Why do so many of you insult fellow Christians that express a different understanding?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus rebuked many people as did Paul. The writings of the OT prophets are full of rebukes. It is not pleasurable but is often necessary.
I don't believe your insults toward amigo are necessary. I don't believe you are correcting or rebuking him out of love or good will. I wish you would stop.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't believe your insults toward amigo are necessary. I don't believe you are correcting or rebuking him out of love or good will. I wish you would stop.

The good news is that Jim, like the rest of us, is going to be changed, albeit probably not in this lifetime.

Reactions: St. SteVen

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He is the most negative and judgmental person that I have ever encountered on any forum.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He is the most negative and judgmental person that I have ever encountered on any forum.

Well you "rebuked" him already right? You don't have to keep doing it. Paul and Jesus did not keep after the same individual people to rebuke them again and again.

You've addressed your issue with him in multiple threads now. It's enough.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nonsense.
Now I have heard everything....

Islam teaches that a person can be saved by his own good deeds while the Bible teaches that only through belief in Christ can a person be saved.

Thus Allah, the god of Islam, is not the God revealed in the Bible.
You should see where that false mindset is leading folks too . The belief that all humanity and all religoins
do indeed serve the same GOD .
Well they dont . You realize what they did right .
They said a truth that GOD IS LOVE , then went about preaching a love NOT OF GOD .
A love that would rather UNITE all the religons as one believing in time they do serve the same GOD .
ITS why you see things even from the vatican by the pope
having a muslim , a buddist , a jew , a christain all holding hands and saying GOD IS LOVE .
OH HE IS LOVE but THEY DONT KNOW HIM or HIS LOVE .

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you nuts? Nobody, including me, has said that hindus, buddhists, and other religions serve the same God that we do. And nobody, including me has said that a Christian believes GOD is fine with the love of money or with murder or with homosexuality. Try to be truthful, if at all possible. I know that is difficult for you, but give it a try. God doesn't approve of liars.

To keep the commandments is to deny Christ!

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
We are not commanded to obey the commandments by Jesus. Only those who aren't saved must obey the commandments. Christian have been given the Holy Spirit to be our guide, replacing the written commandments.
-with the law/nomos/entole of Christ and His Imperatives.
J.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are not commanded to obey the commandments by Jesus.
Not commanded to obey the commandments...

Hmmm...

To whom do the (10, I'm assuming, because those are the only commandments to which anyone objects) commandments belong?

Who is speaking here? Father, Son, Spirit?

The Spirit doesn't speak at all in the OT, if I remember correctly, so again:

To whom do the commandments belong?

To keep the commandments is to deny Christ!

If it's Jesus who is speaking in Exodus 16:28, do we deny Him by keeping His own commandments?

If it is the Father, are not Jesus and His Father One? (John 10:30)

Well, we've gotten way off-topic here, haven't we?

Reactions: Johann

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You should see where that false mindset is leading folks too . The belief that all humanity and all religoins
do indeed serve the same GOD .
Well they dont . You realize what they did right .
They said a truth that GOD IS LOVE , then went about preaching a love NOT OF GOD .
A love that would rather UNITE all the religons as one believing in time they do serve the same GOD .
ITS why you see things even from the vatican by the pope
having a muslim , a buddist , a jew , a christain all holding hands and saying GOD IS LOVE .
OH HE IS LOVE but THEY DONT KNOW HIM or HIS LOVE .
Your claims simply are not true! Nobody ever stated the belief that 1) all humanity and all religions do indeed serve the same GOD or 2) there is a love that would rather UNITE all the religions as one believing in time they do serve the same GOD. If you claim that they are true, show proof!

What was said is that Jews, Muslims, and Christians worship the same God. Which is the truth, even if you deny it.

If you see things even from the Vatican by the pope having a Muslim , a Buddhist , a Jew ,and a Christian all holding hands and saying GOD IS LOVE, PROVE IT! It is obvious that you can't.

And you claim that Christians DONT KNOW HIM or HIS LOVE! Really?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your claims simply are not true! Nobody ever stated the belief that 1) all humanity and all religions do indeed serve the same GOD or 2) there is a love that would rather UNITE all the religions as one believing in time they do serve the same GOD. If you claim that they are true, show proof!

What was said is that Jews, Muslims, and Christians worship the same God. Which is the truth, even if you deny it.

If you see things even from the Vatican by the pope having a Muslim , a Buddhist , a Jew ,and a Christian all holding hands and saying GOD IS LOVE, PROVE IT! It is obvious that you can't.

And you claim that Christians DONT KNOW HIM or HIS LOVE! Really?
YEAH JIM , its been me saying THE POPE and this love is false . You need to really read what i have been saying .
YOUR problem is you aint reading all that i do write .
THE POPE IS FALSE . HIS SOCIAL PROGRESSIVE JUSTICE WARRIORS GOSPEL IS FALSE TOO .
HIS LIBERAL VIEWS ARE FALSE JIM . Yet you follow them .
You have no idea where this is leading all to .
And as far as the abrahamic faith THINGEY YOU CLING TOO . ITS FALSE TOO .
AND guess who ushered that one in . TRUMP DID . YEAH , TRUMP DID .
THEY ALL IN IT TOGETHER . The liberal social progressive gospel THEY ALL FOLLOW IT to some degree .
SO , give ol TRUMP a pat on the back . HE GAVE YOU YOUR HEARTS DESIRE . THE ABRAHAMIC FAITHS .
YEAH TRUMP DID THAT . What you thought it was BIDEN or OBAMA . IT WAS TRUMP .
THEY ALL IN BED TOGETHER PARD . The sooner the church figures this out , THE SOONER ITS GONNA FLEE THE POLITICS
and get back to BIBLES AND LEARNING JESUS for themselves .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God means what He says and He says what He means.
There is Gods message to mankind.
It is not up for private interpretation.
If two people have opposite explanations for the same passage.
One is wrong the other is right or they are both wrongly dividing Gods word, 2Timothy 2:15.
They both cannot be right!

2Peter 1:20,
- knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YEAH JIM , its been me saying THE POPE and this love is false . You need to really read what i have been saying .
YOUR problem is you aint reading all that i do write .
THE POPE IS FALSE . HIS SOCIAL PROGRESSIVE JUSTICE WARRIORS GOSPEL IS FALSE TOO .
HIS LIBERAL VIEWS ARE FALSE JIM . Yet you follow them .
You have no idea where this is leading all to .
And as far as the abrahamic faith THINGEY YOU CLING TOO . ITS FALSE TOO .
AND guess who ushered that one in . TRUMP DID . YEAH , TRUMP DID .
THEY ALL IN IT TOGETHER . The liberal social progressive gospel THEY ALL FOLLOW IT to some degree .
SO , give ol TRUMP a pat on the back . HE GAVE YOU YOUR HEARTS DESIRE . THE ABRAHAMIC FAITHS .
YEAH TRUMP DID THAT . What you thought it was BIDEN or OBAMA . IT WAS TRUMP .
THEY ALL IN BED TOGETHER PARD . The sooner the church figures this out , THE SOONER ITS GONNA FLEE THE POLITICS
and get back to BIBLES AND LEARNING JESUS for themselves .
I do not follow the Pope! Why is it so difficult for you to be truthful?

And now you're claiming that Trump ushered in the Abrahamic faith? :jest: And that he follows the "SOCIAL PROGRESSIVE JUSTICE WARRIORS GOSPEL"? LOL!!! :jest: Obama, Biden, and Trump are all "in the same bed"? :jest:

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God means what He says and He says what He means.
There is Gods message to mankind.
It is not up for private interpretation.
If two people have opposite explanations for the same passage.
One is wrong the other is right or they are both wrongly dividing Gods word, 2Timothy 2:15.
They both cannot be right!

2Peter 1:20,
- knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation

For that matter many badly translated Bible versions contradict themselves, but I suppose that's for another thread.

Last edited: