Why do you reject authority?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Sooooo according to your theory every man has the God given right to worship according to his own conscience.

There is a member of this forum whose conscience allows him to believe that aborting a baby is not murder because the baby is not alive until it takes it's first breath.

Does God condone that "conscience" or condemn it?

Curious Mary
God gives you freedom to choose to persuade others to follow in your error.....does he condone or condemn it? The answer is obvious.....you are a free agent whose choices in time will reap their own rewards.

Reactions: Waiting on him

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What a lying load of manure . .

I am in the Knights of Columbus - and one of the MAIN tenets of the K of C is Patriotism. Charity, Unity, FraternIty and Patriotism are the principles of the K of C. As for your charge that the Church has always "hated" the constitution - this is omplete nonsense as well. Not ONLY did I learn about the Constitution in a Catholic school - TWO of the signers of this documemt were Catholics - Daniel Carroll and Thomas Fitzsimmons.

THIS is wjy I refer to people like YOU as "Anti-Catholics". NOT because you simpoy "disagree" with the Church - but because you have to resort to LYING to make your points. In cse you forgot - God HATES dishonesty . . .
Exod. 20:16
“You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor."

Rev. 21:8
But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters,
and ALL LIARS, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.”
you move on the chequer board to any square that you perceive suits your purpose. Integrity becomes an academic exercise with no semblance to its reality.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
thank you BoL
You may want to mention bablylon, how man tried to build his temple to heaven than God came and confounded all the languages, and here we see a religion trying to do the same, than along came God and caused confusion, hope you can see it.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You may want to mention bablylon, how man tried to build his temple to heaven than God came and confounded all the languages, and here we see a religion trying to do the same, than along came God and caused confusion, hope you can see it.
Jesus is the epitome of a splinter.....a veritable thorn in Satan's side. The mainstream loves the broad road.....with all the pomp and sophistry......even while the Titanic sinks, they dance!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apparently more than 4 cups day isnt good for you, i have had none this week yet
I can't imagine no coffee at this stage of my life.

I was delivered from all of those worldly vices in 1979 and took up drinking coffee instead.

If it isn't one thing it's another, huh?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I can't imagine no coffee at this stage of my life.

I was delivered from all of those worldly vices in 1979 and took up drinking coffee instead.

If it isn't one thing it's another, huh?
Well never being a big drinker, did start on the coffee, than one day a stopped and , yep withdrawals, that was when i discovered it is a drug. Also noted that if you tried to avoid it, you always went and go teh drink with the most caffeine. Still have one from time to time.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A system of works or practices implied by men by which they allege I’ll find favor from God.
Indeed which man or men shall we follow when we hear their call? In which 'house' will we find Jesus? Where will we find the kingdom of God?

"Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.
And he said unto the disciples, The days will come, when ye shall desire to see one of the days of the Son of man, and ye shall not see it.
And they shall say to you, See here; or, see there: go not after them, nor follow them" Luke 17:21-23

"Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;
That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me." John 17:20-23

"To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:" Col 1:27

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apparently more than 4 cups day isnt good for you, i have had none this week yet
Early in my secular career sitting at a desk most of the day I was drinking a couple of large pots of strong black coffee every day. I was really hooked on it. When I tried to quit cold turkey it was impossible as missing my coffee for a short period brought on the most severe of headaches reminding me of the migraines I had had as a child. I weaned myself off the coffee based on medical advice.

More recently for the last few years I have been drinking coffee again but very weak with cream and sweetener added and never very much altogether. If I miss my coffee now, I may wish I could have a cup, but no adverse effects otherwise.

Reactions: mjrhealth

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God gives you freedom to choose to persuade others to follow in your error.....does he condone or condemn it? The answer is obvious.....you are a free agent whose choices in time will reap their own rewards.
Fascinating.....Any answer to the question I put forth??

Curious mary

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sooooo you don't think you won't find favor from God if you listen to men??? I guess Jesus lied to the Apostles (men) when he said to those men if they reject you they reject me and if they reject me they reject the One who sent me!

You have a nice theory but Scripture destroys your theory....
2 Timothy 3:16-17 KJV
[16] All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: [17] That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
The scripture you presented is in reference to one being presented with the gospel.

but I’ll give you this much, you are desperate and unwavering in you attempting to draw men from Christ.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Ummmm....Paul did teach that he had authority... he received it through a revelation of Jesus Christ and he boasted about it in 2 Cor. 10:8-9!!! Did you forget about those passages in Scripture???

Listen, read Scripture, learn it and get back with me so we can have a serious conversation.
Isn't it interesting how just changing one word can alter the meaning of a text. What you are saying is that the Scripture says that Paul himself had the authority, and that would be true if he used the word "I". But he didn't. He used the word "us", which means that the authority was vested in the ministry team who were tasked with building up the Corinthian church. Because he mentions Apollos and Peter who were also involved in building the church up at various times, the "us" includes them as well.

It is also interesting that Jesus said that the person who aspires to be the leader of men, needs to be the servant of all, because it is by serving that true leadership is seen in a person. So, barking orders at people is not the authority that Jesus and Paul speaks of. Paul said, also in 1 Corinthians, "Who is Paul? Who is Apollos? They are merely servants of God who brought you to faith in Christ". He said this in response to the attitude of some Corinthian believers in choosing which leader's authority they were going to accept in preference to others.

So, in terms of Church hierarchy: "Who is the Pope?" Just an old guy in fancy robes and a silly hat, surrounded by a whole lot of other old guys in fancy robes and silly hats. He doesn't even bring people to faith in Christ. All he does is to induce people to have faith in a paganised cult which he calls the true Church.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isn't it interesting how just changing one word can alter the meaning of a text. What you are saying is that the Scripture says that Paul himself had the authority, and that would be true if he used the word "I". But he didn't. He used the word "us", which means that the authority was vested in the ministry team who were tasked with building up the Corinthian church. Because he mentions Apollos and Peter who were also involved in building the church up at various times, the "us" includes them as well.

It is also interesting that Jesus said that the person who aspires to be the leader of men, needs to be the servant of all, because it is by serving that true leadership is seen in a person. So, barking orders at people is not the authority that Jesus and Paul speaks of. Paul said, also in 1 Corinthians, "Who is Paul? Who is Apollos? They are merely servants of God who brought you to faith in Christ". He said this in response to the attitude of some Corinthian believers in choosing which leader's authority they were going to accept in preference to others.

So, in terms of Church hierarchy: "Who is the Pope?" Just an old guy in fancy robes and a silly hat, surrounded by a whole lot of other old guys in fancy robes and silly hats. He doesn't even bring people to faith in Christ. All he does is to induce people to have faith in a paganised cult which he calls the true Church.
If you don't think Paul had the authority to teach what Christ taught I am concerned for your ability to interpret Scripture.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Timothy 3:16-17 KJV
[16] All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: [17] That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
The scripture you presented is in reference to one being presented with the gospel.

but I’ll give you this much, you are desperate and unwavering in you attempting to draw men from Christ.
Yup, YOU, and no one else, have been inspired to correct others in what false doctrine they hold and are able to correct them into righteousness...Fascinating...Thank you for your time.

Reactions: Waiting on him

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yup, YOU, and no one else, have been inspired to correct others in what false doctrine they hold and are able to correct them into righteousness...Fascinating...Thank you for your time.
Isnt that what you are doing.. Yup, just that. You should go find Christ than you will stop walking in the darkness, tripping over your feet and TEMPTING people away from Christ.

Heb_4:7 Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.

But can He help it that men prefer the voice of men to Him.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There were two questions in your post far as I could tell.

do you feel rejected, have you felt this way your entire life?

Christ receives all those who believe on Him..
Men reject.

Status
Not open for further replies.