Why Baptize a Baby?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who cares about your stupid posts?
Why don't you listen and learn from people?

Because he is an arrogant and angry person, and obviously his only joy is being a troll.

Remember Jesus warned men, if they were willing to drink from His same cup, they would experience His same indignation from worldly men.

God Bless,
Taken

Reactions: Rollo Tamasi

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Approved by who,

2 Tim 2:15
Study to shew thyself approved unto God...

a religion

No.

that you are all fighting on this forum, ans you cant see the foolishness it it all.

There is no need to lecture me about fighting over a religion.

It is every thread that BOL is on, that he is pushing his Catholic religion, distruptive, and calling everyone a LIAR, who is not interested or in agreement with him.

I am not a liar, nor ashamed and promote...

1 Tim 2:15
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Glory to God,
Taken

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because he is an arrogant and angry person, and obviously his only joy is being a troll.

Remember Jesus warned men, if they were willing to drink from His same cup, they would experience His same indignation from worldly men.

God Bless,
Taken
Spoken like the proverbial bratty child - angry because they got spanked again . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjANegQICRAB&usg=AOvVaw2-FKiKhOKfKjO_4rrPwe9I

This is the autobiography of a fifty year veteran of the church at Rome. Is not catholic bashing merely a recounting of one former priests experiences good and otherwise.

At present it is free to down load which I have done.
And what do you do with the large numbers of ex-Protestant autobiographies??

The “Surprised by Truth” series of books by Patrick Madrid chronicles DOZENS of ex-pastors who abandoned their former sects and found the truth of Christ in the Catholic Church.

The point is that for EVERY ex-Catholic – I can point you to an ex-Protestant with an equally-compelling story of negativity - and eventual redemption in the Catholic Church.

Surprised By Truth: 11 Converts Give the Biblical and Historical Reasons for Becoming Catholic

Surprised by Truth 2: Fifteen Men and Women Give the Biblical and Historical Reasons for Becoming Catholic

Surprised by Truth 3: 10 More Converts Explain the Biblical and Historical Reasons for Becoming Catholic

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
2 Tim 2:15
Study to shew thyself approved unto God...

No.

There is no need to lecture me about fighting over a religion.

It is every thread that BOL is on, that he is pushing his Catholic religion, distruptive, and calling everyone a LIAR, who is not interested or in agreement with him.

I am not a liar, nor ashamed and promote...

1 Tim 2:15
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Glory to God,
Taken
Yes that one does get people, doesnt it, neglecting this one,

2Ti 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

our friend classic example.

He fishes stop biting. Wish everyone would.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes that one does get people, doesnt it, neglecting this one,

2Ti 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

our friend classic example.

He fishes stop biting. Wish everyone would.

I get your point.

I also get his intent is to promote all things Catholic, and promote himself as the expert educator in all things Catholic.
I also get his manner to recruit agreement in Catholicism, is bullying and toxic.

So, you see, while ignoring him might appear advantages....I think it is more advantages for others to observe the bullying and toxic way of a Catholic "educator".

I find no one running to follow after him, or his Catholic ways, as he repeatedly claims himself the "educator" in such things.

He is his own worst enemy, and doesn't know it.

A true Convert will follow Christ and Glorify Christ, and not be bullied into following A man made Church's self-promoting doctrines.

God Bless,
Taken

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So, you see, while ignoring him might appear advantages....I think it is more advantages for others to observe the bullying and toxic way of a Catholic "educator".
Answering him brings no glory to God, none of anything he writes does, there is something about resisting the devil, you keep fighting him he just kicks back, doesnt help anyone least of all him. He has choosen his path he must answer for it.
As for your post i agree, i was born raised a catholic, the only thing i got out of it was, that religion is everything God is not. If not for Christ I would not be here.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Answering him brings no glory to God, none of anything he writes does, there is something about resisting the devil, you keep fighting him he just kicks back, doesnt help anyone least of all him. He has choosen his path he must answer for it.

I get your point.

As for your post i agree, i was born raised a catholic, the only thing i got out of it was, that religion is everything God is not.

I have talked with people, who claimed they were born catholic, a friend who was disowned by their parents for not remaining catholic, and many other silly things inbetween.

If not for Christ I would not be here.

Good for you!
May God bless you abundantly,
Taken

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The other thing one needs to take into consideration, if one answers him, and he has one of his tirades, and therefore sins against that person, than he has sinned against God, so if we dont answer him we are doing him a favour wheter he cares or not is his problem

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know that the OFFICIAL church teaching is that of the magesterum.

As to the answer, I answered it fully in post no. 307.
The answer has to be the cc or the protestant church. I don't have weird ideas as some do. If a verse is too difficult, I use commentaries and read a few.
One verse I'm not sure about, for instance, is John 3:5.
What is the water? Is it baptismal water or amniotic fluid?
Both make sense to me.
Thank you GG. This is a bit long but I ask that you study it carefully and let me know where you believe I have gone wrong.

Apparently Jesus isn’t a very good teacher if by his statement you (and other Christians) are unable to discern if he meant baptismal water or amniotic fluid. That’s ok thought since Nicodemous was a teacher of the Jews and he didn’t understand what Jesus meant either that is why Jesus had to explain it to him.

1st off He started off the statement by saying, “Verily, Verily I say....”. By saying “Verily, verily,” before making a statement Jesus is making a strong claim to truth! Therefor even though “both make sense” to you only one can be true: amniotic fluid or baptismal water. Since water is NEVER referred to as amniotic fluid in the NT that theory doesn’t make sense.

2nd off PRIOR to this discourse with Nicodemous Jesus was baptized IN WATER and the Spirit descended on him from above/heaven. We have to read more of that discourse to put John 3:5 in CONTEXT. In John 3:3 Jesus said one must be born again or anew which also means from above. In our baptism we are born again with water and the Spirit from above, just like Jesus was.

3rd off Nicodemus mistakenly thought that Jesus was referring to being physically born. Jesus corrects his misconception, and contrasted such thinking with the intended meaning when He says, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit.” It would have been redundant for Jesus to say that one must be born of the flesh to enter the Kingdom since Nicodemus had already met that condition, and did not need to be told to meet that one. Jesus was telling him that he needed to be washed with water by the Word and born of the Spirit just like Jesus did and just like we still do today, 2,000 years late

4th off AFTER this discourse with Nicodemous Jesus and his Apostles go out and start baptizing WITH WATER.

And 5th off the amniotic fluid teaching is a teaching that began AFTER the reformation. Why would God mislead us about such a simple passage in scripture for the first 1,500+ years of Christianity only to reveal the truth to us that Jesus really meant amniotic fluid? It doesn’t make sense. Unless you can show me where the amniotic fluid teaching has been around for 2,000 years?

Bible study Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the Serpent said they would not die.

And you just said...

But YES, they did.

Before they ate of the fruit, THEY were WITH God and God WITH THEM....BODY and SOUL.

After they ate of the fruit, THEY were BOTH, Separated FROM GOD.

A Separation from God IS DEATH.
A Spiritual Death, which THEY had not UNDERSTOOD.

After 6,000 years babes are born, and have the opportunity to grow and learn, that that which is NOT WITH GOD, "IS DEAD TO GOD".

That which BECOMES WITH GOD, is SAVED unto God.

Yes they did. They walked about the Earth IN their BODIES OF SIN, that SINNED AGAINST GOD, and of their CORRUPT SEED would populate the earth WITH CORUPT Bodies of SIN, from corrupt Seeds of men, naturally born AGAINST GOD, all subject to physical death, and all DEAD TO God.

Glory to God,
Taken
They DID NOT physically die....that was my reference. Thank you for your input though.

Mary

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They DID NOT physically die....that was my reference. Thank you for your input though.

Mary

Correct, they did not "Physically die", but then the UNDERSTANDING of the KNOWLEDGE had not yet been revealed.

The KNOWLEDGE was, they WOULD DIE, IF THEY ate of the Fruit.

The Understanding....."not according to men, not according to the Serpent"....BUR RATHER;
ACCORDING TO GOD, IS...THEY DID DIE.

A man must Understand...Mans understanding IS CARNAL....Gods Understanding is SPIRITUAL.

The Knowledge was revealed IN Genesis...
It is with MORE Knowledge revealed LATER...
WHEN the Understanding of the Knowledge in Genesis BECOMES understood.

All "parts" of a man BECOME DEAD, when each "part" is Separated FROM God...
Each part of man, makes up the WHOLE of man.

In Genesis, what is KNOWN about IS:
Gods Spirit, Gods Word. Gods Creation.

A Mans Form (body) and Mans Soul.
Then later in Genesis, a mans Spirit.
Also Gods Spirit can and can not dwell WITH a man.
And in Exodus Particular men God FILLS with His Spirit, and why.

So from the beginning we find...
Mankind, the whole of what mankind IS;
Body, soul, spirit.

And that it is possible for Gods Spirit to BE WITH, and IN men,...and further WHO Gods Spirit is WITH and or IN, are men who believe and subject themselves TO thee God Almighty.

Adam was created in the LIKENESS and IMAGE of God....and FELL from that LIKENESS and IMAGE....And from henceforth
MEN are created in the LIKENESS and IMAGE of MEN....and MUST become in belief and subject to God, through Christ, the Word of God, to become reconcilled unto God, and once again BECOME in Gods LIKENESS and IMAGE.

Gen 5:
  1. [1] This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;
  2. [3] And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth:
Point being; IN the Garden, Adam was created in Perfection, and fell. And was separated BODILY from God, being evicted from the Garden, where God was.

However before being evicted, HE was FORGIVEN, by the shedding of an animals BLOOD...and SAVED when His Flesh was Covered by the Power of God clothing and covering Adams SIN (flesh) with animal skins.
And BLESSED with a son from the Lord.

It is a foreshadow, later understood...
It is through BLOOD, Forgiveness is given a man.
It is through COVERING, a Mans sins, is found no more.
It is through Gods SPIRIT and Gods SEED, a Belessing with and in a man, the spirit of man is Quickened.

It is BY and THROUGH, Jesus Christs BODILY DEATH, a man become Crucified.

It is BY and THROUGH, Christ Jesus, a man Becomes Forgiven his sins, BY Christs BLOOD.

It is BY and THROUGH, Christ Jesus, a mans sins Becomes Covered and no more, BY Christs LIGHT.

It is BY and THROUGH, Christ Jesus, a mans soul BECOMES restored and SAVED. (POWER of God who IS Christ)

It is BY and THROUGH, Christ Jesus, a mans spirit BECOMES, Quickened (born again). SEED of God WHO is Christ)

THIS is a MAN having become MADE WHOLE, body, soul, spirit; BY and THROUGH the Word and Authority and Power of God..
THEE Lord God Almighty.

Adam Experienced and Became a "son of God", so also shall ALL men who Experience becoming MADE whole, and made a "son of God".

A prayer from THOSE MADE WHOLE, to those not yet "sanctified", that they BECOME "sanctified" and made WHOLE, and Preserved, UNTIL the coming of the Lord to Redeem them.

1 Thes 5:23
And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and (whole) soul and (whole) body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

May have been more of a response than you expected or required....but yet this is not only for your ears.

God Bless,
Taken

Last edited:

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correct, they did not "Physically die", but then the UNDERSTANDING of the KNOWLEDGE had not yet been revealed.

The KNOWLEDGE was, they WOULD DIE, IF THEY ate of the Fruit.

The Understanding....."not according to men, not according to the Serpent"....BUR RATHER;
ACCORDING TO GOD, IS...THEY DID DIE.

A man must Understand...Mans understanding IS CARNAL....Gods Understanding is SPIRITUAL.

The Knowledge was revealed IN Genesis...
It is with MORE Knowledge revealed LATER...
WHEN the Understanding of the Knowledge in Genesis BECOMES understood.

All "parts" of a man BECOME DEAD, when each "part" is Separated FROM God...
Each part of man, makes up the WHOLE of man.

In Genesis, what is KNOWN about IS:
Gods Spirit, Gods Word. Gods Creation.

A Mans Form (body) and Mans Soul.
Then later in Genesis, a mans Spirit.
Also Gods Spirit can and can not dwell WITH a man.
And in Exodus Particular men God FILLS with His Spirit, and why.

So from the beginning we find...
Mankind, the whole of what mankind IS;
Body, soul, spirit.

And that it is possible for Gods Spirit to BE WITH, and IN men,...and further WHO Gods Spirit is WITH and or IN, are men who believe and subject themselves TO thee God Almighty.

Adam was created in the LIKENESS and IMAGE of God....and FELL from that LIKENESS and IMAGE....And from henceforth
MEN are created in the LIKENESS and IMAGE of MEN....and MUST become in belief and subject to God, through Christ, the Word of God, to become reconcilled unto God, and once again BECOME in Gods LIKENESS and IMAGE.

Gen 5:
  1. [1] This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;
  2. [3] And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth:
Point being; IN the Garden, Adam was created in Perfection, and fell. And was separated BODILY from God, being evicted from the Garden, where God was.

However before being evicted, HE was FORGIVEN, by the shedding of an animals BLOOD...and SAVED when His Flesh was Covered by the Power of God clothing and covering Adams SIN (flesh) with animal skins.
And BLESSED with a son from the Lord.

It is a foreshadow, later understood...
It is through BLOOD, Forgiveness is given a man.
It is through COVERING, a Mans sins, is found no more.
It is through Gods SPIRIT and Gods SEED, a Belessing with and in a man, the spirit of man is Quickened.

It is BY and THROUGH, Jesus Christs BODILY DEATH, a man become Crucified.

It is BY and THROUGH, Christ Jesus, a man Becomes Forgiven his sins, BY Christs BLOOD.

It is BY and THROUGH, Christ Jesus, a mans sins Becomes Covered and no more, BY Christs LIGHT.

It is BY and THROUGH, Christ Jesus, a mans soul BECOMES restored and SAVED. (POWER of God who IS Christ)

It is BY and THROUGH, Christ Jesus, a mans spirit BECOMES, Quickened (born again). SEED of God WHO is Christ)

THIS is a MAN having become MADE WHOLE, body, soul, spirit; BY and THROUGH the Word and Authority and Power of God..
THEE Lord God Almighty.

Adam Experienced and Became a "son of God", so also shall ALL men who Experience becoming MADE whole, and made a "son of God".

A prayer from THOSE MADE WHOLE, to those not yet "sanctified", that they BECOME "sanctified" and made WHOLE, and Preserved, UNTIL the coming of the Lord to Redeem them.

1 Thes 5:23
And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and (whole) soul and (whole) body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

May have been more of a response than you expected or required....but yet this is not only for your ears.

God Bless,
Taken

Edit: It was ALOT more than I expected or required and it changes nothing I said. However, I know you want to reach others ears.

Last edited:
Reactions: Taken