WHY CHRISTIANS ARE STILL DYING

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Kreisel

Feb 9, 2021
Tahoe City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good luck with that.
It's appointmented onto man once to die. That means you too.

Nope, not me. And there is no 'Luck' about it.

I was wondering who'd be the first to quote Heb 9:27 and not look to the next verse:

Hebrews 9:27-28 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation

Question is, Are you looking for Jesus to break your appointment with death, that Adam made for you?

Last edited:

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope, not me. And there is no 'Luck' about it.

I was wondering who'd be the first to quote Heb 9:27 and not look to the next verse:

Hebrews 9:27-28 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation

Question is, Are you looking for Jesus to break your appointment with death, that Adam made for you?
Yes, in the sense that I will live forever. But not in this old body.
BTW that verse does not say we won't die.

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God only took two people to heaven without seeing death. Enoch and Elijah.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You glossed passed Romans 8:13, like most all do, real quick.
Salvation is "spirit, SOUL AND BODY" - I Thess 5:23.

The carnal mind is death - Romans 8:6, and it excepts physical death.
Who says that you HAVE a soul?
Please tell us how you RECEIVED a soul.
KJV- Genesis 2:7

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everyone dies bodily. Are you planning to physically live forever? You'll be the first I guess?

Every person dies period, not just physically, and then are resurrected back to life, both righteous and unrighteous in the resurrection. Basically you sleep in death til the resurrection.

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ is the RESURRECTION. Thus, the Body of Christ should be the Body of the Resurrection.
So why are christians still dying to beat-the-band?

The simple answer is Romans 8:13 -
"For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live."

I'm curious if you ever have divided soul and spirit in your conclusions. Your post has some very cloudy notions?

The Kreisel

Feb 9, 2021
Tahoe City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every person dies period, not just physically, and then are resurrected back to life, both righteous and unrighteous in the resurrection. Basically you sleep in death til the resurrection.
Correct, if you're ruled by the demonic nature of death -
You'll have to factor Romans 8:13 into your analysis:
"For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; BUT if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live."

Once you move beyond the simplicity of it, it get's complicated

The Kreisel

Feb 9, 2021
Tahoe City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, in the sense that I will live forever. But not in this old body.
BTW that verse does not say we won't die.
BTW, it says, "unto salvation" - but only "for those that look for him shall he appear".

Most are not looking in the right place.

The Kreisel

Feb 9, 2021
Tahoe City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christians are still dying because they refuse to "be transformed by the renewing of their mind" - Rom 12:2.
They are more comfortable in the mortal mind of Adam, than the immortal "mind of christ" - I Cor 2:16.