me hyper-aware I guess, so I just asked him what he said lol. Duh.
Brother, I don't even know what you're talking about.

Baptism biting the dust? What is that?

Feels like beating a dead horse though.

Much love!
Mark

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This has been going on for thousands of years

So? It is clear from the text of Revelation that there will be a new kind of evil operating. I can guess, but I'd only be guessing that it will be something not yet seen in the way of evil. Probably has something to do with the Mark of the Beast.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
So? It is clear from the text of Revelation that there will be a new kind of evil operating. I can guess, but I'd only be guessing that it will be something not yet seen in the way of evil. Probably has something to do with the Mark of the Beast.
Good that the pilgrim church will not pass through the Great Tribulation of Matthew 24.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a reference to believers in Troas meeting to "break bread" (celebrate communion)
In Acts 20:7, "breaking bread" is often rigidly interpreted as "communion" (which, it is claimed, establishes that this was a "sacred Sunday church service" in which communion service was part), but Acts 2:46 is clear that they "broke bread" daily house to house, which cannot refer to "communion" for that would mean they had communion every day in everyone's house. Acts 20:7 is nothing more than a post-Sabbath (Saturday night) fellowship meal at which Paul preached what many thought would be his last message to them before his departure at the very first light Sunday morning, which means there was no Sunday morning service.
which means on the "first day of the week" which would have been Sunday.
Since a Bible day begins at sunset, that means the "first day of the week" began as the Sabbath sun set. It is then these Christians got together and remained all night, which made necessary the "many lights burning". The chapter is there not to establish a new day of worship, but to document the MIRACLE resurrection of Eutycus (Acts 20:7)
But I agree that the earliest believers, especially because they were Jewish, likely worshiped on the Sabbath, if they did not meet every day, which apparently many did as it is mentioned in Scripture. (Acts 2:42-47).
It is more than "likely", it is FACT, according to church historians, that Christians everywhere in the world kept the Sabbath (and in some places Sunday as well), but the only two place this didn't happen was in Alexandrian and Rome, major operational hubs for the kingdom of Satan.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you saying Christians must observe Saturday as sabbath?
Must Christians observe "thou shalt not kill" and "thou shalt not commit adultery", and does observing the spirit of those two commandments - not hating and not lusting immorally - in any way shape or form void our obligation to not kill people and not enter into adulterous relationships?

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In Acts 20:7, "breaking bread" is often rigidly interpreted as "communion" (which, it is claimed, establishes that this was a "sacred Sunday church service" in which communion service was part), but Acts 2:46 is clear that they "broke bread" daily house to house, which cannot refer to "communion" for that would mean they had communion every day in everyone's house. Acts 20:7 is nothing more than a post-Sabbath (Saturday night) fellowship meal at which Paul preached what many thought would be his last message to them before his departure at the very first light Sunday morning, which means there was no Sunday morning service.
Since a Bible day begins at sunset, that means the "first day of the week" began as the Sabbath sun set. It is then these Christians got together and remained all night, which made necessary the "many lights burning". The chapter is there not to establish a new day of worship, but to document the MIRACLE resurrection of Eutycus (Acts 20:7) It is more than "likely", it is FACT, according to church historians, that Christians everywhere in the world kept the Sabbath (and in some places Sunday as well), but the only two place this didn't happen was in Alexandrian and Rome, major operational hubs for the kingdom of Satan.

Why such an angry tone, Phoneman? There is no need, I wasn't arguing with you. But, you should realize that there was unlikely to be rigid Sabbath observance because the Gentile churches were not told to do Sabbath observance in the short list of instructions given by the Jerusalem Council (see Acts 15:28-29).

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So then you are not away of the differing opinions by the various Jewish scholars on what the actual calendar day is?

You can read more here.

If there is uncertainty over which day of the week it should be, then how can you be sure you are actually keeping the Sabbath? Not to mention, the very same Law that requires the keeping of the Sabbath also requires sacrifices to be offered. Yet there is no temple, and no altar, and no priesthood, therefore, how can you sacrifice?

And how can you show your sores to the priest? Where is your Levitical priest? By what authority do you declare some of God's Law's to be valid, and some not?

Much love!
mark
The U.S. Naval Observatory has stated officially that there's never been a change in the weekly cycle.

There's no uncertainty about which day is the Sabbath. It is the seventh day of the week, which Jesus observed, which immediately precedes the day of the Sun which has been well preserved for the last 2,000 years in well documented historic calendars, and is known in over 100 languages around the world as "Sabbath", eg:

Spanish: "sabado"
Russian: "suboda"
German: "zabat"

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The "law of liberty" cannot be the Mosiac Law, which is bondage, according to Galatians, not liberty.
You're right, the Law of Liberty has nothing to do with what Moses wrote - it has to do with what God wrote with His own finger in stone, symbolizing the eternal nature of what He wrote, since the violation of them will always be considered "sin" unlike violation of the Mosaic Law which is not at all "sin" - it's the same law which James speaks of contextually with the same breath molecules swirling about his head - the one that deals with killkng and adultery - the Ten Commandments.

Do you see how when truth is spoken, it does not require paragraph after paragraph of convoluted logic to make "up" down and "down" up?

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Samedi in French. :)

But I don't know the origin of the word. It could be the French form of the English, Saturday which unfortunately shows the influence of pagan Rome in that it means "day of Saturn".

Last edited:

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why such an angry tone, Phoneman? There is no need, I wasn't arguing with you. But, you should realize that there was unlikely to be rigid Sabbath observance because the Gentile churches were not told to do Sabbath observance in the short list of instructions given by the Jerusalem Council (see Acts 15:28-29).
Not angry. There are many here who have been conditioned to twist verses to make them teach what they don't, so I say most of that for their benefit and opportunity to respond.

The Jerusalem council didn't tell people not to sleep around with each other's wives either...because they knew the Ten Commandments were just as binding then as they were all along.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're right, the Law of Liberty has nothing to do with what Moses wrote - it has to do with what God wrote with His own finger in stone, symbolizing the eternal nature of what He wrote, since the violation of them will always be considered "sin" unlike violation of the Mosaic Law which is not at all "sin" - it's the same law which James speaks of contextually with the same breath molecules swirling about his head - the one that deals with killkng and adultery - the Ten Commandments.

Do you see how when truth is spoken, it does not require paragraph after paragraph of convoluted logic to make "up" down and "down" up?

And there you are parsing the law again. By what authority do you claim some laws must be kept, and others not?

There's no changing up and down here, I'm simply asking you to show me in the Bible where we can divide the law into the parts you do, and the parts you don't. Especially considering James declares the Law to be a single unit. Break one, you've broken the covenant.

Much love!
Mark

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Jerusalem council didn't tell people not to sleep around with each other's wives either...because they knew the Ten Commandments were just as binding then as they were all along.

Yes, actually they did. They told the Gentile churches to "refrain from sexual immorality."

Reactions: farouk