Why Christian nationalism is pure poison for the U.S.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that scripture says that they will be put to death but I also believe it is referring to God putting them to death. I don't recall any scripture that says "Kill gay people".
This comes to mind.

Anyone who utters a curse on his father or mother must be put to death, for he has dishonored them, and their blood is on him.

If a man commits adultery with his neighbor’s wife, both offenders must be put to death. If a man has sexual relations with his father’s wife, he might as well have violated his father; both offenders must be put to death, for their blood is on them. If a man has sexual relations with his daughter-in-law, both offenders must be put to death; for they have engaged in a disgusting act and their blood is on them. 13 If a man has sexual relations with another man, they have participated in a detestable act. Both men are to be put to death, for their blood is on them.

Leviticus 20:9-13 The Voice

Reactions: Patrick1966

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrong! Page one of the Communist Manifesto urges the doing away with national borders. The goal of communism is worldwide. Such an ideology cannot tolerate sovereign states who elect alternatives ideologies to bring their people security, prospertity and happiness.
Well, one can be both a communist and a nationalist. Ho Chi Ming was one.

Reactions: Jim B

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This comes to mind.

Anyone who utters a curse on his father or mother must be put to death, for he has dishonored them, and their blood is on him.

If a man commits adultery with his neighbor’s wife, both offenders must be put to death. If a man has sexual relations with his father’s wife, he might as well have violated his father; both offenders must be put to death, for their blood is on them. If a man has sexual relations with his daughter-in-law, both offenders must be put to death; for they have engaged in a disgusting act and their blood is on them. 13 If a man has sexual relations with another man, they have participated in a detestable act. Both men are to be put to death, for their blood is on them.

Leviticus 20:9-13 The Voice

Thanks. The ESV translation reads differently.

Leviticus 20:13

English Standard Version

13 If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When the Zionist Jews get to totally control the USA, they will bring back the OT Law and they will kill all who the OT says too kill.

If not the Talmud will do what it says ! Not that anyone would bother to read such, because if one had you would understand that they in fact created the Communist and the Nazi fools ! They are all dupes for the Talmud Whore ! But you never studied such so why would you know.

At the end of the day you are responsible for everything that happens, because you did not bother to be worthy of Christ Jesus in fact. Just believing in Jesus is not good enough in fact ! Oh you of little faith ! well it's a start, but that of a baby has too grow and not all do because of the weeds grow up and strangle that faith ? because that faith has not bothered to grow up to cast aside the weeds.
One has to be truly born again in Christ Jesus too be worthy of Israel !

I have come across people who claim to be Christian fundamentalist, they are so called Jew idolisers who do not truly serve Christ Jesus at all in fact. but then again not all Christian fundamentalist are under the same roof as them radicals that I have met.

I do not support Sodomites be they Gay or not. If anyone does encourage Sodomy such is of Satan in fact and are going to Hell for promoting such depravity. Because such is the workings of the Devil in fact !

I have a Gay friend, but I do not encourage him on such issues ! but he is not a ratbag type that displays filth and depravity, he is more like a little boy that has not truly matured into a real Man ?
How can you be so full of hatred and intolerance and call yourself a Christian?

Matthew 22:34-39, "When the Pharisees heard that he had silenced the Sadducees, they gathered together, and one of them, an expert in the law, asked him a question to test him.“Teacher, which commandment in the law is the greatest?” He said to him, “ ‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the greatest and first commandment. And a second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’"

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Leviticus 20:13​

English Standard Version​

13 If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.
Nothin' like the Old Covenant! I am thankful that I am dead to the law but alive to God in Christ Jesus!

Reactions: mailmandan

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To me, capitalism is the freedom of people to conduct business with one another FREE of government interference. Many people mistakenly view it as some evil ideology bent on taking advantage of others.
That is simply not true. Free of government interference has another name: anarchy. Business must operate within the framework of laws established by the government. Otherwise, you have create a "playing field" with every form of dishonesty allowed.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is simply not true. Free of government interference has another name: anarchy. Business must operate within the framework of laws established by the government. Otherwise, you have create a "playing field" with every form of dishonesty allowed.

I'll provide an example. To start a business on some countries, one must pay a fee and provide a written explanation as to why their business will be good for the community and then a government bureaucrat can approve or deny the business license. In a free, capitalist, economy, that practice doesn't exist.

Reactions: Wrangler

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How can you be so full of hatred and intolerance and call yourself a Christian?

Matthew 22:34-39, "When the Pharisees heard that he had silenced the Sadducees, they gathered together, and one of them, an expert in the law, asked him a question to test him.“Teacher, which commandment in the law is the greatest?” He said to him, “ ‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the greatest and first commandment. And a second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’"
The Jewish Law is the bases of our foundations. Nothing wrong with the worthy Jews sport ! for such is of our blueprint.

But as to the Jewish question who is the worthy Jews through History and who are not ?

The Jews who were lead astray were not worthy of God in fact ! They failed ! They were lead astray ! but the ones who came to Christ Jesus were the first Christians in fact. and not a Goyim in sight !

It's not about hate at all, but what is correct and also what is wrong. One does not reward wrong if you are worthy.
Only idiots or fools reward the wrong, for they are a parasite and a pox on society! Grubs.

I would not have a murderer living under my roof or a thief etc.
Just as with the original Jews foundations was exclusive, so as to keep the vermin out and the vermin within got kicked out in fact. as anyone who has a handle on the OT knows.

But the cancer came upon the Jews, unawares to them ? Just like it is now with Christianity ! a Mob has crept in and has clearly become a Pox within, they breed religion and not Christ Jesus for they do not know the difference, so they idolise the so called Jew ?

Number one thing a Christian knows is not to idolise anything ! for if you do such a one is not worthy to be a Christian nor that was a true worthy Jew.

One is not Saved by water baptism or claiming to believe in God, for they are of little faith ? but one has to have the faith that cam move mountains and only Christ Jesus can give one that.

Remember that one as a true Christian who calls the Jews out, is not coming from what the Atheist thinks or may claim, because they do not have any idea to what they are on about, for they are dumb and pathetic who don't have a clue about the real issue at hand. So they believe that the issue is the Christian is against the Jew ? but No ! The Worthy Christian knows were the Jew is at ! Lost ! and can not be trusted because on is only religious Carnal dupe or could be a Devil, a predator a Wolf in sheep's clothing ! coming against all that is of Christ Jesus !

They who are against Christ Jesus are all going to Hell ! for they are loser's !

stormymonday

Dec 25, 2022
concord
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

christianity destroying the world.jpg

Christianity Is Destroying the U.S. and the World​

The more Christians in a state the lower the level of education.

The more Christians in a state the lower the average household income.

The more Christians in a state the lower the average I.Q..

The more Christians in a state the more teen pregnancies.

The more Christians in a state the more sexually transmitted diseases.

The more Christians in a state the more child maltreatment deaths.

The more Christians in a state the higher the percentage of drug and alcohol abuse.

The more Christians in a state the more Diabetes.

The more Christians in a state the more obesity.

The more Christians in a state the more heart disease.

The more Christians in a state the lower the life expectancy.

Christian’s opposition to contraception and sex education​

Christian’s opposition to contraception (the use of condoms) in AIDs ravaged countries is contributing to the spread of HIVs / AIDs. Christian’s opposition to the use of contraception and sex education in school is contributing to the spread of sexually transmitted diseases and increase in teen pregnancy and child maltreatment deaths.

Christian’s teaching children that superstitions and myths are true is teaching children what to think not how to think.​

Numerous studies show that Christian children have lower I.Q.s and are less likely to be able to distinguish fact from fiction. Christians teens score lower in college entrance exams. Christian adults have lower levels of education, earn less money, have more health problems and are more likely to be addicted to drugs and alcohol.

Christians Against Math, Science, Logic and Reason​

Christians Rather Teach Myths Than Science – Christians Against Teaching Evolution​

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Leviticus 20:13​

English Standard Version​

I love the different translations. Depending on the verse, one translation speaks to me more than another.

Although I tend to prefer thought translations, for ease of reading, I do refer to the ESV quite a bit. It claims to be the most literal translation available in English. I find it somehwat choppy by today's standard. The VOICE and ESV translations says the same thing. "Kill gays." The meaning of 'their blood is upon them' is that the act of homosexuality deserves the death penalty.

And why is that? Because it is a perversion, an abomination of God's gift to us. God made sex. He clearly says he made man and woman. As the saying goes, God made Adam and Eve. He did not make Adam and Steve.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll provide an example. To start a business on some countries, one must pay a fee and provide a written explanation as to why their business will be good for the community and then a government bureaucrat can approve or deny the business license. In a free, capitalist, economy, that practice doesn't exist.
You live in Orlando, correct? In order to start a business in Florida and every other state, you must apply for a business license and must meet certain government requirements to receive approval. Without meeting those requirements you cannot open the business. So, your premise is totally wrong.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love the different translations. Depending on the verse, one translation speaks to me more than another.

Although I tend to prefer thought translations, for ease of reading, I do refer to the ESV quite a bit. It claims to be the most literal translation available in English. I find it somehwat choppy by today's standard. The VOICE and ESV translations says the same thing. "Kill gays." The meaning of 'their blood is upon them' is that the act of homosexuality deserves the death penalty.

And why is that? Because it is a perversion, an abomination of God's gift to us. God made sex. He clearly says he made man and woman. As the saying goes, God made Adam and Eve. He did not make Adam and Steve.
The Scripture that you cite is from Leviticus, i.e., the Old Testament law. If you keep any of the OT law then you must keep all of it perfectly. If you fail at any point, the penalty is death.

A main part of the New Covenant, as clearly recited by Jesus Himself, is "love your neighbor as yourself". Jesus was asked for a definition of "neighbor" and he gave the parable of the despised Samaritan giving aid and comfort to a man he didn't know.

Another parable you should read is the one concerning the Pharisee and the tax collector in Luke 9:10-11. It starts like this: ‘“Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. The Pharisee, standing by himself, was praying thus, ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people: thieves, rogues, adulterers, or even like this tax collector." Which one applies to you?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The more Christians in a state the more child maltreatment deaths.

Are you sure it's not simply that there are much more Christians that Atheists in America? So, naturally Christians will have *more* people who have health problems than the relatively few Atheists.

The more Christians in a state the lower the life expectancy.

Religious people live four years longer than atheists, study finds

Religious people happier, healthier. Pew study finds.

Happier and live longer. Sounds like a winning combination. :)

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once again you have no clue - you've proven yourself to be the biggest piece of <EXPLETIVE> on the forum.
And <EXPLETIVE> you and <EXPLETIVE> this <EXPLETIVE> up religion.

Does an Atheist own this forum too? Like all the others - it's full of <EXPLETIVE> DEMONS!

Now @stormymonday, I could be wrong. But you don't sound very happy. You sound angry.

I used to be angry before Christ came into my life. I will pray for you.

Reactions: Philip James

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You live in Orlando, correct? In order to start a business in Florida and every other state, you must apply for a business license and must meet certain government requirements to receive approval. Without meeting those requirements you cannot open the business. So, your premise is totally wrong.
Apples and oranges. Good bye, Jim.

stormymonday

Dec 25, 2022
concord
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now @stormymonday, I could be wrong. But you don't sound very happy. You sound angry.

I used to be angry before Christ came into my life. I will pray for you.
I was never angry until Christ came into my life. It's his followers I need to be saved from. They are a destroying spirit. They've driven me away like they have a million other believers.

I can't stand Christians because they can't stand one another.

Reactions: Wrangler

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
By the way, "Christian Nationalism" is NOT a thing. Granted, you might find a handful of nutcases advocating for it but it's nowhere near being mainstream within American Christianity. What's FAR more mainstream is the spread of transgender and same-sex-relationship "nationalism", with devastating results for American society.
That’s homophobia and transphobia talking. Homosexuality or transgenderism isn’t hurting anybody, it’s just that fanatical Christians choose to victimize themselves so that they can justify their hate towards LGBT.

Christian nationalism is most certainly a thing because you have these nutcases among the general population and congress who want a theocracy.