Why did God love and forgive David so?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
The (world) was cleansed of much but man still had to deal with beasts, unclean as well as clean ones. All of the meanings found here are still not found.
oh, you found them already imo, church is great for this, they just haven't been all pulled apart and reconnected yet maybe, we get in in tongues, see, via lawyers, i mean you already get being too holy to be any earthly good, and not to be "too good" as Proverbs says, and there is another good one, we just touched on it yesterday, that illustrates this, i might think of it in a minute, oh ya "yea though i walk through the valley," see, nobody is taking that one literally lol, also "the poor you will always have with you" is a ref for this, i'm seeing now, we are created to manifest the holy into the profane, not eradicate the profane as we think, and judge, the profane to be, iow, if one is...waiting for a place of no profanity to start...doing what they think it is they are meant to do, then what are they really doing lol, God doesn't need any help making heaven better. oh, i see how to read Esau now, still not popping in though hmm. "Noah waiting" = "still not found," see.

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
@bbyrd009

When we are not in the Spirit, we are the walking dead... zombies. There is no reality without the Spirit for we really dead in the eyes of God even though we continue to walk around and interact with other dead people.
nice! now this could be put in more productive, rather than depressing ways, i guess, but the truth of the matter won't change. We are the walking dead, except when we manifest the Spirit. And of course we seek those exclusively manifesting the Spirit to interact with, but that is not what we are called to do at all, right, no harvest there

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
And Jesus did leave the world:
in the flesh anyway, yes
but these are in the world
is the point i guess
When do we seem to be alone and comfortless what has happened?
the sin of Esau imo; we have rejected our birthright
Was it a carnal reality or a spiritual lacking?
def an indicator of a bad step taken regardless, huh
course we are more likely to...manifest a Blues song than change our minds there, i guess. When we do seem to be alone and comfortless, i guess it is time to consider why we feel that we have been forsaken i guess, huh

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
"So I returned, and considered all the oppressions that are done under the sun: and behold the tears of such as were oppressed, and they had no comforter; and on the side of their oppressors there was power; but they had no comforter." Ecc 4:1

Would Jesus leave us and/or forsake us so that were again in our empty carnality?
from our perspective it would certainly seem that way, i guess, ya. But of course we are sposed to be following a diff...frame of mind when we are oppressed, right, tears is not supposed to be an accurate description of Joy i guess. They had no comforter, right

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Nor do we know what was "known / written" prior to Moses [assuming Genesis by Moses as commonly taught, though I am not inclined to agree]. That there was "knowledge", is a given, for that is clear within the Genesis account. We just do not know to what extent / degree.
hmm, yet Moses' "knowledge" is clearly documented outside the Canon, the second five of the Decalogue predate Hammurabi (a king of Babylon, ahem), etc
As for "hardness of heart", in the case of Jacob, law was given regarding sisters as wives after the fact, but not with regard to "wives". In reflection of "hardness of heart" though, provision was made for the first wife, that her "adornment", food and marital rights not be diminished. But again, not with regard to "wives".
ha well by definition any wife not Eve (a "second" wife) will be Lillith of course; both are outside Canon for a reason iow.
Which brings to mind the immortal words of Curly: "Are you married or happy?"
hmm, that strikes me as a reflection about one wife, but i agree with your point anyway

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ya, we do this to ourselves as a rule, huh. Rather than as an exception to it. And as men, as the idea guys of creation, this is a much harder lesson than for women imo, who are not attacked in the same way, and are free to...mess up along the path to manifesting a spirit without fear of reprisal or condemnation, right, mom prolly makes 100 "mistakes" manifesting Christmas for her family, for example, but who cares about that, at least after they have spent their first Christmas without mom, right.
I've never known enough about women to say what you are saying. I only have really known my wife and probably she is not a typical example, but I could be wrong on that as well.

Yes, people make mistakes and how they deal with them helps to form what they are and are becoming. Both unbelievers and believers are affected this way. An unbeliever may be led to believe. A believer may realize a need to go deeper into what God is and what God expects,or... go the other way. I've seen people who had a strong confession [or so it seemed to me at the time when I was at best agnostic and at worst close to being an atheist] toward God fall right into the worst pit ever.

In Viet Nam once such young man had only one girl friend and they had become engaged before he went overseas. He read his Bible and apparently prayed daily. He wrote letters to his fiance daily and nearly every day received letters from her. He was a tea-totaler in a place where most guys drank almost constantly. I don't how it happened, but one day I saw him return from town drunk out of his mind. To my knowledge he never read his Bible any more and he never answered his fiance's letters any more. He had become a heathen in activities and language. Eventually the Red Cross contacted him because he had cut off all communication not only with the girl but also with his family. I do not know the end of the story, but it never improved to my knowledge.

Another guy in the same platoon, started out seemingly the same way with a fiance and Bible reading and prayer. He never drank or cheated on his girl or any such things. He went back home and married her. He would pull out his harmonica once in a while and play songs familiar to us. It was from that I picked up the idea of playing the harmonica myself. My oldest harmonica is over 50 years old. I bought it and learned to play it before I met my wife [45 years married].

What was the difference between those two believers?

Neverminding that Xmas is pagan, and celebrating the wrong thing, that is irrelevant; that is on us guys lol. The point for the moment is "Mom makes Christmas." What "there" do you imagine being not "at" yet? Or what is preventing you from man...from being There right now? Lost my dang meme dangit but if a caterpillar has a butterfly in its future, and an acorn has a tree in its future, what is in your future?

We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord, right.
But that is not how mom gets Christmas created every year, see
Yes, in my case, my paternal grandmother made not only Christmas but exhibited a real love for Christ for all of her family. She loved everyone and was loved by everyone. That was true for all of the years that I knew her up until her death in 1985. She had been a widow for 35 years. When she died all of the family gradually started moving along their own ways. My grandmother was without doubt a very devout woman who strived to serve God and to keep her family serving God. When she was gone, only her own three children came even close to standing where she had always stood with God. Each generation removed from her seemed to be that much further removed from God's Way even though all of her grandchildren continued attending church services. Church attendance doesn't always mean much...

Loving God is certainly not something we inherit from our parents... although of course they can and do influence our choices.

Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
learning the law is tough anyway, period, and after all who would choose to be an adolescent twice, right.
pretty much everyone around them suffers with them, i guess
even though they are fine
People do not really want to be children, or like children, again even though the cost of not becoming so may be a very high one.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I've never known enough about women to say what you are saying.
ah, well see that i am only describing the experience of Christmas without mom, or some other person to manifest the spirit, which does not manifest out of thin air as we usually imagine, see. i guess a visit to my place after just being at mom's house during the Holidays would maybe clarify my point here lol

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I've seen people who had a strong confession [or so it seemed to me at the time when I was at best agnostic and at worst close to being an atheist] toward God fall right into the worst pit ever.
mmm-hmm. Dunno if you noticed in that state, but their profession did not line up with their confession, i bet

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha, God is so good, a little serendipity-doo-daa for us, i guess. This concept should also be embedded in the story of Esau, guess i'll have to go read it in the Lex, never have. The trannies seem lacking to me, i guess bc i'm still too wise lol

Noah waiting for a better world connects with
i would prolly already be there
see
One thing that does come to mind, is that Noah among men was the best that there was before the flood and yet we see him getting drunk shortly after getting out of the boat and into his day to day activities. Kind of reminds me of Lot:

"And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked:
(For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds;)" II Peter 2:7-8

How righteous was Noah? How just was Lot? If these were the good guy, how bad were the bad guys? Where is the better world? People are looking out beyond themselves, but what good are they likely to encounter there [beyond themselves] if their hearts remain dark?

Reactions: bbyrd009

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
true, but his symbology is different imo, no one eats ravens see
No one eats ravens? But people do eat other unclean animals as for example pigs. And was it not ravens who fed Elijah [I Kings 17:6] during a famine? What story is God telling us through the ravens?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah, that would be the earth then, right, as the world was gone, Noah's Party was the whole "world" at that point
Yes, his boat held perhaps the same kind of mess that followed Moses out of Egypt into the wilderness or was it cleaner in the Ark? What kind of a world [planet Earth] is it in which we [the carnal "we"] walk and talk and sin [if we do sin]? Only one door and a window? Hmmm?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
oh, you found them already imo, church is great for this, they just haven't been all pulled apart and reconnected yet maybe, we get in in tongues, see, via lawyers, i mean you already get being too holy to be any earthly good, and not to be "too good" as Proverbs says, and there is another good one, we just touched on it yesterday, that illustrates this, i might think of it in a minute, oh ya "yea though i walk through the valley," see, nobody is taking that one literally lol
I have had people speak of me as being too spiritual or too holy to be any earthly good. In a sense they may be right, but as I understand it they do not know [or care] what is it that God wants or expects from believers.

That place of death into which we were born when our mother bore us... that is where we still walk, but as David wrote it, we need not walk it alone:

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me." Psalm 23:4

Aha this comes back to having a Comforter, does it not?

, also "the poor you will always have with you" is a ref for this, i'm seeing now, we are created to manifest the holy into the profane, not eradicate the profane as we think, and judge, the profane to be, iow, if one is...waiting for a place of no profanity to start...doing what they think it is they are meant to do, then what are they really doing lol, God doesn't need any help making heaven better. oh, i see how to read Esau now, still not popping in though hmm. "Noah waiting" = "still not found," see.

Who are these poor that are always with us? Is this only carnal or material poverty? Consider the other "poor" of which Jesus spoke:

"Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven." Matt 5:3

There is definite difference, but people often do not know the difference between two really different things.

No heaven, the one I see where no sin is allowed or even possible [3rd heaven?] needs no changes. What needs to be changed is any man who will ever be allowed to enter into it.

We are still waiting on Noah's waiting.

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
No one eats ravens?
don't think so, they're pretty rank
But people do eat other unclean animals as for example pigs.
how come you can eat pig then, the restriction was given for a certain people, bc they were in a certain state, right, doesn't apply to you iow
And was it not ravens who fed Elijah [I Kings 17:6] during a famine?
ah, getting back on track now maybe, ya. i guess whores have been known to...um, provide, in times of need too, not to stray too far from the point again lol
What story is God telling us through the ravens?
ha no kidding. First ID the ravens i guess, symbolically, then go from there, what are ravens iow

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
What kind of a world [planet Earth] is it
hmm, i have separate symbologies for "world" and "earth," that many do not seem to share, so we would begin to speak at cross-purposes until this is resolved imo
in which we [the carnal "we"] walk and talk and sin [if we do sin]?
ha, pretty sure sin is almost all we do, but to address your question, it would seem pertinent for a "believer" to ask at some point why we still have evil after God wiped the Kosmou out in the flood, huh. Course the Erets didn't go anywhere, right. But obv ol' Noah must have had One of his Three out of line, love to see if his confession didn't line up with his profession somewhere in There, or if the principle is only reflected in the "children" of Noah...but of course the passage is doing at least double-duty,

Noah reps more than one concept, so even as he was obviously convicted, coming from conviction, building the Ark, he also obviously had Ham as a son. We know of a "curse of Ham," yet Shem was the childless one lol. I suggest this "curse" is pretty interesting, too, reminds me of nothing so much as a father who puts down a certain type of son with a proclivity for experimenting with...Dad's Bailywick (wife), the Horse Whisperer is coming to mind now

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
nice! now this could be put in more productive, rather than depressing ways, i guess, but the truth of the matter won't change. We are the walking dead, except when we manifest the Spirit. And of course we seek those exclusively manifesting the Spirit to interact with, but that is not what we are called to do at all, right, no harvest there
When I was a kid I used to watch some of those occasional zombie movies they were making to soften us up for what was coming. Now it seem to be here. Sometimes I want to watch something relaxing on the boobtube and discover the multitude of channels now has a multitude of zombie movies and series. Just the idea considering what I see around me turn me off strongly. As you might guess I watch little TV. The weather is OK, but even the older programs I used to get lost in [my imagination running wild] now more often that not remind me of harsh reality. It was always there, but I seldom could see any of it.

Then I come to this forum and one or two others and find conflict among people who call themselves believers. Different beliefs doesn't bother me but the harsh attitudes do. [How many really want to become like Jesus?] Too much emphasis on my doctrine and your doctrine wrong and condemnation if you won't change your belief to equal mine.

"Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God," Heb 6:1

Are "believers" continuing to lay a dead works foundation because they are really dead?

Reactions: Helen