Why are the 7 Churches in Revelation each greeted differently...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ohhh that just brings up another question .....is this where people get the idea tha Revelation is specifically addressed to the Jewish people only?
Perhaps.

But that would contradict much of what is written: namely, the "things which must shortly take place" revealed to John, and the "adoption" of the gentiles reiterated by Paul, according to the promise given to Abraham that in his seed "all the nations of the earth shall be blessed."

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One other thing I want to share...I heard preacher on that video say that there were more than 7 churches. The Roman Church, and Jesus Church are all I remember him saying....but what about the church of the Corinthians, the Phillippians, etc...why are they left out.
Something else He pointed out is that everything in Revelation comes in 7....7 stars, 7 spirits, 7 candlesticks, 7 churches, 7 angels, 7 trumpets, 7 seals, 7 bowls......and many more....how interesting.

The seven candlesticks are... the seven Churches, our Lord Jesus said. So they fit a pattern that's actually in Heaven. That's what the seven Messages are too, patterns, to be applied to all Churches. One or more of the patterns will fit any Christian Church that it is compared to. So in essence, our Lord Jesus was showing us how to recognize what is being taught, what He is pleased with, and what He isn't.

Reactions: Heart2Soul