Why do you feel it is so hard to be good?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God looks at you and sees no outstanding debt of law on your account. The debt is fulfilled, paid in full—circumcision, Sabbath requirements, Festival requirements, etc.

The only debt of law that remains outstanding for the believer in God is the continuing debt to love others (Romans 13:8). Obviously, you can never keep that law one time for all time like Christ kept the laws of Sacrifice for sin one time for all time. The command to love others is a continuing obligation of law. The debt of law to lover others is fulfilled by us when we walk by the Spirit in our faith in God. Faith fulfills all the righteous requirements of the law of Moses. And so it is in that way that faith upholds all the law of Moses.

If you entangle yourself into Judaism, you are going to have to find some scriptures on how to be in two covenants and not violate one or the other.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you entangle yourself into Judaism, you are going to have to find some scriptures on how to be in two covenants and not violate one or the other.
I agree. That's why you should not view the law from the standpoint of a covenant between you and God like the Judaizers did/do. Use the law properly for the purpose it serves in this New Covenant...

"...the law is good if one uses it properly." 1 Timothy 1:8

"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for instruction, for conviction, for correction, and for training in righteousness" 2 Timothy 3:16
Obviously, using the law to earn justification/salvation is an improper use of the law. That is what is forbidden.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You memorize the 613 Mosaic Laws, you write them down, you post them, if it is your intent to obey them...you have brought them into your religion and have abandoned Christ.
I would be abandoning Christ if I relied on the law for justification, instead of relying on forgiveness in Christ for justification.
I am not relying on the law to be made righteous, so I'm not abandoning Christ.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...you do not have a choice, you have to obey them all or you are in violation of them all.
You only have to literally obey all of them if you are seeking to be made righteous by the law.
There are many laws that are already forever fulfilled for me that I can't violate except by no longer believing in Christ.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree. That's why you should not view the law from the standpoint of a covenant between you and God like the Judaizers did/do. Use the law properly for the purpose it serves in this New Covenant...

"...the law is good if one uses it properly." 1 Timothy 1:8

"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for instruction, for conviction, for correction, and for training in righteousness" 2 Timothy 3:16
Obviously, using the law to earn justification/salvation is an improper use of the law. That is what is forbidden.

But that is not the real problem. You and I have been discussing this for a while now. There has to be a desire....a want. You need to be honest with yourself....because Christ knows. There is nothing good that is lacking from the teachings of Christ and the Apostles that you would need to look at the Mosaic Law for. So it has to be something dark that you are attracted to.

So that is between you and Christ....so I am pretty much done with it.
Either way, I like you just done with the whole Mosaic Law topic.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You will never find a scripture that says it is ok to divide up the Law.
Yes, there is:

Laws concerning sacrifices that we don't have to literally keep anymore (because those requirements are already fulfilled for us):
"...by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy." Hebrews 10:14

Laws concerning how we treat one another that we still have to literally keep, because the obligation to do so never ceases:
"Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for whoever loves others has fulfilled the law." Romans 13:8
That's a division of the law: Laws you no longer have to literally keep/ laws you do have to literally keep.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Faith is not just Believing—— Faith is ACTING on those Beliefs.
Which is exactly why the person who doesn't act is condemned. The absence of works is nothing more than unbelief. And no unbeliever has eternal life in him. If he was saved he'd have works of faith to show for it. The person who confesses Christ but does not work is not saved. The absence of works shows that he has no faith. He's an unbeliever. He is not saved. That's why the purposely sinning person living in sin is damned. He's not a believer.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A good approach to being a better person is to apply what you've learned in the bible. So we should be attending church and serving in projects with church members. I currently am out of the loop as I'm still looking for the right church. But fasting from food for a day is a good way to build self control. Prayer and fasting is also good for receiving miracles from God.

Gospel Believer

Aug 2, 2019
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which is exactly why the person who doesn't act is condemned. The absence of works is nothing more than unbelief. And no unbeliever has eternal life in him. If he was saved he'd have works of faith to show for it. The person who confesses Christ but does not work is not saved. The absence of works shows that he has no faith. He's an unbeliever. He is not saved. That's why the purposely sinning person living in sin is damned. He's not a believer.

You dont understand what I am talking about, and then you manage to Twist things anyway.....let me try to explain.....” ACTING” on a Promise Of God has NOTHING to do with doing anything “ Good”.....

God made a Promise to the enslaved Israelites in Egypt that if they would take the ACTION of slaughtering a lamb and put its blood on the lentils of their Doors——- HE would carry out a Promise and see to it that the Angel of Death would “ pass-over” their homes......there is nothing inherently/“ good” about smearing Blood on a Door.....It’s simply that God made a Promise with them and that if they would show
their TRUST in Him by doing what He said to do.....He would fulfill HIS end of the deal

Any Jews that did NOT smear that Blood would die...They would not die because the other Jews did a “good deed” and they didn’t......( God did NOT say “feed the poor” and the Death Angel will Passover you!) Nothing Of the sort.......It was simply a Condition That God laid out and you were given a chance to show God you had Faith.....That Faith would be rewarded with life and lack of Faith would invite Death.....

A Promise Of God CAN involve good stuff—— it just doesn’t HAVE to.....it's usually irrelevant....