Why do we call the Father, the Creator ..when the Son should have that title also?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Nancy, you said something that is very intresting concering the NASB translation.
In the first verse you quoted, I see first of all, that Jesus IS God and without Jesus, nothing at all was made. So, as God is "one", and Jesus is credited right in this verse as creating all that is. So, it is not only "God" (even though Christ IS God) that is credited for creation but also Christ, who comes from God.
JMHO
That was a GOOD assessment of the verse. but what many are forgetting is John 1:1c, "and the Word was God", not two Gods, but the same one God, as you said, who is ONE PERSON, (the CREATOR). now to confirm this, Isaiah 44:24 "Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;" here, it is the Father, who is LORD, all caps, who "MADE ALL THINGS".
I is a single Person designation, who was "Alone", and "By Himself". and this one person, "I", is the LORD, who is Father. keep that in Mind. because you're onto something.

in the NASB 1995, it says this. Isaiah 44:24 "Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer, and the one who formed you from the womb, "I, the LORD, am the maker of all things, Stretching out the heavens by Myself And spreading out the earth all alone", here the (NASB), makes it very clear as the KJV, that the LORD was "ALL ALONE", (meaning no one else present), which raise some intresting question. because in the NASB 1995, it states this in John 1:3 "All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being".
well that means, "APART", he didn't go through anyone else, because in Isaiah 44:24, he was "ALL ALONE". which now puts the person(s) in prospective. for if the person in Isaiah 44:24 was "Alone", and "By Himself", then the Person in John 1:3 is the same one person who was alone, and by HIMSELF....... but, we have a problem. the person in John 1:3, Jesus the Son said, "HE", God the Father made all things, per Matthews 19:4. well now do we have a contridiction? I say NO. because the person in John 1:3 is the same one person in Isaial 44:24 who was alone. well this is the ECHAD, or the plurality problem that many have, that needs to be answered.

look over this post and see what I'm saying. for the I seen this in the NASB a long time ago.

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why? Because then we have a reason for human bones before Adam.
Because you're tampering with truth. No astute research is done by such frivolous means, of which you just exhibited.
If you're sincerely trying to find an answer, then stick to serious and disciplined hermeneutics. My explanation was extremely viable, yet you have to cut off half the verse in the chapter in order to make your theory work. Why do you insist on being so reckless with your investigation, and God's Word?

Gregory

Jan 8, 2021
utah
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ARE you saying that there is TWO Gods..... (smile). boy you just ERROR, ERROR, ERROR, just as he could swear by no GREATER, lol, lol, lol. now as for FELLOWS, are you not in, Christ, the one Body? are you not walking with Christ EVERY DAY IN HIS SPIRIT?... I hope so. NOW HEAR THIS G money... the ANOTING, not a God anointing a God, are you kidding, no he's anointing his ownself in FLESH, scripture, Colossians 2:9 "For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily." HOW MUCH IS IN HIM G money? all well, did he not leave his JOY, (G20 ἀγαλλίασις agalliasis/GLADNESS), with all of us? which clearly shows his DIVERSITY, for is he not THE HOLY GHOST?... (smile), are you really reading the bible?now aint you "GLADE" that Jesus left his Spirit the Holy Ghost with us? Lets see it clearly and the "GLADNESS". was this not foretold? Joel 2:28 "And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:" and was this not foretold the ANOTING of the Holy Ghost, and this was fulfilled on the Day of Pentecost? I wll Highlight the Gladness in red bold. since it needs to be READ.

Straight to the point, Acts 10:38 "How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him."

well, when was this, when he was on EARTH, in Flesh, and this anointed is for HIS "FELLOWS, well when did this happen? lets READ.

Acts 2:16 "But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;"
Acts 2:17 "And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:"
Acts 2:18 "And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:"
Acts 2:19 "And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:"
Acts 2:20 "The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:"
Acts 2:21 "And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved."
Acts 2:22 "Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:"
Acts 2:23 "Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:"
Acts 2:24 "Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it."
Acts 2:25 "For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved:"
Acts 2:26 "Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:"
Acts 2:27 "Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption."
Acts 2:28 "Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance."
Acts 2:29 "Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day."
Acts 2:30 "Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;"
Acts 2:31 "He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption."
Acts 2:32 "This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses."
Acts 2:33 "Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear."

Well, G money is this for .... "ALL" ... his Fellows? yes, lets see,

Acts 2:39 "For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call."
Acts 2:40 "And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation."
Acts 2:41 "Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls."

BINGO, this is so clear that God in flesh and bone is "Glorified" or Anointed in the Ordinal Last, with the Holy Spirit, who is in his "FELLOWS" today.

AINT GOD, yes, GOD is GOOD. had to say it as in the "ANOTHER", ..... :D YIKES!, GOD is GOOD IN REVEALING TRUTH. this is so easy, when you have the Holy Ghost, yes, us his "FELLOW", have the Spirit of Gladness

101G
The "Spiritual Saboteur"

PS, Isaiah 61:1 "The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;"
Isaiah 61:2 "To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;"
Isaiah 61:3 "To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified."

boy oh boy some just don't READ, and UNDERSTAND being guided by the Holy Ghost.

Boy, did you thrash about the scriptures and work hard to answer the question of God the Father ANOINTING his Son, God the Son with the oil of gladness above his FELLOWS. (Psalms 45:6-7)

This scripture I believe takes place in heaven before Jesus came to earth. He was God the Son with his Father, God the Father from the beginning. (John 1:1) Jesus was also known as the Word.

Let me go through this Psalms 45:67 with you and I will put in italic to keep the Gods straight.
Psalm 45:6-8 King James Version (KJV)
6 Thy throne, O God(God the Son/Jesus), is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre.
7 Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God(God the Son/Jesus),
thy God(God the Father), hath anointed thee (God the Son/Jesus) with the oil of gladness above thy fellows. (Who are Jesus's fellows before the earth?????)

This anointing is very much like Psalms 110:1 where "The LORD" (God the Father), is asking
"the Lord"
(God the Son/Jesus) to sit beside him in the heavens until....
Psalm 110:1 King James Version (KJV)
110 The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

2 Gods, 2 Lords, God the Father and God the Son separate and distinct entities.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This scripture I believe takes place in heaven before Jesus came to earth. He was God the Son with his Father, God the Father from the beginning. (John 1:1) Jesus was also known as the Word.
your first ERROR of the DAY, #1. Jesus don't have a Father .... biologically. the title "Father" is his because he's diversified in flesh. and this Title, simply indicate our Lord place as Ordinal "First". and #2. John 1:1c clearly states that Jesus is God himself. the TERM" WITH" I HAVE EXPLAIN a many of thimes, Indicating the SAME Person.
Let me go through this Psalms 45:67 with you and I will put in italic to keep the Gods straight.
Psalm 45:6-8 King James Version (KJV)
6 Thy throne, O God(God the Son/Jesus), is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre.
7 Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God(God the Son/Jesus),
thy God(God the Father), hath anointed thee (God the Son/Jesus) with the oil of gladness above thy fellows. (Who are Jesus's fellows before the earth?????)

This anointing is very much like Psalms 110:1 where "The LORD" (God the Father), is asking
"the Lord"
(God the Son/Jesus) to sit beside him in the heavens until....
Psalm 110:1 King James Version (KJV)
110 The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

2 Gods, 2 Lords, God the Father and God the Son separate and distinct entities.
ONE GOD, ONE PERSON, "Diversified"... :D YIKES!. I suggest you read some of my previous posts.

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
your first ERROR of the DAY, #1. Jesus don't have a Father .... biologically. the title "Father" is his because he's diversified in flesh. and this Title, simply indicate our Lord place as Ordinal "First". and #2. John 1:1c clearly states that Jesus is God himself. the TERM" WITH" I HAVE EXPLAIN a many of thimes, Indicating the SAME Person.

ONE GOD, ONE PERSON, "Diversified"...
And you reject Jesus the Son of God.
1 John 4:15 (NKJV)
15 Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God.

And you reject God the Father.
1 Corinthians 8:6 (NKJV)
6 yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live.

Your doctrine is antiChrist.
1 John 2:22 (NKJV)
22 He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son.

Gregory

Jan 8, 2021
utah
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you reject Jesus the Son of God.
1 John 4:15 (NKJV)
15 Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God.

And you reject God the Father.
1 Corinthians 8:6 (NKJV)
6 yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live.

Your doctrine is antiChrist.
1 John 2:22 (NKJV)
22 He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son.

Very good post. 1 Corinthians 8:6 says it perfectly. One God the Father, of whom are all things..., and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things....

Both God and the Lord Jesus were together in the beginning. God the Father of Jesus, did make all things, but God made all things through Jesus. That is why it is a little confusing for 101G, because he sees them as the same person, and they are not. So he will argue with you about who the creator is. It is similar to a developer and general contractor. God the Father is the developer, and his Son Jesus is the general contractor who made it all happen. Ultimately, they are both creators, but Jesus was given power and authority for the day to day operations of the creation.

Again, good post. Thank you.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very good post. 1 Corinthians 8:6 says it perfectly. One God the Father, of whom are all things..., and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things....

Both God and the Lord Jesus were together in the beginning. God the Father of Jesus, did make all things, but God made all things through Jesus. That is why it is a little confusing for 101G, because he sees them as the same person, and they are not. So he will argue with you about who the creator is. It is similar to a developer and general contractor. God the Father is the developer, and his Son Jesus is the general contractor who made it all happen. Ultimately, they are both creators, but Jesus was given power and authority for the day to day operations of the creation.

Again, good post. Thank you.
It's not really "a little confusing" to 101G. He rejects Jesus the Son of God, our Savior.