Why did God love and forgive David so?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I have had people speak of me as being too spiritual or too holy to be any earthly good.
hmm well, if a turtle has to climb a tree to be accepted then i guess something is wrong with the test, not the turtle lol

or, uh, what was there reply to "oh, sorry, you were asking for some practical help here?" or just judging iow; as i doubt you would give mom any resistance @ helping make Christmas, even if you would be perfectly happy in a bare room, i guess. What was the context there iow; can't picture you ducking out of a presented need, and there is also a good way to be too spiritual to be any...worldly good at least, right.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
that is where we still walk, but as David wrote it, we need not walk it alone:

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
tbh the impression i get from most ppl, pastors too, is that this valley is only a future possibility, a possible scenario one might find themselves, in, iow a "might even" is inferred into the v right after the first "i," "Yea, though i (might even, at times) walk through the valley..."

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
All of the meanings found here are still not found.
all of the meanings found there have not been admitted is likely a better way to put that imo.
ppl seek a Holy Bible, to worship, see, we want to worship Jesus, not follow Him, even if these no longer apply to you.
there are no secrets iow, just truths that we cannot face yet. In Scripture, all in the Book, iow
any perception of a v that is not 100% is contested by the appropriate v, and the two cannot be resolved until the misunderstanding is

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
XXXXX
One thing that does come to mind, is that Noah among men was the best that there was before the flood and yet we see him getting drunk shortly after getting out of the boat and into his day to day activities.
ha interesting huh, he gets drunk and his (youngest? prolly) son either sees him naked, or sleeps with his mate, she was not a concubine right, so...ya, gotta get back to you herenow, so tomorrow for this then, but weird that Noah is not doxxed for getting "drunk" right, but his youngest is getting cursed for seeing. something. Uncovering is i guess a better perspective. manana tho

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Then I come to this forum and one or two others and find conflict among people who call themselves believers.
we can only manifest what we have learned so far i guess, ya. If you insist that it is raining when i know for a fact beyond all doubt that it is sprinkling, i don't see how i could possibly help you, and of course i cannot possibly be wrong, right, and in need of your help :)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Are "believers" continuing to lay a dead works foundation because they are really dead?
Law is "A or notA," so what else could a believer do? After all, their belief must be paramount cannot be assailed in any way, otherwise it is no longer "A," it is "notA," right. And we don't have the term "faither" in our lex, not even in there yet huh lol

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
It was always there, but I seldom could see any of it.
ya, hindsight is 20/20, huh. Plenty of Righteous Retribution going on back then, too, just seemed like the only way to "fight" evil back then i guess, to kill what does not agree with you, right. So then Noah becomes a story about where that happened essentially, huh; everyone that disagreed with Noah died

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
in the flesh anyway, yes

is the point i guess

the sin of Esau imo

def an indicator of a bad step taken regardless, huh
course we are more likely to...manifest a Blues song than change our minds there, i guess. When we do seem to be alone and comfortless, i guess it is time to consider why we feel that we have been forsaken i guess, huh
Carnal reactions from believers. Yet, so many say Once Saved Always Saved. They are right but oh so wrong.

"Well I never felt more like singin' the blues" [Guy Mitchell, Marty Robbins]

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
from our perspective it would certainly seem that way, i guess, ya. But of course we are sposed to be following a diff...frame of mind when we are oppressed, right, tears is not supposed to be an accurate description of Joy i guess. They had no comforter, right
This part of the why of the OT being left with us to show us the ways of carnal men. Men for the most part haven't changed a bit since the sacrifice of Jesus from what they were before. They still have no Comforter and it is usually, if not always, their own fault. Yet, consider also this verse:

"For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning." Psalm 30:5

Do we have more of the Holy Spirit than David had when he wrote those words?

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Men for the most part haven't changed a bit since the sacrifice of Jesus from what they were before. They still have no Comforter
zing, ya.

we're all just a bunch of OT types, and proclaiming NT from an OT mouth is just going to minafest confusion
Do we have more of the Holy Spirit than David had when he wrote those words?
ha, indeed, yes. i mean no.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah, well see that i am only describing the experience of Christmas without mom, or some other person to manifest the spirit, which does not manifest out of thin air as we usually imagine, see. i guess a visit to my place after just being at mom's house during the Holidays would maybe clarify my point here lol
Yes, indeed. This is some so quick to say nay to any remembrance of Christmas at all. If someone, or better some ones, with the right Spirit is in the gathering it can be very good. Consider:

"For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them." Matt 18:20

Some seem to believe that verse must relate to a "church" setting, but we would probably disagree with such an opinion.

Reactions: bbyrd009

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@bbyrd009
Amadeus said: No one eats ravens?
bbyrd009 said: don't think so, they're pretty rank
How hungry was the prodigal son just before he went back to his father? Hungry enough to eat a raven if it had been offered?
Amadeus said: But people do eat other unclean animals as for example pigs.
bbyrd009 said: how come you can eat pig then, the restriction was given for a certain people, bc they were in a certain state, right, doesn't apply to you iow
Probably you did not mean the "you" for me personally, but I'll answer it that way. I was eating pig as a child and liking it. At the time I certainly had not even a clue that someone would not eat it or might even be offended if it was offered to them. Even when I became aware that such restrictions existed and why, it already did not matter to me. It was much later before I gave serious consideration to why a restriction might not apply to me.

Does my answer provide any food for thought?

Amadeus: And was it not ravens who fed Elijah [I Kings 17:6] during a famine?
bbyrd009 said: ah, getting back on track now maybe, ya. i guess whores have been known to...um, provide, in times of need too, not to stray too far from the point again lol

If a person just touched something that was unclean was not a sacrifice required? Yet, a voice said to Peter:
"...What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common" Acts 10:15
Seemingly God can clean up even the worst of messes.

Spiritually is not man in his carnal state probably worse than a raven? The raven did not knowingly make himself unclean. Neither could he knowingly work to become even a clean beast.

Amadeus said: What story is God telling us through the ravens?
bbyrd009 said: ha no kidding. First ID the ravens i guess, symbolically, then go from there, what are ravens iow
Yes, what are the ravens? I did a quick search I find that they are a very intelligent among animals. Edgar Allen Poe was quick to associate the raven with death and the darkness of evil. One thing that comes to my mind is what darkness means to God versus what it means to us:

"Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee: but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee" Psalm 139:12

But to us:

"But if thine eye be evil,thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!" Matt 6:23

Where to from here?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Seemingly God can clean up even the worst of messes.
hmm, God apparently has a diff pov of what is common and holy, too, i guess
Edgar Allen Poe was quick to associate the raven with death and the darkness of evil.
i suggest that he just grabbed that out of the accepted symbology that already existed, but ya