Why do Christians prefer their Churches segregated..

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would you have anything in common with a bunch of loud white football fans?

If not, then why even make the race distinction?

Would having more in common with white football fans who were loud make things more comfy?

What's the problem? Loudness, footballness, or blackness?

This thread really disturbs me.

I worked for 21 years with 340 employees around me and a good 50 guys in the break room at any given time with the television on and it was never the White men who were screaming over the football game. It was always the Black men. I don't care to go to church with them either because I know they don't see me as a man. They see me as a white man who is not like them.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But, as I've seen, those churches insult each other. Just how "Christian" is that? If churches focus on God and the Son alone, we would not have much bickering and we would not be casting accusations about how many within there building a "saved."

Sure … men disagree, men bicker over their disagreements per WHY one does not agree with the other…..and TYPICALLY it is over the “man-made-up” traditions, rituals, teachings, Etc.
As well, the disagreements ON POINT, filter over into “man against man” on a personal level of “pretense”, AS IF, disagreeing with ONE denomination IS some acceptable “pseudo grounds to imply the whole of that person should be considered “AGAINST THEM”….
(Case in Point, ie “anti-Catholic’)
“WHEN” the fact is:
BEING “AGAINST Lord God Almighty” is the ONLY Factor God Considers.
(Case in Point, ie “anti-Christ”)

Glory to God,
Taken

• Love
Reactions: The Learner

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I worked for 21 years with 340 employees around me and a good 50 guys in the break room at any given time with the television on and it was never the White men who were screaming over the football game. It was always the Black men. I don't care to go to church with them either because I know they don't see me as a man. They see me as a white man who is not like them.

I was beaten up many times by black and Hispanic children in my youth.

I'm sorry you've been so mistreated.

I've visited quite a few churches with predominantly black congregations as an adult and found all of them to be quite welcoming overall.

Hopefully, you will find yourself a nice little, quiet, "white neighborhood" in the New Jerusalem.

“If you have run with the footmen, and they have wearied you, Then how can you contend with horses? And if in the land of peace, In which you trusted, they wearied you, Then how will you do in the floodplain of the Jordan? (Jeremiah 12:5)

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Has anyone yet mentioned that we have so many denominations because we have that many groups who think that everyone else is wrong?

I'm having trouble imagining how anyone could not know that.

But I think it's an oversimplification of another serious problem that has nothing much to do with church segregation.

Reactions: The Learner

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I've visited quite a few churches with predominantly black congregations as an adult and found all of them to be quite welcoming overall.

Hopefully, you will find yourself a nice little, quiet, "white neighborhood" in the New Jerusalem.

“If you have run with the footmen, and they have wearied you, Then how can you contend with horses? And if in the land of peace, In which you trusted, they wearied you, Then how will you do in the floodplain of the Jordan? (Jeremiah 12:5)

I would never let them beat me up since the Chinese taught me how to fight. I did however, kick the H out of one in Jr. High who tried to cut in the line.

Spyder

Jan 9, 2024
Holt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm having trouble imagining how anyone could not know that.

But I think it's an oversimplification of another serious problem that has nothing much to do with church segregation.

Perhaps, but I was keeping it simple. If we dig deep, there is an entangling spider web beneath.

Reactions: BarneyFife

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, Peter had the same problem with the 'gentiles', it just gets ingrained...
It sure does.

It was so bad with him that he had to have a vision from God to get it straightened out.

'
google-smiling-face-with-heart-shaped-eyes-960d-mysmiley-net.png

'

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Big Boy Johnson said:
Few black churches will not allow crackers to become members,
Lol - the double-negative here actually makes this say the opposite of what you obviously intended.

Any evidence for this tripe?

It could be that too many white members would be uncomfortable asking to be a member of a predominantly African-American congregation.

That thought ever cross your mind?

'
Big Boy Johnson said:
but the crackers will allow black folks to join their church
Which, of course, makes us better than them, right, Arch?

archie-bunker-2-1152x781.jpg

'
Big Boy Johnson said:
That says a lot about which group has the most racism
No, not really, but your post certainly says a lot about how much you have.

Hope this isn't a misrepresentation of what you actually believe. I would hate to think I had done that to anyone, wouldn't you?

'

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...It could be that too many white members would be uncomfortable asking to be a member of a predominantly African-American congregation.

Way back in our experience I recall well when we left our first church of Protestants... Our second church was an all-black assembly with 3 to 400 in attendance on Sundays. We were the first white family to ever become members.

When my job transferred me to another location, I remember well my black pastor's discussion with me. He said in effect that he knew it had been God's will for us to have been a part of them due to the strong prejudice against all white folks... even those claiming to be Christian. He said that many people had changed their viewpoint as a result of our membership. I am definitely giving God the glory on that one.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When my job transferred me to another location, I remember well my black pastor's discussion with me. He said in effect that he knew it had been God's will for us to have been a part of them due to the strong prejudice against all white folks... even those claiming to be Christian.

In recent years more and more blacks have become racist against whites due to left leaning politics having stoked prejudice against whiter people. You hear it all the time now about white supremacy and how they claim the white man is keeping the black man down.

Sadly there are more black that are racist now against whites than they are whites that are racist against blacks die to the liberals pitting race against race more and more in recent years.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In recent years more and more blacks have become racist against whites due to left leaning politics having stoked prejudice against whiter people. You hear it all the time now about white supremacy and how they claim the white man is keeping the black man down.

Sadly there are more black that are racist now against whites than they are whites that are racist against blacks die to the liberals pitting race against race more and more in recent years.
I guess there is a lot of truth to this today. Many things have changed over the years and many of them not for the better... as God sees them. My own experience described happened in California in the early 1980's, a very long time ago indeed. We moved from California finally in 1985 first to Wyoming and then Oklahoma where we remain to this day.

• Love

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was involved in athletics in school and we had lots of blacks, some hispanics and a few asian kids and we all got along just fine. Today though, most blacks and hispanics have been taught when they were growing up that the whole problem with the world is those white peoples.

In recent years there have been a few liberal pundits in the US advocate the killing of white people as they advocate replicating here what happened in south africa which white people get killed and/or have their possessions taken away.

The globalists want the US to become a third world nation and we are well on our way courtesy of the democrats and RINO repubs

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was involved in athletics in school and we had lots of blacks, some hispanics and a few asian kids and we all got along just fine. Today though, most blacks and hispanics have been taught when they were growing up that the whole problem with the world is those white peoples.

In recent years there have been a few liberal pundits in the US advocate the killing of white people as they advocate replicating here what happened in south africa which white people get killed and/or have their possessions taken away.

The globalists want the US to become a third world nation and we are well on our way courtesy of the democrats and TINO repubs
My best friends in elementary school were Mexicans, Filipinos and Portuguese. There were no blacks among us for most of that time. My stepfather was Portuguese.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The JW,s were allowed into the Catholic archives back the the late 60,s or early 70,s. They came out with 100% proof-The spirit, water and blood are the 3 witness bearers, not the Father, son and HS as Catholicism mistranslated that passage to mislead. Many translations changed after the proof was shown. Then the JW,s were no longer allowed into those archives. Some translations just added the spirit, water and blood and left the other 3 in as well.
One should know facts before speaking on a matter. The darkness is very strong in you. You best relook.
BOOM! The irony meter just exploded!

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My stepfather was Portuguese.

My step dad said he was Irish... he'd get drunk in the evening and if I had gotten in to trouble (which was frequent), he'd get overly mad and beat the you know what outta me, and call me a bastard (I never knew my real dad)... then later feel guilty and try to hug me up (and call me his "son") and tell me he loved me and it was just that old Irish temper that got a little out of hand and laugh about it.

I learned that a lot of Irish people complete are idiots who use their "culture" as an excuse to get mad and say horrible things to people and hit them... after moving out thanks to the grace of the Lord when I was 19 a friend of mine got born again and invited me to church and I got born again as well.

After walking with the Lord for a few decades I've come to the realization that the Lord is the only One that truly Loves us.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My step dad said he was Irish... he'd get drunk in the evening and if I had gotten in to trouble (which was frequent), he'd get overly mad and beat the you know what outta me, and call me a bastard (I never knew my real dad)... then later feel guilty and try to hug me up (and call me his "son") and tell me he loved me and it was just that old Irish temper that got a little out of hand and laugh about it.
Sorry to hear this... My stepdad was a nice guy although never really close to us. He only drank a little wine when Portuguese friends of family visited... but never to excess.
I learned that a lot of Irish people complete are idiots who use their "culture" as an excuse to get mad and say horrible things to people and hit them... after moving out thanks to the grace of the Lord when I was 19 a friend of mine got born again and invited me to church and I got born again as well.
The Lord is always available to open hearts. Unfortunately, it seems that many hearts never open up to Him.
After walking with the Lord for a few decades I've come to the realization that the Lord is the only One that truly Loves us.
At times this can lead us into lonely places as we so often yearn for the love of other people. Where are they even among those bearing a Christian label? Some do exist, but they are not as common as the number labeled Christian would indicate. I thank God for the few God has led to me. Most of them have gone to whatever final reward is theirs away. This is one of the things that leads to much loneliness among the elderly. I guess I am one of them now...LOL.

But still I must continue to say, Give God the glory!

• Love

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While this is actually true in the most absolute sense, unless the way you portray your personality here is vastly different than the way you conduct yourself elsewhere it could just be that you're expecting too much from people who have to endure your incessant and obnoxious criticism and mockery.
'

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The key is the local Neighborhood. I enjoy soul music.

Reactions: Cassandra

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol - the double-negative here actually makes this say the opposite of what you obviously intended.

Any evidence for this tripe?

It could be that too many white members would be uncomfortable asking to be a member of a predominantly African-American congregation.

'

Which, of course, makes us better than them, right, Arch?

archie-bunker-2-1152x781.jpg

'

No, not really, but your post certainly says a lot about how much you have.

Hope this isn't a misrepresentation of what you actually believe. I would hate to think I had done that to anyone, wouldn't you?

'
winner

Status
Not open for further replies.