Why do they hate being called Christians

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heb 13:8 said:
I would disagree. Are you placing your confidence in religion or Jesus Christ, to which He saved you to the uttermost? Read 1 John 5:9-14.

2 Cor 1:21:22 Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, 22set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.

2 Cor 5:5 Now the one who has fashioned us for this very purpose is God, who has given us the Spirit as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.

Eph 1:13-14 And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, 14who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory.

2 Tim 2:13 if we are faithless, he remains faithful, for he cannot disown himself.
WRONG.
The only "guarantees" are contingent upon OUR cooperation with His grace.

YOUR problem is that you take verses out of context to arrive ar your perverted doctrines.
You posted 2 Tim. 2:13 but left out everything that came before it.
Here it is in CONTEXT:

2 Tom. 2:11-13
Here is a trustworthy saying:

If we died with him,
we will also live with him;

12 IF we endure,
we will also reign with him.
If we disown him,
he will also disown us;
13 if we are faithless,
he remains faithful,
for he cannot disown himself.

This passage is about the fact that ?God doesn't change - even if WE do.
It's NOT about Eternal Security . . .

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
BreadOfLife said:
WRONG.
I would disagree again. Notice the word "believed" in Eph 1:13 is past tense.

1. seal
2. promised Holy Spirit
3. guaranteeing

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Rom 10:9-10 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.

Eph 1:13-14 And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, 14who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

1. seal
2. promised Holy Spirit
3. guaranteeing

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Rom 10:9-10 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.

And what does the Book of Revelation have to say about people like you who think they have a lifelong guarantee of Heaven - no matter WHAT they do??

Rev. 3:5
He who overcomes will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out his name from the book of life, but will acknowledge his name before my Father and his angels.
God cannot blot out a name that was never there in the first place. He is talking about CHRISTIANS who are already saved and how they can LOSE their salvation.

Rev. 22:19
And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.
How can God take away somebody’s share of heaven if they never had it to begin with? This is about CHRISTIANS who may or may NOT make it into Heaven.

Nov 2, 2016
USA
BreadOfLife said:
And what does the Book of Revelation have to say about people like you who think they have a lifelong guarantee of Heaven - no matter WHAT they do??

Rev. 3:5
He who overcomes will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out his name from the book of life, but will acknowledge his name before my Father and his angels.
God cannot blot out a name that was never there in the first place. He is talking about CHRISTIANS who are already saved and how they can LOSE their salvation.

Rev. 22:19
And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.
How can God take away somebody’s share of heaven if they never had it to begin with? This is about CHRISTIANS who may or may NOT make it into Heaven.
Jesus tells me His agape love never leaves me Rom 8:35. Religion will not save you.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Luk_18:8 I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

Apparently not, just religion.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus tells me His agape love never leaves me Rom 8:35. Religion will not save you.
Neither will twisting the Scriptures . . .

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
omg i actually have to agree with him, too, but i would like to make it plain that i only agree with this one tiny part here

while still recognizing the rest to be completely whacked, because no love, and i will still be immediately going to take a shower lol.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country

1. seal
2. promised Holy Spirit
3. guaranteeing

you might pick out the diff in belief and faith here, i notice that some of those "believes" are actually "faith."

Nov 2, 2016
USA
bbyrd009 said:
you might pick out the diff in belief and faith here, i notice that some of those "believes" are actually "faith."
Believing in the risen Lord is having faith. 1 Cor 15:14, 17, Heb 11:1.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Believing in the risen Lord is having faith. 1 Cor 15:14, 17, Heb 11:1.
yes, and believing in a Snake on a Pole to Save You is not demonstrating faith, as Scripture makes plain. So you should/must differentiate the two if you want to try to make statements from Scripture seem like "facts." Iow if you believe in a risen Lord, that is great and all, but you must forgive if you want to be forgiven, and you must confess your sins one to another and pray--which that thing we are taught, holding your hands together, and closing your eyes, and saying things, is but the poorest reflection of--for one another, if you want to be "healed." Etc.

Iow half of the story, at least, seems stripped away there, and a seeker might easily be fooled into thinking...heck, all kinds of things, Rapture, you name it, once this has occurred and is accepted. But of course my point might be much better accepted here come Sept 25th i guess.

Nov 2, 2016
USA
bbyrd009 said:
yes, and believing in a Snake on a Pole to Save You is not demonstrating faith, as Scripture makes plain.
right, but i'm not believing in a snake on a pole. i'm believing on the finished work of the cross.

bbyrd009 said:
yes, and believing in a Snake on a Pole to Save You is not demonstrating faith
How do you demonstrate faith on the internet? Faith is unseen until you believe.

bbyrd009 said:
if you believe in a risen Lord, that is great and all, but you must forgive if you want to be forgiven, and you must confess your sins one to another and pray--which that thing we are taught, holding your hands together, and closing your eyes, and saying things, is but the poorest reflection of--for one another, if you want to be "healed." Etc.
I must do this, I must do that. No bbyrd. Your works will not save you, only the finished work of the cross will.

bbyrd009 said:
heck, all kinds of things, Rapture, you name it, once this has occurred and is accepted. But of course my point might be much better accepted here come Sept 25th i guess.
Your lack of faith won't stop the church from being born in September.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
right, but i'm not believing in a snake on a pole. i'm believing on the finished work of the cross.
ok i guess it seems like i am just badgering you, but we read of many who will cry LordLord: could you describe why you are in, and they are out? ty

How do you demonstrate faith on the internet? Faith is unseen until you believe.
James 2 MSG

14 Dear friends, do you think you'll get anywhere in this if you learn all the right words but never do anything? Does merely talking about faith indicate that a person really has it?

15 For instance, you come upon an old friend dressed in rags and half-starved

16 and say, "Good morning, friend! Be clothed in Christ! Be filled with the Holy Spirit!" and walk off without providing so much as a coat or a cup of soup - where does that get you?

17 Isn't it obvious that God-talk without God-acts is outrageous nonsense?

18 I can already hear one of you agreeing by saying, "Sounds good. You take care of the faith department, I'll handle the works department." Not so fast. You can no more show me your works apart from your faith than I can show you my faith apart from my works. Faith and works, works and faith, fit together hand in glove.

19 Do I hear you professing to believe in the one and only God, but then observe you complacently sitting back as if you had done something wonderful? That's just great. Demons do that, but what good does it do them?

20 Use your heads! Do you suppose for a minute that you can cut faith and works in two and not end up with a corpse on your hands?

21 Wasn't our ancestor Abraham "made right with God by works" when he placed his son Isaac on the sacrificial altar?

22 Isn't it obvious that faith and works are yoked partners, that faith expresses itself in works? That the works are "works of faith"?

23 The full meaning of "believe" in the Scripture sentence, "Abraham believed God and was set right with God," includes his action. It's that mesh of believing and acting that got Abraham named "God's friend."

24 Is it not evident that a person is made right with God not by a barren faith but by faith fruitful in works?

25 The same with Rahab, the Jericho harlot. Wasn't her action in hiding God's spies and helping them escape - that seamless unity of believing and doing - what counted with God?

26 The very moment you separate body and spirit, you end up with a corpse. Separate faith and works and you get the same thing: a corpse.
I must do this, I must do that. No bbyrd. Your works will not save you, only the finished work of the cross will.
Well then, how do you assimilate 6He will repay each one according to his works et al into your model?
If it was stipulated that even if i was your pastor, merely making a suggestion here, and not holding you to any of my personal standards in order to be considered accepted in the congregation Kingdom, would this change your reply?

Your lack of faith won't stop the church from being born in September.
my lack of faith? My lack of "faith" in what? Your divinations? So now i am an infidel, because i do not agree with your prognostications? C'mon bro.
fwiw i agree that God writes in the heavens, and apparently something eventful will happen Sep 23 ok; but imo the accepted model there is to interpret something that has already occurred by these signs, and what you are doing, and what all of these other magicians are doing, goes against Scripture imo. Beside the more obvious ones, aren't you basically telling me to "look over there," for Christ to appear? Wasn't the Church born 2000 years ago? ty

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
The works Jesus said he judges I believe to be the same thing as the fruits from the good tree bad tree in Matthew 7:16-17.

Rather someone calls themselves a Christian or not is superficial. It is a title, what's important is that they believe.

Nov 2, 2016
USA
bbyrd009 said:
could you describe why you are in, and they are out? ty
because of belief

bbyrd009 said:
Well then, how do you assimilate 6He will repay each one according to his works et al into your model?
If it was stipulated that even if i was your pastor, merely making a suggestion here, and not holding you to any of my personal standards in order to be considered accepted in the congregation Kingdom, would this change your reply?
believers receive crowns and rewards in heaven.

bbyrd009 said:
my lack of faith? My lack of "faith" in what?
in the finished work of the cross

bbyrd009 said:
Wasn't the Church born 2000 years ago? ty
no, the church was conceived 2000 years ago, and the baby is being born in September.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
bbyrd009 said:
omg i actually have to agree with him, too, but i would like to make it plain that i only agree with this one tiny part here

while still recognizing the rest to be completely whacked, because no love, and i will still be immediately going to take a shower lol.
The truth always sounds "whacked" to the ignorant.

Oh, I almost forgot - ummmm . . . "LOL".