Why aren't you struggling with this question

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isn't that kind of who Jesus asked us to seek out? Actually, you were just describing about half of my therapy group members for a couple of decades, plus.
"asked" ?
"that kind" ?
"couple of decades" ?

David Wilkerson had well known success , Corrie ten Boom also, and possibly Keith Green, and maybe Nora Lam, .... and others not so well known - in fact not known beyond their town of city .... except known by a few ....

I don't remember any of them being asked. (other than "who will I send" , and not sure that is pertinent or applicable (just remembered that) ) ....

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The man thus far has never spoken directly to me at all... so I would not include me in 'give-and-take' basis. I have only posted one post on this thread prior to this one.
I didn't mean to throw everyone into the same pot. Sorry, I just wanted to state that he seems unreasonable and unmalleable. He's not acknowledging other views on any level, and thus, I question either his understanding in general, or his intent.
Either way, sorry Amadues, I just mean to address anyone that may come across this thread, as a warning. Not to accuse everyone (as it did come across).
But, because no progress has been made, I question either, everyone's methodology, or judgement on this? ...I know, who's everyone, right?

Last edited:

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But, because no progress has been made, I question everyone's methodology, or judgement on this?
Okay, tangent then also: The woman in Scripture who spent all her money for her lifetime, or for many years, on doctors, and they did not help her...

Did anyone ever question whether they also should keep spending money on doctors who don't help ? Did anyone decide and seek and find doctors or other healing practitioners (valid ones, proven ones) who had success, with or without money ?

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Okay, tangent then also: The woman in Scripture who spent all her money for her lifetime, or for many years, on doctors, and they did not help her...

Did anyone ever question whether they also should keep spending money on doctors who don't help ? Did anyone decide and seek and find doctors or other healing practitioners (valid ones, proven ones) who had success, with or without money ?
We assume, like everyone with friends and families, she received many opinions on how to go about her health issues. As in, whether or not to continue with secular medicine, or seek magicians and other faith healers.
At what point did she recognize the futility of her efforts, it's not the same issue at hand, necessarily. The practice of medicine was rather primitive back then, and still in its development stages (still is today).
But perceiving a difficult and unrelenting person, requires wisdom, which has been around in perfection before the world began. That is, contrary to woman with the issue of blood, the evidence is clearly before us.
Kicking against the goads would be a more appropriate tangent, or analogy.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ron,
Since your profile says we both live here in the same city, we will have to get together sometime after Mayor Kriseman opens a few places up. I just have to believe you are smarter than you sound.
He's not, really! I'm not trying to be disparaging, but there's nothing in his rhetoric to prove otherwise.
He's contradictory and impetuously abusive. I want to respond to him and address the issues, but I can't for the life of me imagine that he'll give a reasonable rebuttal, if I get one at all?

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Somehow, when he typed his location, it got fouled-up. And when you click on his "location", it comes up showing a map just a few miles from my house.
(I have no idea where he lives, but I suspect it is not where that map shows.)
No, he's deluded. He wrote star intentionally because that's how he perceives himself - from a superior planet. He has claimed several times of his superiority to all others. How he has the power of the spirit in him, and why he doesn't need the Bible. He is promoting himself!

Reactions: Helen and Willie T

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why should I read the bible when I have the Spirit of God right here? The Spirit of God is inside me and not the Bible, or did you forget that fact?
You would know nothing of Christ or "The Spirit of God" without Scripture.

Tell us all about these things, without using Biblical doctrine and/or alluding to its truths.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't mean to throw everyone into the same pot. Sorry, I just wanted to state that he seems unreasonable and unmalleable. He's not acknowledging other views on any level, and thus, I question either his understanding in general, or his intent.
Either way, sorry Amadues, I just mean to address anyone that may come across this thread, as a warning. Not to accuse everyone (as it did come across).
But, because no progress has been made, I question either everyone's methodology, or judgement on this? ...I know, who's everyone, right?
I understand and realize your purpose. Just wanted you to understand which apparently you do.

We must also give consideration the purpose of others. We are not all the same part of the Body of Christ and need to strive to follow His lead for us even if it may rub others a little bit [or a lot?] the wrong way.
Give God the glory my friend!

Reactions: DNB

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christians have the New Covenant!

Hebrews 8:13
13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He may be gone..maybe someone kept the door open for him and helped him to leave...his profile page has gone now.
It appears his profile says the user limits those who may view his profile.

But, his profile status does say "I just want to leave" so...:D

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Is Christ the end all or is he an enabler for those who want to follow the law? Answer, he is an enabler. His power enables those who wish to follow to law to follow it and his blood enables those who wish to but can't fully to to saved under the law by providing forgiveness. Therefore, it is following the law that saves rather than Christ alone. Simply put, you receive salvation through Christ, but Christ is not the salvation! Rather, he is the means through which you receive salvation, and that salvation is abiding by the will of God
thank you two
with the two bickerin.. i meant debating
an outsider like me can now see who was wrong and who was right truly not all debate are vain it is fruitful for outsiders

christ is the salvation he is the only way for it is written he is the truth and the life

Mike Waters

Jan 8, 2020
Holt
slideshowart2.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Interesting thread started by a person who may well have been through many of the following thought processes that have pervaded much of my own pathway.

If God intended 'post Christ' mankind to be text book led (as had been the Mediterranean Abrahamic descendants) then:
1) Would he have waited 3-4 centuries, and then used post apostolic religious and secular dignitaries to determine what should comprise the authoritative canon of an extension of what we call the 'Old Testament'?
2) Is there not significance in the fact that Christ himself never committed a single word to writing?
3) Would not God have ensured the preservation of at least most (if not all) of the original 'New Testament' manuscripts?
4) Would God have overseen the production of a new 'Text Book Extension' that was so prone to arbitrary interpretation as to have led to thousands upon thousands of "Only we have seen the light" sects, cults, and denominations?
5) Would God really have 'authored' a theory such as that whereby inhabitants of distant parts of our universe would be condemned to eternal torment in Hellfire simply because they had never seen a 'Bible' or heard and accepted what we call the Gospel Message of Christ and his sacrificial salvation?
6) Etc.,etc., (I could write a book based on such questions).

HOWEVER, my perceived faith eventually had to conclude that:
a) God really is GOD in an absolute and sovereign sense that transcends man's comprehension.
b) Christ became incarnate for the purpose of exemplifying God to mankind, explaining the 'Kingdom of Heaven', and atoning for the entirety of mankind's inherent sin (past, present, and future).
c) The real 'Word of God' is hidden like a treasure, and is to be found by rightfully dividing the written and spoken 'words of man'.
d) Notwithstanding words which appear to suggest otherwise, the efficiency of Christ's atonement for sin, is not dependant on prior knowledge and acceptance.
e) God allowed and allows 'man' to "Create God in man's various imaginations", including such religions, denominations, writings, creeds, etc., as were necessary to ensure the perpetuation of 'faith' throughout the ravages of the 'Dark Ages', the 'Age of Enlightenment', the 'Reformation', and the denominational explosion that followed the Reformation.
f) There will be a Resurrection, the hope of which ensures that 'Faith' has its fulfilment.

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Why should I read the bible when I have the Spirit of God right here? The Spirit of God is inside me and not the Bible, or did you forget that fact?

Jesus talks about the word of God being planted in our hearts, it growing and producing more seed.
The word of God is spoken, is written down.

The Holy Spirits job is this

26 But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.
27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
John 14:26-27

There are many voices inside ourselves, for many reasons. As soon as one says I know which is the Spirit of God and which is not, one has failed. We are not the reference point for deciding which is which, God is. And that is why His word exists.

Jesus did not rebuke satan directly when Jesus was tempted but quoted scripture. Jesus learnt from the Father, what was His will through His word. Now if Jesus himself learnt from the Father, and He communes with the Holy Spirit, being God himself, then so should we and not presume every voice we hear is God speaking to us.

So many "christian" groups start close to Gods revelation founded in His word, and then bit by bit, a man speaking what he claims is Gods Holy Spirit inspired words, leads themselves and others astray.

The test is when the Holy Spirit lights up Gods word, shows the connections within Gods revelation that is the Lord speaking. Gods word is His revelation, it is eternal, it stands and never fails. God bless you