Why do Christians prefer their Churches segregated..

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I learned that a lot of Irish people complete are idiots who use their "culture" as an excuse to get mad and say horrible things to people and hit them... after moving out thanks to the grace of the Lord when I was 19 a friend of mine got born again and invited me to church and I got born again as well.
Looks like "getting born again" didn't keep you from trying to hide your racism behind merely recognizing "cultural differences."
'
The key is the local Neighborhood. I enjoy soul music.
The key is:

Micah 6:8 KJV — He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Looks like "getting born again" didn't keep you from trying to hide your racism behind merely recognizing "cultural differences."
'

The key is:

Micah 6:8 KJV — He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

Micah 6

Easy-to-Read Version

The Lord’s Complaint​

6 Now hear what the Lord says:
“Present your argument to the mountains.
Let the hills hear your story.[a]
2 The Lord has a complaint against his people.
Mountains, listen to the Lord’s complaint.
Foundations of the earth, hear the Lord.
He will prove that Israel is wrong!”
3 He says, “My people, tell me what I did!
Did I do something wrong against you?
Did I make life too hard for you?
4 I will tell you what I did.
I sent Moses, Aaron, and Miriam to you.
I brought you from the land of Egypt.
I freed you from slavery.
5 My people, remember the evil plans of Balak king of Moab.
Remember what Balaam son of Beor said to Balak.
Remember what happened from Acacia to Gilgal,
and you will know the Lord is right!”

What Does God Want From Us?​

6 What must I bring when I come to meet with the Lord?
What must I do when I bow down to God above?
Should I come to him with burnt offerings
and a year-old calf?
7 Will the Lord be pleased with a thousand rams
or with ten thousand rivers of oil?
Should I offer him my first child to pay for my wrongs?
Should I sacrifice my very own child for my sins?
8 Human, the Lord has told you what goodness is.
This is what he wants from you:
Be fair to other people.
Love kindness and loyalty,
and humbly obey your God.

What Were the Israelites Doing?​

9 The Lord shouts to the city:
“A wise person respects the Lord’s name.[c]
So pay attention to the punishing rod and to the one who uses it![d]
10 Do the wicked still hide treasures
that they have stolen?
Do they still cheat people
with baskets that are too small?[e]
Yes, all of this is still happening!
11 Some people carry special weights
that they use to cheat people when they weigh their goods.
Should I pardon them?
12 The rich in that city are still cruel.
The people there still tell lies.
Yes, they tell their lies.
13 So I have begun to punish you.
I will destroy you because of your sins.
14 You will eat, but you will not become full.
You will still be hungry and empty.[f]
You will try to bring people to safety,
but people with swords will kill the people you rescued.
15 You will plant your seeds,
but you will not gather food.
You will try to squeeze oil from your olives,
but you will not get any oil.
You will crush your grapes,
but you will not get enough juice to have wine to drink.
16 This is because you obey the laws of Omri.[g]
You do all the evil things that Ahab’s family does.
You follow their teachings,
so I will let you be destroyed.
People will whistle in amazement
when they see your destroyed city.
Then you will bear the shame
that the other nations bring to you.”[h]

Reactions: Cassandra

Phil .

Nov 1, 2022
Midwest.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Why do Christians prefer their Churches segregated..​

Segregation is based on separation.

Separation is a belief.

A belief is discordant because it isn’t true, as it’s a belief.

The segregation of churches is secondary; behavior & action.

The primary or fundamentally discordant belief, is that there are Christians and not-Christians.

Separation is a belief.

The belief, is the discord, which is the suffering, which is ignorance.

As this is ignored & suppressed, the discord is believed to be caused, by someone else, and conflict prevails via the ignore-ance of how it feels.

In short, it’s being right. Putting beliefs ahead of alignment (feeling).

Beliefs are felt by, the truth.

Last edited:

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And of course anybody that chooses to dislike others solely based on their skin color is being a racist.

There are racists on all sides now so this is part of the end times Jesus told us about when He said ethnic group would rise against ethnic group (Matthew 24:7)

One nutjob on here has claimed I'm racist just because I prefer to not be around black folks that hate white people... if someone hates me because of my skin color, they are not being led by the Holy Spirit so the Lord would not have me to fellowship with someone like this.

• Love
Reactions: The Learner

Spyder

Jan 9, 2024
Holt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I tend to avoid a person by the person's behavior, not physical attributes. I can be friends with anyone whose behavior is not evil or discordant.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I tend to avoid a person by the person's behavior, not physical attributes. I can be friends with anyone whose behavior is not evil or discordant.

If a person believes their race is superior than yours causing them
to believe they are superior to you... does that qualify as evil or discordant?

Spyder

Jan 9, 2024
Holt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If a person believes their race is superior than yours causing them
to believe they are superior to you... does that qualify as evil or discordant?
Only if the ACT like their race is superior. A man's thoughts do no harm until they act on them.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only if the ACT like their race is superior. A man's thoughts do no harm until they act on them.

Well leaders in the black and hispanic communities frequently SAY their race is superior.

The hispanics have an organization called Laraza which means "the race" which is right out of hitler's play book! clueless-doh.gif

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It is impossible for a man not to act upon his thoughts in any way. Ask any Cognitive Behavioral Therapist.

At the very least, he will self-destruct inwardly.

This is what the Sermon on the Mount is all about. :)

Reactions: amadeus and Spyder

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well leaders in the black and hispanic communities frequently SAY their race is superior.

The hispanics have an organization called Laraza which means "the race" which is right out of hitler's play book! View attachment 42599

What kind of sayings and organizations do white people have?

Christ said that in the end time nation would rise against nation. Most people think that was about territorial disputes but the Greek word was "ethnos."

There is no race but the human race. Read Galatians 3:28 and try to let it sink in a little, Archie.

Spyder

Jan 9, 2024
Holt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is impossible for a man not to act upon his thoughts in any way. Ask any Cognitive Behavioral Therapist.

At the very least, he will self-destruct inwardly.

This is what the Sermon on the Mount is all about. :)

Yes, but the question was not one of the end result of a person's incorrect thoughts, but of my behavior toward them. I have repeatedly attempted to help those who struggle and have found that these people often do not want help. I can only pray that Yahweh touch their hearts.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Why do Christians prefer their Churches segregated..​

Segregation is based on separation.

Separation is a belief.

A belief is discordant because it isn’t true, as it’s a belief.

The segregation of churches is secondary; behavior & action.

The primary or fundamentally discordant belief, is that there are Christians and not-Christians.

Separation is a belief.

The belief, is the discord, which is the suffering, which is ignorance.

As this is ignored & suppressed, the discord is believed to be caused, by someone else, and conflict prevails via the ignore-ance of how it feels.

In short, it’s being right. Putting beliefs ahead of alignment (feeling).

Beliefs are felt by, the truth.
So if you hate your brother because of the shade of color on his skin, what does God say....

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do Christians prefer their Churches segregated..

Lol, could be Marthas potluck roast just sucks, and we are tired of Chuck and his funny stories he tells at the pulpit, and we do not agree with that one guy who believe crazy stuff, we just wanna be left alone in or our own church and dictate the way it should go?

While church has value, there are issues that tend to go on in them sometimes, sometimes you go to a church and they want you to become a member.

All I know is that Im glad to know of my double or triple dunking of being baptized was in sure that Ill never see the sights of hell... (lol), it's funny now I believe that has been conquered over and done away with now today.

Church is just a funny place. I rather pull up to a warehouse building that got some heat for the winter but it still a bit cold, and it be offered up as a school, that has prayer at the beginning and end of each meeting with a person going verse by verse, and collectively building up people in edification by the spirit. I dont care to much for sunday school, or the psalms or hymns all that much, or the rocking guitars, etc...

God in all the mix, but sometimes the mix can not even have God in it.

That is just my own thoughts about why...

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you go into a typical church what are you going to see, usually very little diversity in the pews, a very small percentage of the churches are racially integrated. It seems we can talk about loving our brother or sister in Christ, but its hard to put our arm around anyone too diverse to say the least. Here is what I came across...
'
The vast majority of U.S. churchgoers, a new survey found, report that they belong to congregations where most people are of their race or ethnicity, but Hispanic Protestants are an exception.

The big picture: Hispanic Protestants, a majority of whom practice evangelical faiths, report their churches are more diverse than others, who remain largely segregated despite the nation's rapidly changing demographics. The report comes amid a broad shift in how Americans perceive and practice religion.

By the numbers: The nonpartisan Public Religion Research Institute survey of people across the country found that nearly half of Hispanic Protestants (47%) say their churches are composed mostly of Latinos.

• 26% of Hispanic Protestants say their churches have mostly white members and 20% attended mostly multiracial congregations.
  • That stands in contrast with at least three-quarters of white Christians who say that their churches are mostly white, including 80% of white mainline/non-evangelical Protestants and 75% of white evangelical Protestants.
  • Among Black Protestants, the majority (74%) say their churches have mostly Black members, the survey found.
  • Nearly three in four Hispanic Catholics (74%) say that their church is mostly Latino while only 12% attend mostly multiracial churches.'
People usually enjoy their own culture. Mexican churches, Black churches. I think most people feel more comfortable in their own language and culture.

Status
Not open for further replies.