• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you think Christians should take a strong and united stance against drug addiction problems?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other / Not sure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Exactly Truman, for medicinal purposes such as for chronic pain and cancer patients or other medical uses I have no opposition against legalizing Marijuana, but if I'm not mistaken I think it's always been legal medicinal wise, I remember when I was a teen hearing people being prescribed marijuana I think for pain and other medical uses having to do with the eyes, perhaps cataracts, I'm not sure, that's always been legal on the federal level I believe.
I seem to recall a time when, in Canada, one needed to have a difficult-to-obtain permit to possess cannabis for any reason. Though people have smoke it as long as I remember. I used to smoke it back in the 70s.
Today, I'd rather watch paint peel (which is a favorite past-time of mine), than talk about weed. It seems everybody smokes it. Oh well!
I do, however, find genealogy very interesting. Though I'm not sure everyone else shares my passion for it. Lol

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I believe that cannabis should be more available for those who need it with medical conditions. I am always swelling weed when I am around people in my home town, it’s not legal here but often used. My son used it at one time to help with extreme anxiety and panic attacks after his dad died, but that was just a tide over until we could get his medication sorted out.
I have mixed views on cannabis, I am not convinced it doesn’t affect the mental well being of some people , yet others it does honestly help. Personally it is not something i would use unless I honestly had no other route to take to ease the pain.
I must admit the whole issue of opioid use is awful.
Rita
Opiate use is terrible and very addictive, but sometimes needed, I just recently had surgery on my shoulder where they removed a cyst and cut out a bone spur that was causing me excruciating pain, the Doctor gave me 15 pills of Hydrocodone 5/325 5 milligrams of hydrocodone and 325 of Tylenol compounded together, only 15 pills one pill every 6 hours, I was in such pain the pills weren't doing anything for the pain, so I called the Doctor and spoke to his nurse and told her the pills weren't doing anything for the pain, so she spoke to the Doctor and he said I could double up on the pills and take two every six hours when needed, well that's what I did, I was still in pain, but it was more tolerable with the two pills instead of one, well with only 15 pills and me having to double up on the pills to help ease the pain, I ran out pretty quickly.

So I called my doctor for a refill thinking he'd refill my prescription, and I was in agony almost to the point of crying, he told me no I can't refill your pain meds, instead he told me to take Tylenol and Ibuprofen together, which I did, and it did absolutely nothing, so I called again practically begging he give me something for the pain that the Tylenol/Ibuprofen combo did nothing for the pain, he prescribed me Prednisone which is a steroid and anti inflammatory medication which I've taken in the past for bronchitis, so I took it and it did absolutely nothing, so I gave up on calling my doctor as I knew he wasn't going to prescribe me any opiate painkillers and I bore the pain.

The point I'm trying to make is, sometimes opiates are necessary and the current law and system is preventing Doctors from prescribing their patients painkillers when needed or they are too scared, because so many people become hooked on them and sue the Doctor, which to me is stupid because you know they're addictive, especially this day and age, that's like suing the liquor company because you get addicted to alcohol or the Tobacco company because you get cancer from smoking, nowadays you know the risks of getting addicted to, opiates, alcohol and nicotine and you know the dangers associated with abusing them.

So my point is that the pharmaceutical industry should not be responsible and get law suited the way they did or the Doctors, and implementing the current laws they did in the limiting of opiate prescriptions, because there are people in need of them for chronic pain or even acute pain such as myself, and the Doctor simply won't prescribe you more than what is currently allowed.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I seem to recall a time when, in Canada, one needed to have a difficult-to-obtain permit to possess cannabis for any reason. Though people have smoke it as long as I remember. I used to smoke it back in the 70s.
Today, I'd rather watch paint peel (which is a favorite past-time of mine), than talk about weed. It seems everybody smokes it. Oh well!
I do, however, find genealogy very interesting. Though I'm not sure everyone else shares my passion for it. Lol
Thinking back to as to why I first smoked pot was because I came to the tipping point that I had no reason to live that life as it was at the time.
I was 20yo everything was living hell, a lot of stuff that I worked with was toxic or sure as hell not good for you, people nowadays have a hysterical fit over bugger all.
I did not think that I would live past 40yo when I was 20yo due to my work, but just shrugged that off as my lot. so the drinking helped me in fact and the occasional smoke of Pot all helped greatly in fact to save my mental health and not killing some idiot. I rode a dirt bike as well I could not of done without that, riding in the bush is just magic.

So I believe that if one is abusing Grog their is a reason as to why that is so and it's the same with abusing smoking Pot.
I could ask myself why did I get smashed drinking and I know why it was because I had to get smashed to handle such as was my life.
I was out right being abused at work and drinking and the occasional Pot was my Relief valve !
I seen people who do noting their whole life but bludge and it's all woe is me ? but I am how would you like to be kicked around and set deadlines work like a slave etc etc and then when you have the relief and you are not working the whole world is appreciated so much more, just to sit back and look at the clouds is hugely appreciated wow ! I get so much out of just that. but another would not at all, because they have never had to endure sacrifice. so such is like a waves going down below a set line and then above, something like a heart beat on a monitor, you know that you are alive, it's then you learn to make the most out of your life.
So I set my course with devotion because I do not want to be a slave to trash or subjected to ignorant fools, because I have had a gut full of there domination over me.
I will say no thanks to such and stick to my guns and not be led down the garden path by such people and if they complain I just say I don't care what it is that you think or want, because I am in charge of this Ship.

Last edited:
Reactions: Truman

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes, I believe that cannabis should be more available for those who need it with medical conditions. I am always swelling weed when I am around people in my home town, it’s not legal here but often used. My son used it at one time to help with extreme anxiety and panic attacks after his dad died, but that was just a tide over until we could get his medication sorted out.
I have mixed views on cannabis, I am not convinced it doesn’t affect the mental well being of some people , yet others it does honestly help. Personally it is not something i would use unless I honestly had no other route to take to ease the pain.
I must admit the whole issue of opioid use is awful.
Rita
@Rita It seems that some of the talk about cannabis is supposedly about pain relief, but used as a cover for what amounts to recreational use.

On the other hand, when one thinks of Spurgeon, who suffered with chronic gout, smoking in order to obtain some relief from it, then it puts the cannabis issue into some historical perspective.

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Rita the use of Opioids is not awful if used for medical reasons, I disagree with the way the American government handled the situation and has made it difficult for legitimate people in pain to obtain the drug, I had shoulder surgery where the doctor removed a cyst and cut out a bone spur, because it was causing me extreme pain, well after the surgery they gave me 15 pills of hydrocodone with Tylenol 5/325 5 mg of hydrocodone and 325 mg of Tylenol combined, one pill every six hours, it did nothing for me the dose wasn’t strong enough, well I called the Doctor and he said that was all he was allowed to give me 15 measly pills for that kind of pain, because people abuse the medication, legitimate people have to suffer, I had to bare the pain after the pills ran out and he put me on 800 mg ibuprofen prescription, well I’ll tell you that 800mg of Ibuprofen wouldn’t even take a mild toothache away.

Yet they want to legalize pot so people can get high, something definitely wrong in the world when they refuse patients in pain medication, yet reward drug addicts with supposed medicinal use of marijuana.

if the dope fiend wants his opioids he’s going to get them regardless, he’ll see his local dope dealer, he is not going to go to the doctor for a script.

LouisWilliams

Mar 3, 2021
Home
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Rita It seems that some of the talk about cannabis is supposedly about pain relief, but used as a cover for what amounts to recreational use.

On the other hand, when one thinks of Spurgeon, who suffered with chronic gout, smoking in order to obtain some relief from it, then it puts the cannabis issue into some historical perspective.

I thought it was usually teenagers and college students who used these substances recreationally - but it seems that parents and middle-aged people these days are using them also, that is somewhat surprising to me at first.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I thought it was usually teenagers and college students who used these substances recreationally - but it seems that parents and middle-aged people these days are using them also, that is somewhat surprising to me at first.
@LouisWilliams Well, years ago when Spurgeon smoked, there were less medical means to alleviate pain, anyway...