Why do our bodies die? Note: I have an answer, but feedback is welcome by Bible Alone Believers.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Notice the thread title. It says Bible Alone Christians are welcome to give feedback. You are a JW, and not a Bible Alone Christian. So your feedback here is not welcome. Please stop posting in my threads.

Thank you.
I am not here for you alone sir, if you state a Biblical falsehood, we Christians respond not only to assist you, but to assist those who might be deceived by your post sir. Yes the Bible is the set alone standard for us Christians. If you have no respect for, or are afraid of what it really teaches perhaps you might consider no longer posting your opinions. However, I would recommend you considering to continue as things can be learned from all persons, whether they reject God or not. Remember, Jehovah has not shut the door as of yet, it is open to all who choose to stand on His side.

Let me ask you a very serious question sir, what is it about His commandments that you do not understand or like? You have spoken to me frankly so far, so please feel free to speak about your concerns, and I will be glad to try to explain why Jehovah does things a certain way.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Davy

I replied to you on the Eschatology points in this thread here (Seeing that is not really the topic of this thread).

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not here for you alone sir, if you state a Biblical falsehood, we Christians respond not only to assist you, but to assist those who might be deceived by your post sir. Yes the Bible is the set alone standard for us Christians. If you have no respect for, or are afraid of what it really teaches perhaps you might consider no longer posting your opinions. However, I would recommend you considering to continue as things can be learned from all persons, whether they reject God or not. Remember, Jehovah has not shut the door as of yet, it is open to all who choose to stand on His side.

Let me ask you a very serious question sir, what is it about His commandments that you do not understand or like? You have spoken to me frankly so far, so please feel free to speak about your concerns, and I will be glad to try to explain why Jehovah does things a certain way.

I told you to back off in not participating in my threads because you are JW and not a Bible Alone Christian otherwise I would set out to destroy your religion in exposing it. You started the war. Prepare for it. I will now set out to demolish your religion back to the pits of hell where it came from. This will of course take some time and it may even be a few weeks for me to wage my war against your false JW religion. But it’s coming.

Please know that I do love you as a person in Jesus Christ, but I hate your JW religion because it is evil.

In other words, every time you will post in my thread or reply to me, I will refer back to a specific thread on how the JW religion is false. I will let everyone know here on the forums you are not a Christian but a JW and I will refer them to the thread that will demolish any doubts that the JW religion is pure evil and wrong.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now that is... a wild concocted false idea!

The prophecy that Christ would be born through a virgin to die on the cross was... an ordained prophecy before the foundation of this world, but it certainly DID NOT HAPPEN PRIOR TO THE FOUNDATION OF THIS WORLD! It did not happen until Lord Jesus was actually born in the flesh through a virgin and delivered up to die on His cross.

So where are you getting those crazy ideas? Do you think just whatever pops into your mind that it means it is Scripture?

You are simply misunderstanding me (again). I am not saying that the Lamb was literally slain before the foundation of the world. I am saying it is a prophecy of what was going to happen. God knew it was going to happen and He can declare the End before the beginning as Scripture says.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I told you to back off in not participating in my threads because you are JW and not a Bible Alone Christian otherwise I would set out to destroy your religion in exposing it. You started the war. Prepare for it. I will now set out to demolish your religion back to the pits of hell where it came from. This will of course take some time and it may even be a few weeks for me to wage my war against your false JW religion. But it’s coming.

Please know that I do love you as a person in Jesus Christ, but I hate your JW religion because it is evil.

In other words, every time you will post in my thread or reply to me, I will refer back to a specific thread on how the JW religion is false. I will let everyone know here on the forums you are not a Christian but a JW and I will refer them to the thread that will demolish any doubts that the JW religion is pure evil and wrong.

How can anyone who chooses not to worship Jehovah as Jesus stated be a Christian sir? Pretty simple huh. If you refuse to worship the God Jesus worshipped, then you certainly are not one of his followers, so who is it really that you bear testimony for? Now, do you want to continue to reject God, or would you like to come to know Him better?

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do our bodies die?

Answer:

The wages of sin is death (Romans 6:23).
Do we have to keep continually sinning in order to die?
No. Adam and Eve just committed sin one time each and death came upon them and the whole human race.

Romans 5:12 says,
“Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:”

But is this always the case? No.

Enoch did not die because he pleased God.

Hebrews 11:5
By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.”

Also, those who are taken up in the Rapture while they are still alive will also not see death.

1 Thessalonians 4:16-17
“For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Obviously those who are faithful and who please God are the ones who will not see death.
If a person sins or they justify sin: Are they pleasing God and are they being faithful?

I don’t believe so based on the testimony of God’s Word.

if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin,
but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

(Romans 8:10)
clearly the body dies because of sin

But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you,
He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.

(Romans 8:11)​

clearly the resurrection is physical by the Spirit

For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it in hope;
because the creation itself also will be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

(Romans 8:20-21)​

clearly the resurrection applies not only to man but to all creation, and will be a release from the corruption of death inherent to the body.
Enoch is an example to us - he was 'translated' and he did not 'see' death -- but his body did effectually, being changed. if his flesh was uncorrupted, it needed not to be translated; Elijah also shed his mantle when he was taken up into the Shekinah. as the LORD says: unless a kernel of wheat fall to the ground

even we ourselves groan within ourselves, eagerly waiting for the adoption, the redemption of our body. For we were saved in this hope, but hope that is seen is not hope; for why does one still hope for what he sees? But if we hope for what we do not see, we eagerly wait for it with perseverance.
(Romans 8:23-25)​

clearly we have not in this earth yet achieved this translation, but look forward to this with sure hope

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Are they pleasing God and are they being faithful?
1 Kings 17:19-23
And he said to her, “Give me your son.” Then he took him from her bosom and carried him up to the upper room where he was living, and laid him on his own bed. And he called to the LORD and said, “O LORD my God, hast Thou also brought calamity to the widow with whom I am staying, by causing her son to die?” Then he stretched himself upon the child three times, and called to the LORD, and said, “O LORD my God, I pray Thee, let this child’s life return to him.” And the LORD heard the voice of Elijah, and the life of the child returned to him and he revived. And Elijah took the child, and brought him down from the upper room into the house and gave him to his mother; and Elijah said, “See, your son is alive.”

This passage describes Elijah’s reviving of the widow’s son. The “life” of the child is said to “return to him”. The word used here is “shuwb” (shoob) and it really means “to turn back”, as if to retreat. But to turn back from where? Where is the “life” prior to being “returned”? The passage affirms the notion our true lives exist beyond death. God has the ability to return this “true” life to the body. This is consistent with what has been described elsewhere about the nature of the disembodied soul.

Ecclesiastes 12:5-7
Furthermore, men are afraid of a high place and of terrors on the road; the almond tree blossoms, the grasshopper drags himself along, and the caperberry is ineffective. For man goes to his eternal home while mourners go about in the street. Remember Him before the silver cord is broken and the golden bowl is crushed, the pitcher by the well is shattered and the wheel at the cistern is crushed; then the dust will return to the earth as it was, and the spirit will return to God who gave it.

This passage also describes life beyond the grave. After our death, while people are still mourning our absence, we are on our way to the God who created us. We are not stationary. We are not lying in the grave. We are alive and moving. We all know that our bodies will someday die. We don’t need to make a case from the Bible for this; we get to see it (unfortunately) every day. The real question is: “Do we live beyond the grave, beyond the physical life?” The scriptures seem to answer that question in a straightforward manner:

John 11:17-26
So when Jesus came, He found that he had already been in the tomb four days. Now Bethany was near Jerusalem, about two miles off; and many of the Jews had come to Martha and Mary, to console them concerning their brother. Martha therefore, when she heard that Jesus was coming, went to meet Him; but Mary still sat in the house. Martha therefore said to Jesus, “Lord, if You had been here, my brother would not have died. “Even now I know that whatever You ask of God, God will give You.” Jesus said to her, “Your brother shall rise again.” Martha said to Him, “I know that he will rise again in the resurrection on the last day.” Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me shall live even if he dies, and everyone who lives and believes in Me shall never die.”

John 8:51
“Truly, truly, I say to you, if anyone keeps My word he shall never see death.”

We have a powerful promise here. When we place our trust in Christ we will never see death. Our bodies may cease to function, but there will never be a time when we could be considered dead. There is no soul sleep, even though the body dies. Once we understand what the Bible does (and doesn’t) say about the life (or death) of the soul, we can have confidence we will be reunited to God and in His presence the moment we leave this temporal life.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When we die our bodies are DEAD!

These houses of clay only house what is God's if we are believers or sinners.

All souls are his, Ezekiel 18: ( cxt ) 2-5; and the soul that SINNETH, it shall surely die, Ez.18:18-21 but unto the wicked if they turn to God from all their sins and follow his statues, he shall surely live.

This is to differentiate between spiritual death and life for all the bodies of mankind will return to the elements of dirt, it is not meant to be immortal, nor was it created for such.

Our corruptible must put on incorruptible and the ONLY WAY THIS WILL BE ACHEIVED IS BY CHRIST SECOND COMING.
We all will die even if we live to see our Lord's coming !

Reactions: Johann

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Lol, I am going to assume this is a compliment since you said pathos combined with zeal............
Thank you, I think.
...zealous for our Lord and great God, Jesus Christ...a compliment

Neh_8:6 And Ezra blessed the LORD, the great God, and all the people answered, “Amen, Amen,” lifting up their hands. And they bowed their heads and worshiped the LORD with their faces to the ground.

Psa_95:3 For the LORD is a great God, and a great King above all gods.

Dan_2:45 just as you saw that a stone was cut from a mountain by no human hand, and that it broke in pieces the iron, the bronze, the clay, the silver, and the gold. A great God has made known to the king what shall be after this. The dream is certain, and its interpretation sure.”

Tit_2:13 waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ,

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are simply misunderstanding me (again). I am not saying that the Lamb was literally slain before the foundation of the world. I am saying it is a prophecy of what was going to happen. God knew it was going to happen and He can declare the End before the beginning as Scripture says.

With that I agree, but didn't sound like what you said earlier.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When we die our bodies are DEAD!

These houses of clay only house what is God's if we are believers or sinners.

All souls are his, Ezekiel 18: ( cxt ) 2-5; and the soul that SINNETH, it shall surely die, Ez.18:18-21 but unto the wicked if they turn to God from all their sins and follow his statues, he shall surely live.

This is to differentiate between spiritual death and life for all the bodies of mankind will return to the elements of dirt, it is not meant to be immortal, nor was it created for such.

Our corruptible must put on incorruptible and the ONLY WAY THIS WILL BE ACHEIVED IS BY CHRIST SECOND COMING.
We all will die even if we live to see our Lord's coming !

But still, our flesh is only a part designed for this present world, and is NOT our soul nor our spirit. Ecclesiastes 12:5-7; Matthew 10:28; 2 Corinthians 5; and 1 Corinthians 15, 1 Peter 3 and 1 Peter 4, all reveal that our flesh body is just a 'vehicle' for our spirit/soul for this present world time.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do our bodies die?
^ OP

Fulfill Gods Order and Way.

1: Pay your Sin debt...Willingly or Not Willingly
2: Pay your Sin debt...Willingly...death must occur before made anew.
3: Pay your Sin debt...Not willingly...death without becoming made anew.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's too bad, because all I was doing in my post #38 was quoting Scripture evidence. So that means you reject... those Scriptures I quoted.

You were just referring to your misunderstanding on my words in regards to my quote of Scripture on how Christ was slain before the foundation of the world. So I believe that verse just fine.