Why do so many Christains treat unbelievers as the enemy of God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So of all the churches in the world, which one does He claim for His own?
There is only ONE Church.
The other 50,000 or so are just splinters of that ONE Church.

Matt. 16:18
"And so I say to you, you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my CHURCH, and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against IT."

It's singular. Notice, He didn't say:
"And so I say to you, you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my CHURCHES, and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against THEM."

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There is only ONE Church.
The other 50,000 or so are just splinters of that ONE Church.

Matt. 16:18
"And so I say to you, you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my CHURCH, and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against IT."

It's singular. Notice, He didn't say:
"And so I say to you, you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my CHURCHES, and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against THEM."
Its a body of people and 100% not what you think. This is basic. you are whorshiping the catholic system.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Show me an example of ONE single human being who ever exemplified love, kindness and mercy and was invisible.

If you can't do that - you LOSE the debate . . .

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Show me an example of ONE single human being who ever exemplified love, kindness and mercy and was invisible.

If you can't do that - you LOSE the debate . . .
Can you not stick with the topic?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
When Jesus said that the "flesh profits nothing" - He wasn't talking about a visible Church. You completely took His words out of context.
this is a different concept, yes, and i do not conflate the two
This phrase is from John 6, human understanding as it pertained to His words about eating and drinking His flesh and blood.
none of this addresses the possibility that God's definition of "Church" does not agree with yours, unless you have some alt def of Living Stones that i am unaware of.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL, LOL, ok person, I ask is a person visible or not. I'm talking about the real you, not your house you dwell in.................... (smile). and when you finish telling that none truth read John 1:4 and see what Light MEANS.:D.
Not really sure what you're trying to convey here because you message is a little garbled.
The fact remains, though, that Jesus indicated that HIS Church was a visible entity - not an invisible one (Matt. 5:14-16).

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its a body of people and 100% not what you think. This is basic. you are whorshiping the catholic system.
Thank you for finally admitting that the Church is people.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
this is a different concept, yes, and i do not conflate the two
And I wasn't responding to you.
This was in response to something that your fellow anti-Catholic 101G said.
none of this addresses the possibility that God's definition of "Church" does not agree with yours, unless you have some alt def of Living Stones that i am unaware of.
And AGAIN - this had NOTHING to do with the conversation - as I pointed out to 101G.

Try to follow the conversation a little closer if you're going to interject . . .

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
The Church is NOT invisible
look, invisible not invisible is not even relevant--the Church is made of people. The point is that you do not know which people. you cannot define them. Muslims and Hindus and even some Satanists might be Living Stones for all you know. One does not have to be Catholic to be accepted by God

So you have had plenty of chance to respond to this now, and are obviously avoiding it, which is all the answer i need

Reactions: Job

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
look, invisible not invisible is not even relevant--the Church is made of people. The point is that you do not know which people. you cannot define them. Muslims and Hindus and even some Satanists might be Living Stones for all you know. One does not have to be Catholic to be accepted by God

So you have had plenty of chance to respond to this now, and are obviously avoiding it, which is all the answer i need
And I never said that only Catholics are accepted by God.
This is an ignorant Protestant accusation.

In the teaching Extra Ecclesiam Nulla Salus (No salvation outside the Church), the Church teaches that some people are "invincibly ignorant" and MAY achieve salvation - whether they are Catholic or not.

Jesus Himself provided for this when He told the Pharisees:
John 9:41

If you were blind, you would not be guilty of sin; but now that you claim you can see, your guilt remains."

John 15:22
If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not be guilty of sin; but now they have no excuse for their sin."

Try being honest, for a change . . .

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This was in response to something that your fellow anti-Catholic 101G said.
#1 don't put words in my mouth. I'm not anti-catholic, I'm just against some of their doctrines as well as some man made doctrines of various other denominations as well.
#2. the body is the Church?, who's body is it? a Spiritual head on a Physical body?. NO, question how is one placed into the body of Christ. other words how do the Holy Spirit place you physically into his body?. can't wait to hear this one .

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
In the teaching Extra Ecclesiam Nulla Salus (No salvation outside the Church), the Church teaches that some people are "invincibly ignorant" and MAY achieve salvation - whether they are Catholic or not.
ya, that's not a divisive pov at all lol--ty for making my point.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
#1 don't put words in my mouth. I'm not anti-catholic, I'm just against some of their doctrines as well as some man made doctrines of various other denominations as well.
#2. the body is the Church?, who's body is it? a Spiritual head on a Physical body?. NO, question how is one placed into the body of Christ. other words how do the Holy Spirit place you physically into his body?. can't wait to hear this one .
If you just "disagreed" with Catholic doctrine - then you wouldn't be an anti-Catholic.
However, when you lie and stretch the truth to denigrate Catholic doctrine - then you're an anti-Catholic.

You, Job, Sword and bbyrd009 are ALL anti-Catholics because you make ignorant accusations and can't stick to the facts.

To answer your 2nd question - Jesus is the Head of the Body and He has a PHYSICAL body as well as a spiritual presence.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ya, that's not a divisive pov at all lol--ty for making my point.
Hey - I was simply answering YOUR asinine statement, where you said:
"One does not have to be Catholic to be accepted by God."

I showed you that we don't teach that.
'Nuff said.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you just "disagreed" with Catholic doctrine - then you wouldn't be an anti-Catholic.
However, when you lie and stretch the truth to denigrate Catholic doctrine - then you're an anti-Catholic.

You, Job, Sword and bbyrd009 are ALL anti-Catholics because you make ignorant accusations and can't stick to the facts.

To answer your 2nd question - Jesus is the Head of the Body and He has a PHYSICAL body as well as a spiritual presence.
#1. his body is glorified, and yours NOT..... LOL. so that's another lie of yours.
#2. yes, I disagree with your Catholic doctrine because most of them are straight out of hell... Smile. just for instance, you say women can't be bishops and ministers of the gospel, that's a lie. and you say women can't be popes whatever that is. but listen up the very first BISHOP of Rome was a woman......... :p. can't handle that truth can you. worshiping statues, prayer beads ect... LOL. right, I cannot agree with the doctrine of devil, scripture, 2 Corinthians 6:14 "Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? 15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?". sorry..... (smile).

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
#1. his body is glorified, and yours NOT..... LOL. so that's another lie of yours.
#2. yes, I disagree with your Catholic doctrine because most of them are straight out of hell... Smile. just for instance, you say women can't be bishops and ministers of the gospel, that's a lie. and you say women can't be popes whatever that is. but listen up the very first BISHOP of rom was a woman......... :p. can't handle that truth can you. worshiping statues, prayer beads ect... LOL. right, I cannot agree with the doctrine of devil, scripture, 2 Corinthians 6:14 "Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? 15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?". sorry..... (smile).
Where do you get this nonsense?? A woman??
Peter
was the first Bishop of Rome.

"Worshiping" statues?? Another anti-Catholic lie.

This is precisely why you are an anti-Catholic.
Look - making up lies and spewing out ignorant statements may be the way YOUR splinter group operates - but is s abominable in the sight of God.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read the book of Romans chapter 16

and 2 Mary is just another ordinary woman

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That was a good post Sword..

.. You clearly said that you will be happy when people go to hell. No where in scripture do you see God laughing at anyone that may be going to hell. But you think its cool for you to laugh at a very sobering thought. Thats the part of you that has no love. as you have shown us.
Amen! That is something that grieves me too, when people cannot see the depth of the love of God. Yet they profess to being His child. Like Father like son. These to me are the ones who " never knew Him" or waited before him quietly so He could reveal His heart to them.
I have not yet come to grips on just how deep the love of God goes....but with our Father, nothing would surprise me ...
He may well fool the hard hearted by turning round at the great "wrap-Up" and saying...As in Adam ALL died, even so in my Son, and His victory, ALL shall come alive. I totally believe as Paul mentioned , in the levels of rewards ( which to me, the rewards being, how close or far away we will be to the Lord Himself in Glory) Gold , Silver ,
precious stones, or Wood,Hay and Stubble. Like it or not, our works will be tried by fire. I also believe that, as said He shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver to purge and refine as gold and silver.........I believe when He has finished with each of us, on any level...He will then look to see if the" Reflection of His Face" can been seen in us!! He is looking at our hearts...which is where He will measure us ...and we pray that we will not be found wanting!!
I hold these things lightly...but hold them.....I muse upon them , and trust that I have seen a
glimpse of The Father heart of God. I am not one of those that we find too often on this Site who nag the rest of us and say " This is how it is..BECAUSE I KNOW.." No one knows anything, it is each our opinion and interpretation of scripture. The only "knowing" is His Price, The Blood, The Cross, The Love...and THE VICTORY!!!
.....H

Last edited:
Reactions: Sword