Why do so many Christains treat unbelievers as the enemy of God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many Christians superimpose dualism on to Christianity, which demands tribalism and the creation of an enemy. Jesus tells us to love our neighbors and pray for our enemies......in hopes of erasing dualism and moving towards unity. Reference the Trump Presidency for an example of dualism in real time

Last edited:

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Who is confused again? It certainly ain't me. You state, on no uncertain terms that I have no love for this world, and you are damn right I don't. Why the hell would a Christian have love for the world? Remember, you were the one that opened this can of worms with your self-righteous judgement of me claiming I am not born again.

So you really dont have any scripture to back up what you think. Well I aint surprised as I said it clearly there are NO scripture for YOUR way of thinking. Being born in a church make no difference to your understanding of scripture. so that wont help you either. I have clearly said from the start you have no love for your fellow man none. You clearly said that you will be happy when people go to hell. No where in scripture do you see God laughing at anuone that may be going to hell. But you think its cool for you to laugh at a very sobering thought. Thats the part of you that has no love. as you have shown us. Anyone laughing at the thought of someone going to hell needs a better understanding. This is a can of worms and there all on your side. Stop trying to twist this. with the world. You said you will be celibrating people going to hell. There is no love in that at all. Once again please show us the scripture to justify your stance. There are none.

Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Satan will remain the god of this world, the one ruling with a rod of iron as the seven headed, ten horned dragon until he is uprooted by the Lords second coming, not by you or anyone else. That's the real truth of the matter.
you might review that "rod of iron" passage, i don't think it is meant to be applied to satan.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
All of the other flavors are outside the Church
again here you seem committed to a perception of the kingdom that you can touch, and point to, that seems to come from a physical definition of "Church." And i am not sure how you can justify this, even to yourself.

In this model, you would have to believe that anyone who is not in the RCC is lost, yes?

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So it would be cool if you admitted to fellow readers that you were wrong. Rather than ending it abrutly in the manner in which you done. because your misteaching really pleases satan and cause disraction fom the truth.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
So it would be cool if you admitted to fellow readers that you were wrong. Rather than ending it abrutly in the manner in which you done. because your misteaching really pleases satan and cause disraction fom the truth.
ah then let me freely admit once again that i do not know, and you are surely better equipped to see me than i am. I have the same blind spot most everyone else does, i guess.

If i distracted from "the truth," then perhaps that has at least served to make the truth all the more evident.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
again here you seem committed to a perception of the kingdom that you can touch, and point to, that seems to come from a physical definition of "Church." And i am not sure how you can justify this, even to yourself.

In this model, you would have to believe that anyone who is not in the RCC is lost, yes?
Jesus said the following:
Matt. 5:14-16
“You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven."

There is NO such thing as the "invisible" Church.

He ALSO said:
John 17:20-23
“My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one,Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one— I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.

The tens of thousands of disjointed and perpetually-splintering Protestant sects that ALL teach different doctrines do NOT embody the unity that Jesus prayed for at the Last Supper.

As for who is "lost" - that is NOT for me or the Church to judge. That is up to God alone.
However - I wouldn't take my chances being outside the visible Church . . .

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only the actions/Works one sees physically in this world. for the Spirit is not seen, only manifested through his body, the manifested works. see John chapter 14, and that manifestation/works in acts chapter 2 & 3. in chapter 3, the people saw the lame man healed physically, but what they did not see, or rather who they did not see is the one who did the healing. the Lord Jesus the Spirit, who works invisibly through his physical body the church.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course there is. Unless you believe the only people going to heaven are church goers.
Show me ONE verse of Scripture that speaks of an "invisible" Church - and I'll show you where Jesus says this is simply NOT true (Matt. 5:14-16).

Unfortunately for YOU - I have the Bible on my side . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only the actions/Works one sees physically in this world. for the Spirit is not seen, only manifested through his body, the manifested works. see John chapter 14, and that manifestation/works in acts chapter 2 & 3. in chapter 3, the people saw the lame man healed physically, but what they did not see, or rather who they did not see is the one who did the healing. the Lord Jesus the Spirit, who works invisibly through his physical body the church.
The Holy Spirit working invisibly through His Church doe NOT make the Church "invisible".

Jesus made this perfectly clear (Matt. 5:14-16).

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Jesus said the following:
Matt. 5:14-16
“You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven."

There is NO such thing as the "invisible" Church.
obviously there is, if you cannot see it, yet many others can.

Imo a better parable for this is "the kingdom does not come by observation," but of course you believe it does, so i'm not sure how you justify your position here, and the parable you cite has nothing to do with a Visible Church--except for eyes that see.

the entire subject of Matt 5 is personal actions and responsibility; acknowledging that it is Living Stones, believers, who are the Church. And we do not get to define "believers" either, otherwise you are demonstrably going to hell, see.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Spirit working invisibly through His Church doe NOT make the Church "invisible".

Jesus made this perfectly clear (Matt. 5:14-16).
you must not completely read my post. who do the works? for the flesh profit nothing. and if you think the church is flesh then you're in for a big surprise.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Show me ONE verse of Scripture that speaks of an "invisible" Church - and I'll show you where Jesus says this is simply NOT true (Matt. 5:14-16).

Unfortunately for YOU - I have the Bible on my side . . .

So you gonna share it or is it like your laying on of hands a secret??????