Why are there so many versions of the Bible?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Don't you EVER tire of being proven wrong??

As i have repeatedly shown you - preaching about Christ's Church is preaching about CHRIST Himself.
Looks like another Bible lesson is in order . . .
YEs but thats not your church no matter how loud you scream. God is spirit your church is carnal, Think about it.

And Jesus gave no man permission to do it for Him.

All te hother chirches quielty go about there business, but you lo have to yell really loud to try defend a lie.

And, until you can show me WHEN you think the Catholic church was created - you have NO case because I have already shown that the Church established by Christ was already being called "The Catholic Church" by the end of the FIRST century. Oh, and i'll need historical documentation from you to prove your point.
I was born and raised a catholic i know what i have seeing. Looks nothing like Christ.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Catholic Church is the true Church, but not the only church with truths. There is no historical evidence of the Church falling away, and we have God's promise that would never happen. All baptized Protestants are regarded as Christians according to the Catholic Church. Nobody owns the truth.

"CATHOLIC" IN THE BIBLE
"Catholic" is a divine attribute or characteristic, it is not a name for a denomination. It comes from the Greek word Katholikos, which was later Latinized into Catholicus.

It means 'Universal', which in itself means, 'of or relating to, or affecting the entire world and ALL peoples therein'. It means, ALL encompassing, comprehensibly broad, general, and containing ALL that is necessary. In summation, it means ALL people in ALL places, having ALL that is necessary, and for ALL time.

But is it Biblical?
It is clearly infered in Matthew 28:19-20, "Go, therefore and make disciples of ALL nations...teaching them to observe ALL that I have commanded you; And behold, I am with you ALL days, even unto the consummation of the world."
That is a statement of Universality, Katholicos, Catholicus, Catholic.

Rom. 1:8 First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for all of you, because your faith is proclaimed (KATanggeletai) in all the world.(en HOLO to kosmo)

Acts 9:31 "So the church throughout all Judea and Galilee and Sama'ria had peace and was built up; and walking in the fear of the Lord and in the comfort of the Holy Spirit it was multiplied.

There the words "church throughout all" is translated from the Greek words "Ecclesia KATAHOLIS"

Thus the word KATAHOLOS or Catholic in English originated from Scripture - Romans 1:8, and Acts 9:31

But it was after St. Ignatius, third bishop of Antioch (trained by St. John the Apostle) that the term Catholic Church became used more and more to designate the true church.

"Where the Bishop appears, there let the people be, just as where Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church."
St. Ignatius of Antioch's letter to the Smyrneans, paragraph 8, of 106 A.D.,
Surely the term was used before he wrote his letter.

Other written records where "Catholic" is found:
Martyrdom of St. Polycarp 155AD;
Clement of Alexandria, Stromateis 202AD;
Cyprian, Unity of the Catholic Church 251AD;
Cyprian, Letter to Florentius, 254AD

"Christian is my name, and Catholic my surname. The one designates me, while the other makes me specific. Thus am I attested and set apart... When we are called Catholics it is by this appellation that our people are kept apart from any heretical name."
Saint Pacian of Barcelona, Letter to Sympronian, 375 A.D.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Catholic Church is the true Church, but not the only church with truths. There is no historical evidence of the Church falling away, and we have God's promise that would never happen. All baptized Protestants are regarded as Christians according to the Catholic Church. Nobody owns the truth.
You can harp on about it all you like, you cannot turn a lie into teh truth. His true church, is made up of all believers form every nation who have received Him and the Holy Spirit whom God gives to all who believe. Your chruch has being persecuting His church since its very beginning and even so today, she is teh ugly sister trying to vie for Christ teh Husband of the ture Bride, and Christ Knows those whom are His no matter where they are. His "church" is made up of spiritualy minded people whom only follow Christ.

But your churches days are numbered

Luk 18:7 And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?

Rev_6:10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

and your church thinks she has everything

Rev 3:17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

Rev 18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
Rev 18:5 For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.
Rev 18:6 Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double.
Rev 18:7 How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.
Rev 18:8 Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her.

I hope you are not there when it happens.

PS. your church does not"own: God He belongs to everyone.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
ha please, it is happening right now, virtually every municipality that you can reference is worse than broke, they are way in the red, and 65 million people or more now have left Est'd Religion. Catholic borders are collapsing quicker than anyone else's, they are leading the way. We are witnessing the Scepter being passed. The snake is now well into eating its own tail. It is acknowledged that the world owes several trillion dollars to...someone. It is useless to pretend you are not a part of that, or above it somehow, if in your heart a million dollars is what would make you the happiest. Better to acknowledge that, and mourn imo, than to pretend it is viable while still being above it somehow.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What's the matter,

mjrhealth said:
You can harp on about it all you like, you cannot turn a lie into teh truth. His true church, is made up of all believers form every nation who have received Him and the Holy Spirit whom God gives to all who believe. Your chruch has being persecuting His church since its very beginning and even so today, she is teh ugly sister trying to vie for Christ teh Husband of the ture Bride, and Christ Knows those whom are His no matter where they are. His "church" is made up of spiritualy minded people whom only follow Christ.

Luk 18:7 And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?

Rev_6:10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

and your church thinks she has everything

Rev 3:17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

Rev 18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
Rev 18:5 For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.
Rev 18:6 Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double.
Rev 18:7 How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.
Rev 18:8 Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her.

What's the matter, mjr? Did I step on a nerve? Is that why you made no reply to what I said, or comment on my Scriptures? So instead of thinking, you gave the standard paranoid fundie hate rant that makes no sense? Your whore duh babble-on psychosis has been refuted 1000 different ways, and not just by Catholics. Try reading something other than a Jackkk Chickkk comic, something authoritive that feeds your mind, not your hate addiction.

Provide scholarly documentation for all this persecution Catholics are allegedly guilty of and I will discuss it with you, or stop bearing false witness, a violation of the 8th Commandment. And while you are searching, which you are unable to do anyway, find out who killed the first 40 popes, and find out who killed 3 million Catholics in Poland, and find out who recently wiped out most of the Catholics in Syria. You are so far from reality I must be an idiot for replying to you.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
bbyrd009 said:
ha please, it is happening right now, virtually every municipality that you can reference is worse than broke, they are way in the red, and 65 million people or more now have left Est'd Religion. Catholic borders are collapsing quicker than anyone else's, they are leading the way. We are witnessing the Scepter being passed. The snake is now well into eating its own tail. It is acknowledged that the world owes several trillion dollars to...someone. It is useless to pretend you are not a part of that, or above it somehow, if in your heart a million dollars is what would make you the happiest. Better to acknowledge that, and mourn imo, than to pretend it is viable while still being above it somehow.
Critics keep announcing the Church's imminent demise. If only they realised that numbers have doubled since 1970 – and are still rising.
http://www.catholicherald.co.uk/issues/september-9th-2016/catholicisms-incredible-growth-story/

The Vatican recently released information that says that the number of Catholics have increased at an exponential rate, even faster than the world population.
http://www.worldreligionnews.com/issues/is-the-catholic-church-experiencing-exponential-growth-or-declining

PF_13.02.13_Global-Catholics_chart-1.png

There's a major global shift happening in the Catholic Church
http://www.christiantoday.com/article/washington.protesters.vow.to.fight.for.civil.rights.under.trump/103879.htm

bbyrd009, watch you don't pull a muscle shaking your fists at the historic institutional CHURCH founded by Christ.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
YEs but thats not your church no matter how loud you scream. God is spirit your church is carnal, Think about it.

And Jesus gave no man permission to do it for Him.

All te hother chirches quielty go about there business, but you lo have to yell really loud to try defend a lie.

I was born and raised a catholic i know what i have seeing. Looks nothing like Christ.
And you have YET to show me when you think the Catholic church was created. You also need to point me to the Protestant denomination that actually IS the Church He established.
Until you can do that - you have NO case because I have already shown that the Church established by Christ was already being called "The Catholic Church" by the end of the FIRST century. And I'll need historical documentation from you to prove your point.

See - you're full of hot wind and ignorance - but ZERO evidence for your claims . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:

Until YOU can prove that it is a lie - you lose.
On the other hand - we have already proven that it is the truth.

Look, son - you don't have a Scriptural or historical leg to stand on. You have a lot of hateful and resentful hot wind - but no evidence.
I have asked you repeatedly to tell me WHEN the Catholic Church was established - if NOT by Jesus and the Apostles. I asked you to point me to the "True" Church - and you have failed at that as well.

You make the unbiblical claim that the true Church is made up of "ALL" believers.
Can you give me the Chapter and Verse that corroborates this claim??

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
kepha31 said:
Critics keep announcing the Church's imminent demise. If only they realised that numbers have doubled since 1970 – and are still rising.
http://www.catholicherald.co.uk/issues/september-9th-2016/catholicisms-incredible-growth-story/

The Vatican recently released information that says that the number of Catholics have increased at an exponential rate, even faster than the world population.
http://www.worldreligionnews.com/issues/is-the-catholic-church-experiencing-exponential-growth-or-declining

PF_13.02.13_Global-Catholics_chart-1.png

There's a major global shift happening in the Catholic Church
http://www.christiantoday.com/article/washington.protesters.vow.to.fight.for.civil.rights.under.trump/103879.htm

bbyrd009, watch you don't pull a muscle shaking your fists at the historic institutional CHURCH founded by Christ.
please, their shutting down dioceses left and right, and offering incentives to people to become priests now. May as well be granting indulgences. Don't kid yourself. Paul told me all i need to know about your historic, institutional, fleshly, church, ok. "I know that as soon as i leave, the wolves will come in." And i mean no offense here, the RCC likely does some good, too. But they are not the Church of Living Stones, no matter how hard you wish for that. They just want to be seen as the arbiter of the Church, like you are doing. If this makes you feel justified, then keep doing it. As for myself, i see the enemy, in the mirror, every morning. If you are beyond that now, then congrachalations. Read some of BoL's Pontificating Tripe, all that "God Complex" stuff up there, and see what you are thinly covering.

The numbers you quote are completely controlled by the Vatican, but i can see the truth by walking into any diocese. This is strikingly similar to how "the economy" is doing better than ever, right, breaking records every day now--only people are no longer even involved, and they seem to have become more of an impediment, everyone is buying robots now. Maybe the RCC is expanding its borders, and more is the pity, perhaps. We have 3 1/2 times the people on the planet now as we did then, so i guess it is all in what frame you want to use. But if you are leading me anywhere near anything BoL believes, well ty anyway but i can get all that from tv and politics, i see no difference.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the Church has been growing faster in the middle East and China than anywhere else in the world. Men will fight for many things, even for their own will, but how many things is a man willing to die for?
The blood of the martyrs is the seed of the Church.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And you have YET to show me when you think the Catholic church was created. You also need to point me to the Protestant denomination that actually IS the Church He established.
Until you can do that - you have NO case because I have already shown that the Church established by Christ was already being called "The Catholic Church" by the end of the FIRST century. And I'll need historical documentation from you to prove your point.

See - you're full of hot wind and ignorance - but ZERO evidence for your claims . .
Claims, you have proved "nothing, years of History of your church is all the evidence we need to show she cannot possibly be the Lords Church. You still want us to believe a lie, id have to reject Christ to accept your truth, soeey you are on your own, Can you imagine teh Lords Chruch killing Christians that belong to Him.........Can you imaginge Jesus beating people into submission to join His church even to teh point of torture. Who do you think your God is?????

History is there , open your eyes.

Joh 9:39 And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.
Joh 9:40 And some of the Pharisees which were with him heard these words, and said unto him, Are we blind also?
Joh 9:41 Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Now if you choose to continue this question about your church, than start another topic, this has gone way off track. as the yusually do.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Michael V Pardo said:
the Church has been growing faster in the middle East and China than anywhere else in the world. Men will fight for many things, even for their own will, but how many things is a man willing to die for?
The blood of the martyrs is the seed of the Church.
"those you will wish to be someday are risking their lives in schemes of peaceful resistance" ya

but when a Muslim says that, it's different though right :rolleyes:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
Claims, you have proved "nothing, years of History of your church is all the evidence we need to show she cannot possibly be the Lords Church. You still want us to believe a lie, id have to reject Christ to accept your truth, soeey you are on your own, Can you imagine teh Lords Chruch killing Christians that belong to Him.........Can you imaginge Jesus beating people into submission to join His church even to teh point of torture. Who do you think your God is?????

History is there , open your eyes.

Joh 9:39 And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.
Joh 9:40 And some of the Pharisees which were with him heard these words, and said unto him, Are we blind also?
Joh 9:41 Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.
TRANSLATION: "I have absolutely NO idea when the Catholic church was created - and I can't telly you which Protestant denomination is the Church established by Christ."

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
Now if you choose to continue this question about your church, than start another topic, this has gone way off track. as the yusually do.
Hey - I came here to discuss the different versions of the Bible.
It was YOU and your fellow anti-Catholics who turned it into a Catholic-bashing thread.

If you want a thread to stay ON topic - then don't go off the rails . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
bbyrd009 said:
please, their shutting down dioceses left and right, and offering incentives to people to become priests now. May as well be granting indulgences. Don't kid yourself. Paul told me all i need to know about your historic, institutional, fleshly, church, ok. "I know that as soon as i leave, the wolves will come in." And i mean no offense here, the RCC likely does some good, too. But they are not the Church of Living Stones, no matter how hard you wish for that. They just want to be seen as the arbiter of the Church, like you are doing. If this makes you feel justified, then keep doing it. As for myself, i see the enemy, in the mirror, every morning. If you are beyond that now, then congrachalations. Read some of BoL's Pontificating Tripe, all that "God Complex" stuff up there, and see what you are thinly covering.

The numbers you quote are completely controlled by the Vatican, but i can see the truth by walking into any diocese. This is strikingly similar to how "the economy" is doing better than ever, right, breaking records every day now--only people are no longer even involved, and they seem to have become more of an impediment, everyone is buying robots now. Maybe the RCC is expanding its borders, and more is the pity, perhaps. We have 3 1/2 times the people on the planet now as we did then, so i guess it is all in what frame you want to use. But if you are leading me anywhere near anything BoL believes, well ty anyway but i can get all that from tv and politics, i see no difference.
Well - you got ONE thing right in your little diatribe.

Ummmmm . . . "congrachalations" . . .

Nov 3, 2012
Portugal
Faith
Christian
Country
Portugal
BreadOfLife said:
Well - you got ONE thing right in your little diatribe.

mmmmm . . . "congrachalations" . . .
You picked the wrong thing to highlight in red letters BoL. byrd is just being humble by admitting he see's the enemy in the mirror in the morning. Any christian catholic or protestant that has the Spirit of the Living GoD living in them will have this realization that their own flesh(body) which strives and fights against the Spirit and causes them to stumble and sin is not a good thing. It's scriptural to say that you can be your own worst enemy even worse than the devil, because you are the one that chooses to sin, not him.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
brokentuningfork said:
You picked the wrong thing to highlight in red letters BoL. byrd is just being humble by admitting he see's the enemy in the mirror in the morning. Any christian catholic or protestant that has the Spirit of the Living GoD living in them will have this realization that their own flesh(body) which strives and fights against the Spirit and causes them to stumble and sin is not a good thing. It's scriptural to say that you can be your own worst enemy even worse than the devil, because you are the one that chooses to sin, not him.
Uhhhh - No.
Anti-Catholic attacks and bearing false witness are what's sinful. I just expose them.

Status
Not open for further replies.