WHY CHRISTIANS ARE STILL DYING

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Kreisel

Feb 9, 2021
Tahoe City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
13 For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live.

10 But if Christ is in you, then even though your body is subject to death because of sin, the Spirit gives life because of righteousness.

Quit cherry picking, and you'll find the answers right in front of your face.

IF you're not "living after the flesh" - you left that out.
Christians are dying to beat the band, "living after the flesh".

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IF you're not "living after the flesh" - you left that out.
Christians are dying to beat the band, "living after the flesh".
That's not what it says. It says if you are in Christ, even though your body is so dying, you will live. It's talking eternal spiritual life, not living forever in this jar of clay.

The Kreisel

Feb 9, 2021
Tahoe City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's not what it says. It says if you are in Christ, even though your body is so dying, you will live. It's talking eternal spiritual life, not living forever in this jar of clay.
Nope.
Romans 8:10 from the Interlinear - states "the spirit is life" - NOT that it "gives life" -
It only "gives life" if your NOT "living after the flesh" - pretty glaringly obvious with christians dying all over the place.

The Kreisel

Feb 9, 2021
Tahoe City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Let Youngs Literal Translation spell it out for you in context:
10 And if Christ [is] in you, the body, indeed, [is] dead because of sin, and the Spirit [is] life because of righteousness,
11 and if the Spirit of Him who did raise up Jesus out of the dead doth dwell in you, He who did raise up the Christ out of the dead shall quicken also your dying bodies, through His Spirit dwelling in you.
12 So, then, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh;
13 for if according to the flesh ye do live, ye are about to die; and if, by the Spirit, the deeds of the body ye put to death, ye shall live;

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let Youngs Literal Translation spell it out for you in context:
10 And if Christ [is] in you, the body, indeed, [is] dead because of sin, and the Spirit [is] life because of righteousness,
11 and if the Spirit of Him who did raise up Jesus out of the dead doth dwell in you, He who did raise up the Christ out of the dead shall quicken also your dying bodies, through His Spirit dwelling in you.
12 So, then, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh;
13 for if according to the flesh ye do live, ye are about to die; and if, by the Spirit, the deeds of the body ye put to death, ye shall live;
How does that help you?
What is Paul getting at?

22 We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. 23 Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption to sonship, the redemption of our bodies. 24 For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what they already have? 25 But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.

The redemption of our bodies is a future event.
Creation will be returned to the state it occupied when first created, before sin entered into the world
Paul makes it clear that we are not there yet. In this present moment, all of creation continues to groan together in the pains of childbirth.
Including our bodies. I do a lot of groaning some days because of aches and pains. We are waiting for the day when the suffering will end and all will be made right. In the new heavens and earth. If you think we are there, you must be willingly blind.
Death is still happening but that's okay:

"For your sake we face death all day long;
we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”

37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Paul isn't leading us along to say we no longer physically die. He's getting to the point that death doesn't get the final victory, because it doesn't separate us from Christ

Reactions: friend of

The Kreisel

Feb 9, 2021
Tahoe City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How does that help you?
What is Paul getting at?

22 We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. 23 Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption to sonship, the redemption of our bodies. 24 For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what they already have? 25 But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.

The redemption of our bodies is a future event.
Creation will be returned to the state it occupied when first created, before sin entered into the world
Paul makes it clear that we are not there yet. In this present moment, all of creation continues to groan together in the pains of childbirth.
Including our bodies. I do a lot of groaning some days because of aches and pains. We are waiting for the day when the suffering will end and all will be made right. In the new heavens and earth. If you think we are there, you must be willingly blind.
Death is still happening but that's okay:

"For your sake we face death all day long;
we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”

37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Paul isn't leading us along to say we no longer physically die. He's getting to the point that death doesn't get the final victory, because it doesn't separate us from Christ

Wrong.
You've "made a covenant with death and hell" - Isaiah 28:15.

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm curious as to what the purpose of this thread was.

Was it to state that Christians are going to hell?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So why are christians still dying to beat-the-band?
Christians do not escape physical death until the Resurrection/Rapture. But all the saints go directly to Heaven when they die. Only their bodies remain in their graves.

Reactions: Renniks

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When we are born again, it is our nature inside our body that goes from death to eternal life. It dies on the cross and is resurrected now. Our nature is our mind and desires Paul calls "the flesh." It is why if we are born again, it is because the Holy Spirit has come inside of us to kill the old nature, and create a whole new nature. Romans 8:9. Those who experience no change regarding the desire to sin have never been born again, and are only Christians in name only, but are NOT abiding in Christ and He in us. 1 John 3:24 We must truly repent before the Holy Spirit is given to us. And without the Spirit we do not belong to Christ.

Our body is separate from our nature. It must die also and be resurrected to eternal life. Romans 8:10.
And the beauty of it , IS GOD leads us to repentance . yeah . aint that a beauty .
For by grace ye are saved . God pricked our heart . He put that new nature in us .
Oh yes . And if we have NOT the SPIRIT we are none of HIS . If we do then the body is dead because of sin .
SING TO THE GLORIOUS LORD . YEP . By their fruits ye shall indeed know them .

Reactions: CharismaticLady

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correct, if you're ruled by the demonic nature of death -
You'll have to factor Romans 8:13 into your analysis:
"For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; BUT if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live."

Once you move beyond the simplicity of it, it get's complicated

Even the Apostles and disciples of Jesus die and sleep in death until the resurrection which begins at the second coming of Jesus. You can disbelieve that but I'm not going to agree with you.

The Kreisel

Feb 9, 2021
Tahoe City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even the Apostles and disciples of Jesus die and sleep in death until the resurrection which begins at the second coming of Jesus. You can disbelieve that but I'm not going to agree with you.
You disagreeing with the WORD OF GOD -
To deny the word of God is denying Jesus Christ.

The Kreisel

Feb 9, 2021
Tahoe City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm curious as to what the purpose of this thread was.

Was it to state that Christians are going to hell?

Christians are already in Hell - trapped in the "Gates of Hades" - Matthew 16:18

It's to state how they are in gross-darkness, in the "strong delusion".
Notice how everyone here is is in absolute denial of Romans 8:13.

Got to love that - it fulfills prophecy/

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, another antichrist = antiLIFE.
"And NOW (on this forum) there are MANY (not a few) ANTI-Christ's" - I John 2:18
I still have no idea what you believe. Maybe instead of dissing everyone, you could actually explain it in full? Naw, didn't think so.

The Kreisel

Feb 9, 2021
Tahoe City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I still have no idea what you believe. Maybe instead of dissing everyone, you could actually explain it in full? Naw, didn't think so.
Right, I only give a pearl here and there, to see if anyone catches on, you won't see me elaborate to insincere mortals like you.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right, I only give a pearl here and there, to see if anyone catches on, you won't see me elaborate to insincere mortals like you.
Thanks, I really need a good laugh!
Oh great and mighty immortal, please do enlighten us.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You disagreeing with the WORD OF GOD -
To deny the word of God is denying Jesus Christ.

You're the one disagreeing with the word of God, so you're the one denying Jesus Christ. 1Thessalonians 4:13-17 tells us those who have died in Christ and sleep in death will be resurrected at the lord second presence of Jesus Christ.

The Kreisel

Feb 9, 2021
Tahoe City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're the one disagreeing with the word of God, so you're the one denying Jesus Christ. 1Thessalonians 4:13-17 tells us those who have died in Christ and sleep in death will be resurrected at the lord second presence of Jesus Christ.

(poor old guy, some people you just have to let die in their delusions)