Why Baptize a Baby?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like I said - Lies are what cowardly and uneducated people like YOU employ because you can’t argue against the truth using truth itself.
For you, it' a necessary evil . . .

LOL ~

The Truth is the Word of God...And sufficient for me....unlike you who displays namecalling and accusations as your pseudo proof of the accuracy of YOUR doctrine...

It is a pretty lame and old worn out tactic, but well documented on this forum, it's your weapon of choice.

Glory to God,
Taken

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL ~

The Truth is the Word of God...And sufficient for me....unlike you who displays namecalling and accusations as your pseudo proof of the accuracy of YOUR doctrine...

It is a pretty lame and old worn out tactic, but well documented on this forum, it's your weapon of choice.

Glory to God,
Taken
Like I said - it's not about me - it's about YOU.
I'm just the guy who exposes people like you. Simple as that.

Oh gee, I almost forgot - ummmm, "LOL" . . .

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I didn't think it was necessary, to be in a discussion ABOUT GOD and SCRIPTURE, to identify SPIRITUAL FAITH from a persons belief their mail will be delivered to them.

Nonsense.

Disagree.

1 Pet 2: [21] For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:

Jesus IS THE "WAY".
Follow Him. He is the EXAMPLE for men to SEE. Do what He DID....and HIS WAY, will reap one many Gifts....one such Gift IS the man SHALL receive the SEED of God, which specifically is the Gift that Birth a mans "BORN AGAIN SPIRIT".

So what? Did God give you Authority to dictate HOW MANY YEARS and HOW MANY PEOPLE WOULD BE BORN and SAVED THROUGH Christ Jesus....BEFORE
God was Satisfied with the NUMBER of MEMBERS IN Christs Church?

Well, ya I do, since the promise of my Glorified Body can not come into fruition, until the Lord Calls His Church Up to Him.

The KNOWLEDGE was given...Glorification of the BODIES in Christs Church, has not YET come to pass.

LOL, really? And what Scripture taught you, Satan has a Church, and Satan is in Heaven, and Satan is going to call his "non-established church" up to him, and glorify the Bodies of his "non-established church"?

Apparently you are UNKNOWING, those who ARE Christ's Church, know Jesus.

If you do not know that...or know Jesus the Christ IS the WAY and EXAMPLE to follow and do as He did....perhaps it is you who follows after "another jesus".

It appears you are UNAWARE men were instructed to FOLLOW AFTER JESUS the CHRIST....

If you are NOT familiar what WHAT HE TAUGHT and DID....maybe you should be wondering WHO you are following after, as YOUR EXAMPLE.

So, who said there was?

Do you think people who call themselves "Christians" have a patent on Jesus Christ?

"Jew or Gentile", has nothing to do with the term "Christianity"....it is speaking of Circumcision.

There is NO Jew or Gentile, under Gods Circumcision of the Heart.

It is big of you to LUMP all Jews "together"...and ALL "Christians" together...

The terms, Jew, Gentile or Christian are relevant.
God IS SAVING, (souls) and QUICKENING (spirits), of INDIVIDUALS ALL DAY LONG.

Once the INDIVIDUAL is saved and born again.....hello...the terms "Jew / Gentile / Christian" are irrelevant.

The Lord is not SAVING and QUICKENING men because of whatever "nametag" they wear or boast of wearing....it's IRRELEVANT!

It is not some so called "new age" revelation.

Scripture was taught and written 2,000 years ago, for those IN CHRIST to be "caught up", to the Lord.

1 Thes 4:
[17] Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air....

In English, the term is "caught up".
In English, from the French term, is "Rapture"
In English, from the Greek term, is "Harpazo"

Doesn't really matter to me which "term" a person chooses to USE, since I already know, they all mean the same thing.

Like this example...? Lumping groups together....when it is Individuals the Lord saves and quickens.

Glory to God,
Taken
Satan !
The one who leads the whole world astray !
Like a Serpent trying to twist everything.

Jesus came 2000 years ago and we nothing other but to abide in him, just as all who went before us did.

People are deranged with this new age crap looking for salvation in looking forward to some sort of WW3 madness, in thinking that such will we be a means to an ends, Such is of Satan and such have no true faith is Jesus Christ at all.

The only thing that has happened is that people have abandoned Jesus nowadays for stupidity of idolising idiots like so called Jews that are not in fact True Jews at all but that of Satan, no one could be that pathetic to look to fools, who do not know him and totally hate Jesus Christ.

Messianic Jews are bastards who do not believe in Jesus Christ in fact. or they would be Christians, you can not have two masters you know. stop idolising people for Christ sake and wake up to yourself and abide only in Jesus Christ.

People who look forward to the second coming like so are not saved. because if they were saved they would not be ranting on and on about it as if it was everything they need and it's because they do not have Jesus Christ truly in there lives, they are clutching at straws, I have seen it many a time worry worry worry rant rant rant and such that's all they do, it's pathetic. when will it come ! it drives you up the wall listening to people like that and it just bogs you down and makes you depressed to see them that way and they don't have true solid faith in Jesus at all, it's just blind faith madness. they think that they will see Jesus in the flesh- fools !
One has to put your whole faith in Jesus Christ, then you will see the new age nonsense for what it truly is just a load of gibberish.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why Baptize a Baby?

The WHY depends on what a particular Church teaches and what its congregants believe.

In many Churches, Water Baptism,
Is FOR....several things:

1) It is for the person being dipped or sprinkled with Water, AGREEING to become inducted into "that" churches "membership".

2) It is for the congregants already "members" of "that" church, to be "witnesses", that another person has "been inducted into "that" churches "membership rolls".

3) It is an "outward" sign, that the "person being Baptized with Water", Believes In God and Christ Jesus.....
and such person has "ALREADY"
REPENTED to Christ Jesus
RECEIVED Forgiveness
RECEIVED a restored and Saved soul.
RECEIVED a new Circumcised heart.
RECEIVED the Seed of God.
RECEIVED a Quickened Born Again spirit
RECEIVED the Baptism of the Lords Spirit, dwelling within the person.

4) All are naturally BORN IN SIN.

5) All who are naturally BORN "commit sin".

6) A Baby being Baptized, by men with Water,
Is Men, inducting a Baby into "that" churches "membership rolls".

7) It is ALSO an outward sign, of the Parents, AGREEING to "raise that child", IN "that" churches "DOCTRINE".

8) It DOES NOT "mean the BABY REPENTED".

9) It DOES NOT "mean the BABY "has BECOME Saved or Born Again", BY A MANS ACT.

10) It "means", the Baby has BECOME a member of "that" Church.

11) It "means", the Parents have PROMISED to raise up that Baby in "that" Churches Doctrine.

The Lords BAPTISM is PERFORMED "BY" the Lord.........NOT MEN!

The Lords BAPTISM is PERFORMED "FOR" the individual "WHO" comes to Him in "BELIEF" and "WILLINGNESS" for the Lord to FORGIVE and RESTORE and QUICKEN and BAPTIZE the Individual WITH "HIS HOLY SPIRIT", SEALING that individual unto the Lord God....FOREVER.

The Lord BAPTIZES WHOM HE WILLS TO BAPTIZE.

Rom 9:18
Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.

The Lord has ALREADY REVEALED....
To TEACH children ABOUT HIM....
SO...the children ARE PREPARED to COME TO HIM.

Matt 19:14 But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.

BABIES and LITTLE Children, who physically DIE BEFORE LEARNING ABOUT HIM, and COMING TO HIM....ALREADY HAVE A PLACE IN HIS KINGDOM, BY HIS AUTHORITY and POWER...NOT, by and through a mans ACT of Baptism.

Matt 19:14 But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why Baptize Babies?

Depends on what one is taught and believes.

An excerpt from a Catholic website...giving their view concerning BABY BAPTISM.
Catholic.com

Since the New Testament era, the Catholic Church has always understood baptism differently, teaching that it is a sacrament which accomplishes several things, the first of which is the remission of sin, both original sin and actual sin—only original sin in the case of infants and young children, since they are incapable of actual sin; and both original and actual sin in the case of older persons.

Agree, they ARE DIFFERENT alright!

"...in the case of infants and young children, since they are incapable of "actual sin"...

Of course little children "are capable" of "committing sin", to teach otherwise is FALSE TEACHING.

Uh Little children don't lie? LOL LOL LOL

Glory to God,
Taken

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why Baptize a Baby?

The WHY depends on what a particular Church teaches and what its congregants believe.

1) It is for the person being dipped or sprinkled with Water, AGREEING to become inducted into "that" churches "membership".

2) It is for the congregants already "members" of "that" church, to be "witnesses", that another person has "been inducted into "that" churches "membership rolls".

3) It is an "outward" sign, that the "person being Baptized with Water", Believes In God and Christ Jesus.....
REPENTED to Christ Jesus
RECEIVED Forgiveness

7) It is ALSO an outward sign, of the Parents, AGREEING to "raise that child", IN "that" churches "DOCTRINE".

11) It "means", the Parents have PROMISED to raise up that Baby in "that" Churches Doctrine.

The Lords BAPTISM is PERFORMED "FOR" the individual "WHO" comes to Him in "BELIEF" and "WILLINGNESS" for the Lord to FORGIVE and RESTORE and QUICKEN and BAPTIZE the Individual WITH "HIS HOLY SPIRIT", SEALING that individual unto the Lord God....FOREVER.

Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.

BABIES and LITTLE Children, who physically DIE BEFORE LEARNING ABOUT HIM, and COMING TO HIM....ALREADY HAVE A PLACE IN HIS KINGDOM, BY HIS AUTHORITY and POWER...NOT, by and through a mans ACT of Baptism.

Glory to God,
Taken
Besides JW and Mormon "Baptisms" - which denominations Baptize people only into their "membership rolls"??

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Besides JW and Mormon "Baptisms" - which denominations Baptize people only into their "membership rolls"??

If you are interested in which denominations, "IF ANY" Baptize people "ONLY" for the purpose of entering that person into their "membership rolls", you should go research that which is "your interest".

Glory to God,
Taken

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are interested in which denominations, "IF ANY" Baptize people "ONLY" for the purpose of entering that person into their "membership rolls", you should go research that which is "your interest".

Glory to God,
Taken

FYI: that is not remotely accurate as to how LDS or JW view baptism.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Glory to God,
Taken
No - YOU should list them since YOU made the claim - NOT me.

CAN you name at least some of them??

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Why Baptize a Baby?

REPENTED to Christ Jesus
RECEIVED Forgiveness

Glory to God,
Taken
In Matt 19:14 I would think yes in this, one would Baptize as a baby would you not.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mormons aren't baptized into the Mormon church? A baptism in ANY other denomination or the Catholic Church is sufficient for membership??
Non-Catholics don't view membership in a church or baptism the same way Catholics do. The very foundational things of like "why we do this" are different.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Non-Catholics don't view membership in a church or baptism the same way Catholics do. The very foundational things of like "why we do this" are different.
According to their literature, BOTH JWs and Mormons are baptized "into" their organizations.

The Catholic Church recognizes Trinitarian Baptism - even from Protestant sects.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pretty much correct on all.

Oh I was Baptised but my mum and dad did not go to church but encourage it and believed in Jesus they had faith but were not Born Again my god father and mother did nothing but I went to Bible Study with a mate and his dad or sister would take us in my school days, so it had nothing to do with my mum or dad really but they gave there direction on what they thought about all such, I said once that I was thinking to become a Priest and my mum hated that idea totally, she said that they are all poofters and bastards getting about in dresses etc etc, so my elder brother and sister believe in Jesus but are not like me and my younger brother who bother to look into such things and are totally of faith of Jesus Christ.

Many of my cousins who went to church every week are not believers or have little faith in Jesus as for my children I do not force it down their neck but give of my hope and guidance because only Jesus will take root within them at there own pace, the seed is there but one must knock to get answers and hope the weeds of the world will not choke their faith, I can't do any more what I have done, the Holy spirit will come and convince one, but one has to be willing and open to it seeking and knocking or it will not come.

I was 36yo when I was Born Again so I was of faith but I did not truly have total faith in Jesus Christ and when it happened it was with a Bam ! it hit me, it just blew me away, I was at home by myself and had finished reading the Bible and wandering about and then Bam ! the lights when on I knew him ! fact is that he is the only one that is our Lord and Saviour he is the well spring that we must come to and nothing other, only in him have we got any hope as a people of God, not all have or will be born again but to have real faith in him one is worthy of him. but to be working against him such a one is condemned with Satan.

As for the water Baptised or of faith in Jesus Christ are not condemned but they may be on the wrong path and that's a problem to worry about, because they can be lead astray to easily by Satan's cunning. they can mistake worldly pursuits that are of mans works, like idolising Socialism or Jews and such babbling madness.

I FINALLY got the time to adequately address this!

For starters, thank you for sharing you views and fantastic heart touching story. It really provided some much needed brightness to my overwhelmed day.

As for my views (relating with terminology you're using), the "Servants of God" is the big focus: those people that have accepted Christ and entered into the New Covenant. This is about a person accepting Christ- letting that marvelous change come over them, repenting, and then it's the right time to be baptized-- because you're entering in the New Covenant. No one else can make the choice for you to accept Christ and enter into the New Covenant.

Now, of course we should teach young kids about Christ-- bring them to church, invite them to pray, read scriptures with them, and celebrate Christ with them. This is not only a good idea but a SACRED CHARGE from God directly given to parents. Have them be part of the church community and do everything to nurture their love of God. But baptism should not happen until that person is old enough to accept/believe in Christ and enter into the New Covenant.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But baptism should not happen until that person is old enough to accept/believe in Christ and enter into the New Covenant.
Why didn't God find YOUR rule necessary when male babies were brought into the Covenant with Him through it circumcision??

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to their literature, BOTH JWs and Mormons are baptized "into" their organizations.

The Catholic Church recognizes Trinitarian Baptism - even from Protestant sects.
Most Protestants sects and JW and LDS and many other sects baptize believers as the accept Christ. It's not to do with the Original Sin and is not something done without the person desiring it.

The understanding/reasoning is fundamentally different than Catholic beliefs.

And unless you have actively attended any of these sects services and thoroughly studied what they believe from REAL LIFE believers, please don't try to explain what others believe- you're only get it wrong to some degree.
Side note: I attended Catholic services several times a year for over a decade, and spent 11 months thoroughly studying Catholic beliefs with Catholic people and reading Catholic texts. I have like done so with many other sects.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why didn't God find YOUR rule necessary when male babies were brought into the Covenant with Him through it circumcision??
I just explained this to you.

Old Covenant was about genetics. You entered in simply because you were born into this family. Had nothing to do with belief.
New Covenant was about belief. You enter in because of belief and a (metaphorically) circumsized heart. This is available to all people, regardless of their genetics.

Reactions: amadeus

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
FYI, thanks for your input, but was not my claim.

God Bless,
Taken
Ok. My focus was more on just correcting BOL's comment. Blatantly ignorance comments are... *Jane can't say anything nice here, so I'm going to not say anything*

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most Protestants sects and JW and LDS and many other sects baptize believers as the accept Christ. It's not to do with the Original Sin and is not something done without the person desiring it.

The understanding/reasoning is fundamentally different than Catholic beliefs.

And unless you have actively attended any of these sects services and thoroughly studied what they believe from REAL LIFE believers, please don't try to explain what others believe- you're only get it wrong to some degree.
Side note: I attended Catholic services several times a year for over a decade, and spent 11 months thoroughly studying Catholic beliefs with Catholic people and reading Catholic texts. I have like done so with many other sects.
That's NOT what we were discussing.
I already KNOW that Catholics take Baptism more seriously than most.

What we were discussing was @Taken's claim that in "many churches" - people are baptized into that particular denomination. Their "membership roles" was the terminology she used. I asked her to LIST some of these denominations - and that's where YOU jumped in.