Why do they hate being called Christians

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
BreadOfLife said:
The truth always sounds "whacked" to the ignorant.

Oh, I almost forgot - ummmm . . . "LOL".
the religious are the one's that are gonna be left behind. LOL

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
"A fresh crop of pessimists springs up each decade, unabashed in its certainty that it stands balanced upon the fulcrum of history."
~ Matt Ridley

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Heb 13:8 said:
because of belief

believers receive crowns and rewards in heaven.

in the finished work of the cross
ok, let's review this again;

James 2 MSG

14 Dear friends, do you think you'll get anywhere in this if you learn all the right words but never do anything? Does merely talking about faith indicate that a person really has it?

15 For instance, you come upon an old friend dressed in rags and half-starved

16 and say, "Good morning, friend! Be clothed in Christ! Be filled with the Holy Spirit!" and walk off without providing so much as a coat or a cup of soup - where does that get you?

17 Isn't it obvious that God-talk without God-acts is outrageous nonsense?

18 I can already hear one of you agreeing by saying, "Sounds good. You take care of the faith department, I'll handle the works department." Not so fast. You can no more show me your works apart from your faith than I can show you my faith apart from my works. Faith and works, works and faith, fit together hand in glove.

19 Do I hear you professing to believe in the one and only God, but then observe you complacently sitting back as if you had done something wonderful? That's just great. Demons do that, but what good does it do them?

20 Use your heads! Do you suppose for a minute that you can cut faith and works in two and not end up with a corpse on your hands?

21 Wasn't our ancestor Abraham "made right with God by works" when he placed his son Isaac on the sacrificial altar?

22 Isn't it obvious that faith and works are yoked partners, that faith expresses itself in works? That the works are "works of faith"?

23 The full meaning of "believe" in the Scripture sentence, "Abraham believed God and was set right with God," includes his action. It's that mesh of believing and acting that got Abraham named "God's friend."

24 Is it not evident that a person is made right with God not by a barren faith but by faith fruitful in works?

25 The same with Rahab, the Jericho harlot. Wasn't her action in hiding God's spies and helping them escape - that seamless unity of believing and doing - what counted with God?

26 The very moment you separate body and spirit, you end up with a corpse. Separate faith and works and you get the same thing: a corpse.
or you can just keep avoiding the obvious, if you want, be like BoL, make irrelevant comments that preserve your ego. It doesn't matter to me, ok?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the religious are the one's that are gonna be left behind. LOL
Yup - "left behind" like Noah . . .

Nov 2, 2016
USA
BreadOfLife said:
Yup - "left behind" like Noah . . .
Nope, left behind like those knocking on the door of the ark. They all drowned. Noah and his family were saved.

Gen 6:9 This is the account of Noah and his family. Noah was a righteous man, blameless among the people of his time, and he walked faithfully with God.

Matt 24:38-39 For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; 39and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.

Heb 11:7 By faith Noah, when warned about things not yet seen, in holy fear built an ark to save his family. By his faith he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness that is in keeping with faith.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope, left behind like those knocking on the door of the ark. They all drowned. Noah and his family were saved.

Gen 6:9 This is the account of Noah and his family. Noah was a righteous man, blameless among the people of his time, and he walked faithfully with God.

Matt 24:38-39 For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; 39and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.

Heb 11:7 By faith Noah, when warned about things not yet seen, in holy fear built an ark to save his family. By his faith he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness that is in keeping with faith.
Wrong.

The world was destroyed and all the people in it - except for Noah and his family.
They were left behind.

Nov 2, 2016
USA
BreadOfLife said:
Wrong.

The world was destroyed and all the people in it - except for Noah and his family.
They were left behind.
Right, the world that was filled with nonbelievers. God destroyed the world because there was so much sin. Noah was a believer, that's why He built the ark while the world laughed at him. Noah was saved, the world wasn't. Dude, you should of learned this in first grade when you were coloring in your Noah the ark coloring book. :rolleyes:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The world was destroyed and all the people in it
Actually that is not correct, it was wiped clean, teh people "OF" this word where destroyed. The world is still here we are on it and in it. soon to be cleansed again.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Make a point bbyrd.
oh sorry, i thought it was obvious; Christians are encouraged to worship Nehushtan, to trust that Jesus will save them, that belief is all that is required, when James makes clear that this is not the Gospel.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
mjrhealth said:
Actually that is not correct, it was wiped clean, teh people "OF" this word where destroyed.
not meaning to be pedantic, but my understanding is that Kosmou is not Erets. We are on Erets. Earth.

...soon to be cleansed again.
wadr this reads as if you believed that there was some future date--soon--wherein some event might occur that cleanses the world? Do you have a date for me, or could you clarify this more? ty

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right, the world that was filled with nonbelievers. God destroyed the world because there was so much sin. Noah was a believer, that's why He built the ark while the world laughed at him. Noah was saved, the world wasn't. Dude, you should of learned this in first grade when you were coloring in your Noah the ark coloring book.
And YOU should know by using simple common sense that Noah and his family were "Left Behind" . . ..

Nov 2, 2016
USA
bbyrd009 said:
oh sorry, i thought it was obvious; Christians are encouraged to worship Nehushtan, to trust that Jesus will save them, that belief is all that is required, when James makes clear that this is not the Gospel.
Well, that is the Gospel. We believe and trust in the finished work of the cross. What is the "light of the gospel", what's that mean?

2 Cor 4:4 The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

BreadOfLife said:
And YOU should know by using simple common sense that Noah and his family were "Left Behind" . . ..
No they weren't. God saved Noah's family from the flood, and everyone else drowned. Why do you think they built the ark? lol.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Well, that is the Gospel. We believe and trust in the finished work of the cross.
What finished work of the cross?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No they weren't. God saved Noah's family from the flood, and everyone else drowned. Why do you think they built the ark? lol.
Wrong.

Noah and his family were Left Behind.
Everybody else was taken away.

You can't be this dense . . .

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Well, that is the Gospel. We believe and trust in the finished work of the cross. What is the "light of the gospel", what's that mean?
ah, whatever one wants it to mean, i guess. Imo it has to do with how easy salvation is if one is able to sublimate their love of self, ego, and be willing to confess their sins openly rather than in secret,
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive ...
14 For if you forgive other people when they sin against you ...
rather than imagine that they can take some other path, shortcut, and still be accepted, imagining that because we have passages that assure us if one has faith in Christ they will be saved, then professing belief in Jesus is all one needs do.
The criers of "Lord Lord," iow. Not sure what that has to do with James?

Who is this "we?"

So, do you think James was just wrong, or what?

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Mungo said:
What finished work of the cross?
The one that Jesus died for.

BreadOfLife said:
Wrong.

Noah and his family were Left Behind.
Everybody else was taken away.

You can't be this dense . . .
Taken away as in "they all drowned"? :rolleyes:

bbyrd009 said:
So, do you think James was just wrong, or what?
What are all the religious who are not in Christ gonna say on Judgment Day?