Why are the 7 Churches in Revelation each greeted differently...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One other thing I want to share...I heard preacher on that video say that there were more than 7 churches. The Roman Church, and Jesus Church are all I remember him saying....but what about the church of the Corinthians, the Phillippians, etc...why are they left out.
Something else He pointed out is that everything in Revelation comes in 7....7 stars, 7 spirits, 7 candlesticks, 7 churches, 7 angels, 7 trumpets, 7 seals, 7 bowls......and many more....how interesting.
Maybe referring to these seven epistles spoken by Christ himself.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The structure of Revelation also reflects the way another book of the bible is structured. (But, I won't spoil that for you. I am convinced that soon enough you will discover that for yourself.)
I believe I have just been challenged.. lol. Oh come on Willie just go ahead a say it. :D

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The structure of Revelation also reflects the way another book of the bible is structured. (But, I won't spoil that for you. I am convinced that soon enough you will discover that for yourself.)
Daniel...

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One other thing I want to share...I heard preacher on that video say that there were more than 7 churches. The Roman Church, and Jesus Church are all I remember him saying....but what about the church of the Corinthians, the Phillippians, etc...why are they left out.
Something else He pointed out is that everything in Revelation comes in 7....7 stars, 7 spirits, 7 candlesticks, 7 churches, 7 angels, 7 trumpets, 7 seals, 7 bowls......and many more....how interesting.
The other churches were given over to the gentiles. But Revelation was given to John an apostle to Israel...not that the gentiles were not "quickly" grafted into Israel thereafter, but the two were scattered over one generation according to the great commission.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The other churches were given over to the gentiles. But Revelation was given to John an apostle to Israel...not that the gentiles were not "quickly" grafted into Israel thereafter, but the two were scattered over one generation according to the great commission.
Ohhh that just brings up another question .....is this where people get the idea tha Revelation is specifically addressed to the Jewish people only?

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ohhh that just brings up another question .....is this where people get the idea tha Revelation is specifically addressed to the Jewish people only?
Well Daniel is the only book that parallels the book of Revelation that I am aware of anyway.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because it was. It may apply to the entire world, but it WAS "addressed" to a specific group. Just as all the other specifically addressed books of the Bible may hold lots of things for all people in every generation, they were each written TO certain addressees.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because it was. It may apply to the entire world, but it WAS "addressed" to a specific group. Just as all the other specifically addressed books of the Bible may hold lots of things for all people in every generation, they were each written TO certain addressees.
Willie this just does not compute....so the Gentile churches have no part of Revelation?