Why do you think that GOD had Noah build the ark?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
BiggAndyy said:
Ask Him when you see Him, He did not say in scripture.
Genesis6:13 "And God said unto noah,The end of all flesh is come before me;for the earth is filled with violence through them;and behold i will destroy them with the earth."

Now its easy to see we have a useless moderator,because any kid from sunday school would know this.

I would like to see if anyone knows who the "THEM are that God is talking about?

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Pelaides said:
Now its easy to see we have a useless moderator,because any kid from sunday school would know this.
-- Really? "Useless moderator."

I sincerely hope you don't witness to the lost in this same manner.

Brothertom

All for Jesus no matter the cost.
May 1, 2012
Bottom of Illinois
"LOL! You DO know that Abel was not the ancestor of Noah, right? Abel was killed before he had children. SETH was born to Adam to take Abel's place after Abel was killed. Just noticed this in re-reading your post."..Retrobyter.

I stand corrected RTB. I "knee jerked" my response...forgetting this fact...but the "Holy Seed" idea remains the same...[ though it be through Seth inherently] It is very possible though that Abel was the holy seed via God's pleasure in his worship of Himself, & allowed to be martyred young.

The Nephilim were a factor...but the simple reason of the Why? of the Flood, & the Why? of the Ark is very simple. Noah was Righteous & the Old World was exceedingly corrupt, & had to be destroyed, as Satan & his angels had to leave Heaven..[ to become the destroyers on Earth..]. God gave them a witness in righteous Noah...The "foolishness" of preaching a merciful God, & a way out....which they apparently mocked.

The eight who came out of the flood, the ancestors of everyone on the Earth today..[ Noah is my grandfather!]....were to be fearful witnesses of God's mercy & Wrath..but most of course were corrupted. & the bloodline Patriarch of Abraham was SHEM....who evidently fear God.

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
I KNOW THIS ONE... I KNOW WHY GOD HAD NOAH BUILD THE ARK!!!

Noah's wife always wanted a nice Rose Garden and so each year insisted Noah plant one for her. All the other wifes had very nice Rose Gardens, but not her. So he sat out to learn the ins and outs, dos and do nots of planting flowers.
And after 600 years of trying and always failing... He looked up and God and said;

Lord I would rather be building a Ship in the Middle of a Desert

stefen

Mar 3, 2013
Chennai, India
Dear Brother Guysmith,

You have raised a nice question. Before answering to this question..! Let me put some more questions infront of you to make it clear.

How does the people before Noah period lived for 600 to 1000 + years?

As per Genesis 1, God have separated waters and kept in two places. One is above the heaven and another on earth. What does this mean?

Bible says that earth is filled with Human beings at the time of Noah period.. Is that really mean it?

If u find the answers for above, you will get 80% of the answer you have asked for..!

Trust that God does everything with a plan. Human mind does not have sufficient power to understand His plan.

guysmith

Nov 12, 2007
Miami, FL
Welcome to the board stefen,

Please divulge your thoughts on your question.

You stated: Human mind does not have sufficient power to understand His plan.

My response: Bible Prophecy is a word puzzle with the pieces of the puzzle designed into the Bible. A very solvable puzzle.

Guy

stefen

Mar 3, 2013
Chennai, India
Yeah. We could solve that puzzle, only with the help of Holy Spirit. He is the teacher who reveals the secret of God's acts.

I will write my observations below. i think it would be difficult to digest it. But we have to..! :)

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, stefen.

stefen said:
Dear Brother Guysmith,

You have raised a nice question. Before answering to this question..! Let me put some more questions infront of you to make it clear.

How does the people before Noah period lived for 600 to 1000 + years?

As per Genesis 1, God have separated waters and kept in two places. One is above the heaven and another on earth. What does this mean?

Bible says that earth is filled with Human beings at the time of Noah period.. Is that really mean it?

If u find the answers for above, you will get 80% of the answer you have asked for..!

Trust that God does everything with a plan. Human mind does not have sufficient power to understand His plan.
Actually, no one lived to 1000 years. Metushelach (or Methuselah), the man who has lived the longest, only lived to 969 years. Adam and Noach (Noah) lived 930 years and 950 years respectively, the Flood occurring in Noach's 600th and 601st years. These genealogies can be found in Genesis 5 and the descendants of Noach in Genesis 11 (after the account of the Tower of Bavel or Babel or Babylon). If one will map it out on a timeline, one would discover that they quickly began to die younger and younger after the Flood, each generation getting shorter and shorter. Only the myths of the Egyptians made claims of lifespans exceeding 1000 years.

The other thing one would realize from such a timeline is that Shem actually lived BEYOND the lifespans of several of his descendants and was alive for HALF of Abraham's lifespan! Indeed, even Noach can be calculated to have lived part of Abraham's lifespan! Noach didn't die until just after 2000 years since the Creation of Adam while Avram or Avraham was born in 1950 years since the Creation.

Of course, some of this in contingent on whether there are any gaps in the Genesis record. To say someone was someone else's "father" could also mean "grandfather" or "great grandfather." Just as the Jews would call Avraham their "father," and Yeshua` was called the "son of David," even though there were several generations in between. Some feel that there is a gap during or before the lifetime of Peleg. However, I don't find anything in the Hebrew text to REQUIRE such a gap. Indeed, because Ever (or Eber) outlived six generations after him, it would lend credibility as to why generations after him would be called "Ivriyt" or descendants of Ever.

Just some thoughts.

stefen

Mar 3, 2013
Chennai, India
Sorry..! I was out yesterday. I am replying to my above questions one by one now. I am typing this from my phone, sorry if there is any grammatical / spell errors.
In genesis 1st Chapter, God have separated the waters and kept that at two places. 1st place is on heaven / sky (may be) and some water on earth for oceans / seas. Before that, there was water everywhere on the earth and Spirit was there on it. I think you must have read this in Genesis 1:1,2.

Just go through theoretically as per Bible (we don't need scientific explanation on our past lives). It clearly says, Earth was filled with water and no land / soil on it. Here what God did is He kept some water on earth and pushed the remaining on heaven / sky. So, it clearly understood that, there was not 3/4th of water on earth (as we have right now). But there was less water in some oceans / seas on earth which is mentioned in Genesis 2. So, in some generations, earth was filled with human being. That's what God also felt in next chapters and planned to control them.
There was no rain before Noah period, they even don't know what is rain. There must not be any seasons..! After Noah ark was built, the Bible verse says that God have opened the gates of heaven and rain came on earth. Now earth is like in genesis 1 filled with water everywhere. Only noah's ark is floating on water. After 1+ year or so, God have remembered Noah and wind came, then it was created seasons, gave 1/4th area to human to live. Moved that 1/4th water to clouds, cold areas in antarctica.. Etc..!

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
guysmith said:
We know that GOD had the
power to hold back the waters for Israel when she crossed the Red Sea. He certainly could have protected Noah and
the animals at the snap of His finger.
So why do you think GOD had Noah build the ark?
"How long can you tread water?"
- Bill Cosby

Justin Mangonel

Nov 7, 2012
Dear All,

I believe that God had Noah build the ark first as a sign to that generation
of the impending destruction that God was about to bring upon the world. It was
meant to bring repentance for Noah was a preacher of righteousness. In
all probability Noah's message did bring about a following and they may have
helped him build the ark. However, they lost faith as the years drug on
and fell away until only Noah and his family were left to finish it.
Perhaps if they would have held on to message so of them could have come to the
new world too. There was a time when the ark was sealed...I think 7
days before the rain came and God shut it Himself. There is a day
when the judgment is set and there is no way to stop it.

In a greater sense the ark represents a lot of truths. It speaks to
the rapture, to the New Heavens and New Earth, to salvation, to faith and a lot
of other eternal truths. There is a new movie coming out about Noah starring
Russell Crow...I really look forward to seeing it.

Blessings,

Justin

guysmith

Nov 12, 2007
Miami, FL
Justin,

You stated: I believe that God had Noah build the ark first as a sign to that generation
of the impending destruction that God was about to bring upon the world.

My response: great insight. The two witness' will have a similar role.

Guy

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
guysmith said:
Arnie,

Joel 2:32 And EVERYONE who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved; for on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there will be deliverance, as the Lord has said, among the survivors whom the Lord calls.

If you understand this concept of the "out," then you are being called. If you ignore this calling, then that is of your own choosing.

Guy
Guy ... you used Joel 2:32 as a reason to claim it applies to ... "everybody" ...... maybe it does .... I have no issue with that.

However in Joel 3:1 it is specific to Israel again

... In those days and at that time,
... when I restore the fortunes of Judah and Jerusalem,

See what I mean ?
arnie

guysmith

Nov 12, 2007
Miami, FL
Hello arnie,

Even before Christ's ministry there was provisions for gentiles in the OT.

Ezekiel 47:21 “You are to distribute this land among yourselves according to the tribes of Israel. 22 You are to allot it as an inheritance for yourselves and for the foreigners residing among you and who have children. You are to consider them as native-born Israelites; along with you they are to be allotted an inheritance among the tribes of Israel. 23 In whatever tribe a foreigner resides, there you are to give them their inheritance,” declares the Sovereign Lord.

Here is another thought. When the time comes to being at the "out" do you think that there will be bouncers checking everyones ID. It's not that there won't be hoops to jump through, it's just that If God does not want someone there, then the plane will have engine failure or some other snag will prevent one from even being there.

In Christ,
Guy