Why didn't God destroy Satan at the beginning?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lucifer and Jesus are referred to as the bright and morning star.

I can't immediately recall, is it the Mormons or the JW who believe Lucifer and Jesus are brothers?
The angel being who is now called satan and devil was the anointed Cherub. God gave him authority over the Garden of Eden. He got jealous and wanted worship thus rebelled. I believe myself( 0 proof) that he may have been Gods 2nd creation, Michael being the first.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Why didn't God destroy Satan at the beginning?​

Cuz God is not the destroyer of creatures. He gives and restores to Life, ie life stolen by the destroyer

• Wow
Reactions: BlessedPeace

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The angel being who is now called satan and devil was the anointed Cherub. God gave him authority over the Garden of Eden. He got jealous and wanted worship thus rebelled. I believe myself( 0 proof) that he may have been Gods 2nd creation, Michael being the first.
Michael is not the Savior.

Truthnightmare

Dec 11, 2019
Athens
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Michael is not the Savior.
Michael is a angel, a arch angel, but a angel never the less. Satan is a cherub, much stronger than all angels.

My point is….

Jude 9 "Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said "The Lord rebuke thee."

Michael had to call on the Lord to deal with Satan, Jesus rebuked Satan easily because He is Lord, and savior.

Reactions: Jack

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok. So his Designer and Creator gave Satan the ability to choose to rebel against God? Good one. And God was fully aware of this flaw? If it was indeed a flaw.
God gave all free will. He wants us to choose with our free will to love him and listen to his advice as to what is the best path to lasting happiness. Its not a flaw, its a choice. God handed satan( the anointed Cherub) rule over the Garden of Eden, as well eternal life if he didn't rebel, and charged 0 in return for that. How much value does eternal life have?

12question

Dec 9, 2023
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God handed satan( the anointed Cherub) rule over the Garden of Eden, as well eternal life if he didn't rebel
I'm not familiar with this interpretation of Satan's rule over God's physical creation. Was this by God's original design, to give Satan rule over the garden of Eden, or was it assumed by God that satan he would deceive Eve and gain it that way?

So did God know Satan well enough to know what he would choose given certain conditions, certain choices.

Ie. A new creation (planet earth included), naive creatures (including humans), fruit bearing trees (including one that God did not want touched), and angels (including satan, who God designed to have the ability to choose whatever he wanted, good and evil).

Did Satan's Creator tell him not to tempt humans to touch a certain tree? And if he did there would be consequences? Did Satan choose to do it, and this came as a surprise to God? Did God not see this coming and now had to devise a plan B?

Now God had to find a solution to this unforeseen problem. So He was forced against His (free) will to break His Sabbath rest and to get back to work to try and minimise the damage and potential damage caused by satan exercising his ability to choose to act contrary to his Creators will.

So Peter and John were wrong when they said

1 Peter 1:19-20
19 but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot. 20 He indeed was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you​

So after God finished creating and rested, not before, that Satan chose to go against God's will and Eve chose to go against God's will, that God had NO CHOICE but to think up a plan of redemption, to redeem what He just lost, 1/3 of His angels and who knows (not even God) how much of His physical creation as well.
I feel somewhat sad for this Person Who had His creations turn against Him and there was nothing He could do as His will had to make way for everyone else's. Sounds like a pretty weak, powerless Being to me. He could only stand back and watch, or before acting, carefully check to see if what He was intending to do wasn't going to violate anyone else's free will, other's plan they chose for themself and their world around them. Remembering God is a Gentleman and would not force, coerce, manipulate anyone to go against their will. Even if it was for good, to prevent evil, harm, destruction.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Michael is a angel, a arch angel, but a angel never the less. Satan is a cherub, much stronger than all angels.

My point is….

Jude 9 "Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said "The Lord rebuke thee."

Michael had to call on the Lord to deal with Satan, Jesus rebuked Satan easily because He is Lord, and savior.
Zechariah 3:2
And the Lord said unto Satan, The Lord rebuke thee, O Satan; even the Lord that hath chosen Jerusalem rebuke thee: is not this a brand plucked out of the fire?

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not familiar with this interpretation of Satan's rule over God's physical creation. Was this by God's original design, to give Satan rule over the garden of Eden, or was it assumed by God that satan he would deceive Eve and gain it that way?

So did God know Satan well enough to know what he would choose given certain conditions, certain choices.

Ie. A new creation (planet earth included), naive creatures (including humans), fruit bearing trees (including one that God did not want touched), and angels (including satan, who God designed to have the ability to choose whatever he wanted, good and evil).

Did Satan's Creator tell him not to tempt humans to touch a certain tree? And if he did there would be consequences? Did Satan choose to do it, and this came as a surprise to God? Did God not see this coming and now had to devise a plan B?

Now God had to find a solution to this unforeseen problem. So He was forced against His (free) will to break His Sabbath rest and to get back to work to try and minimise the damage and potential damage caused by satan exercising his ability to choose to act contrary to his Creators will.

So Peter and John were wrong when they said

1 Peter 1:19-20​

19 but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot. 20 He indeed was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you​

So after God finished creating and rested, not before, that Satan chose to go against God's will and Eve chose to go against God's will, that God had NO CHOICE but to think up a plan of redemption, to redeem what He just lost, 1/3 of His angels and who knows (not even God) how much of His physical creation as well.
I feel somewhat sad for this Person Who had His creations turn against Him and there was nothing He could do as His will had to make way for everyone else's. Sounds like a pretty weak, powerless Being to me. He could only stand back and watch, or before acting, carefully check to see if what He was intending to do wasn't going to violate anyone else's free will, other's plan they chose for themself and their world around them. Remembering God is a Gentleman and would not force, coerce, manipulate anyone to go against their will. Even if it was for good, to prevent evil, harm, destruction.
Its why the anointed Cherub was in the Garden.
Ezekial 28: 13-18-explains the anointed cherub and his fall.

Last edited:

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dont think it was God, it was man who sinned and allowed satan to claim what rightfully belonged to God, and Christ will restore.....