Why do so many Christains treat unbelievers as the enemy of God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i'd be careful about assumptions there.

18Woe to you who long for the Day of the LORD! What will the Day of the LORD be for you? It will be darkness and not light.

1Woe to those who are at ease in Zion

and to those who feel secure on the hill of Samaria —

the notable people in this first of the nations,

those the house of Israel comes to.

:cool: Personally, I'm looking forward to getting my head cut off for the faith like will happen to many saints. Hell, at least it will be a relatively quick death......so I can enjoy the revenge from the Lord that comes after I'm caught up, possibly drinking my brandy, tasting a sample of that good old manna from heaven.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
um, yikes? States the prevailing "Christian" pov pretty succinctly tho, i guess.

Not really, many "Christian's" tend to make it seem more romantic, touchy feely, as they smile in the unbelievers face, pretending to show them "love". They also confuse the redeemed saints wearing actual "gowns" with a woman's garments. It must be a gay thing. I wouldn't be surprised given how effeminate men are these days with the rise of skin tight, fruity looking designer clothes.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
well, i would like to think that i am just misunderstanding you, but imo "enjoying revenge" does not strike me as the most humble pov one might cultivate wadr.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Its only a natural human response to the Christian community increasingly getting treated like dirt, and their beliefs berated publicly in the media, with abominations like homosexuality embraced and even slowly being taught to their children in schools as a natural act. If Satan's advocates, the unbelievers wants to go after our children, they are most certainly asking for serious trouble and hostility. Sure, Jesus did in fact tell us to love our enemies, but that's easier said than done, and showing love still doesn't make them any less your enemy. Any friend of the world is an enemy to God, and henceforth is every bit an enemy to you. They will realize that when God lays the smack down on all of them due to their friendship with the world, which at the moment belongs to Satan, on the Day of the Lord, and I cannot wait. Its going to be a glorious day for us, but for the world, it will be a day of dread and sorrow, and its going to put a big fat smile on my face.

Natural being flesh the total opposite to what we are to be, spiritual. We are to walk in the spirit and let the spirit over come the flesh. You were told you would be treated like dirt in the beginning. So that is what we signed up for to come last and to become the least. We are called to lay down our lives. It doesnt mean we all will be martyers. It means lay down your life daily for others in a very practical and benificial way to mankind. We know what the world teaches and are called to reach them. So this hostility you are talking about where does God tell you to go after them. where does God tell you to laugh at there misery that they may or may not be heading into hell. If its you who are meeting them they will turn there back on God and YOU are responcible for that. as well as they are. How will they know scripture says unless you tell them. But you dont tell them they are loved which is clear in your few posts already. If you glee in them going to hell. How can YOU possibly reach them. This is why I will again question if you are actully born again?
Once again you are quoting scriture and rubbishing it in one sentance.

Jesus did in fact tell us to love our enemies, but that's easier said than done, and showing love still doesn't make them any less your enemy.

You really are missing what God has done through Christ. Have you tried it? Are you done trying it? Do you treat each unbeliever the same? Or have you wrote off the whole world now? The facts are you are to forgive over and over and over until they reach eternity. Maybe you dont know that. It looks like you dont. You do not have a single scripture that tells you to treat unbelievers in they way you talk.

So they are enemys of God because they dont have Christ. and thats where you are supposed to make themn friends of God by intoducing them to the love of God through Christ. But your understanding of God is that He is ruthless and will sort them all out sooner or later.
Why would anyone want your message. I would go as far as to say you have never seen anyone come to Christ in your walk ever. Because you message has no love in it for man kind to be attracted to. You are wrong calling men enemys of me or God they are not. We know there condition with out God. But its you job to lead them to the love of God and it looks like you are void of love. and your understanding of God is void of love. I am actully thinking you could be here just to mislead people under the guise of a Christian. I seriously doubt you are born again. If you are just a new Christian I would get it, but you aretrying to teach and thats the problem.

Whos was your friendship before Christ? satan obviously so you were exactly the same as them, but now you are way above them fithy sinner eh? As I said I dont think you get the very basic message of salvation and will again say I dont think you are born again. There is no love in you for a lost world.
The world does not belong to satan. where do you get this? Have you ever heard any of Christ truths? The world was given to man through Christ death and resurection. satan a loser with no power nothing. Nothing rat that hides and sneaks about.
Jesus has all authority in heaven and earth and he gve dominion of the earth back to man. We have the power of life and death in our tounges and you talk death on the earth. That is why YOU Are responcible. you have more power than you know and are totally abusing what you have.
So you think its going to be amusing when people are going to hell. Does that sound like a God message. does any thing you say look like the good news? Nothing you post is about God. Its all about your hatred for fellow men.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Not really, many "Christian's" tend to make it seem more romantic, touchy feely, as they smile in the unbelievers face, pretending to show them "love". They also confuse the redeemed saints wearing actual "gowns" with a woman's garments. It must be a gay thing. I wouldn't be surprised given how effeminate men are these days with the rise of skin tight, fruity looking designer clothes.
It is romantic He loves me and I love you because He loved me. I am His bride Hes coming back for me. I am in my wedding dress but I have combat boots on as I wait because I am in a battle and my battle is not again all men as you think. Its a spiritual battle that you are not in yet. You are still fighting the flesh and have not entered the spiritual battle that we are called to enter into. Your thinking is very very shallow and void of love. You have no right other than to love. Love is what you are called to. You are still living for you and no one else your posts are full of flesh.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well said Sword. Not only what you mentioned re non Christians...but also those of a different 'strain and flavour' of Christianity!! On this site we see brother against brother..and people calling each other deceived, or stronger. The things is...when "the chips are down"...( which may not be long , the way the anti-Christian atmosphere is growing) ,,,all levels and flavours of Christianity will pull together.
I don't know why we attack each other...and worse yet...the unconverted.
Because division ans perpetual splintering is the fruit of true Protestantism.

There are no different "strains" or "flavors" of Christ's Church. It is ONE - as He and the Father are ONE (John 17:20-23).
All of the other flavors are outside the Church . . .

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Because division ans perpetual splintering is the fruit of true Protestantism.

There are no different "strains" or "flavors" of Christ's Church. It is ONE - as He and the Father are ONE (John 17:20-23).
All of the other flavors are outside the Church . . .
Guessing you never looked at the OP. why dont you try and answer the OP.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Guessing you never looked at the OP. why dont you try and answer the OP.
I wasn't answering the OP.
I was responding to a post from "ByGrace".

Do you understand the concept of an "open" forum??

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I wasn't answering the OP.
I was responding to a post from "ByGrace".

Do you understand the concept of an "open" forum??
I am sure you understand the concept of derailing anothers thread. I dont want a debate of how good the catholic church is or not as the case may be.

Reactions: Helen and Job

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am sure you understand the concept of derailing anothers thread. I dont want a debate of how good the catholic church is or not as the case may be.
Good post.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nobody derailed anything.
Apparently, you don't understand the concept of an "open" forum . . .

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Your going to argue about nothing all night eh? Go answer my question in the other thread please.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, i would like to think that i am just misunderstanding you, but imo "enjoying revenge" does not strike me as the most humble pov one might cultivate wadr.

Yeah, in your opinion.

Natural being flesh the total opposite to what we are to be, spiritual. We are to walk in the spirit and let the spirit over come the flesh. You were told you would be treated like dirt in the beginning. So that is what we signed up for to come last and to become the least. We are called to lay down our lives. It doesnt mean we all will be martyers. It means lay down your life daily for others in a very practical and benificial way to mankind. We know what the world teaches and are called to reach them. So this hostility you are talking about where does God tell you to go after them. where does God tell you to laugh at there misery that they may or may not be heading into hell. If its you who are meeting them they will turn there back on God and YOU are responcible for that. as well as they are. How will they know scripture says unless you tell them. But you dont tell them they are loved which is clear in your few posts already. If you glee in them going to hell. How can YOU possibly reach them. This is why I will again question if you are actully born again?
Once again you are quoting scriture and rubbishing it in one sentance.

You really are missing what God has done through Christ. Have you tried it? Are you done trying it? Do you treat each unbeliever the same? Or have you wrote off the whole world now? The facts are you are to forgive over and over and over until they reach eternity. Maybe you dont know that. It looks like you dont. You do not have a single scripture that tells you to treat unbelievers in they way you talk.

Oh I do know the scriptures you speak of, but I'm not one to hide what I truly believe regarding the unbeliever.

So they are enemys of God because they dont have Christ. and thats where you are supposed to make themn friends of God by intoducing them to the love of God through Christ. But your understanding of God is that He is ruthless and will sort them all out sooner or later.
Why would anyone want your message. I would go as far as to say you have never seen anyone come to Christ in your walk ever. Because you message has no love in it for man kind to be attracted to. You are wrong calling men enemys of me or God they are not. We know there condition with out God. But its you job to lead them to the love of God and it looks like you are void of love. and your understanding of God is void of love. I am actully thinking you could be here just to mislead people under the guise of a Christian. I seriously doubt you are born again. If you are just a new Christian I would get it, but you aretrying to teach and thats the problem.

Whos was your friendship before Christ? satan obviously so you were exactly the same as them, but now you are way above them fithy sinner eh? As I said I dont think you get the very basic message of salvation and will again say I dont think you are born again. There is no love in you for a lost world.

Well I was born and raised in a church since you are wondering, so not exactly the same as one raised to be a scoffer of the Holy Bible, or a Islamic extremist, or a God hating evolutionist, etc. And, need I quote the scriptures clearly stating that we are not to love the world or anything in it? Please tell me you are joking with this one......??? Of course there is no love for the world in me, if I did, then the love of the Father is not within me. Sorry to say, but it seems like it is you who doesn't get the basic message of salvation.

The world does not belong to satan. where do you get this? Have you ever heard any of Christ truths? The world was given to man through Christ death and resurection. satan a loser with no power nothing. Nothing rat that hides and sneaks about.[.quote]

Jesus has all authority in heaven and earth and he gve dominion of the earth back to man. We have the power of life and death in our tounges and you talk death on the earth. That is why YOU Are responcible. you have more power than you know and are totally abusing what you have.
So you think its going to be amusing when people are going to hell. Does that sound like a God message. does any thing you say look like the good news? Nothing you post is about God. Its all about your hatred for fellow men.

Jesus Christ has been given dominion in heaven and earth, but has not, and will not be exercised until his second coming. You have an inflated since of self-worth. He is the one that will set everything in order.

Paul states who this world belongs to, which of course is after Christs Resurrection:

(2 Corinthians 4:1-5) "Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we faint not; {2} But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man’s conscience in the sight of God. {3} But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: {4} In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. {5} For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus’ sake."

Satan will remain the god of this world, the one ruling with a rod of iron as the seven headed, ten horned dragon until he is uprooted by the Lords second coming, not by you or anyone else. That's the real truth of the matter.

Last edited:

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, in your opinion.

Oh I do know the scriptures you speak of, but I'm not one to hide what I truly believe regarding the unbeliever.

Well I was born and raised in a church since you are wondering, so not exactly the same as one raised to be a scoffer of the Holy Bible, or a Islamic extremist, or a God hating evolutionist, etc. And, need I quote the scriptures clearly stating that we are not to love the world or anything in it? Please tell me you are joking with this one......??? Of course there is no love for the world in me, if I did, then the love of the Father is not within me. Sorry to say, but it seems like it is you who doesn't get the basic message of salvation.

Jesus Christ has been given dominion in heaven and earth, but has not, and will not be exercised until his second coming. You have an inflated since of self-worth. He is the one that will set everything in order.

Paul states who this world belongs to, which of course is after Christs Resurrection:

Satan will remain the god of this world, the one ruling with a rod of iron as the seven headed, ten horned dragon until he is uprooted by the Lords second coming, not by you or anyone else. That's the real truth of the matter.
Yes please with the scripture this is gonna be a trip. You are told to love your enemy who obviously is in the world and of it. so lets have some scriptures then :)

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes please with the scripture this is gonna be a trip. You are told to love your enemy who obviously is in the world and of it. so lets have some scriptures then :)

You want the one that says to love your enemy, or the one that states NOT to love the world? Jesus Christ never said to love the world which is the lust of the flesh, lust of the eyes and pride of life. There are lots of Christians on this forum alone who have the pride of life, with their inflated sense of self-worth. This is exactly what you say I should be in love with, the world. Again, are you serious in your convictions, are you joking, or are you really that confused?

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No you talk about the world as if the world is people. So I aint confussed you are. You are to love your enemy Fact. Now counter that scripture or your wrong. Forget the Christians on the forum we aint talking about them. We are talking about you. and your misunderstanding of scripture.
I really have a huge sense of worth and you nor satan will ever take it away. I am worth the blood, or God would not have sent Him. We need to start realizing what we are worth to God. I am very nearly fully aware of my valuse and my created value. The church doesnt even teach this yet as a whole. SO try and stay on topic and give us the scriptures that allow you to cheer people going to hell.

Reactions: Helen

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No you talk about the world as if the world is people. So I aint confussed you are. You are to love your enemy Fact. Now counter that scripture or your wrong. Forget the Christians on the forum we aint talking about them. We are talking about you. and your misunderstanding of scripture.

Who is confused again? It certainly ain't me. You state, on no uncertain terms that I have no love for this world, and you are damn right I don't. Why the hell would a Christian have love for the world? Remember, you were the one that opened this can of worms with your self-righteous judgement of me claiming I am not born again.