Why do you feel it is so hard to be good?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This post apparently have no sense in it. So there is nothing for me to comment on.

Tong
R4545
I did not say, "make the choice to repent unto God and believe in Jesus Christ, and in the gospel that the apostles preached, every waking day". That's how you are ridiculing my position.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not talking about freedom to believe or not. And you know that. Our exchanges will bear that out.
I am well aware that you think the choice to believe or not to believe is not a freedom granted to a person but a choice that is forced on a person.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
I understand then that, in the days, weeks, months, 35 years, you have been continually in a state of believing, even while you don’t choose to believe everyday. And that is because there is no need for you to choose.
I am presently retaining the word of the gospel that I heard 35 years ago. And my works show that to the be the case. Therefore, I am presently saved. I have to continue to retain the word of the gospel I heard to continue to be saved. As long as I am retaining the word it is not hard to be good. Because that is now my natural inclination. Just as it was not hard to be bad when that was my natural inclination before I had a change of nature.
Yes you are, and I didn’t say otherwise. I believe you do. And that’s good. And I thank God for that. Or should I rather thank you? I guess not.

Tong
R4547

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
With John’s inspired writing? Nothing that I don’t agree with him.
Then you agree that the man who lives in sin is not born again. That's why a (true) Christian must be justified by works, too.
Not with your conclusions, in the context of your position of remaining saved. I agree with John’s inspired words, as I said. And that in context of what it means to truly believe or the faith that comes from God.

Tong
R4548

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Oh, I did. The problem is you are reading it out of the context of 1 John 5.
Here’s what I said:

Remember what Paul revealed about the natural (fallen) man concerning the things of the Spirit of God? That the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them,because they are spiritually discerned.

Do you have any questions on that?

Tong
R4549

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
I am not talking about freedom to believe or not. And you know that. Our exchanges will bear that out.
I am well aware that you think the choice to believe or not to believe is not a freedom granted to a person but a choice that is forced on a person.
As I said, our exchanges will bear me out that I am not talking about freedom to believe or not.

Tong
R4550

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
<<<You only have to choose to do that if that's what you're struggling with. >>>

Nope. If you find yourself to have to make the choice to repent unto God and believe in Jesus Christ, and in the gospel that the apostles preached, every waking day, means any of the following:

1. That that day you stop believing for you to have that choice again. So you need to repent unto God that day, to be saved. Else you will not be saved, at least that day.

2. Or That you really did not truly repent unto God the previous day, for you to have that choice again. So you need to repent unto God today, to be saved. Else you will not be saved, at least that is for today.

I find that as madness and foolishness, at least for me. Perhaps you don’t?

It’s either I am the fool or you are. I guess you’ll say it’s me. And if you do say that, it is me then. And I think, I will be blessed to be that fool until the end of my days.

Tong
R4533

Please allow me to settle this right now. Ferris is the “ Fool” and you are NOT the Fool.....Anything else need to be settled today before I hit the Golf Course? Lol......just kidding ( kinda) .....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then you agree that the man who lives in sin is not born again. That's why a (true) Christian must be justified by works, too.

It “ COULD” be that the man “ Living In Sin” is one that rejects the Gospel......it would be a default type of thing, because if you “ Believe” the Gospel , you are Saved.

True Christians , like me, have the Works, but it is an Addition to Salvation....it’s there, but it does not HAVE to be there...let the Holy Spirit hang around long enough and it’s pretty much inevitable....Have you ever “ worked” your mouth to say” Jesus is Lord?” .....great! That’s enough “work “ to get and keep you Saved...that's enough to get you qualified for the Great Promises Of God—- in SPITE of yourself and your yucky behavior.....a Promise like this—- “ You shall NEVER come under Condemnation”

What part of “ never” do you fail to understand ?

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I said, our exchanges will bear me out that I am not talking about freedom to believe or not.

Tong
R4550
I understand, perfectly, that you think God assigns to a person whether they will be a believer or whether they will be an unbeliever. There is no freedom of choice in your doctrine. There is only being forced to choose a particular way without any consideration of the desire of the person to choose what they would choose. It's a horrible doctrine.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
I understand, perfectly, that you think God assigns to a person whether they will be a believer or whether they will be an unbeliever. There is no freedom of choice in your doctrine. There is only being forced to choose a particular way without any consideration of the desire of the person to choose what they would choose. It's a horrible doctrine.
Nope.

Tong
R4561

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It “ COULD” be that the man “ Living In Sin” is one that rejects the Gospel......it would be a default type of thing, because if you “ Believe” the Gospel , you are Saved.
It's a good point, that if Jesus' commands are to trust Him, and love others, then, well, it seems to make sense to me, if we aren't trusting Him that's living in sin, even not trusting Him to keep His promises to us, including that we will in fact appear with Him, will in fact become like Him, will in fact receive a body like His, will in fact be with Him in that day.

Sorry for the run on sentence! But not enough to edit it.

:rolleyes:

But still . . . thinking your salvation is your own responsibility, that you must "maintain" your place in Christ, as though you put yourself there, and now you have to keep yourself there, in spite of the Fact that Scripture tells us the true remain there. But not trusting that, as a committed course of action, is that living in sin?

Much love!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You just keep proving my point....thanks....but I must ask....Why?
Lol, no, I'm not proving your assertion that ex-believers will never come into condemnation. I'm showing you that John 5:24 says present tense believing people won't come into condemnation. Paul says the same thing in your favorite passage, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4—you are saved if you are presently believing. It's a condition. You have to be presently believing to be saved. You say that's not true. Where in those passages does it say ex-believers who do not presently believe are saved? Show me.

Unbelievers are the ones who find it hard to be good. That's because they don't have the Holy Spirit in salvation. People who can't be good show by their lives that they are not born again:

8The one who practices sin is of the devil...
9Anyone born of God refuses to practice sin...because he has been born of God. 1 John 3:8-9

You say that's not true. You say John is wrong.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here, I'll make this easy for you to answer.

"...whoever hears My word and believes Him who sent Me has eternal life and will not come under judgment. Indeed, he has crossed over from death to life." John 5:24

John says it is the person who presently believes who has eternal life and will not come under judgment. Where does it say an ex-believer who no longer presently believes has eternal life and will not come under judgment? Show me how John 5:24 proves your point.

Last edited:

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"...I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received, and in which you stand firm. By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain." 1 Corinthians 15:1-2
'You are saved if you DON'T hold firmly to the word'?
Show me how 1 Corinthians 15:1-2 proves your point.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please allow me to settle this right now. Ferris is the “ Fool” and you are NOT the Fool.....Anything else need to be settled today before I hit the Golf Course? Lol......just kidding ( kinda) .....

Ya LOL Mr. idiot is calling Ferris a fool LOL The only reason they let you stay around here is to laugh at you.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here, I'll make this easy for you to answer.

"...whoever hears My word and believes Him who sent Me has eternal life and will not come under judgment. Indeed, he has crossed over from death to life." John 5:24

John says it is the person who presently believes who has eternal life and will not come under judgment. Where does it say an ex-believer who no longer presently believes has eternal life and will not come under judgment? Show me how John 5:24 proves your point.

Duh....can you dumb it down a little more? Then I will be happy to respond.....