Why Christians Disagree

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Vince,

I gave you some material to consider in a couple of posts, haven't heard a word of response, but I see you're still quarrelling with others. You should at least have some common courtesy when persons take time to answer your request for help, info, what have you.

I hope you'll take the time to listen to what was given, to also take the time and listen to Dr. James White and subscribe to his podcasts. If you're truly wanting to hear, then take the time to listen.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yep: "I was saved because I accepted..."

I was saved...when I was told that -"while we were YET SINNERS Christ died for the ungodly and sinners... "

So...I was saved because I HAD BEEN accepted.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Still disagree with you.

The saved soul is eternal and does go to heaven once the body dies.

The quickened spirit is eternal and does go to heaven once the body dies.

Taken

We disagree but since it does not change who is safe to who is not why keep arguing?

Reactions: Helen

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Vince,

I gave you some material to consider in a couple of posts, haven't heard a word of response, but I see you're still quarrelling with others. You should at least have some common courtesy when persons take time to answer your request for help, info, what have you.

I hope you'll take the time to listen to what was given, to also take the time and listen to Dr. James White and subscribe to his podcasts. If you're truly wanting to hear, then take the time to listen.

What difference does it make for a calvinist since there's no free will involved.

You guys preaching is pointless and futile per calvinism. No value at all.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Satan is terrified of believers who know who they are 'In Christ'.

Reactions: ScottA

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Corelssue ~

Wish you would learn how to post a reply without it being mixed in my post and looking like what you have said is my words. # 388

Taken

Reactions: ScottA

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We disagree but since it does not change who is safe to who is not why keep arguing?

Yes we disagree.
And yes I will continue to say what I believe.
That is not arguing.

Taken

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
="Taken, post: 514376, member: 7756"]Corelssue ~

Wish you would learn how to post a reply without it being mixed in my post and looking like what you have said is my words. # 388Are run no real c are run no real cop go up that
Taken[/
Interesting. My response did appear in the post. It was all in your words.

I fixed it if you wish to pull back and read.

How could you confuse your words as being my words? Strange.

B

brakelite

It always sifts down to the lowest level as being salvation by self-righteousness. And it robs God of his glory in salvation and applies it to one's own self.
No. It is more to the glory of God that He would love to the extent that it can be refused. If love is such as cannot be rejected, it isn't love. It's spiritual rape.

Reactions: CoreIssue
B

brakelite

@Taken @CoreIssue You may both disagree concerning soul/spirit, but you are both very wrong simply because you both believe that man is naturally immortal is some sense. Yet scripture plainly declares that God only is immortal. Neither of you believe scripture so long as you continue to believe your own personal theories on the immortality of the soul/spirit.

Reactions: Harvest 1874
B

brakelite

Scripture is clear. The Body is a Vessel.
The Body isn't LIFE, it receives LIFE, by and through God.

A BODY without LIFE, is still a body, still exists, but is without LIFE.
The concept of the body being a vessel is pure Greek philosophy...Platonic and Aristotelian pagan rubbish. You say scripture is clear...so how did you miss the most important, incisive, and instructional text in relation to this subject right there at creation...
Genesis 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
Man became a living soul...did not receive a soul, but the entire combination of body (which till that time was still mud) and the infusion of the breath of life which gives life to the blood and in turn which animates the mud...thus man becomes a living soul. When the breath of life returns to God Who gave it, life ceases. the body dies, and reverts back to its original composition...mud.

SOULS exists because they have Gods Breath of Life in them.
YES! Exactly as I showed above.

Saved LIVING souls go to God in Heaven, while their body is Dead in the Ground. Those living souls are ENJOYING their WAIT for their Bodies to be raised up in a Glorified Body.
But now right here is where you jump to an enormous supposition which scripture no where hints at. How can a living soul go to heaven...go anywhere and enjoy anything, when that part of the human existence that feels, communicates, and senses, is now dust?

Unsaved LIVING souls go to Hell, separated from God, while their Dead body is in the Ground. Those living souls are WAITING
Because you create in your own mind the above assumption, you must therefore make room for this one. If saved souls are immortal, then unsaved souls must be also. So you need to find an address for them. Somewhere to live.

Huh? Where is that coming from?
Who said or implied any such thing?
You did, here....
"Live"... they can't.

"Exist"...they can.
in reference to 'souls' ...dead 'souls' in hell separated from God yet still existing, and while you say they are dead, they obviously ostensibly still feel pain and a sense of "waiting'. So, my question...obviously God 'exists' , but can He exist and be dead at the same time seeing He is Spirit?

Vince

Feb 20, 2019
Ft Worth
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Look, I get it. I am the bearer of bad news. I had to put you in your place and show you that you are being a spoiled brat and looking a gift horse in the mouth, and all that. But it is the truth, and you said you are seeking the truth.

So, unless you think or know you have it all figured out, that you have possession of all truth, that you are not the speck I have shown you you are...then you can be honest, face the music and grow up, or you can call it nonsense and remain in the dark, remain a babe, only to discover that I have told you the truth, when and if you ever mature...or when you meet your maker.

That's love...tough love.

You asked.
All you did was ignore the issues I brought up, go on a rant about me being a baby, call me names and called that love.

Care to address any of the issues with the god of the Bible I brought up?

Or provide any evidence he exists?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
*In the street of the blind, the one-eyed man is called the Guiding Light

ntmy:)

Um, I guess maybe the answer is tares?
Right on it my friend! Ahh, but how many tares would recognize what they are and if they did would openly admit it here?

Last edited:
Reactions: bbyrd009
B

brakelite

Why are you telling me I believe something I have never said ?

Taken
Because on your own testimony, everyone, whether good or evil, saved or lost, continues to feel pain, sorrow, joy, pleasure...they have senses sensitive to light, taste, touch, smell...they can think, speak, protest, swear, curse, blaspheme, praise, worship and wait....after they are presumably dead, despite that part of their being now returned to dust. Thus the only conclusion is that they aren't dead, but very much alive...regardless of their address.

Reactions: Harvest 1874

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The concept of the body being a vessel is pure Greek philosophy...Platonic and Aristotelian pagan rubbish.

Disagree.

2 Tim 1
[20] But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.
[21] If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

1 Pet 3
[7] Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.

Taken

B

brakelite

Disagree.

2 Tim 1
[20] But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.
[21] If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

1 Pet 3
[7] Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.

Taken
The vessel, in that context as clearly indicated in the text, is not being depicted as a container for an immortal soul or spirit...there is not intimation whatsoever of that being the case, not even hinted at. The context is speaking of the person's character. We possess a certain character...whether gold, silver, wood, stone. We do not have golden souls or wooden souls.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Right on it my friend! Ahh, but how many tares would recognize what they are and it they did would openly admit it here?
tares to me are bad ideas, I have tares right now I guess, I tend to prolly lecture rather than respond as a friend suggesting a possible better way to reason, etc.