Why Christians Should Believe Noah's Flood

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is why christians should believe Noah's flood.

#1. Jesus referred to Noah's flood as a real historical event of God's judgment on the earth as a warning of another of God's judgment that is coming on the earth. Jesus even referred to Sodom & Gomorrah as a real historical event of God's judgment on those cities. Luke 17:26-30

#2. Jesus spoke of God's judgement having to deal with fire as a warning to believers to be prepared as found abiding in Him as well as being willing to go. Luke 12:40-49

#2. Peter warned of the calamity of fire on the earth for why believers in present day are to be ready at all times and Peter also referred to Noah's flood as a reference for why believers should heed the warning. 2 Peter 3:3-14

So everything is the way it was before Noah's Flood. It will not be that way at the end of the great tribulation when christians will be persecuted and unable to buy & sell under the mark of the beast system to survive. The warnings from scripture applies to the times we are living in now BEFORE the that calamity of fire comes that burns up a third of the earth which will serve as a catalyst for the mark of the beast system to survive during the coming great tribulation.

Many believers will not be ready as found abiding in Him as His disciple nor be willing to go to leave their lives and loved ones on earth when the Bridegroom comes.

As much as people mock Noah's flood, christians should not disbelieve it because Jesus validated Noah's flood as a real time event to warn of a future fiery judgment coming from God on the earth.

P.S. to readers outside the forum; you can click on the scripture references in this post and it should pop up a window showing the scripture for you to read to confirm the truth in this OP.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
so have you found the joy of the Lord overnight, or you still anxious to die to be with Jesus?
i know this seems harsh ok, and i only ask because you presume to teach again

you don't think maybe you shouldn't go fix your death wish first?
maybe find out where you got Death More Abundantly from?
wadr

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so have you found the joy of the Lord overnight, or you still anxious to die to be with Jesus?
i know this seems harsh ok, and i only ask because you presume to teach again

you don't think maybe you shouldn't go fix your death wish first?
maybe find out where you got Death More Abundantly from?
wadr

2 Corinthians 5:7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:) 8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord. 9 Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him. 10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. 11 Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.

I have no desire to commit suicide, but I desire to die to be with the Lord. But if the rapture comes first, I shall be more joyful with Him for that.

Committing suicide would be doing bad to his body which is the Temple of the Holy Spirit.

1 Corinthians 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? 20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
As much as people mock Noah's flood, christians should not disbelieve it because Jesus validated Noah's flood as a real time event to warn of a future fiery judgment coming from God on the earth.

Interesting opener.
I actually didn't know that some Christians did not believe in the flood!:eek:
I just know that some say it was localized in the middle eastern area.
Others say it was world wide.
But, why would God flood the whole world, when there when it had not been peopled yet?
Im not sure which is right... and probably it doesn't really matter anyway.

Reactions: pia

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
but I desire to die to be with the Lord.
yet Christ came that you might have "Life, more abundantly."

if you want to die, then die daily imo. Living Sacrifices are not anxious to die, at least once they get the point here imo.

2 Corinthians 5:7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:) 8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord. 9 Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him.
imo the wrong passage has been bolded there, but you may believe that Paul was saying "to be absent from the body is to be etcetc" if you like. Yes, that certainly matches your perspective.

"I will never leave you, nor forsake you"

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Interesting opener.
But, why would God flood the whole world, when there when it had not been peopled yet?
Jubal and Jabal survived the deluge - Google Search

Noach is a great parable that you may apply to your walk; Noah is a girl

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is a fact that there was a flood, and Noah and his family floated above the Judgment of God, in the NT it is said that Sodom was still intact as Abraham said, nothing but ash salt and nothing grows there, one of the Apostles said that it was for an ensample, something we can see and they have rediscovered it as in now. there are always claims about the Ark, and the red sea crossing, the red sea crossing at Pihetero across from Baalziphon does exist, there is a underwater land bridge between those two points, God I believe has kept these points of interest for all to know that He is God, and man's search for them will be the evidence for all.
Yes! All these thing's were the Judgement of God, for those that rejected God, they refused to be governed by God, this is the enmity that was nailed to the Cross.

That said we are to be steadfast in our faith, looking for our redemption, and not fearing what might come about in our lifetime, serve Him for life, and hopefully life everlasting.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting opener.

When God created land on the third day, it was one continent back in Noah's days.

After the flood, when time had passed, the waters from the deep that had been forced to the surface by asteroid impacts, forming the mid-Atlantic Ridge, had left a huge pocket under the earth that eventually, the weight of the earth dropped, dividing the earth in Peleg's days.

Genesis 10:And unto Eber were born two sons: the name of one was Peleg; for in his days was the earth divided; and his brother's name was Joktan.

The region that is the Atlantic Ocean was once land and that is how we got the many different continents today was because of the sinking of the land.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jubal and Jabal survived the deluge - Google Search

Noach is a great parable that you may apply to your walk; Noah is a girl

The Bible says otherwise as only 8 people were saved as confirmed by Peter.

1 Peter 3:20Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

No one else. Confirmed by Peter.

2 Peter 2:5 And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;

And Paul confirmed that Noah was male.

Hebrews 11:7 By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

Reactions: Nomad

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Noach (Rest) is a great Scriptural lesson, that vastly predates Genesis; Noah (Shaky Girl, Lady Wanderer) is the lesson you get in church

Before Noah: Myths of the Flood Are Far Older Than the Bible - Time
time.com › World › movies
Apr 2, 2014 - The film, based on the biblical story in Genesis of Noah’s Ark and the Great Flood, arrived amid a deluge of outrage from religious groups. ... The story of Noah may be part of the Abrahamic canon, but the legend of the Great Flood almost certainly has prebiblical origins, rooted in ...

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
The Bible says otherwise as only 8 people were saved as confirmed by Peter.

1 Peter 3:20Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

No one else. Confirmed by Peter.

2 Peter 2:5 And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;

And Paul confirmed that Noah was male.

Hebrews 11:7 By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.
i posted that without having seen this...but i can't think of a better reply, so there you go.
i hope you understand, i prefer to get my instruction from those who have found Life, more abundantly
dang, i guess that sounds mean too...i engage with you bc you have made a cry for help imo
ha ya that helps

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since only 8 people survived the flood from which all of mankind that exists today has come from, then there would be some legends of the flood carried on down through the history that can be found in most of the cultures on the earth.

Flood Legends From Around the World

So something happened that mankind testified to and yet science is yet slow in coming around to acknowledging it, blinded by the evolution theory

Stephen Jay Gould postulated Punctuated Equilibrium or Rapid Macroevolution because Gradual Macroevolution cannot be true due to the huge gap of transitional fossils in the fossil record. He had stipulated evidence of a fossil explosion that had to occur ( or so he assumed ) back in Precambrian or Cambrian period ( I forgot which period he referred to as happening as if he could prove either one anyway ) and that a global flood had to tap that capacity.

On the Andes Mountains top, there are fossilized whale bones with other fossilized marine life FOUND buried with fossilized land animal bones TOGETHER. While evolution puts their slant on how this comes about by the mountains rising from the sea, they are being obtuse about how fossilized land animal bones being found with them even though they should know better because geological upthrusting generally destroy fossil beds.

WHALE FOSSILS HIGH IN ANDES SHOW HOW MOUNTAINS ROSE FROM SEA

Anybody got common sense to put the 2 discoveries together by getting rid of the evolution time table, and you may see evidence of a global flood that reached the mountains where corpses were caught together on mountain tops at the receding of the waters from the flood.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i posted that without having seen this...but i can't think of a better reply, so there you go.
i hope you understand, i prefer to get my instruction from those who have found Life, more abundantly
dang, i guess that sounds mean too...i engage with you bc you have made a cry for help imo
ha ya that helps

Not exactly a good way to respond to me if you had really believed I was crying for help. You shouldn't mock. There was no other way for me to take it when you had given it that way.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Noach (Rest) is a great Scriptural lesson, that vastly predates Genesis; Noah (Shaky Girl, Lady Wanderer) is the lesson you get in church

Before Noah: Myths of the Flood Are Far Older Than the Bible - Time
time.com › World › movies
Apr 2, 2014 - The film, based on the biblical story in Genesis of Noah’s Ark and the Great Flood, arrived amid a deluge of outrage from religious groups. ... The story of Noah may be part of the Abrahamic canon, but the legend of the Great Flood almost certainly has prebiblical origins, rooted in ...

I am aware of the other flood legends but the difference between those "myths" and the Bible is how the Bible includes genealogy in connecting Noah in that family tree that the nation of Israel is related to, thus giving solid evidence to heed that Bible version of account of the flood as more reliable than the sporadic myths of flood legends that is not really connected to anything based in reality in that culture.

http://www.nwcreation.net/noahlegends.html

Not saying that the other flood legends should be discounted, but not all the information is the same thus revealing how stories can change as it was carried down from generations and generations but Jesus Christ, the Son of God, validated Noah and the flood so you can pretty much bet that Genesis account is the true and full account of what other flood legends are missing or containing "poetic licensing" down through the ages.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I am aware of the other flood legends but the difference between those "myths" and the Bible is how the Bible includes genealogy in connecting Noah in that family tree that the nation of Israel is related to, thus giving solid evidence to heed that Bible version of account of the flood as more reliable than the sporadic myths of flood legends that is not really connected to anything based in reality in that culture.

Flood Legends From Around the World

Not saying that the other flood legends should be discounted, but not all the information is the same thus revealing how stories can change as it was carried down from generations and generations but Jesus Christ, the Son of God, validated Noah and the flood so you can pretty much bet that Genesis account is the true and full account of what other flood legends are missing or containing "poetic licensing" down through the ages.
sure, i got raised with that myself, but i suggest that the truth is a bit different, and Noach just builds upon those, similar to the Decalogue, which likely predate Hammurabi

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is a fact that there was a flood, and Noah and his family floated above the Judgment of God, in the NT it is said that Sodom was still intact as Abraham said, nothing but ash salt and nothing grows there, one of the Apostles said that it was for an ensample, something we can see and they have rediscovered it as in now. there are always claims about the Ark, and the red sea crossing, the red sea crossing at Pihetero across from Baalziphon does exist, there is a underwater land bridge between those two points, God I believe has kept these points of interest for all to know that He is God, and man's search for them will be the evidence for all.
Yes! All these thing's were the Judgement of God, for those that rejected God, they refused to be governed by God, this is the enmity that was nailed to the Cross.

That said we are to be steadfast in our faith, looking for our redemption, and not fearing what might come about in our lifetime, serve Him for life, and hopefully life everlasting.

Thank you for contributing.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sure, i got raised with that myself, but i suggest that the truth is a bit different, and Noach just builds upon those, similar to the Decalogue, which likely predate Hammurabi

Since Jesus is the Son of God and has validated Moses' writings as scripture, it doesn't matter if God finally gets the truth written down by Moses later than other cultures that knew of the global flood that had an earlier spin on it.

John 10:34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods? 35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

Since Abraham had seen Jesus in His day before His incarnation, one can see how when Moses had written of Him, Moses was led by the Spirit.

John 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. 40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life....46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me; for he wrote of me. 47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

John 8:56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad. 57 Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham? 58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

So when Jesus referred to Noah and the flood as a real time event for believers to take heed to His warning for what is coming, Jesus validated Moses' writing of Genesis as truth for why scripture cannot be broken.