Why Do People Believe In This?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This came up in another topic and I wasn't sure where to put it so hopefully here's good since it's not from regular Christian doctrine and it isn't in the Bible. How do people believe that Jesus married Mary Magdalene and had children with her? Some people even claim to be descendants from them. Weird. I would just see it as incest of Christ marrying His own child and having children with them then. :/ (I wonder what His DNA looked like though.) @Grailhunter.

Jesus loved Mary from Magdala And Mary loved Jesus.
She was a avid believer and disciple of Jesus'.

Some people in Scripture are Revealed having a greater Willingness to Serve the Lord.
Taking out of intent and context, Mary's devotion and Jesus' Purpose...to slide that into a Human sexual attraction, and marriage and sex and reproduction...
Simply reveals to me...Carnal Minded thinking...and absolute Voidness of Jesus Spiritual Mission and Accomplishments.

Jesus' DNA?
DNA is the makeup of human bodily molecule
genetics.
Jesus is not a human man.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This came up in another topic and I wasn't sure where to put it so hopefully here's good since it's not from regular Christian doctrine and it isn't in the Bible. How do people believe that Jesus married Mary Magdalene and had children with her? Some people even claim to be descendants from them. Weird. I would just see it as incest of Christ marrying His own child and having children with them then. :/ (I wonder what His DNA looked like though.) @Grailhunter.

People "believe" in that because it is the heart of Gnosticism, which was a New Testament heresy designed to turn Christianity into a sex religion. Satanists and especially Luciferians espouse this doctrine for the same reasons; it is essentially a gateway teaching through which they can transform Christianity into Satanism (in practice anyway), by teaching that it is "Christianity" in its true, original form.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus lived for The Father only, He came here at The Father's bidding, willingly to suffer and die for our sins. He did not have the "cares of this world" and IF (which I don't believe for a second) He did get married, pretty sure it would be in the scriptures. Besides, He was too busy preaching the Gospel and training up His apostles :) JMHO

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People "believe" in that because it is the heart of Gnosticism, which was a New Testament heresy designed to turn Christianity into a sex religion. Satanists and especially Luciferians espouse this doctrine for the same reasons; it is essentially a gateway teaching through which they can transform Christianity into Satanism (in practice anyway), by teaching that it is "Christianity" in its true, original form.

Hollywood has a ton to do with people choosing to believe this outlandish lie. I know there were at least 2 different movies that came out years back that depicted Jesus as married.

Heck, even Paul say's it's better to not be married! And if not, then the life of a single Christian should be to serve, to further His Kingdom.
Being single can be very lonely, until we remember who our first and only love is :)

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hollywood has a ton to do with people choosing to believe this outlandish lie. I know there were at least 2 different movies that came out years back that depicted Jesus as married.

That's not to mention the TV documentaries. Nearly everything I saw on History, A&E and Discovery back then somehow supported the Gnostic view. This is something the powers that be WANT to see promoted. The only question is how long will it be before it finally picks up real momentum, but I have no doubt it will before the end.
Being single can be very lonely, until we remember who our first and only love is :)

Amen, sister. :)

Reactions: Nancy

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah but I don't think that it was in the sense where they wanted to get in bed together. :/

It was not a Flesh sex Attraction.
Human attraction is always first outward appearance, behavior, and in fewer cases what's inside a person.
Spiritual attraction is inward, behavior, regardless of the outside appearance.

I believe Jesus' attraction to Mary was Spiritual. I get Mary being not a typical female of her day. More into fun, extravagance, than marriage and kids. Supposedly Jesus called Demons forth out from her. Some speculate she had inherited wealth. And obviously was eager to hear what Jesus had to say and believed Him, and suspect she along with others contributed funds, as worthy for Jesus' traveling ministry.
A love affair...most assuredly...but not a sexual affair, as called in these days.
Just as Jesus had a close Love relationship with John. Not physical...Spiritual.

Reactions: April_Rose

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's not to mention the TV documentaries. Nearly everything I saw on History, A&E and Discovery back then somehow supported the Gnostic view. This is something the powers that be WANT to see promoted. The only question is how long will it be before it finally picks up real momentum, but I have no doubt it will before the end.

Amen, sister. :)

Thanks for the reply HIH!!
For sure! this is why I have stopped watching "Christian" documentaries, for the most part. Then even the "Christian movies" out there are pretty watered down although, there are a good handful of accurate ones and with some meat! lol.

The powers that be are so in lock step with Satan, that's a for sure. And, the only thing visible to me going forward is only worse and worse. I pray God has special mercy on this generation but I fear, it will be the opposite :(

Reactions: April_Rose

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Excuse me! That should be....did not....have an incestual relationship when He impregnated Mary....Miriam ...her real name.
Sorry about that.
It is a statement not a scripture. And I corrected it.
The point being that in a sense we are children of God, but God did not commit incest when He impregnated Miriam.
Mormon doctrine states that the Father had sex with Mary and impregnated her, resulting in the birth of Jesus. Interesting. According to this doctrine, I would guess that Mormons would reject the virgin birth of Christ, because if the Father had sex with Mary, then she would no longer be a virgin.

(I just like putting a spanner in the works in a thread like this. :))

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mormon doctrine states that the Father had sex with Mary and impregnated her, resulting in the birth of Jesus. Interesting. According to this doctrine, I would guess that Mormons would reject the virgin birth of Christ, because if the Father had sex with Mary, then she would no longer be a virgin.

Paul, that is not what Mormons teach:

The Birth of Jesus However, the angel Gabriel visited Joseph in a dream and said, “Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.”

They teach that Jesus was created from the Holy Ghost, which is what the bible teaches. Sure some of their doctrine does not follow the bible teaching, but apparently not that one.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply HIH!!
For sure! this is why I have stopped watching "Christian" documentaries, for the most part. Then even the "Christian movies" out there are pretty watered down although, there are a good handful of accurate ones and with some meat! lol.

The powers that be are so in lock step with Satan, that's a for sure. And, the only thing visible to me going forward is only worse and worse. I pray God has special mercy on this generation but I fear, it will be the opposite :(

Oh, not to fear. Those who seek God will find Him. :)

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Paul, that is not what Mormons teach:

The Birth of Jesus However, the angel Gabriel visited Joseph in a dream and said, “Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.”

They teach that Jesus was created from the Holy Ghost, which is what the bible teaches.
There are different branches of Mormanism, and there certainly is teaching supporting the Father having sex with Mary. Perhaps you are referring to a branch of Mormanism that doesn't teach that.

I can understand that the public "face" of the LDS church wouldn't want prospective "recruits" to know some of the secret doctrines of the church. Many central doctrines are not taught to Mormon missionaries because if prospective converts knew some of the very way-out doctrines, they would be spooked right away from it.

However, my intention is not to start a debate about Mormanism, but to show that there is a religious organisation that does teach that God the Father had sex with Mary. If you doubt it, then a bit of research digging will "unearth" it.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are different branches of Mormanism, and there certainly is teaching supporting the Father having sex with Mary. Perhaps you are referring to a branch of Mormanism that doesn't teach that.

I can understand that the public "face" of the LDS church wouldn't want prospective "recruits" to know some of the secret doctrines of the church. Many central doctrines are not taught to Mormon missionaries because if prospective converts knew some of the very way-out doctrines, they would be spooked right away from it.

However, my intention is not to start a debate about Mormanism, but to show that there is a religious organisation that does teach that God the Father had sex with Mary. If you doubt it, then a bit of research digging will "unearth" it.

Yes I also don't agree that God ever supported Polygamy and I know they practiced it, and I know some churches that branched off from Mormons still practice it. And I noticed some strange revelations that some of their prophets along the years have brought about in the church. So I'm not doubting it, but when I looked at the LDS official site, it wasn't what came up in all fairness.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
"Those who seek God will find Him."
That's how I found him :) Good reminder, ty!!!
It is interesting that in John Bunyan's "Pilgrims Progress", when his main character was undergoing conviction of sin and knowing that he had to get right with God, he was despairing because he couldn't find the way, and Evangelist came along and showed him the way to the Strait Gate that led to conversion to Christ. This shows that the church needs the ministry of Evangelist (one of the five-fold ministries given to the body of Christ) to show seekers how to embrace Christ and be converted.

Reactions: Nancy

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Yes I also don't agree that God ever supported Polygamy and I know they practiced it, and I know some churches that branched off from Mormons still practice it. And I noticed some strange revelations that some of their prophets along the years have brought about in the church. So I'm not doubting it, but when I looked at the LDS official site, it wasn't what came up in all fairness.
Of course it would come up in the official literature of the LDS church. One has to have been converted to Mormanism and has been promoted to higher levels before being introduced into some of the deeper teachings of the church. I think these "deeper" doctrines are part of the central Temple faction of the church. Because Joseph Smith was heavily into the Masons, the structure of the church is very similar to Masonic levels of higher orders. In fact, inside the Temple in Salt Lake City, where the public cannot enter, Masonic symbols are prevalent.

I have now derailed the thread! I hope the OP doesn't mind his thread going in such a weird direction! :D

Reactions: dev553344

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That explains why @Grailhunter might believe that then as I didn't realize that it was a Mormon belief and for the record I don't find this thread has really gone off topic. :)

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hey Paul!
A lot of people would like to have their cake and eat it to. I think it is human nature.
They don't want Yahweh having sex with Miriam....but they want Yeshua to be the Son of God. They would be insulted if someone said that Christ was a zap! Created Being. Or if Yahweh transported Yeshua....Scotty probably did it...Yahweh just ordered him to.

The Bible gives all the terms for a near normal process...but they hate that...it is near to a mental thing...mental conditioning--mental quagmire, it is a very serious condition. Christians believes sex is dirty, nasty, and sinful, so of course they have issues with God doing it. The mental issue with sex got to a point of a complete break down of all other morals. If sex is dirty, nasty, and sinful...then it is of the devil. In a male dominate religion...society if sex tempts good men to perdition...then the instrument that the devil uses against men is WOMEN. Of course the next step is witches...for near to a thousand years the Church was torturing and cutting off those parts of the female body that tempted good men. 2 or 3 million. So as far as I am concerned the whole thing against procreation is a form of insanity. The thought process has just caused to many lives, horrors, and suffering.

I do not believe in the one God thing...what happened here, did Christ impregnate Miriam with Himself? Did God give all authority to Himself. Did god so loved the world that He gave Himself? Was Yahweh crucified?...non-sense! The silliness of this goes on and on. I believe in the Trinity as three Gods united. Yahweh--Yeshua--"Holy Spirit" LOL no name. I believe sexual morality is a matter of respect for God and ourselves and each other. God created attraction...God created desire, God created sexual stimulation, and God created the process of sexual union and impregnation and Satan was not even consulted.

The humorous side of this is that, the only thing they can agree on, is that God could not have had sex with Miriam. They cannot agree on how they think it happened. LOL That is so funny! For one, the Bible is not going to support much of anything they would suggest...all the terms are there and it progressed as conception, a pregnancy and a delivery. The Church thought that the female genitalia was so nasty that they could not stand the imagery of Yahweh touching the female genitalia, or Christ passing through the genitals. So they came up with the belief that she was a virgin before she was impregnated, after she conceived, and after she delivered Christ. Beamed Him in and beamed Him out I guess! They referred to her as the Virgin Mary...even though that term does not occur in the Bible. The Church even opposed paintings of Christ suckling His mothers breasts...those dirty nasty breasts! He would never touch them! People are weird!

So I go with what is described in the Bible. Not that I believe that the whole thing was exactly how we would do it, but something close. Close enough that Christ is the real Son of God delivered by a woman. God came up with the terms and relationship of Father and Son, and you cannot have a son without sex. God so love the world that He gave His only begotten Son. Gave His only begotten self for those "one God" believers.

Delivered by a woman...the plan was to deliver the Savior of the world by a woman. As far as I am concerned, it was the first indication of how important women would be to Christ, His ministry, and to Christianity. God touched a woman. It certainly was not a testimonial that sex is of the devil.

Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That explains why @Grailhunter might believe that then as I didn't realize that it was a Mormon belief and for the record I don't find this thread has really gone off topic. :)

I am not a Mormon, April.
And I told you that there is nothing in the Bible that indicates that Christ married Mary Magdalene, LOL No offense taken.
On the other hand...there was something going on with Christ's female followers...Mary Magdalene in particular...but not enough information to come up with a belief.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On the other hand...there was something going on with Christ's female followers...Mary Magdalene in particular...but not enough information to come up with a belief.

No offense but I don't think that there was any information at all. At least in the Bible. I don't have any reason to believe that she had romantic feelings for Him or vice versa. Somebody just made it up and other people believed it but it's not in the Bible so I don't believe it.