Why Christians Disagree

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

FatalMoves

Feb 9, 2019
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I never did, I got to the point that I embraced the historic Church and left evangelicalism behind. I did question things but I will never leave the Lord because as St. Peter said "Lord, to whom would we go? You have the words that give eternal life." (John 6:68).
How would they actually have know if they hadn't acquired eternal life.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How would they actually have know if they hadn't acquired eternal life.

Because they believed. The idea that everything must be proved is a western idea, not everything needs to be proved. For instances I believe in the Real Presence in the Holy Eucharist, can I prove it to satisfy someone? Maybe not but I don't care because I have belief and Faith which is much stronger than proof. You say what proof is everything, but even proof can be mitigated by another by my faith in God is my rock.

FatalMoves

Feb 9, 2019
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Because they believed. The idea that everything must be proved is a western idea, not everything needs to be proved. For instances I believe in the Real Presence in the Holy Eucharist, can I prove it to satisfy someone? Maybe not but I don't care because I have belief and Faith which is much stronger than proof. You say what proof is everything, but even proof can be mitigated by another by my faith in God is my rock.
How is belief and faith stronger than proof?

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How is belief and faith stronger than proof?

Because proof only carries so far. You have belief that you have a light when you turn it on but not proof until you do, you have faith in the fact that electricity will be there. It's so strong that you don't question it and you know that it will turn on. Faith is me knowing God is there even though I have no physical proof but what He has done in my life. No matter what you show me my faith in God is strong enough that I can never be persuaded against Him.

Reactions: Helen and Nancy

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I look at the actions and teachings in the bible and come the conclusion that most people, including myself, have better morals than god does.

If you do not believe in God, why use Him as a comparison standard ?

Taken

Reactions: Nancy

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just said I studied for 18 years. I also said if you had sufficient evidence that god exists then post it.

Vince ~
About your studying; can you share...
Did you read things you believed?
Did you read things you did not believe?
And what did you do about the things you did not believe?

Also do you have sufficient evidence that God does not exist?

Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Here is the point. The Lord desires me to trust to believe in God, in Him.
I desired to trust to believe in God, in Him.
And I trust He gave me the Faith-FULLNESS, to accomplish my desires..
And thus, that established "my" standing.

A Muslim can say the same thing about Allah. Would you believe in leprechauns if I said I believed in them and they gave me wisdom, understanding and comfort?

Yes, you could say the same thing about anything. And you could claim belief in leprechauns that they give you wisdom, understanding and comfort, and I would believe that is your standing, and likely what you worship, and it would not affect me one iota.

Do you think your disbelief in God will have any affect on you?

Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The bible is clear that the believer's and followers of Jesus are to be of one accord,

The One Accord is accomplished within that particular group; WHEN each is Converted in Christ Jesus.

The open invitation every Church offers, is for anyone to come and hear and learn About God/Christ Jesus, to see IF they would like to also become among the same with One Accord.

Conversion
^^ THAT is a mans reasonable service unto God.

be of one mind, be of one judgment.

The Mind, the capability of Judgement, is not something that becomes CHANGED during a Conversion.
Those things are developed over a course of time and effort of the Converted individual.

But when you see that the opposite is true, that believer's are not all of one accord or of one mind then we can only speculate that something is very wrong.

You have based your understanding of One Accord on a false understanding.

Taken

Reactions: Waiting on him

FatalMoves

Feb 9, 2019
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
The One Accord is accomplished within that particular group; WHEN each is Converted in Christ Jesus.

The open invitation every Church offers, is for anyone to come and hear and learn About God/Christ Jesus, to see IF they would like to also become among the same with One Accord.

Conversion
^^ THAT is a mans reasonable service unto God.

The Mind, the capability of Judgement, is not something that becomes CHANGED during a Conversion.
Those things are developed over a course of time and effort of the Converted individual.

You have based your understanding of One Accord on a false understanding.

Taken
How about I come back to Jesus for the rest of the day, see how that plays out.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't care about the bibles point of view like a lot of people do.
Well I'll not argue the point with you. What I care about is God's point of view. Is it presented in the Bible? I believe so, but I also believe that not just anyone who reads the Bible will see God in it. That is their loss... and then I suppose yours. I would that it were not so.

FatalMoves

Feb 9, 2019
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Well I'll not argue the point with you. What I care about is God's point of view. Is it presented in the Bible? I believe so, but I also believe that not just anyone who reads the Bible will see God in it. That is their loss... and then I suppose yours. I would that it were not so.
What has a book some monkeys cooked up got to do with the truth of the existence of this whole universe. God makes this whole universe for just one race of people, for just one planet. In the end he will destroy it all just to save you and your other lousy mates.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What has a book some monkeys cooked up got to do with the truth of the existence of this whole universe. God makes this whole universe for just one race of people, for just one planet. In the end he will destroy it all just to save you and your other lousy mates.
You may at one time have studied the Bible well but your lack of understanding shows up in what you have written here on this forum.

Reactions: Helen
B

brakelite

Seventh day Adventists require works as well if you look at how they define faith.
Not quite. SDAs do not require works. That is misleading. Faith requires works, for like James said, faith without works is dead.
SDAs perhaps are the only ones brave enough to teach that...and when they do they get derided as being "legalists" ...and worse.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not quite. SDAs do not require works. That is misleading. Faith requires works, for like James said, faith without works is dead.
SDAs perhaps are the only ones brave enough to teach that...and when they do they get derided as being "legalists" ...and worse.

I'm not SDA and I do not deride you :) It's my belief that "works" are simply evidence of His saving grace and, these works will come naturally and cheerfully if they are pure.
"You will know them by their fruits..."