Why do Protestants have?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ohhh Mm, you need not verbalise feeling threatened to feel threatened. Your posts indicate it.
Anyway, your reality is your reality. You are saddled with yours, I am saddled with mine!
I learned a new word....verbalise....Thank you.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then, Mary, why are you trying to keep it going with your self justification of what you are doing. Sounds like you want to be right, to me, but i am not buying that.

Sorry.

Good Bye party pooper
Not trying....I am.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
no one is above God!
She did one extraordinary thing - gave birth to God's Son. She brought him up and eventually died. That was the whole of her involvement in his life. And as far as the Church is concerned she is respected but should not be revered or given the status as an intercessor between man and God for there is only one in that who is Jesus.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
She did one extraordinary thing - gave birth to God's Son. She brought him up and eventually died. That was the whole of her involvement in his life. And as far as the Church is concerned she is respected but should not be revered or given the status as an intercessor between man and God for there is only one in that who is Jesus.
Hi Pearl,

Who was Mary an intercessor for at the wedding in Cana?

According to Scripture: Can I be an intercessor for you?

When you are standing at the pearly gates, asking to be let in, and Jesus ask's you "What do you think about my mother?" are you going to say to Him what you just said to @theefaith : 'Your mother did one extraordinary thing. She gave birth to you. She brought you up and then died.'

Curious Mary

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do Protestants have

Sunday school?
From what I am told, it was a way to educate the youth. It wasn't meant to educate them on religious matters, but rather to educate them on arithmetic, reading and such. In an agricultural society in the 1700 and 1800's they had little time to learn math and reading. The Pastor probably was schooled in both. It wasn't a religious thing, just a way to educate the youth in the absence of a public school system.

camp meetings?

tent revivals?
Don't know... But there is nothing that says its wrong.

As for tents, evangelicals wanted to preach in the 1940's and up... It was a matter of renting a building or having a tent to preach in. Its costly to buy a tent and chairs, but if you are travelling, eventually its cheaper than renting a venue.

As for camp meetings, I see nothing wrong with folks doing that via scripture.

Wed nite prayer meeting?

Nothing wrong with that. There isn't scripture that says you can't pray on Wednesday. Is there scripture that says you can play bingo on Wednesday? Yet I see Catholic institutions that do so... I don't bother them about it because I don't have a scripture against it.

1st Sunday holy communion?

I am unfamiliar with that. Yes, I commune with the Lord when I go to Church and hear his Word. That is in the Bible.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From what I am told, it was a way to educate the youth. It wasn't meant to educate them on religious matters, but rather to educate them on arithmetic, reading and such. In an agricultural society in the 1700 and 1800's they had little time to learn math and reading. The Pastor probably was schooled in both. It wasn't a religious thing, just a way to educate the youth in the absence of a public school system.

Don't know... But there is nothing that says its wrong.

As for tents, evangelicals wanted to preach in the 1940's and up... It was a matter of renting a building or having a tent to preach in. Its costly to buy a tent and chairs, but if you are travelling, eventually its cheaper than renting a venue.

As for camp meetings, I see nothing wrong with folks doing that via scripture.

Nothing wrong with that. There isn't scripture that says you can't pray on Wednesday. Is there scripture that says you can play bingo on Wednesday? Yet I see Catholic institutions that do so... I don't bother them about it because I don't have a scripture against it.

I am unfamiliar with that. Yes, I commune with the Lord when I go to Church and hear his Word. That is in the Bible.

why does is this doctrine “Bible alone” required?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no the “man of God” is a bishop / apostle leader of the people of God
Well they are men of God if they are truly born again. But they are not all there is.

did Christ earn and merit all graces by his blood and death on the cross?
eph 2:8 who’s faith is referred to here?
No he purchased grace on your behalf, that was why he went to the cross, So that you could have the ability to be saved by grace through faith (eph 2)

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True and theefaith does not believe in a personal relationship which is obvious to all who have that.
He can't understand that there is absolutely no collusion between those of us who know Jesus from wherever we are in the world; complete strangers to each other and yet brethren because of Jesus; not always agreeing on everything but joined in Spirit to each other and to God. He mistakenly believes that only Catholics are true church. I suppose it wasn't his fault he was taught those Catholic dogmas and beliefs from an early age but it is his fault now if, after all he has heard from the rest of us concerning true Christianity, he refuses to listen to God speaking through us and chooses to reject Jesus.
we are to test all spirits

When he stands in front of God. God will not give him a get out of hell card because he listened to other people..

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well they are men of God if they are truly born again. But they are not all there is.

No he purchased grace on your behalf, that was why he went to the cross, So that you could have the ability to be saved by grace through faith (eph 2)

He merited and so can we

what is truly born again?
Is there fake born again?

Psalm 40:3
And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the Lord.

Psalm 98:1
O sing unto the Lord a new song; for he hath done marvellous things: his right hand, and his holy arm, hath gotten him the victory.

what is this new song? What does it have to do with Mary?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
16 He who hears you hears Me, he who rejects you rejects Me, and he who rejects Me rejects Him who sent Me.”

lol. that was given to the disciples only..

sorry bro. Peter is not going to get you out of hell if you are wrong because you blindly followed people who claimed they came from peter..

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He merited and so can we
He merited suffeing and death of the cross?

Good god man do you hear yourself. He did not merit the cross or the pain of the cross..

What he did merit was that he did NOT HAVE TO SUFFER for sin, BECAUSE HE WAS SIN FREE.

what is truly born again?
Is there fake born again?

what is born again?

12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: 13 who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm 40:3&version=KJV
No sacraments required. Jesus paid it all..
And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the Lord.

Psalm 98:1
O sing unto the Lord a new song; for he hath done marvellous things: his right hand, and his holy arm, hath gotten him the victory.

what is this new song? What does it have to do with Mary?
Has NOTHING to do with Mary

Mary did not do anything, CHRIST is the one who gets the credit.

I am telling you my friend, God does not give his glory to anyone..

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The successors of Moses sit in the seat of Moses Matt 23:1
Having the authority of the keys and power to bind and loose, and Jesus commands them to be obeyed!

This authority taken from them and given to the new covenant church!
Matt 21:43 Matt 16:18-19 Matt 28:19 Jn 20:21
And they must be obeyed!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
16 He who hears you hears Me, he who rejects you rejects Me, and he who rejects Me rejects Him who sent Me.”

lol. that was given to the disciples only..

sorry bro. Peter is not going to get you out of hell if you are wrong because you blindly followed people who claimed they came from peter..

Not disciples but the apostles
Acts 2:42 apostles doctrine

Matt 4: g