Why do they hate being called Christians

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
bbyrd009 said:
that's not an answer Heb, not that i expected one.
I know it wasn't, it's probably gonna take the rapture event to wake the world up, sadly enough.

Nov 2, 2016
USA
the grace period is filled with bubble gum and boy bands. nonbelievers are unaware of what is coming. it will catch them like a thief.

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Mungo said:
Jesus died for a cross?

You make no sense.
No, Jesus died on the cross for Mungo's sins. But the majority reject His gift because of religion.

bbyrd009 said:
nice. Even if the rest was hideous. :)
Not really, Noah and his family were not left behind. They were saved from the flood.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Heb 13:8 said:
No, Jesus died on the cross for Mungo's sins.
Ah, so when you said
"Well, that is the Gospel. We believe and trust in the finished work of the cross".
You didn't mean the finished work of the cross.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Taken away as in "they all drowned"?
What did Job say after his children had been killed?
Job 1:21
And said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the Lord gave, and the Lord hath TAKEN AWAY; blessed be the name of the Lord.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Not really, Noah and his family were not left behind. They were saved from the flood.
i think you are having a semantics discussion there basically, and it was plain what you meant anyway. However, "taken and left" terminology is employed elsewhere in Scripture, and if it is not understood that after the flood, Noah was "left behind," then the symbology in the other references will also be misconstrued i guess.

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Mungo said:
Ah, so when you said
"Well, that is the Gospel. We believe and trust in the finished work of the cross".
You didn't mean the finished work of the cross.
I did Mungo. It's what He did on the cross that keeps you saved, not your works. It is finished.

BreadOfLife said:
What did Job say after his children had been killed?
Job 1:21
And said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the Lord gave, and the Lord hath TAKEN AWAY; blessed be the name of the Lord.
Where does it say God took away His salvation? Oh, and Job existed before resurrection, before the seal of God in Eph 1:13-14, Eph 4:30.

Job 1:21 and said: "Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart. The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away; may the name of the LORD be praised."

Eccl 9:5 For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing; they have no further reward, and even their name is forgotten.

bbyrd009 said:
i think you are having a semantics discussion there basically, and it was plain what you meant anyway. However, "taken and left" terminology is employed elsewhere in Scripture, and if it is not understood that after the flood, Noah was "left behind," then the symbology in the other references will also be misconstrued i guess.
No, Noah and his family were saved. They did not drown. "Left behind" means you missed the rapture and enter into God's wrath. God protected Noah by telling him to build an ark. It's the same for end times. God tells us we must be born again to enter the body of Christ. The body of Christ being the ark in the end times, but time is running out and very quickly the door will be shut.

Rev 12:17 Then the dragon was enraged at the woman and went off to wage war against the rest (loipos) of her offspring--those who keep God's commands and hold fast their testimony about Jesus.

loipos: the rest, the remaining
Original Word: λοιπός, ή, όν
Part of Speech: Adjective
Transliteration: loipos
Phonetic Spelling: (loy-poy')
Short Definition: left, left behind, the remainder
Definition: left, left behind, the remainder, the rest, the others.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where does it say God took away His salvation? Oh, and Job existed before resurrection, before the seal of God in Eph 1:13-14, Eph 4:30.

Job 1:21 and said: "Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart. The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away; may the name of the LORD be praised."

Eccl 9:5 For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing; they have no further reward, and even their name is forgotten.others.
What are you talking about?? WHO said that Job's salvation was taken away??

I was showing you that the Bible speaks of people dying as being "taken away" - just like those who died in the Flood when Noah and his family were "Left Behind".
Stay with the conversation - or get out of the way . . .

Nov 2, 2016
USA
BreadOfLife said:
I was showing you that the Bible speaks of people dying as being "taken away" - just like those who died in the Flood when Noah and his family were "Left Behind".
No, Noah and his family were saved. They did not drown. "Left behind" means you missed the rapture and enter into God's wrath. God protected Noah by telling him to build an ark. It's the same for end times. God tells us we must be born again to enter the body of Christ. The body of Christ being the ark in the end times, but time is running out and very quickly the door will be shut.

Rev 12:17 Then the dragon was enraged at the woman and went off to wage war against the rest (loipos) of her offspring--those who keep God's commands and hold fast their testimony about Jesus.

Nov 2, 2016
USA
1 Thess 5:4-7 But you, brothers and sisters, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief. 5You are all children of the light and children of the day. We do not belong to the night or to the darkness. 6So then, let us not be like others (loipos), who are asleep, but let us be awake and sober. 7For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who get drunk, get drunk at night.

Rev 20:5-6 (The rest (loipos) of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.) This is the first resurrection. 6Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I did Mungo. It's what He did on the cross that keeps you saved, not your works. It is finished.
You don't even understand English.

You said the finished work of the cross.

The cross didn't do anything. It just stood there. I don't owe my salvation to a piece of wood..

I could guess what you mean but I might be wrong. You might actually believe I owe my salvation to a piece of wood.

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Mungo said:
You don't even understand English.

You said the finished work of the cross.

The cross didn't do anything. It just stood there. I don't owe my salvation to a piece of wood..

I could guess what you mean but I might be wrong. You might actually believe I owe my salvation to a piece of wood.
lol

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
BreadOfLife said:
BreadofDeath, you might go get tested for spirochetes. Or possibly antibiotic abuse even, i guess they are just now realizing the damage they cause.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Identity means nothing

Last edited:
Reactions: bbyrd009

Questor

Messianic Gentile
Jun 11, 2012
SoCal Mountains
Faith
Country
United States
Josho,

Here in Brisbane, if you stood in the Queen Street Mall in the CBD and identified yourself as one of the 'Holy Ghost warriors', most people would label you as belonging in the mental health facility. 'Temples of the Holy Spirit' and 'the Body of Christ' are just as nebulous for secular people.

I think Christian or follower of Christ would be acceptable, but then one has to decide which 'Christ' as He has been so misrepresented that who He is has become a mystery here in the land Down Under.

Oz

I prefer Believer, which leaves it open to ask me what I believe and why.

I am more Messianic than some Christians, but less so than Messianic Jews, and no one knows exactly what was being taught in the first century, so we have to go with Sola Scritpura, and wing it...including with what we call ourself.

I worry about the time when Ecumenicalism and Chrislam will be considered 'Christian', and when people will want me to say 'Allahu Akbar', when I can only say Alahu LO akbar, and YHVH akbar...which then makes me a Yahwist!

But the details only matter to denominations, and I don't belong to any.

Reactions: bbyrd009

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BreadofDeath, you might go get tested for spirochetes. Or possibly antibiotic abuse even, i guess they are just now realizing the damage they cause.
Stay on topic . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Noah and his family were NOT taken away - they were Left Behind to repopulate the earth.
No matter how much you try to put a spin on this - these are the Biblical facts . . .