Why do you feel it is so hard to be good?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ya LOL Mr. idiot is calling Ferris a fool LOL The only reason they let you stay around here is to laugh at you.

People are free to laugh all they want...just as long as Newbies are made aware of False , Perverted “Gospels” like yours that have people “ fall from Grace” at best or “ wind up in Hell” at worst....

Btw, Ferris is not a Fool —- we just disagree on some stuff, and I was just kidding him and he is smart Enough to know that....You, on the other hand , can’t even correctly spell “Thread” and have the nerve to call somebody else “Mr.idiot” and you are too dumb to capitalize the “ I” .....

Your Damnable “ Doctrine” Of “ Turning over a New Leaf before you die” as the way of being saved is straight from Hell.....you could be headed there, Mr. “Morality” .....and to quote the man who speaks as if Stupidity were a Virtue—- “ It could not happen to a better guy”

I try to pray for you, but a little voice tells me “ No” ......that’s a First for me .....and bad news for you...

“ Get off of my Tread” .....lol......you so crazy!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People are free to laugh all they want...just as long as Newbies are made aware of False , Perverted “Gospels” like yours that have people “ fall from Grace” at best or “ wind up in Hell” at worst....

Btw, Ferris is not a Fool —- we just disagree on some stuff, and I was just kidding him and he is smart Enough to know that....You, on the other hand , can’t even correctly spell “Thread” and have the nerve to call somebody else “Mr.idiot” and you are too dumb to capitalize the “ I” .....

Your Damnable “ Doctrine” Of “ Turning over a New Leaf before you die” as the way of being saved is straight from Hell.....you could be headed there, Mr. “Morality” .....and to quote the man who speaks as if Stupidity were a Virtue—- “ It could not happen to a better guy”

I try to pray for you, but a little voice tells me “ No” ......that’s a First for me .....and bad news for you...

“ Get off of my Tread” .....lol......you so crazy!
You mention newbies because Satan knows I am protective of them. That it infuriates me! It does.
But I have had my say....if the mods let you stay than it is their fault.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"...I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received, and in which you stand firm. By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain." 1 Corinthians 15:1-2
'You are saved if you DON'T hold firmly to the word'?
Show me how 1 Corinthians 15:1-2 proves your point.

You really get a kick out of mocking the Gospel , Don't you ? You always seem to look down your nose and really resent the fact that it is my Foundational Verse—- As it was Paul’s !

Your “ gospel” is “ Lucky Repentance” and this makes sense because the TRUE GOSPEL of GRACE is something you reject flat- out.....you simply don’t really Believe the first half of it....you know, that little part that says” Jesus died for your Sins” .....if you REALLY BELIEVED that, you would REST in that ( as COMMANDED to in Hebrews) and everything else in your “ Crippled” Walk Of Faith ( assuming you are actually a participant in that “ walk”) would take care of itself....the Love and Gratitude brought about by having that horrible Sin Burden That is strapped to you back , lifted off forever would be the new Impetus for Living for God....You and your buddy, Quail simply do not Believe the Gospel that you poor- mouth....

Rest assured, I can handle your ignorant challenge ( again) and maybe I will later...May God Forgive me, but I am a lazy man at times and your “ challenges” in regard to Scripture Bore me....call it a cop- out....it is not.....I simply don’t care....I’ll deal with it later maybe....meanwhile, try not to get your panties in a knot....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You mention newbies because Satan knows I am protective of them. That it infuriates me! It does.

Perhaps the Mods see through your False Gospel, and know that I preach nothing that Paul didn’t write......perhaps they actually BELIEVE the Song you and others in here sing hypocritically every other Sunday—- “ Nothing But The Blood Of Jesus” .....I am very happy to be on the Right side of “ that” debate——I just figure that maybe they are too.....sorry about your Bad Luck....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I don’t question your Sincerity .....and Truly, That is the Saddest part of your existence....May God have Mercy on you and give you “ eyes to see” ....you are blind......you simply don’t Believe the Gospel ...you are in more jeopardy than you realize...Your False Gospel claims, “You don’t make it to Heaven by being good, but you can go to Hell by being Bad”—- That is your “ gospel”....... the Mind reels at this “ illogical- on -its -face” , Unbiblical Hog- Wash.......Satan LOVES it—- Trust me!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True Christians , like me, have the Works, but it is an Addition to Salvation....it’s there, but it does not HAVE to be there.
It does have to be there:

"...land that produces thorns and thistles is worthless, and its curse is imminent. In the end it will be burned." Hebrews 6:8
Believers, on the other hand, will have fruit to show for their faith. Because faith makes it not hard to do and be good.

"Even though we speak like this, beloved, we are convinced of better things in your case—things that accompany salvation. For God is not unjust. He will not forget your work and the love you have shown for His name as you have ministered to the saints and continue to do so." Hebrews 6:9-10
That's why you have to be good and do good. If you don't you are showing yourself to be a barren, fruitless piece of unsaved, unredeemed land that will be burned in the end.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Be good and do good.
"...this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome, because everyone born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world: our faith." 1 John 5:3-4
Faith makes it so we can be good and do good. Faith is the victory.

Reactions: Grailhunter

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Be good and do good.

......and go to Hell.....God is not interested in YOUR “ goodness” for Salvation...If one could ever be “ good enough” Christ’s Death in the Cross was a Cruel Waste Of Time.....

God takes CHRIST’S GOODNESS and applies it to you...... right when He did not HAVE to do it , and right when you did not DESERVE to have it done..... there is a REASON why we spend Eternity Worshipping God and not spend it patting ourselves on the back for our great Character and “ Goodness”.......Christianity 101 and you don’t get it.....

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
......and go to Hell.....God is not interested in YOUR “ goodness” for Salvation...If one could ever be “ good enough” Christ’s Death in the Cross was a Cruel Waste Of Time.....

God takes CHRIST’S GOODNESS and applies it to you...... right when He did not HAVE to do it , and right when you did not DESERVE to have it done..... there is a REASON why we spend Eternity Worshipping God and not spend it patting ourselves on the back for our great Character and “ Goodness”.......Christianity 101 and you don’t get it.....
Actually, you're the one that isn't getting it.
He's not saying doing good earns you salvation.
Doing good is the obligatory footsteps of faith.
No footsteps of faith shows you don't have the faith that leaves those footprints.
That's why you HAVE to have works to be saved when Jesus comes back.
If you don't, you show yourself to not have faith.
If you had faith you'd have works to show for it.

Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BE GOOD AND DO GOOD…..HOW DO WE DO THAT?

Acts 2:38 So Jesus commands all who are not saved to repent (Matt 4:17), to take the gospel into all the world (Matt 28:18-20), to take up our cross and follow Him. (Matthew 22:37-40) Christ said, Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.” (Matt 16:24-25). He also commands us to believe that He is in the Father and the Father is in Him (John 14:11), to stay alert and always pray (Luke 21:36), to love one another like Christ loved them (John 13:34-35), and to pray for our enemies and those who persecute us (Matt 5:44-45). These are not suggestions but commands given by the King of kings and Lord of Lords, Jesus Christ our Savior.

How does the Bible describe repentance….

2nd Chronicles 7:14 If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

Matthew 7:17-20 So every good tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears bad fruit. "A good tree cannot produce bad fruit, nor can a bad tree produce good fruit. "Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.

Luke 6:43-45 For there is no good tree which produces bad fruit, nor, on the other hand, a bad tree which produces good fruit. "For each tree is known by its own fruit. For men do not gather figs from thorns, nor do they pick grapes from a briar bush. "The good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth what is good; and the evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth what is evil; for his mouth speaks from that which fills his heart.

If we love Christ, these are the things we will not do…..

1st Corinthians 6:9-10 “Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.”

Galatians 5:21 “Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.”

Revelation 21:8
But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

Live your life righteous using Christ and the Bible as your guide.

1st Peter 3:12 For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and his ears are open to their prayer. But the face of the Lord is against those who do evil.”

1st John 3:7 Little children, let no one deceive you. Whoever practices righteousness is righteous, as he is righteous.

1st John 5:18 We know that everyone who has been born of God does not keep on sinning, but he who was born of God protects him, and the evil one does not touch him.

James 1:22 "But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves."

Luke 6:46“Why do you call me ‘Lord, Lord,’ and not do what I tell you?

John 14:23 "Jesus answered him, “If anyone loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him."

So if we love Christ and He is in us and we in Him, we will do what is pleasing to the Lord. Live for the Lord of Lords.

Romans 6:16 "Do you not know that if you present yourselves to anyone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin, which leads to death, or of obedience, which leads to righteousness?"

John 14:21 "He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him."

Luke 11:28 "But he said, “Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and keep it!”

1st Peter 1:14 "As obedient children, do not be conformed to the passions of your former ignorance,"

2nd Corinthians 10:5 "We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ,"

Romans 1:5 "Through whom we have received grace and apostleship to bring about the obedience of faith for the sake of his name among all the nations,"

1st John 5:3 "For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments. And his commandments are not burdensome."

Matthew 7:14-20 "Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

2nd Corinthians 2:9 "For this is why I wrote, that I might test you and know whether you are obedient in everything."

John 15:10 "If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love."

John 15:14 "You are my friends if you do what I command you."

Romans 12:2 "Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect." Another scripture particularly relevant to the new age OSAS heresy.

Ephesians 6:6 "Not by the way of eye-service, as people-pleasers, but as servants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart,"

1st John 2:3-6 "And by this we know that we have come to know him, if we keep his commandments. Whoever says “I know him” but does not keep his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him, but whoever keeps his word, in him truly the love of God is perfected. By this we may know that we are in him: whoever says he abides in him ought to walk in the same way in which he walked."

1st John 3:22 "And whatever we ask we receive from him, because we keep his commandments and do what pleases him."

1st John 3:24 "Whoever keeps his commandments abides in God, and God in him. And by this we know that he abides in us, by the Spirit whom he has given us."

1st John 5:2-3 "By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and obey his commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments. And his commandments are not burdensome."

James 1:22 "But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks intently at his natural face in a mirror. For he looks at himself and goes away and at once forgets what he was like. But the one who looks into the perfect law, the law of liberty, and perseveres, being no hearer who forgets but a doer who acts, he will be blessed in his doing."

2nd Thessalonians 1:8 "In flaming fire, inflicting vengeance on those who do not know God and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus."

Philippians 2:12 "Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, so now, not only as in my presence but much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling,"

Matthew 7:21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven."

Luke 6:46 "“But why do you call Me ‘Lord, Lord,’ and not do the things which I say?"

Matthew 7:20-23 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pleasing God....is obedience and good character

1st John 3:22 And whatever we ask we receive from him, because we keep his commandments and do what pleases him.

Hebrews 13:16 Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God.

2nd Corinthians 5:9 So whether we are at home or away, we make it our aim to please him.

John 8:29 And he who sent me is with me. He has not left me alone, for I always do the things that are pleasing to him.

1st Thessalonians 4:1 Finally, then, brothers, we ask and urge you in the Lord Jesus, that as you received from us how you ought to walk and to please God, just as you are doing, that you do so more and more.

2nd Thessalonians 2:4 But just as we have been approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel, so we speak, not to please man, but to please God who tests our hearts.

Ephesian 5:8-10 For at one time you were darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light (for the fruit of light is found in all that is good and right and true), and try to discern what is pleasing to the Lord.

Hebrews 13:15-16 Through him then let us continually offer up a sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of lips that acknowledge his name. Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God.

Philippians 2:13 For it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure.

Colossians 1:10 So as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to him, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God.

1st Timothy 5:3-5 Honor widows who are truly widows. But if a widow has children or grandchildren, let them first learn to show godliness to their own household and to make some return to their parents, for this is pleasing in the sight of God. She who is truly a widow, left all alone, has set her hope on God and continues in supplications and prayers night and day,

The Sheep and the Goats Matthew 25:31-46
31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’ 41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’ 45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

The Parable of Talents Matthew 25:14:30
14 “For it will be like a man going on a journey, who called his servants[a] and entrusted to them his property. 15 To one he gave five talents,[b] to another two, to another one, to each according to his ability. Then he went away. 16 He who had received the five talents went at once and traded with them, and he made five talents more. 17 So also he who had the two talents made two talents more. 18 But he who had received the one talent went and dug in the ground and hid his master's money. 19 Now after a long time the master of those servants came and settled accounts with them. 20 And he who had received the five talents came forward, bringing five talents more, saying, ‘Master, you delivered to me five talents; here, I have made five talents more.’ 21 His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant.[c] You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.’ 22 And he also who had the two talents came forward, saying, ‘Master, you delivered to me two talents; here, I have made two talents more.’ 23 His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.’ 24 He also who had received the one talent came forward, saying, ‘Master, I knew you to be a hard man, reaping where you did not sow, and gathering where you scattered no seed, 25 so I was afraid, and I went and hid your talent in the ground. Here, you have what is yours.’ 26 But his master answered him, ‘You wicked and slothful servant! You knew that I reap where I have not sown and gather where I scattered no seed? 27 Then you ought to have invested my money with the bankers, and at my coming I should have received what was my own with interest. 28 So take the talent from him and give it to him who has the ten talents. 29 For to everyone who has will more be given, and he will have an abundance. But from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away. 30 And cast the worthless servant into the outer darkness. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’

James 4:17 So for one who knows the right thing to do and does not do it, for him it is sin.

As far as being good and doing good.....that is not what saves you....but if you are thinking that heaven is going to be like Hotel California, you are wrong. You can in fact sin your way to hell. And doing good is not what gets you to heaven but not doing good can get you hell. Read the ending of the Sheep and the Goats.

This is not rocket science. God makes sense. What Christ teaches us makes sense. Christianity is not a religion of non-sense nor a religion of sinning with a reward.

Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is this about and not.....

1..No one is saying that being good and doing good has anything do with being initially saved, everyone agrees that, that is through Christ.

2..No one here is saying that being good and doing good justifies us, that is all through Christ.

3..No one is saying that good deeds is what gets you to heaven.

4..I am saying that being good and doing good is what Christians are repeatedly told to do. Being good and doing good is obedience to Christ. I mean really, what is the alternative that is being proposed here by some.

5..I am saying that sinful lifestyles can lead to hell...whether they believe in Christ or not.

6..I am not saying that sinful lifestyles cannot be forgiven. Even towards the end someone that has committed the worst of horrible sins or a sinful lifestyle can repent and be forgiven. That is all depends on sincerity and Christ will know the intentions and truths of the heart and will judge according. But that is Christ's choice to send that Christian to heaven or hell. I do contend that a change of heart at the last minute and expecting forgiveness is very risky, because, could someone like Hitler or serial killers change their character in that last few moments of their life? Not saying I know, but I would debate it.

7..I am saying that repentance is required to be initially saved. That repentance is not only acknowledging that you have sinned but a commitment to obey and be good and do good....the best you can. Salvation was not designed for perfection. Then after one is saved and commits sins, that repentance is required to get those sins forgiven. Again a commitment not to keep doing the same sin over and over again. It is not wrong for Christ to expect us to learn from our mistakes...we maybe slow learners but...

8..No one here is saying that you have to be perfect to go to heaven.

9..Then again, heaven is not going to be full of evildoers.

10..No one is saying that being good and doing good is salvation. It is believing in Christ as the Son of God and Savior. Acts 2:38

11..And the Bible says over and over again that we should obey Christ and our deeds will be judged, come Judgment Day.

12..Sins can lead to hell, particularly lifestyle sins because you cannot repent for something you intend to do or even continue to do. You cannot play Christ for a fool. You cannot con Christ, he know the heart and the intent.

13..I do contend that your average Christian will show up on Judgment Day and pass with flying colors.

14..In regard to sins, what is being discussed here is mostly lifestyle sins.

15..No one is saying that there is a biblical requirement to ask forgiveness for every sin or to remember every sin. Just ask forgiveness in one of your daily prayers.

Be good and do good the best you can.

Last edited:

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BE GOOD AND DO GOOD…..HOW DO WE DO THAT?

Jesus commands all who are not saved to repent (Matt 4:17), to take the gospel into all the world (Matt 28:18-20), to take up our cross and follow Him. (Matthew 22:37-40) Christ said, Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.” (Matt 16:24-25). He also commands us to believe that He is in the Father and the Father is in Him (John 14:11), to stay alert and always pray (Luke 21:36), to love one another like Christ loved them (John 13:34-35), and to pray for our enemies and those who persecute us (Matt 5:44-45). These are not suggestions but commands given by the King of kings and Lord of Lords, Jesus Christ our Savior.

How does the Bible describe repentance….

2nd Chronicles 7:14 If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

Matthew 7:17-20 So every good tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears bad fruit. "A good tree cannot produce bad fruit, nor can a bad tree produce good fruit. "Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.

Luke 6:43-45 For there is no good tree which produces bad fruit, nor, on the other hand, a bad tree which produces good fruit. "For each tree is known by its own fruit. For men do not gather figs from thorns, nor do they pick grapes from a briar bush. "The good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth what is good; and the evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth what is evil; for his mouth speaks from that which fills his heart.

If we love Christ, these are the things we will not do…..

1st Corinthians 6:9-10 “Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.”

Galatians 5:21 “Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.”

Revelation 21:8
But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”
Live your life righteous using Christ and the Bible as your guide.

1st Peter 3:12 For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and his ears are open to their prayer. But the face of the Lord is against those who do evil.”

1st John 3:7 Little children, let no one deceive you. Whoever practices righteousness is righteous, as he is righteous.

1st John 5:18 We know that everyone who has been born of God does not keep on sinning, but he who was born of God protects him, and the evil one does not touch him.

James 1:22 "But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves."

Luke 6:46“Why do you call me ‘Lord, Lord,’ and not do what I tell you?

John 14:23 "Jesus answered him, “If anyone loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him."

So if we love Christ and He is in us and we in Him, we will do what is pleasing to the Lord. Live for the Lord of Lords.

Romans 6:16 "Do you not know that if you present yourselves to anyone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin, which leads to death, or of obedience, which leads to righteousness?"

John 14:21 "He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him."

Luke 11:28 "But he said, “Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and keep it!”

1st Peter 1:14 "As obedient children, do not be conformed to the passions of your former ignorance,"

2nd Corinthians 10:5 "We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ,"

Romans 1:5 "Through whom we have received grace and apostleship to bring about the obedience of faith for the sake of his name among all the nations,"

1st John 5:3 "For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments. And his commandments are not burdensome."

Matthew 7:14-20 "Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

2nd Corinthians 2:9 "For this is why I wrote, that I might test you and know whether you are obedient in everything."

John 15:10 "If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love."

John 15:14 "You are my friends if you do what I command you."

Romans 12:2 "Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect." Another scripture particularly relevant to the new age OSAS heresy.

Ephesians 6:6 "Not by the way of eye-service, as people-pleasers, but as servants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart,"

1st John 2:3-6 "And by this we know that we have come to know him, if we keep his commandments. Whoever says “I know him” but does not keep his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him, but whoever keeps his word, in him truly the love of God is perfected. By this we may know that we are in him: whoever says he abides in him ought to walk in the same way in which he walked."

1st John 3:22 "And whatever we ask we receive from him, because we keep his commandments and do what pleases him."

1st John 3:24 "Whoever keeps his commandments abides in God, and God in him. And by this we know that he abides in us, by the Spirit whom he has given us."

1st John 5:2-3 "By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and obey his commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments. And his commandments are not burdensome."

James 1:22 "But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks intently at his natural face in a mirror. For he looks at himself and goes away and at once forgets what he was like. But the one who looks into the perfect law, the law of liberty, and perseveres, being no hearer who forgets but a doer who acts, he will be blessed in his doing."

2nd Thessalonians 1:8 "In flaming fire, inflicting vengeance on those who do not know God and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus."

Philippians 2:12 "Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, so now, not only as in my presence but much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling,"

Matthew 7:21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven."

Luke 6:46 "“But why do you call Me ‘Lord, Lord,’ and not do the things which I say?"

Matthew 7:20-23 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

....and Ferris says that “MY” posts are too long.....lol....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's why you HAVE to have works to be saved when Jesus *COMES BACK*

Luke 18:8.....”When the Son Of Man *COMES BACK* will He find “FAITH” on the Earth?”
Seems to me that one just has to have “Faith” to be Saved when Jesus returns.....

If one has “ works” he will receive Crowns.....no works? No Crowns. It will be nice to have works to exchange for Crowns when we get to the Bema Seat Of Christ—that place where Salvation is not even in question....that Issue was take care of when you Performed “ God's Will”. And what exactly was “ God’s Will?” If you said to simply “BELIEVE on the One that He sent” —-go to the head of the class!

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ said, Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.” (Matt 16:24-25).

This guy does not “Love God with ALL of his heart, with ALL of his soul , and with ALL of his mind—- only Jesus did.

This guy does not “Love His Neighbor like he loves himself!” Do you think that the last time this guy bought himself a new shirt he also bought one for his neighbor because he loved his neighbor like he loved himself?

Jesus also told a man to “ Sell everything that you own and give it to the poor”.....why didn’t you mention “ that” one?

I have the Good Sense to KNOW and ADMIT that I can't live up to God's Standards! One can “ delude” themselves into thinking that they are meeting God’s Standards , But in reality , we can’t even obey the #1 Commandment about Loving God with ALL of our heart, etc....Anybody with an OUNCE of Self honestly KNOWS they don’t love their Neighbor to the extent that Christ wants us to....

Why not just ADMIT IT !? .....You are a Hopeless , Helpless Sinner and can NEVER “ make the grade” by trying ( and failing) to live up to God’s Impossible Standing......

For those of you out there that insist upon living in “ The Fool’s Paradise” , go ahead and fool yourself into thinking you are “getting the job done” with your “ obedience” to the Laws Of God, Especially all that “ Love” you got for everybody .....go ahead and reject the Grace Of God , which is the ONLY WAY to get to Heaven....

W.C. Fields , the great comedian of old, was once asked why he was reading a Bible one day while taking a break on a Movie set . “ I’m Looking for ‘ Loop- Holes’” , was his reply.....By most accounts, he never found one......... I did though......It’s found in 1Cor15:1-4......It turns out that one DOES NOT have to “ measure up” by trying to obey 613 Commandments, and Loving God and your Neighbor 100% every hour of every day......All ya gotta do is Believe that Jesus died for your sins and rose from the Grave—— THAT is the “ Good News” That , If Believed , will Save you.....Mr.Fields was clueless about the True Gospel.....He was clueless about the Amazing Grace Of God.....Don’t YOU be that way....
“It is by Grace that you are Saved and NOT by Works lest any man should boast”...... Come out of the “Fools Paradise” That many people in these Forums live in....God bless....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Be good and do good the best you can.

The above is Satan’s recipe for Damnation....I used to think that way many years ago when I Too was Lost and thinking like the World does.....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
. Just ask forgiveness in one of your daily prayers

And what happens if you don’t? ( spoiler alert—- you are totally forgiven before you even ask)

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
..I do contend that your average Christian will show up on Judgment Day and pass with flying colors.

I “ contend” that this is a Load of Horse Hockey!
There is Nothing to “ pass” .....
EVERY CHRISTIAN goes to Heaven......a “ Christian” is one that has Christ IN them, and if you have Christ in you, you are Fit For Heaven....case closed...