Why did God love and forgive David so?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Of course we all doing as well as Job did, right?
ha; if one of us were to describe our life to Job, he would be sure we were witches imo.
not to detract from your point
None of us are literally or otherwise cursing God, right?

at least not until we curse someone else i guess, ya.

:)

again, not to detract from your point, of course we are

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is the biggest load of tripe I ever seen you say. and that would take some beating. This is another thing you have no understanding or scripture for. "God loved David cause there was some good in him." No. Nothing like it. God loved David from the beginning and loved us from before the world was made. And that includes David from the begining. Nothing to do with a little good in him.

You're comprehension level is in question. Please reread again what I said. Observe the question mark at the end of the phrase you centered on.

Stranger

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
That is the biggest load of tripe I ever seen you say. and that would take some beating. This is another thing you have no understanding or scripture for. "God loved David cause there was some good in him." No. Nothing like it. God loved David from the beginning and loved us from before the world was made. And that includes David from the begining. Nothing to do with a little good in him.
ya, i doubt God "respected" David

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
One cannot claim that God simply hates the sin and loves the sinner in light of versus like this.
i suggest that the "who" is assumed, and the Lex offers better interpretations ie, " thou hatest all iniquity done." "Thouest hatest all of my iniquities."

Psalm 5:5 Lexicon: The boastful shall not stand before Your eyes; You hate all who do iniquity.
My work - my deed
Doing
Every word in a language that has a body and time and it indicates action or occurrence

"{6} Thou shalt destroy them that speak leasing: the LORD will abhor the bloody and deceitful man."
Psalm 5:6 Lexicon: You destroy those who speak falsehood; The LORD abhors the man of bloodshed and deceit.

"You demolish the spoken lie; God rejects the man..."

lesson; don't let legalists translate the Book for you imo

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha, what we loosed on earth was loosed in heaven?

funny we got back to the correct pov despite God "allowing" polygamy huh
Women probably had a little something to do with that.

nah, earth should do fine :)
Room enough for all the unbelievers. Perhaps the boat needed would be closer to the one Noah built, filled mostly with unclean and clean beasts. There were 8 at the top and how beastly were they? How clean were they? What is it God is teaching us with all of this?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Yes, you do need to reread as you are not paying attention. See posts # 41, 46, 79, 99, and 117. I have backed up what I have said. You haven't offered anything to the contrary other than your dislike.

Stranger
we could do a poll if you like, and cast lots for the two of you

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Room enough for all the unbelievers.
ha, yikes? Also where heaven is manifest, for us, "on earth as in heaven." our domain, iow.
Perhaps the boat needed would be closer to the one Noah built, filled mostly with unclean and clean beasts.
ah, well our ship is supposed to be up to that task imo, even at sea i guess

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
What is it God is teaching us with all of this?
"even sanctified ppl still have clean and unclean...food to deal with" is as close as i can get. i wish i could project further, but then i would be guessing. Why the raven was released i cannot imagine; well, i can, but ppl don't wanna hear that "the world is perfect, just like it is, right now" i guess.

ah, another good one, "whatever ship you build, trust that you will have some unclean food inside it, some unclean planks to build it."

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha; if one of us were to describe our life to Job, he would be sure we were witches imo.
not to detract from your point
For one who understood so little, Job, to me, seemed to understood more than many who claim today to be saved as a result of receiving the baptism of the Holy Ghost. How did Job do as well as he did without the Holy Ghost? As you say if he were to see what we are witches to him we would seem to be.

at least not until we curse someone else i guess, ya.
Even so!

:)

again, not to detract from your point, of course we are
And yet another smile is in order: :)

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i suggest that the "who" is assumed, and the Lex offers better interpretations ie, " thou hatest all iniquity done." "Thouest hatest all of my iniquities."

Psalm 5:5 Lexicon: The boastful shall not stand before Your eyes; You hate all who do iniquity.
My work - my deed
Doing
Every word in a language that has a body and time and it indicates action or occurrence

"{6} Thou shalt destroy them that speak leasing: the LORD will abhor the bloody and deceitful man."
Psalm 5:6 Lexicon: You destroy those who speak falsehood; The LORD abhors the man of bloodshed and deceit.

"You demolish the spoken lie; God rejects the man..."

lesson; don't let legalists translate the Book for you imo

What, like you are doing right now you mean? Everything you cited only proves my point, that he hates those who engage in what he considers iniquity, certainly not any less than Satan and his angel gang who are the ultimate workers of iniquity. I don't need an interpreter to tell me what is plainly stated in scripture that even a ten year old can understand, no Lexicon needed.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha, yikes? Also where heaven is manifest, for us, "on earth as in heaven." our domain, iow.
And where is this heaven people will ask, and I will ask of the questioners, which heaven do you mean?
"I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven." II Cor 12:2

Was Jesus really in all three? [Think of the three levels of Noah's Ark and the three levels of the Tabernacle in the wilderness.]

"And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven." John 3:13
When suggested this to one of our supporters of the earliest know Christian structure called church, he seemingly missed the boat. But he had an answer nevertheless.

ah, well our ship is supposed to be up to that task imo, even at sea i guess

Well the ark that Noah built held everyone who tried to come on board and it did not sink while the rain was falling.

Reactions: bbyrd009

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"even sanctified ppl still have clean and unclean...food to deal with" is as close as i can get. i wish i could project further, but then i would be guessing.
Both clean and unclean animals were saved with Noah, but who was posted to the top? Similarly a lot of Israelites were saved out of Egypt, but who was allowed to enter the Promised Land?

Now we have our unclean and clean beasts to deal with so as to be elevated to the top. How do we do that?

"Wisdom hath builded her house, she hath hewn out her seven pillars:
She hath killed her beasts; she hath mingled her wine; she hath also furnished her table." Prov 9:1-2

Notice that she killed her beasts. This seemingly would include the clean along the unclean ones. Who qualified to enter the Promised Land? Joshua and Caleb did not make because they had always kept the letter of the law. What does the scripture say?

"Surely none of the men that came up out of Egypt, from twenty years old and upward, shall see the land which I sware unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob; because they have not wholly followed me:
Save Caleb the son of Jephunneh the Kenezite, and Joshua the son of Nun: for they have wholly followed the LORD. Numbers 32:11-12

Why the raven was released i cannot imagine; well, i can, but ppl don't wanna hear that "the world is perfect, just like it is, right now" i guess.
The unclean beast [the raven] from the bottom or third level was released into the still soaked muddy land filled with death. He never returned because he was not particular about what he ate. He would eat unclean food if that was all that was offered. If necessary when he tired he would even light on the dead carcasses of the beasts likely all over land.

Remind us of anyone who will eat whatever the minister is feeding to day , even if it is 99% garbage? They don't even bother to sift through it for something that is clean?

Consider the dove who came back with a token of a living tree in his mouth? That one was a clean beast. But was he not still a beast from the second level rather than from the top? Perhaps this is indicative of the legalistic preacher who sincerely teaches a carnal message from the scriptures, but it is still carnal. It is better than garbage, but... even though the dove did not return at all the second time he was sent, Noah and his family [all top or third level occupants] still waited for something better world which is was coming:

"Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD." Psalm 27:14

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, you do need to reread as you are not paying attention. See posts # 41, 46, 79, 99, and 117. I have backed up what I have said. You haven't offered anything to the contrary other than your dislike.

Stranger
Scriptures or shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is kinda a funny conversation above about being God's....not being His.
I would have a rhetorical question to look everywhere...in the sky, under a rock,
to your left and to your right and below you into infinity..show us where God is not;
show us what exists without God.
What is there that God does not permeate.
All That Is belongs to, is within God.
It is the separation from this knowledge that causes all sorts of ideas that anything
is not of Him, because of Him, within Him, an extension of Him with a spark of light or His essence within it.
Anyone can quote away any verse saying this is not so, it will not change this truth.

I don't need any scripture from any religion, Hindu, Islam, Judeo-Christian, Buddhist to
know this ...and I know there are others like me.
I could never think otherwise...ha, the thought of something not being part of God is kinda funny to me...thus, all is His, per se...the good, the bad and the ugly...the Alpha through to the Omega.
For God there is no darkness. For Him it is Light even in the darkness.

"Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee." Psalm 139:12

The darkness is where we are, or where we have been until and if we started to approach Him. I speak not of physical movement for we do not approach God by taking physical steps with physical feet.

God is here all of the time, but where are we?

We are blind and deaf until we receive vision and hearing from Him. The vision and hearing is the Holy Spirit in us if we are not quenching the Spirit.

Jesus came as the Light while He was in the world, but with him gone, We are the Light or if not there is only darkness which is death which is nothing.

"As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world." John 9:5

"And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are." John 17:11

"Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid." Matt 5:14

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
What, like you are doing right now you mean?
hmm, i should more likely be suspected of the most lawless def, but yes
Everything you cited only proves my point, that he hates those who engage in what he considers iniquity, certainly not any less than Satan and his angel gang who are the ultimate workers of iniquity.
i would say that it is the iniquity that is shown to be hated, i don't see any "hate" of Adam walking naked with God for instance, but maybe you do.
I don't need an interpreter to tell me what is plainly stated in scripture that even a ten year old can understand, no Lexicon needed.
ha the only Scripture you got is the Lex lol, your "plainly stated" stuff amounts to biased opinions imo. Read that way you will embrace Easter, and Holy Bible, and God Hates ppl imo. And prolly Bible is Word too. "PLainly stated in Script that a ten year old can get" sure doesn't seem to reflect our reality

Last edited:
Reactions: Miss Hepburn

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Was Jesus really in all three?
God came to me where i was at, in hell, so imo yes
When suggested this to one of our supporters of the earliest know Christian structure called church, he seemingly missed the boat. But he had an answer nevertheless.
ha of course, bc "miss the boat" is just a characterization, right, a judgement of others basically, we all miss the boat lol, that is how every single one of us gets started, by missing the boat imo

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
They don't even bother to sift through it for something that is clean?
then they are in the right place, i guess
Noah and his family [all top or third level occupants] still waited for something better world which is was coming:
hmm, i can't recall that v in that context, wadr, Noah waiting for a better world? In fact it was Noah released the raven back into the world, so he must be considered as releasing evil back into the new world too imo