Why do people believe in a rapture?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
keras said:
Don't you read what I write? If you think I believe in a rapture, you are wrong.
I chucked that belief years ago, when I carefully studied all the Bible, so yes, I acknowledge what you say above is true. Happy now?
That IS the point keras, I do read what you write, which is why I disagree with you all the time. You don't believe in the rapture but equivocate about it and you have NOT supported your POV with ANY sound exegesis.

keras

Writer of Bible study guides
Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
StanJ said:
That IS the point keras, I do read what you write, which is why I disagree with you all the time. You don't believe in the rapture but equivocate about it and you have NOT supported your POV with ANY sound exegesis.
I have to agree with Marcus; he said: Go away Stan.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A bible search on "ready" and "think" ....

Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh. - Matthew 24:44

Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not. - Luke 12:40

So be ready... And think! This event will not be well announced!