Why Christians Disagree

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

FatalMoves

Feb 9, 2019
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
This is the direction but alone how can anyone take it? how can anyone stay on the road to the end?

"O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps." Jerem 10:23
I would conceive that a God who is perfect and lacks nothing would need nothing from its own creation.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But @Jane_Doe22 says I need to study more to understand God.
Untrue.

I said that if you wanted to understand different branches of theology, you needed to study. Since your questions have been about theology, that is the logical course of action.

Again, until you are willing to do something (listen and/or study), asking any questions is pointless.

Last edited:
Reactions: Willie T

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But @Jane_Doe22 says I need to study more to understand God.
Communication between people is always a problem. When we are able to communicate correctly with God, our communication with other believers will not be a problem even on points on which we disagree.

Study is a good thing and we are told to study, but study alone is not a guarantee of a final good result. The only guarantee of a final good result is first being led by God and then acting or reacting as God advises us to do.

There is balance of two necessary things for a believer. We need to eat the dead flesh of Jesus [this could be what we read in the Bible. This is the study part] and it needs to be quickened [brought to Life] by the blood of Jesus. This last is possible by drinking his blood. Without the blood there is no Life.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would conceive that a God who is perfect and lacks nothing would need nothing from its own creation.
Have you, who says there is no God, now decided what God must be according to your conception? Believers do not fully understand and they often disagree on what He is, yet you would tell us what He must be.

Reactions: Helen and Willie T

FatalMoves

Feb 9, 2019
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Have you, who says there is no God, now decided what God must be according to your conception? Believers do not fully understand and they often disagree on what He is, yet you would tell us what He must be.
Well what would a perfect fulfilled being look like?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well what would a perfect fulfilled being look like?

Perhaps our best answer would be what we read in scripture, but does this describe almighty God?

"And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.
His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;
And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.
And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength." Rev 1:13-16

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A believer who has become Converted (ie received the Gifts from God to be Baptized in the Spirit of God)....has whole different OPTION "gifted" (by God) to such person.
That’s why in revelation He refers to himself as the Amen!
THE ANSWER IS ALWAYS A RESOUNDING YES!

Reactions: Taken

FatalMoves

Feb 9, 2019
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Perhaps our best answer would be what we read in scripture, but does this describe almighty God?

"And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.
His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;
And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.
And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength." Rev 1:13-16
I don't care about the bibles point of view like a lot of people do.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what's the meaning of meeting the Lord in the air.

Just what it says. The rapture is a deceptive doctrine thought of in the 1800's by Darby. I am not a evangelical and do not believe things they do like the rapture or dispensationalism

Wrong.

The Rapture in Pseudo-Ephraemby

All the saints and elect of God are gathered together before the tribulation,which is to come, and are taken to the Lord, in order that they may not see atany time the confusion which overwhelms the world because of our sins. –Pseudo-Ephraem (c. 374-627

As for your CHARISMATIC EPISCOPAL CHURCH
https://www.virtueonline.org/charismatic-episcopal-church-experiences-split
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=is+the+charismatic+episcopal+church+a+cult&t=h_&ia=web
https://www.virtueonline.org/charismatic-episcopal-church-experiences-split

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrong.

The Rapture in Pseudo-Ephraemby

All the saints and elect of God are gathered together before the tribulation,which is to come, and are taken to the Lord, in order that they may not see atany time the confusion which overwhelms the world because of our sins. –Pseudo-Ephraem (c. 374-627

As for your CHARISMATIC EPISCOPAL CHURCH
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=is+the+charismatic+episcopal+church+a+cult&t=h_&ia=web

Well I don't believe in the tribulation either and that link is old get real dude

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You become tired believing in thing's all the time, you just get to a point you want to know.

I never did, I got to the point that I embraced the historic Church and left evangelicalism behind. I did question things but I will never leave the Lord because as St. Peter said "Lord, to whom would we go? You have the words that give eternal life." (John 6:68).