Why do so many Christains treat unbelievers as the enemy of God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I think I have more patience with non believers than I do with Christian brethren. I guess it's because they have so much to lose without Christ as their Lord and Savior

Reactions: amadeus

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think I have more patience with non believers than I do with Christian brethren. I guess it's because they have so much to lose without Christ as their Lord and Savior

I tend to have more patience with believers than I do with unbelievers for this same reason. I don't recall scripture ever saying that we are to be patient with the hard headed, but to kick the dust off our feet and move on in life if the message isn't received. Patience is the Holy Ghosts job, which is why its called the comforter. I know better at this point after having one too many run in's with trollish, confrontational, bible scoffers. It has truly caused me to have far less patience with them.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Matthew 7
11 If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!
Does this exempt those who are evil from asking?

Matthew 15
21 Then Jesus went out from there and departed to the region of Tyre and Sidon. 22 And behold, a woman of Canaan came from that region and cried out to Him, saying, “Have mercy on me, O Lord, Son of David! My daughter is severely demon-possessed.”
23 But He answered her not a word.
And His disciples came and urged Him, saying, “Send her away, for she cries out after us.

24 But He answered and said, “I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

25 Then she came and worshiped Him, saying, “Lord, help me!”
26 But He answered and said, “It is not good to take the children’s bread and throw it to the little dogs.”
27 And she said, “Yes, Lord, yet even the little dogs eat the crumbs which fall from their masters’ table.”
28 Then Jesus answered and said to her, “O woman, great is your faith! Let it be to you as you desire.”And her daughter was healed from that very hour.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I can understand this feeling, but if Christ’s words are true - he came for the sick and churches are hospitals filled with sick people. Perhaps we are in need of extra portions of Grace

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I love unbelievers as all they desire is to hear about Him, the problem with christians is all they want to know is what the bible says, and so thats all they get. I actually had a friend of mine whos husband was JW, teh problem she said with him is all he talks about is teh bible where as you talk from experience... She listened to me and believed what I said,and she also said it was all backed up from another christians she had spoken too..

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many Christian believe it is their job to unmask every Christian they meet and then, label them enemies of God, before dismissing them outright
God may have given that job to some, but I would seriously doubt it.

I believe that everyone who presents himself as a brother should be received and treated as just that until the Holy Ghost in us tells us otherwise. Too many people listen to their fleshly logic and presumptions instead of hearing the Master's voice. Just because someone's church affiliation and doctrines differ from yours does not mean they are wrong and you are right in every point. Probably there are some in every one of the thousands of Christians denominations as well as some in none of them who really love God.

"And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers." John 10:4-5

Are we his sheep? Are we able to discern our Shepherd's voice from among the voices speaking to us?

Not everyone is at exactly the same place in their walk with God. They may simply be at different places along the highway of holiness.

"And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us.
But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me.
For he that is not against us is on our part." Mark 9:38-40

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I can understand this feeling, but if Christ’s words are true - he came for the sick and churches are hospitals filled with sick people. Perhaps we are in need of extra portions of Grace
Amen....these sick people did not come from the Church but from the world originally and yes they are struggling. I was referring to maturer Christians rather than babies in the Lord...

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So as the title says there are many in here who treat people who do not believe in God as the enemy. That is not what we are told to do by Christ. The guy tripp came in and was attacked by Christians. I seen another thread that was three years old being revived and it was exactly the same. The guy asked a question and ver few addressd his question but rather attacked his belief. Can any one give me the scriptures that qualify you to attack someone who does not believe in God?

Luke 11:23
He that is not with me is against me: and he that gathereth not with me scattereth.

Mk 16:16
He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.