Why Christians wont go through the tribulation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I still can't get around the scripture that tells me that He will catch me away into the clouds!
Jody, with all respect, no one is disputing that God will come, but the issue lies in the false intepretation of when he will come. I Thessalonians 4:16-17
For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
I fail to see the secret rapture.

Wayne Murray

Jan 15, 2007
No such thing as a rapture. There are two tribulations, Satan's (instead of Christ) and Christ's (the true) at the seventh trump. If you want to learn what God's Word teaches, the truth, get a hold of me and I will document exactly what God's Word teachs.

jodycour

Jun 4, 2007
Natchitoches, La
(Denver;35238)
Jody, with all respect, no one is disputing that God will come, but the issue lies in the false intepretation of when he will come. I Thessalonians 4:16-17 I fail to see the secret rapture.
I don't see a secret Rapture either. I think that the whole world will witness it!I really don't care when as long as I go up to be with Jesus!

jodycour

Jun 4, 2007
Natchitoches, La
(Wayne Murray;35244)
No such thing as a rapture. There are two tribulations, Satan's (instead of Christ) and Christ's (the true) at the seventh trump. If you want to learn what God's Word teaches, the truth, get a hold of me and I will document exactly what God's Word teachs.
I do know what God's Word teaches, It teaches that we will be caught away into the clouds to be with Jesus in a very puplic way!

crooner

Aug 11, 2007
Right but after 5 or 6 trumpet and that right dab in time of trouble. No secret rapture 2nd coming. Coming in clouds yes. Meet Him in the air yes.

Wayne Murray

Jan 15, 2007
(jodycour;35309)
I do know what God's Word teaches, It teaches that we will be caught away into the clouds to be with Jesus in a very puplic way!
Heb.12:1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, cloud = throng, a figure of speech used by Paul.I Thes. 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. (in the clouds), "the" is not in the manuscripts, should be rendered (in clouds) and as Paul uses it (in throngs).air G109 aēr (ah-ayr') From ἄημι aēmi (to breathe unconsciously, that is, respire; by analogy to blow); “air” (as naturally circumambient): - air. Compare G5594.The word "air" does not mean sky but the breathe of life spirit body.This is only one of a hundred examples of truth.

envilleguy

Jul 18, 2007
For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord what get me is people don,t look up words to see what they mean, the word air does not mean sky it means air. i am siting in the air right now and caught up in this verse was added .the king james was writing in 1611 so you must have a dictionary that go back to 1611 to 1900 . you do know that a sentence has a direction , and the word rapture does not mean what you think!

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
Sure they will. Just like Jews and who ever else. I do not know of any second secret rapture. Church will be raptured first then the 144,000 follow and then those of the grave as I call them...

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Two;35393)
Sure they will. Just like Jews and who ever else. I do not know of any second secret rapture. Church will be raptured first then the 144,000 follow and then those of the grave as I call them...
Where is everybody making this ridiculous comment...I Thessalonians 4:16 - For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:I Thessalonians 4:17 - Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour if the world.

jodycour

Jun 4, 2007
Natchitoches, La
(Wayne Murray;35363)
Heb.12:1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, cloud = throng, a figure of speech used by Paul.I Thes. 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. (in the clouds), "the" is not in the manuscripts, should be rendered (in clouds) and as Paul uses it (in throngs).air G109 aēr (ah-ayr') From ἄημι aēmi (to breathe unconsciously, that is, respire; by analogy to blow); “air” (as naturally circumambient): - air. Compare G5594.The word "air" does not mean sky but the breathe of life spirit body.This is only one of a hundred examples of truth.
There You go again tying one scripture into another.I looked up the scripture in the Strongs dictionary and the word Clouds in the scripture that says that we will be caught up into the clouds does not mention a thing about a throng!

Wayne Murray

Jan 15, 2007
I see, so we should (not) consider parables, Hebraisms or figures of speech. If I say, "Let's paint the town Red", we should get paint and brushes.All kidding aside, you have to consider Scripture in many ways sometimes. Paul spoke street Greek but his thoughts were that of a Hebrew scholar.In the front of the original 1611 King James Bible, I have a reprint, the translators wrote a letter to the reader. It would benefit every one to find a copy and read it.

jodycour

Jun 4, 2007
Natchitoches, La
Well in the scripture where it talks about that we are surounded by a great cloud of witness' that makes sense that this word would mean throng!But in the scripture that it says that we will be taken up in the clouds to be with our Lord, in the context of this scripture it makes absolutely no sense at all that this word cloud here that it would mean throng.Matter of fact when I looked up this particular word with this particular scripture, throng is not mentioned!It simply means clouds!

Nov 8, 2007
I believe in the Second Coming and a Pre-Trib Rapture. I once Stated I was a mid-trib, then switched to a post Trib. I'm gonna stick with the Pre-Trib Rapture. But before this Rapture Occurs, there will be persecution. Says so in The Gospel of St. Mark Chapter 13. Carry On
smile.gif
and smile

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Unorthodox Christian;36104)
I believe in the Second Coming and a Pre-Trib Rapture. I once Stated I was a mid-trib, then switched to a post Trib. I'm gonna stick with the Pre-Trib Rapture. But before this Rapture Occurs, there will be persecution. Says so in The Gospel of St. Mark Chapter 13. Carry On
smile.gif
and smile
And the fact that no where in the bible say that Christ is going to pick us up before Satan comes back.Satan comes at the 5th / 6th trumpet. (Revelation 9:1)Christ comes at the seventh trumpet (I Corinthians 15:40-54, I Thessalonians 4:16-17, Revelation 11:15) Reference: (Matthew 24:29-30, Mark 13:24-26, John 16:33)Mark 13:23 - But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things.I'm going to warn you, don't go on a path that will bring false peace to your soul Unorthodox Christian.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
jodycourI do know what God's Word teaches, It teaches that we will be caught away into the clouds to be with Jesus in a very puplic way!
What you fail to realize is the fact that we are not going anywhere,we will remain here where we were always meant to be,Heaven is whereever the Father is and He will be here on this earth forever beginning at the 7th trump.There is only one 2nd coming,one gathering so let me show you what will happen on that day,the Day of the LordZechariah 14:4 "And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south."This will happen on "the day of the Lord". God will shake the earth and send fire and brimstone upon it. The earthquakes will flatten the cities to where not one stone will stand upon another. Those two great mountains will shake, and the mount of Olives will split. All prophecies concerning Christ return include Mount Zion, and the Mount of Olives will be fulfilled. This is where Christ's feet will touch the earth, when He returns.Again we are not going anywhere Christ comes here this is His kingdom, the King and His dominion right here on earthActs 1:10 "And while they looked steadfastly toward heaven as He went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;"Did you get that? You are going to see Jesus come back to earth, at the second advent, coming in like manner as these men and women have seen Jesus ascend up into heaven. Jesus is going to return exactly as He had left. There is not going to be a stopping in space, while some claiming to be Christians are whisked away, flying out of here, No; it will be exactly in like manner as Jesus' going into heaven. Jesus left from the Mount of Olives, and He ascended up into the clouds, and He is going to come back in the same manner. Not to park somewhere on a cloud, but as you seen Him go, you will see Him return. It can't be hard to understand as many so-called religious scholars try to make it, with all their "hocus pocus rapture doctrines". Praise God for His written Word. What we are getting around to here, is the establishment of the church. Peter will establish the church by the commandment of the Living God. Today we have many so-called churches that claim to be kin to those that established this first church, who say that this is not true. They say that Jesus is coming back on a cloud and He is going to pull all these little people right up into the sky with Him. They have created a fairy-tale of side shows. What a damnable lie to mislead people. God's Word does not state any such nonsense. That whole idea was taken from a mentally ill person, Margaret McDonald, in 1830 in Scotland, and later migrated to America by the so-called "good brethren". Now ninety eight percent of all churches teach it, but it is not written in God's Word, and those that theach it are teaching a lie. They claim that it is written in I Thessalonians 4: where Paul stated that he did not want you to be ignorant as the heathen are, as to where are the dead. I Thessalonians 4:13 "But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep [deed, in the grave], that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope." I Thessalonians 4:14 "For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with Him." If you believe that Christ died and is not in the grave, surely by believe that those that follow Him, are not in the grave but have already risen. The dead shall rise first; Why? In Ecclesiastes 12:7 tells us that to be absent from the flesh body is to be present with the Lord. Naturally the dead have risen first, because they have already risen with Him at the time of their death. That is the whole message of Christianity, that we have eternal life, there is no time of soul sleep, ever. However the entire church system has blindly chased after a mentally ill woman, who set the standard for their false doctrine, in her encounter with her delerious evil vision. She didn't know any better, and besides she was mentally ill.

Wayne Murray

Jan 15, 2007
(jodycour;36518)
Well n2thelight,You are more than welcome to stay here if you want,but when Jesus calls for me, I'm outta here!
I say this will a sincere and heavy heart. If you believe in the rapture, you are listening to man, and have not study His Word to the depth required to see through the fallacies of men. You say "I'm outta here" and you are exactly right. When the marriage supper of the Lamb takes place, you will not be admitted. I suggest you study His Word and listen to His voice instead of the voice of men, because it is written. It is your choice.